IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#772 7 years ago

Did my first small mod on my Baywatch, looks pretty decent and the mount is barely noticeable! I'm Pleased.

IMG_0788 (resized).JPGIMG_0788 (resized).JPG

IMG_0789 (resized).JPGIMG_0789 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#793 7 years ago

Anyone ever tried adding these?

ebay.com link: itm

They really do look neat and would be cool over the 5 Shark targets

#800 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

is gate mechanism set up properly? In test mode, does the gate open and close correctly?

After my Baywatch cleanup recently, I found the upper right gate did not want to open properly. I had to do a tiny adjustment for it to be a c.h. closer and then it would "grab" it perfectly after.

#801 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I was thinking about getting those too, but waiting for you to buy them and show us how nice they look. That area does look plain without them.

I just bought the set right now also, thanks for the sharer showing the pics of the finished product, look great!

If you head up to post #772, I added the shark in there about 2 weeks ago, I LOVE it there, definitely ads to the space also.

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Send me a link to where I can buy that? All the ones I tried to find on eBay were sold out

Here's where I got mine, very inexpensive also, it says 3 sold, 0 available. But might be worth a try messaging them maybe?

ebay.com link: itm

EDIT:

Found more, but more expensive, keep searching "Blue Shark Schleich"

ebay.com link: NEW SCHLEICH 14701 Blue Shark Sea Ocean Animals

2 weeks later
#843 7 years ago

Here's mine

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

#844 7 years ago

Figured I'd also pump the the tires of our EBay seller, liking these target covers a lot! Installed them on the weekend

IMG_0979 (resized).JPGIMG_0979 (resized).JPG

IMG_0980 (resized).JPGIMG_0980 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#892 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Yeah I mean inside the actual cabinet. With all the wires and such. Just very, very dirty. I will vacuum (with my little dust buster). But I'm thinking alcohol and toothbrushes as well. As for the playfield, I have novus and was that I am gonna use to clean that up.

Read, read, read the the forum threads that are stickied that have great tutorials on cleaning, maintaining, repairing. Pretty mucnh any question can be answered. Takes time to sift through them, but the knowledge people have here is second to none.

Welcome to the Baywatch club, love it here.

1 month later
#917 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Now that looks really really good!

I did white bats with blue Superbands, I love the look!

#919 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Can you snap a pic? Thanks

Didn't slide the glass down but I think I got it good.

IMG_1285 (resized).JPGIMG_1285 (resized).JPG

IMG_1286 (resized).JPGIMG_1286 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So put my Baywatch on location a week ago, went to check on it last night and of course it has an issue after working flawlessly at home for several years.
It appears that my 32v flashers and coils are out. I tried changing the fuse and that didn't seem to fix it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to make some progress on this? I'm at work until 3:30 but then planned to go check it out some more and see if I could make any improvements on it. Trying to diagnose and fix in the bar at midnight last night wasn't the best.

Check the soldered in Relay at the top of the PPB also. Mine is done for right now, it was messing with my flashers, some GI, etc.

1 month later
#1052 6 years ago

Yeah, but you might have the laser kick already lit up in the case where it saved it from shark flipper

4 months later
#1308 6 years ago

I just jumped on waitlist also today. As far as i'm concerned this thing is basically unplayable with the lights in the room dim until I can get my hands on a board. The GI flashing is horrible.

1 week later
#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

oh and btw, I really love this game. Maybe it's because I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it's just super fun, and people that think otherwise suck haha

Hey, I have had my BW for a little over a year and I am loving it more right now than I ever have. It’s parked beside my Fish Tales and I head to my Baywatch twice as much to play!!

#1357 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I have a question. I can be a minute into a ball and I will lose the ball and get ball save where it say "Baywatch will be right back" . I have my game difficulty set to easy. Is this normal?

You can specifically set the ball save time in the settings, it must be set really high

1 week later
#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is anyone willing to burn these roms for us less capable dudes? A monetary payment would, of course, be provided.

Samesies!!
I’m in please if someone's burning!

#1419 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

oh man, is all this pressure on me to burn ROMs now???
I'm not sure I'm comfortable, or have the time, to burn ROMs for everyone...

We believe in you!!

#1429 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Finally got Baywatch in the house.

I wanted to order up that topper also, but the only place I could find it was Ministry, or somewhere in EU but the shipping was exorbitant and I had to pass.

#1477 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My rom burners already arrived but looks like eraser will take a while? It there a safe way to erase using some other method while I wait for shipping from china?

My China purchases (which are too many usually say 39-64 days for shipping, LOL

#1500 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I've put hours and hours of play on it. Just removal of all the bugs (and there were quite a few) make the game more fun to play, but he went beyond that and also changed the rule set and scoring strategies so that players will actually want to play all the modes in the game now, which in my opinion, makes the game 10 times more fun to play. I think people miss out on the full experience and enjoyment of a game if they feel like they must avoid certain modes or facets because they are too risky or too boring, and I think he eliminated that stuff with this update.
You're going to love it. Like I said in a previous post - it's totally gnarlatious, dudes!
And here's a score for you guys to beat:

HOLY Crap, i'm at 1,455,000,000. I got some work to do!!

#1502 6 years ago

Nothing like trying to hit those frickin' targets and having that ball smash back twice as hard right down the pipe

#1518 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Updated Baywatch code is running at Jerilee's Pub in Lafayette, IN if anyone wants to come check it out in person. All coin drop from this month is being donated to Chad for his code update. As of last night you were up to $17 coming your way Chad, hope we can get you a nice donation by the new year.

Nice touch!! Good to hear of these things

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That is awesome. Thank you!

Currently thinking of returning it early to mid January. Thank you again!

Come grab my Whirlwind and add a "ball save" option for it!!!!!

1 week later
#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

What is it that causes the trap door to open on the new code? My trap door has not been working since code update. Coil tests good and works during ball search. In settings I have returns to open trap door set to YES. What should I be looking for?

Might be power level?

3 weeks later
#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Here's a "dummy" question: How do you clip the rectifier board to a GI socket for power?? I don't ebay but is this the same thing?
amazon.com link »
Thanks!
Nate

Could try one of these - and a harness maybe, very inexpensive at Comet

http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-1-SMD-5050-FLEX-6-3V-QUICK-CONNECT-p/mtx1smdflex.htm

OR this

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/wirepack.htm

#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed LEDs in all the controlled sockets last night. Kind of a pain in the ass getting the subway off. There must have been at least twenty screws holding that sucker down. I'm very happy with the results, though. The game looks great. As usual, it was a 100% custom job. I simply looked at the various inserts and went with the LED I thought worked best. I used all non-ghosting LEDs from Comet. Most of them were either frosted or clear 1 SMD bulbs, with some flexible ones thrown in here and there. The only thing I'm not sure I'm happy with are the frosted green ones I used for the three lock lights. They are a bit brighter than I would like, but to my knowledge they are the dimmest non-ghosters available. I could go the LED OCD route, but I do not feel this game needs it.
I did some of the GI, but only the stuff that was easy to get to. I don't want to do the rest until I have new rubbers for the game. This will prevent me from having to take the playfield apart twice. I installed cool white frosted 1 SMD bulbs under the slings and inlane plastics, and I also added a spotlight over each sling. This lights up the playfield nicely. One downside to the brighter GI is that there is a distracting reflection of the lower playfield bulbs in the DMD. This probably wouldn't affect most people, but I am 6'3", so I have a higher vantage point.
Here's a couple photos that show the reflection in the DMD I'm talking about ...

For any GI that I didn't want to remove PF items, I just did the change from below, took out the screw, changed bulb, put 'er back.

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wonder if your game was modified. All of my GI sockets are soldered and stapled to the playfield.

Well, damn, maybe it wasn't Baywatch I did that then, lol.

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

As I recall, I was able to rotate the socket from underneath the subway. I will eventually remove that subway though to clean it. Its probably never been removed.

The subway is probably the last thing on the pin I have not thoroughly cleaned, The last remaining source of filth to create habitrails on my PF, I should remove and clean asap also.

I took apart everything under my apron last weekend and re-sleeved and repaired a broken diode and cleaned, HOLY was it filthy at the bottom of the ball trough.

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Doesn’t Cometpinball sell led strips too that hook up to the GI?
Just checked and yes the do.

I just got a few in a pack of bulbs i bought, they come with the adapters or the clips.

#1697 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I use their 5" and 3" LED strips when I need to get white GI light to a dark area. I have a few behind the guard tower to light up the ramps in that corner.

Nice idea, I might try that. I bought 4 of them, accidentally bought 3 of them blue when I only wanted 1 blue and 3 cool white. So now I might need to get creative somehow somewhere. The blue 3 led strip was for my WW

1 week later
#1788 6 years ago

Anyone ever had a batch of Boat Plastics made? I saw a thread once a guy asked to have one scanned to he could make. Is there anyone without theirs broken, lol? of course can't find one anywhere, If you have a spare or a scratched thats a spare or a nos let me know, I could probably take it off your hands please.

#1793 6 years ago

Thats the one PoMC

2 weeks later
#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

My 2 top left flashers do not work. Can anybody tell me if its wired correctly?

Missing the orange wire on the bottom connector maybe?

1 week later
#1878 6 years ago

Just arrived! Protective film still covering it

FE7A7CA3-64F4-45C4-B751-66B05E1B1D54 (resized).jpegFE7A7CA3-64F4-45C4-B751-66B05E1B1D54 (resized).jpeg

#1885 6 years ago

I just peeled both sides back a bit and it seems very good, great color, and it’s nice and thick. Quite pleased !

#1887 6 years ago

Yes, I do want to try to bother a pi sister or two that does have a topper topper a photo or two how it’s attached, but my first thought is two “L” brackets with 2 screw holes each. Pre drill topper and affix.

#1889 6 years ago

Cool, I’ll probable do smaller carriage type bolt with a smooth finish.

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

You are right, topper is riveted though.
Cheers

THX for the pics!

1 week later
#1906 6 years ago

Frig, I ordered the wrong one once already last year.... Anyone know the correct coin door lock to buy for Sega door/Baywatch?

#1913 6 years ago

Trying again please.... Anyone know which door lock mech to buy for Baywatch?? I bought the wrong one once and tonight tried moving my Fish Tales lock over as a test, still isn't correct. Help
I have a cart filling up on Marco and need to process soon.

Thanks in advance!

#1917 6 years ago

Is it on the ball launch at the start of a new ball? Mine was just tapping the wireform above the launch wireform. I had to lower it a hair and ball rolled through smooth after.

#1920 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Yes it's on the start of a new ball. I can't see what the ball is hitting because it's behind the guard tower

It's probably just catching the other wire form that's right there, raise one a hair or lower one a hair and see what happens.

#1934 6 years ago
#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Take care of them tho..I dont think reproductions exist.

Bay Area amusements keeps a handful there, but not all, wouldn't be dumb to buy one of each

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone have a image file for score cards I could download?
Thanks

I have some cool ones, i'll try to find them

#1974 6 years ago

If it doesn't size right, message me and maybe I can just e-mail the file.

baywatch Final (resized).jpgbaywatch Final (resized).jpg

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Are there any sources for the
red/pink flipper
shark flipper
dual ramp
center ramp
plastic set

Not plastic set, but major "easy break" randoms at Bay Area amusements, haven't seen much else out there. If you scroll back a page or two, one dude was mentioning he does full plastic Sega set if i'm not crazy

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/baywatch/6771/plastic-set-for-baywatch?c=2807

Pinball rebel has some stuff also

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My Baywatch was manufactured in May of 95. I was looking to purchase a flipper rebuild kit. I have noticed there is a updated kit and there is the early Sega kit part number 500-6306-20. What kit has everyone been using? Should I use the newer version kit?

I bought this for mine, I didn't do the full rebuild kit, but maybe you can cross reference the parts

Plunger link & pawl Data East / Sega 515-5051-00

#2014 6 years ago

I think it's a total blast and way underscored in the "top100" ratings, IMO this baby could be well into the top 100 with the great shots and now the updated code by Chad, if all the players played it with updated code they'd be all over it!!

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Cost of the display versus game value, the additional work required to port everything to 192x64, and the small number of games that use this format were all factors in timing support for Baywatch and large format displays. The Baywatch display has over 12,000 individual RGB LEDs, and cost for the modules themselves is more than 3.5x that of a standard display.
Also, that's a lot of work to color all those dots! At $469 you're getting a full 100% colorized and supported display, priced BELOW new plasma displays (lowest price I found was $495... most vendors don't carry them anymore).
The work Eric has done with this game and the incredible amount of detail in this colorization is a true game-changer. The attract score image we posted with the announcement barely scratches the surface. There are features in the Baywatch colorization that you've never seen before on any previous ColorDMD, and we're excited for the reveal at TPF.
Hope to see you there!
Link to Announcement: https://mailchi.mp/dab3143dd067/colordmd-x-led-preview

Here's an even tougher sell to Canadians, sucks to have our exchange. Not for me right now.........

469 US Dollars
or 469 USD to CAD:
= 602,06 Canadian Dollar's

#2063 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Install Chads new code instead. It balances the game properly, fixes bugs and has a lot less GI flickering.

Exactly right, toss a few bucks out on the new code. I was in line for a board, but after new code, I decided against it, It's muuuch better now!

OR if you unplug the harness into the board, it disables the flashing GI also

#2069 6 years ago

Yes, I put in non-ghost Comets in my BW and have had good results. I cheaped out once and hated all the ghosting on my Fish Tales, never again will I do that.

#2141 6 years ago

The code is great, unfortunately i'm still a shitty pinball player!

Goals! lol

1 week later
#2173 6 years ago

Powering down and back on should do that hard re-boot

#2179 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Quite a bit on tinkering and reseating connectors and taking a break from it for a few minutes seemed to fix it right up! The best part was the flipper problem was the coil launcher arm somehow got to where the flipper nipple was getting stuck on the arm! I just took some pliers...barely moved it up and problem solved.
Some of the craziest stuff at times is the simplest fix!

I work as a switching technician in the telecom business, sometimes the "AC Power cycle" is the best part of my job!

#2204 6 years ago

If its the right flipper, it also could be something on the "shark fin" flipper

#2215 6 years ago
Quoted from Robb63:

Thank you Matt for burning the 4.1 Rom from Chad H and for shipping it out so quickly. Now I just need to donate to the Chad, and how do I do that?

Go here: http://www.pinballcode.com/

Button is there

#2219 6 years ago
Quoted from Robb63:

Thank you for posting The bodacious score cards it was so easy to print out and I can’t wait to put them in my game tonight I will post some pictures later I installed new mirror blades and made my own Led Pin lighting strips and what a difference that made . I also replaced the European coin door with the correct USA one and will install the Sega sonic the hedgehog decal as well that I just had printed..

Let's just have Robb hammer off a couple dozen of them and mail them out to us!

1 week later
#2246 6 years ago

Anyone else peruse around that Baywatch for sale thread?? LMFAO

#2254 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I apologize if I missed it, but has there been a date or ordering process or line for the XL ColorDMD?

I am also sorry if I missed it, is there a stash of envelopes or a place to pick up the envelopes of cash so I can attempt to justify to pay for the new XLColorDMD

#2259 5 years ago

Here’s mine, doesn’t look the same as yours

I wonder if someone was trying to flame polish it and got it too hot?

C34271E5-B9DA-4BD3-B8ED-1D5DA566BA01 (resized).jpegC34271E5-B9DA-4BD3-B8ED-1D5DA566BA01 (resized).jpeg

#2261 5 years ago

You could get crazy and try warming it up with a heat gun and pushing it back carefully?

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Awesome. Let Randy know you are planning on taking it to he can send you an advertisement to put on your game. Email him at [email protected]

I'd be hoping for a meager % discount on a new dmd if I was doing free advertising for them, wouldn't the business also want their sales (customers) to promote their sales for them? Or maybe this is already happening and i'm talking out my ass....

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD X-LED DISPLAY! Limited Pilot Run
We are now accepting orders through our store site. Target shipping date is May 5, 2018.
Product Announcement and Preorder Information: https://mailchi.mp/c321213bea50/new-colordmd-x-led-192x64-displays-preorder-now

Will you take CDN dollars on par?

#2283 5 years ago

Now, will the market be flooded with 192 x 64 DMD's in the coming weeks.........i thinks so!

#2299 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Amazing preview video. Can’t wait to put it in.

That’s what he said

#2319 5 years ago

Does Bay Area amusements have them? I bought some from them last year

#2345 5 years ago

Will this awesome color DMD bring this fun pin well into the Top100 where it belongs?

#2350 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Have an issue that just came up today. Upon waterskiing video mode about half way through the game shoots out 2 balls and flippers start working. Anybody have any ideas what the heck is going on?

Throwing a dart here but.... bad rom or corrupt?

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The higher resolution of the ColorDMD in Baywatch makes it look way better than the normal size ColorDMDs. I was originally on the fence because it costs so much, but now I would recommend it to anyone who owns a Baywatch without hesitation. Plus, you can defray some of the cost by selling your old one.

Still pretty cost prohibitive for us Canadians, just over $600 for the DMD + shipping. I want one, but frick. can't do it

1 month later
#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hey, team
I've been thinking about installing a G&R coil on my Baywatch's lower right flipper. I'm sick of tower shots rolling back every time.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1379
Has anyone tried this? What's the risk to the flipper board or other electronics?

Might need a rebuilt kit or just new sleeves & plunger. clean them up

#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Yes you are correct they are upside down. Now that the repairs are completed I will be moving it to the game room.
I installed a new flipper rebuild kit and coil brackets. The end of stroke switches were replaced. The original flipper coils are in good shape. The other two flippers were rebuilt too. I will post playfield photos tomorrow.

It looks fantastic
You could say it looks imamaculate!!

1 month later
#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from holm:

Does anyone know where I can buy plastic G and Z for my Baywatch? Or does anyone have them for sale? Last option, does anyone have them scanned and wants to share the file with me? Thanks
[quoted image]

I've been trying to find "Z" for two years, good luck if you find one, if you find two, call me!!!

3 weeks later
#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Who else has this happen a lot ..........
'Tourist Season' mode begins ! ...woo yeah ....awesome This time I'm gonna *really* nail it.
*instantly loses a ball*
'Tourist Season' mode over.
I can't remember the last time I had a decent crack at it. The curse of the the 2 ball mode. See also ....every other 2 ball mode in pinball

Oh I feel ya!! Big time
LOL

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I've rated it pretty well.......but I can not lie about how poor the lighting is without modification

The middle of the PF is so dark!

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Yes agree. So much for the price. My one wish is if they had a true orbit shot. Hitting left orbit for it to come to a screeching hault above the right kicker kinda sucks. Been thinking about making a more contoured diverter to see if it would keep some more momentum.
That being said I have a demo man for orbits and flow.

I've got my Fish Tales for that too, it is kind of disappointing hitting that left orbit and then waiting for ball to fall back into inlane

2 weeks later
#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Hi All -
Just picked up a Baywatch. I noticed that the display looks to have 'burn-in,' and when powered up, it the display works but the brightness of the dots are dimmed in one area (see pictures). I have little experience with these large displays, and was wondering if this is repairable, or if this is just how it is going to be forever. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

PERFECT excuse to get the colorDMD, they look ridiculous in BW. I sadly do not have the funds for one.

#2620 5 years ago

ALSO, for any BW newbies, acquire and toss in the new "Chad code" WORTH it for the gameplay!! Changed my whole BW world

#2629 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

New member to the club here! Anybody know where I can find a set of service rails? One is missing and the other is bent out of shape .
I noticed the stern Sam era rails look like they might fit, but didn’t know for sure.
Also, does Cliffy not sell protectors for BW any more? Didn't see them on his site.

Email cliffy directly

#2631 5 years ago

Had a great game last night. I didn’t get as many modes done as I wanted BUT I hit my first huge shark hole jackpot last night during a game, it was soooo gratifying, one shark hole drop got me 225,000,000. Got my score a big bump. Ended up somewhere around 1.777 bill

1 week later
#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Seriously, i love this game!
Annyone complaining about theme is crazy this is a top 20 pin!

Gets the most plays in our house from me, and probably in top two overall plays in my basement

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I have a couple spare "unobtainable" boat plastics available. $20 plus $3.50 postage. PM me if you need one.
[quoted image]

Woohoo, ordered mine. It was broke on my BW when I bought it. This is great

#2649 5 years ago

I’ve had a topper I bought it seems like ages ago and never installled it, thought I’d do it this evening.

I think I’m going to rivet it to an “L” bracket on each side. How far back from front edge of head should I install it? Like an 1.5” or 2” ?

*Edit- I put the head down to screw the topper on. I dont know the exact way the factory or original one had for brackets, but there was 2 holes pre drilled on top for it, kind of cool. I put it on about an inch back, but I think I want to move it back another 1.5" for sure yet. Looks great though!!

#2651 5 years ago

HA. Wow, look at those trees. Neat

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Got my shark, buoy floaty and some trees in
Anyone got some special cool mods?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey is your playfield missing some colour in front of the shark targets? Looks washed out.

#2655 5 years ago

Don't blink folks, BW just cracked the Pinside Top100 this week. Watch out, people finally recognizing game!

1 month later
#2703 5 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My shooter lane switch has died for the third or fourth time this year. Why in the hell does this keep happening? Anyone got any ideas!?

Mine failed also. BUT, in test mode it works perfect.
When the ball get ejected into the shooter lane, I get the clunk, then wait for the Shooter button to light up then I can plunge. I don’t know what the hell.......

1 week later
#2712 5 years ago

HEY, hey, hey, lookie what I got in the mail today!!

Been wanting one for a couple years. Was broken when I bought the pin.
Thx Babak

B0D45F9D-BC05-409D-BDA8-CAD95A42E87F (resized).jpegB0D45F9D-BC05-409D-BDA8-CAD95A42E87F (resized).jpeg
#2714 5 years ago

Spent an hour and a half on my BW this evening. Couple things. FINALLY got my trough switch properly working. I really had to bend the shit out of the wire to get it high enough for the ball to push down that little bit for it to register, totally pleased. Also, my shark hole switch wasn't registering much, tweaked it a bit and it's working also. WHILE I had my PF up, i figured most of the filth that's moving around in pin and making the trails id probably from the subway, so I took it off for the first time and cleaned it up nice, shiny and clean. ALSO got my boat plastic ball trough cover on. She's ready for the holidays!!

Pics- maybe you can see how much higher the arch is in the after pic.

2CB46804-C345-4683-8757-3DBD00D21214 (resized).jpeg2CB46804-C345-4683-8757-3DBD00D21214 (resized).jpeg5D3ADA4B-AD5B-4B36-8541-118687C8879B (resized).jpeg5D3ADA4B-AD5B-4B36-8541-118687C8879B (resized).jpeg
#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is the correct switch for the trough launcher, which is why you had to manually get your switch into the proper position.
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsega-rollover-switch-right.html

That makes sense. BUT everything is exactly the same except for the wire shape. Unless someone went ape shit on it years ago and made it less nice and roundy

2 weeks later
#2736 5 years ago

What you figure it’ll run with shipping to Canada.
That can be a deal maker or deal breaker for stuff!
Thx!!

#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Don't let it break the deal. It's super sweet to have! Tempted to buy one for back up. Anyone on the fence score one if there made!

I know, but our dollar is complete ass right now, add 30-35% to any US price + shipping. It sucks

2 weeks later
#2774 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I use the red Comet pop bumper led lights so it's not a naked bulb. I guess it kinda makes it go away as it doesn't bother me as much now.
https://www.cometpinball.com/Pinball-Pop-Bumper-LED-Light-p/11smdbmpdisc.htm

Yeah, I just used a red Led, looks good

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

just joined the BW club and have a couple questions.
One of my lane guides up top looked to be replaced at one time with a red one. Are the fluorescent orange ones available anymore or does anyone have a spare ones eating around?
And my game doesn't have a knocker or ever looked to have one installed anywhere. Is that a thing? did they not come with knockers? the game is going on location and it would be nice to have one.
Thanks in advance!

Knocker-
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsega-knocker-assembly.html

Search sites for the lane guides, i'm sure theyll pop up

1 week later
#2795 5 years ago

I usually get around 69-70 mill, but I havent learned the pattern and I is dumb

#2803 5 years ago

For number 2.
The RST initials is from the “shark award” high score. It comes up when you hit the shark scoop. Get a better score on shark award and put your initials in.

1 week later
#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from MuddyMaeSuggins:

v_piscopo Thanks! I will look into that. I still do have the question though, just generally speaking, about Search and Rescue over Shark Flip. Will Shark Flip override the search and rescue?

I don’t believe so. Search and rescue would be open and ball would fall right in.

Congrats on the BW. I have 7 pins and it’s my favourite to play!

2 weeks later
#2841 5 years ago

There is brand new ones in marketplace man

1 week later
#2860 5 years ago

If you get
The updated Chad Code it will drastically reduce problems with flashers and GI flashing

#2865 5 years ago

And the updated code will also dramatically increase your FUN !!!!

3 weeks later
#2883 5 years ago
9DBEDED6-E781-4292-9739-DA79B0BF2CFA (resized).jpeg9DBEDED6-E781-4292-9739-DA79B0BF2CFA (resized).jpeg
#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Cool white GI, color match inserts where possible

^^^^

Yup! Samsies.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm not a fan of color matching in GI or inserts My GI connectors are cooked so I can't throw some in to test yet either
Do either of you with the cool/warm white have any pictures?

Thanks! my boat plastic in intact, but I'll probably order the drop plastic. Has anyone gotten these? Are they good quality? I've gotten a few 'replacement' plastics that look like they were printed on paper and then glued together or stuff like that

At least color match the blue inserts!!

1 week later
#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Finally got mine all cleaned up and working. Ended up with a mix of warm and cool white in the GI. Need to get some LEDs for some of the inserts that were too dim still.
My one lingering issue though is that, during Tidal Wave mode, if I shoot the left orbit, the one way gate at the top right of the playfield doesn't open until after the ball has already bounced off of it. Orbit switch seems to register fine... Anyone seen this? The gate works fine when doing the skillshot... Not aware of any other times it's used

Maybe you need chad code rom update? Check that maybe?

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

What does everyone use to clean the wire ramps mine are so dirty!

I would take them all out, use simple green and a microfibre. Don't use anything too abrasive as the plating might come off.

Quoted from Rocketrob:

Will be in the process of ordering LEDs tomorrow any suggestions

I went with cool white throughout my G.I. And I color matched the inserts, all with Comet LED's. kept it simple

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

This game came to me already powder coated and LED’d. I dig the sparkly blue![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, haven’t seen many BW with armour powder coated. Love that color.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

im almost ready to order LEDs from comet and just placed a order for some other items flipper rebuild kit and new flipper bands. I think next year i might send this machine out for a full tear down and cleaning.

You can do it, I believe in you.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I installed PTHermes' shaker motor kit last week and it is a very nice addition. The instructions were very good. I lost the lamp matrix during the installation, however it had nothing to do with the installation. A fuse by the cabinet Bridge Rectifiers & capacitors went out.

That's great, I have heard BW is fantastic with a shaker

1 month later
#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Aaaagh ....I don't want to hear that as I'm thinking of selling mine due to space issue, but know I'll regret it

Don't do it

1 week later
#2978 4 years ago

I LOVE that color DMD though!

#2981 4 years ago

Too expensive for me.

2 weeks later
#2997 4 years ago

All my GI is cool white frosted. 2smd.
The ramp shot with the upper left flipper is difficult, its basically only timing. I get it prob 30-40% of the time I attempt.

I love my BW, I would have to say it would close to the last pin to leave my home.

#3008 4 years ago

Put these in last night. Crazy difference between game on and off with the art styled speaker grill that completely disappears when turned on.

6CAE7C2D-D2C7-4409-A41B-13AD2CD67A42 (resized).jpeg6CAE7C2D-D2C7-4409-A41B-13AD2CD67A42 (resized).jpeg6FB63EC2-E000-4731-B0DD-92F24CB850DB (resized).jpeg6FB63EC2-E000-4731-B0DD-92F24CB850DB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3012 4 years ago

Chad Code. It’s 4.01 I think

1 month later
#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

What is the best place to get some baywatch plastics? Pinball Center has a set in europe, but I hear they are not good? Anyone has tried them?

Bay Area Amusements has randoms in stock last time I looked

#3044 4 years ago

I love looking deep into the Hoffs eyes!!!

2 weeks later
#3051 4 years ago

PBL or Marco?

1 month later
1 month later
#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all. Just joined the club, picked up a nice example with color dmd included!
My question to the group is what the differences are with Chad’s Code and where do I get the ROMs?

Honestly, the differences are game changing, (for the good) and if your not using Chads code you're in the dark ages!!

3 weeks later
#3176 4 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Guys need some help. Had my playfield come down on me today while fixing a switch. Took out the subway ramp, anyone have one for sale? Mine is in a million pieces

Ouch!

I believe this is a glue/puzzle problem from what I’ve heard before. Don’t know if there’s any

1 week later
#3199 4 years ago

I truly don’t think I could have my BW walk out of my collection.

1 week later
#3208 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

My wife was watching a house show and it showed the Hoff being interviewed in front of his Baywatch.
At 2 minute mark.
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/01/13/tay-hasselhoff-lists-her-dads-3point6m-home.html[quoted image]

Ha MINE just did the same thing, took a pic of the tv show she was watching

2 weeks later
#3211 4 years ago

Use the ball during the switch test instead of your finger, see if that makes a difference.

Maybe it’s just an adjustment.

ALSO, do you have Chad code in it??? Make sure, it’s the friggin best

#3214 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Also, when I got the machine, the post that mounts in the gap between the left inland and out lane was at the bottom of the cabinet. It looks to me like I need to pull the long red trough off of the machine to get to that spot. Is that correct?
For cleaning that trough, is removal the only method?

Yeah, I did mine, was filthy.

Just needed a drill with a long bit adapter. Didn’t take me too long to do it.

#3220 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Anyone have a topper they would part with, or even one they would be willing to scan (or an existing scan)?

I bought one cheap from ministry of pinball OR planetary pinball Maybe?0

#3222 4 years ago

Everyone is running Chad code!!

Matte basement in pinshops will burn it, worked well for me

#3226 4 years ago

Scoop one looks nice, would be good protection

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I have a set of Titans and Cliffy's to go on mine. I haven't done a tear down on one of these yet.

A BW teardown is in the higher bracket of difficulty. But that just got dwarfed last night when I tore down my PF for my Transformers, made BW feel like an early 80’s stern teardown. That TF is hell.

#3235 4 years ago

One of the best “bang for your buck” games ever made. Great shooter!! Even if you’re not a great shooter! Like me, ha

#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Just joined the club again on saturday! This was a repeat game for me and one I regretted after selling right away. This one is much nicer then my old so it worked out good in the end. It will be nailed down to the floor in my game room for sure. Was all led'd out, color dmd added, shopped ect. The game is really in very good condition with barley any scratches or marks. Such a fun game. Brought back so many great memories to play it again. The color DMD really brings that huge display to life! What mode or switch do I have to hit to get mitch to say best office in the world? It was something I remember from my old game doing it but can't remember what makes it say that?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ya got a saggy flipper

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from VladM:

Hello Baywatch crew!
I got a BW not long ago and I am in the process of shopping it and making it as perfect as possible. I was finally able to match the blue cabinet paint. What a pain that was! I even purchased "OEM" blue BW paint from Pinball Life. Not even close! Finally I took a chip from the cabinet to Sherwin Williams and matched it perfectly. If anyone wants the formula I would be happy to share.
Anyway, I have an issue that is driving me crazy. The lower right flipper is not very strong when in "holding" position. It will pulsate when pressed down by hand, or if a strong ball hits it. Replaced the coil, sleeve, EOS switch. Adjusted correctly. The left one is just the opposite. It will hold and would not budge at all. What do you think I am dealing with?
Thanks a bunch!!
Vlad

Just an FYI, as for the paint, I think it changes too much over the years and you have to match it yourself lien you did, original paint won’t match after 25+ years

1 month later
#3345 4 years ago

Love all the blue powder coat.

2 weeks later
#3369 4 years ago

Hey all, my plunge has the ball falling into the lanes.

Question.

What exactly is the ball supposed to do during plunging ?

#3371 4 years ago

Ok, I always choose lanes anyway as it’s easiest for points and bonus after three of a kind.

I’ll choose others and see the difference I spose!

#3382 4 years ago

Maybe it’s not striking it perfectly square in the ball?
I have a feeling mines not hitting it perfect and just missing a bit of the power it should have

#3387 4 years ago

I think a ball will still launch with both flipper held? Am I crazy or is that another one if my pins?
Maybe it thinks your flipping both?

4 weeks later
#3427 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I agree, it's a great shooting game. The shark hole from the shark flipper is brutal. I maybe hit it 5% of the time.
I'm still having some trouble with the shark hole switch. I replaced it with the big Y shaped one, but it still fails to sense a ball occasionally. That's about the only thing that keeps me from rating this game higher. I wouldn't mind too much normally, but it always seems to happen when you are in a mode with a countdown, forcing you to waste time while the game flips to a ball search.

I bet i have my timing finally down for the shark flipper / scoop to like 20+% easily. I have also owned mine for a few years. Can be rewarding to keep hitting it

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
I’m close to join the club.
Just wanted to know how I can get the Chad’s rom?
What are the known issues on this game?
What are the must have adds on for this game?
Thanks

For the ROM, look at the ads at bottom of this thread.
No known problems that are bigger than funky switch or anything. Buy a color dmd.

3 weeks later
#3438 3 years ago

Holy shit that’s an in depth summary! Thx.

#3458 3 years ago

Holy fuck, maybe they'll take an offer?

And it't the ultra rare - Data East one...

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

How is the data east copy different from the sega?

Sorry, laying thick sarcasm doesnt relate well in text. It's a Sega. There will not be a Data East Baywatch playfield. hence the ultra rare

#3469 3 years ago

Looking for the plastic above the drop targets.
Sorry for my bad English

Someone had re-made these. Hmmm. Check around a bit

Edit- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-drop-target-plastic-and-or-shooter-boat-plastic

#3471 3 years ago

Thanks. I shoot him a mp.
Do you know if the original manual is this cheap copy sheets? Nothing that looks like a B/W Manual?

I downloaded and printed from ipdb for mine and tossed in a binder

3 months later
#3538 3 years ago

Also to follow up even more, don’t use your finger to see if the switch is good, use a ball after. You could find it just isn’t travellling enough with the ball

#3546 3 years ago

Chad allows it, I don't have a rom burner, so I got Matts basement to do mine. You can toss Chad a few bucks for his troubles.
Read up Chads site about it.

"You like what I am doing?

Please note, if you pay someone to burn a ROM for you then I see none of that money. Feel free to toss a donation my way. It is much appreciated and keeps me motivated.

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online! "

#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Baywatch Blue sold here:
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm
I haven't used it myself, so cannot tell you how well it matches.

Yeah, tough to trust a paint match after 25 years with possible fading occurring.

Best (if touch ups) is to just mix and match?

#3568 3 years ago

I bought the "bent plastic" from PBL i believe? works good.

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I have a weird problem. The balls in the trough get wedged forward sometimes, and don't quite hit all the switches. When this happens, and you drain a ball, you have to wait for a ball search, which will cause the balls to reseat. I attached some pics to show what I mean.
Any ideas on fixing this?

Take it apart, clean it, wax it, maybe the balls will slide in and stay seated properly

2 months later
#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with the left inlane wireform return, quite often the ball bounces around and skips into the outlane. I think Im going to make a lexan inlane ball guide extender and see if that stops the ball but Im wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if there is another solution to it.
Here is a slow motion video of the issue:
Ball returns at :17, :58, and :143 seconds

Can you tighten that outlane guide? looks loose.

#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That outlane guide is actually just a piece of construction paper that I was cutting out as a template for the lexan.

Can you loosen the screw for the ramp drop, and adjust (the ramp side to side a bit) so it falls straight down better?

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Could anyone send me a pic of the wireform exit area?

LOL

way ahead of ya, check your messages

1 week later
#3661 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Hello fellow owners. I recently moved my machine and all the PF insert lights and front facing buttons are out (coin slot and Light shark flip and lite orbit still come on). I replaced both the F1 and F3 fuses on the PF power supply board.
The game plays and runs as it’s supposed to otherwise...dmd, flashers, music, etc. I do own an Energy Meastro mod that’s hooked up to it. Any thing else I should be looking for?!

Could one of the connectors be slightly unseated? Make sure all connectors are snug on the boards.
Were the fuses blown?

#3663 3 years ago

I mis read.

I have two posts. One above near the floatation thingy

AF222BCC-D7C8-4CE4-8352-7C1BF6253ABA (resized).jpegAF222BCC-D7C8-4CE4-8352-7C1BF6253ABA (resized).jpeg
#3673 3 years ago

Hey all, my shark scoop isn’t registering very well, just checking on if this is wired correctly on the switch, I’ve been testing and it registeres maybe 60% of the touches. I have a spare, but maybe I’m dealing with a flaky switch or a bad diode, backwards diode?

My (green wire is on NO) and my (White on NC) with a diode across Common / NC.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone have any advice on getting the skill shot working consistently? I've tried adjusting the wireform exit and I've also removed windings from the coil to make it stronger. It was working good after strenghtening the coil but now it's failing again.
Is there maybe a list of things to check/adjust? I think the skill shot is the last thing I need to do before I've got the machine dialed in.

I've struggled for a couple years with my plunge. Used to be great, now it makes it....usually, but it's tough sometimes. I have waxed the wireform, lined everything up, tightened this, that, dang, its annoying.

Edit- I have a handful of different coils laying around, I could try a stronger one also

3 weeks later
#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys im looking for a baywatch translite
Thanks

Ive seen them in a couple different pinball websites and even Ebay, they aren't expensive if you search around

#3731 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Thanks for your support, as you have been having fits with your machine. One of the male to male molex connector arms broke and thought it would still hold together fine. Now I believe I should replace all male to male connectors for the switches I had to disconnect to take the ramps off. I'll scan the switch matrix at work tomorrow to show what is out. Where do you buy your connectors and the switch tester you mentioned? Funny, I was hoping it would just be fuse

Connectors = Great Plains Electronics - GPE

#3735 3 years ago

No, haven’t had it happen. but do you have chad code or original?

If you need a rom I would suggest Matt’s basement, did right by me nicely.

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from thrillhousejames:

Happens on Chad code and stock 3.0 code.

So the sound rom is separate if I remember right? Might need that?

#3740 3 years ago

Hey folks. My upper left flipper is weak, can’t make a ramp shot with it at all.

Any ideas what could be a culprit of that weakness? A couple years ago I replaced the coil, sleeve, and it looks right, but man, this thing isn’t functionable

TIA

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Check the fuses in the flipper board

Really? Hey
Like a loose fuse holder or a bad connection there?

#3744 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Look for an actual blown fuse. The boards are under the playfield in the cabinet. The flippers will work with one fuse blown but you won't get full power.

Ok, I’ll check that out. My other two flipppers work just fine though.

#3748 3 years ago

Wrong thread

1 week later
#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I used Comets non-ghosting everywhere and don't have any flickering problems. The main flickering will happen with the life guard tower. I had some spare regular leds in that and it was nuts, but then got a new order of Comets after not ordering the right amount and it took care of that.
The flashers are still crazy, so maybe I'll get an OCD sometime. My step-dad who is older, had some issues with the flashing effect, and I have the Chad code that is supposed to help with that.

I was on the list for the board to fix that until I put in the Chad code, it went from unbearable to totally decent after, took myself off the list.

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I recently installed the Chad Roms and it seems the ball saves are too generous.
When it saves if the eject out of the shark hole is straight to drain is good, but many times mine is giving ball saves for just standard drains? Anyone else experience this?

Maybe a couple rando saves over the last couple years, but hardly ever anything out of the ordinary

#3785 3 years ago

holy fuck, take this kindergarten shit to the pm's

#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I use one of these - it's simple, effective and way cheaper than anti-glare glass.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

I use this on mine also, kind of a must

2 weeks later
#3843 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
My old Baywatch has found its way back to my home.
Having one issue: sluggish shark flipper.
What I have done:
Brand new coil and sleeve, reflowed everything on the flipper boards, and the PPB board. Checked and cleaned flipper contact button.
Am I missing something obvious here?

Mines the same but upper left flipper - if you find out what it is, let me know!!

#3845 3 years ago

I do some testing. I may have spare or two on hand! Wow, sometimes I’m smart to pre buy parts

#3849 3 years ago

You may have a bad relay. On the gi staying on. I had to change mine on my power board a ways back

I may be way off also

#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Shark frenzy! Making a bunch sharks mods with blue led eyes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome man

#3854 3 years ago

I have a shark (non lit right over my shark target and it looks great and fits the motif perfectly

1 month later
#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

To be honest, it was getting pretty boring at that point - it was one of those weird games where the ball REFUSED to drain. When I noticed that the score wasn't moving, I just let go of the flipper buttons and ended it.

Probably not going to be a problem for me, lol. Best is about 2.4 billion.

2 weeks later
#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Thank you very much. So this unofficial code definitely seems like the way to go then. I wonder how many of these machines are running the unofficial code?

Lots

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:This was the #1 reason for me, but I'm not that sure it made a big difference. BW likes to flash, baby.
My kids and I are fine with it, but my 60 something old step-dad had a hard time, even with Chad code. I would love to find that board that is no longer made that really takes care of the flickering and the noise.
Edit: spelling

I had one of those cards booked to buy, but the chad code did enough for me to take my name of the list.

1 month later
#3934 2 years ago

I've been battling with shooter launch power for a loong time. I also feel it may be a corroded switch in the launch button that I need to maybe take apart and inspect.

1 month later
#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Do data east/sega games not have a knocker sound when you get a match at the end of game? I noticed my Baywatch yesterday got a match twice in a row and neither of the times did the knocker sound. My lethal weapon 2 pinball also doesn't make a knocker sound when a match is achieved. Wonder why they didn't do this or maybe they did and mine is turned off some how.

Yes, My baywatch was missing its when I bought it, So i had to buy one and install, it was bolted in lower cabinet below the PF

#3980 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

It is good to know that you guys are here to help when I eventually run into issues with my Baywatch.
I decided to make a quick shot comparison between TMNT and Baywatch to see how similar the shots were. I know a lot of playfields are very similar, these two just feel...Well, every time I play a Turtles I feel like I am playing a Baywatch with a spinning pizza disc, LCD screen, and more brutal outlanes. The yellow items in the comparison are the shots/shot angles that that are almost a direct copy past from one playfield to the other. I do think Baywatch is a better shooter and the Laser kick and shark flipper solve a lot of the brutal outlane issues TMNT creates. I am guessing that most of you that have played Turtles probably noticed the similarities, it is just fun to see them side by side.
[quoted image]

DUDE, Thx, I own both and hadn't even noticed the similarities, unreal how daft I am.

I did have a Whirlwind the same time I had my Monopoly and they are exact same also.

4 weeks later
#4012 2 years ago

cheap electric staple gun is handy to have around the house for a variety of reasons....

3 weeks later
#4033 2 years ago

Hey all, I had a few kids over playing some pinball a couple wks ago, I went down after and saw that my BW wouldn't plunge ball. I finally took a look at it tonight and I have ZERO coils working. The pin fires up fine and if I go through coil test i gots nuthin. I have checked every fuse (totally assuming something blew) nothing smoked anywhere I can see. Would there be like a 50v power supply someplace that went? the only coil that "barely" fired was the auto flip on the shark flipper...

#4034 2 years ago

I think it got it figured. I think the coin door interconnect switch wasn’t enabling power. Usually it says on screen high power disabled, but it wasn’t.

Seems good to go.

Edit: BONUS side effect. My plunger is the most powerful it’s been in like a year. It moving ball out of lane great

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Interesting, so the interconnect switch just wasn't being fully engaged by the closed coin door?

Only a theory as I was messing around, there was a ball left in shooter lane when the kids left. So the coil fired to get ball up there then nothing. I thought for sure, launch button broke or wire broke off plunger coil. Then during testing last night I had the door open to use the service buttons, didn't even think at the time to close door while doing coil tests. nothing fired, i tested the fuses and checked everything, wiggled some shit. put it all back together to say fuck it 'till another day, I closed it up and did a coil test and they all fired. wtf... but then I realized the High power cut off didn't display on screen when I had originally opened door. I poked the two buttons that door pushes in a few times. So.,.. maybe all fine.

1 month later
#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Happy to have just joined the club!
There are a few broken and a few missing plastics on mine. Does anybody have a spare ball launch cover plastic? Or better yet, is anybody hoarding one of the repro sets that were pressed a while back?

The boat plastic has been made. I can maybe look way back in my PM's to find the maker. It was like a one-off thing

EDIT - found it - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/00421-baywatch-3-bank-drop-plastic-830-5475-10
Edit again - whoops that's the usually broken 3 drop target sailboat plastic

I believe he was also making the Boat launch plastic though.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Yeah I got in touch with Pinball Haus over eBay. Turns out shipping plastics to the states these days is prohibitively expensive for just one plastic. Been trying to figure out if it's worth getting a whole repro set from PinballCenter in Germany but their shipping scenarios seem funky.

If they don't ship to US, ship them to me, i'll forward them for you.

1 month later
4 weeks later
#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

After a year and a half after stupidly selling my mint Baywatch, I was thankfully contacted by the buyer and was able to get it back.
I got rid of it last time as I noticed a lot of similarities with it to Stern TMNT (and there are quite a few shared shots between it and TMNT), which I had just gotten and was in the honeymoon stage with. TMNT lasted a little over a year, Baywatch is back and bolted to the floor!

I’ve Had my BW for like 5+ years. I got turtles pro in March and sold it November. Still have Baywatch

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You need that beach scene to warm you up during those cold winters.

Absolutely. We’ve been in a deep freeze for a month

2 weeks later
#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hey gang. My Baywatch is playing almost 100% but the last issue I'm having is I think my ball trough VUK is out of alignment and I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a nice powerful kickout. Any tips on dialing in the alignment on the trough VUK?

Set up a camera on slo-mo and video where it's hitting? and adjust accordingly

1 month later
#4213 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I second this.

I approve of the seconding.

#4219 2 years ago

Shitty for Matt, hope he's doing ok. He's been good to deal with in the past.

Others will burn the software if you ask around. Astill maybe? he has a website also.

Yes, the new code is custom of the original and 100% worth getting in the game. It may already have it....??!???

2 weeks later
#4299 2 years ago

If I take a screw or bolt out, I take a pic of holding it above where I took it out. You have to go way over the top with Baywatch pics

1 week later
#4360 1 year ago

That color dots for Baywatch has to be some of the best in the business

#4364 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Hmm...I never knew that spelling GUARD invoked the bouncy boob match scene. I always thought it was just a random thing - I'll have to pay more attention. I have noticed that this scene does have minor coloring errors in it sometimes - you will see a few white dots here and there in the "boob region" that should be red or skintone - wish they would fix that.

And get a "Special" , get the girls gitchies removal also

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

I am going to replace the rubbers on my BW. My game was on route in Germany, so no manual. Is there a diagram showing locations and sizes anywhere on this site or online? Thanks, and yes, I am dreading shopping out this game, but when one of my flipper rubbers fell apart, it was a sign from Pamela that I needed to pay more attention to her.

Titan has ring kits built by customers..

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/480

TAKE A LOT OF PICS. I take a pic of my self holding the screw/bolt over the position I took it out of even.

#4388 1 year ago

Just got my art blades in. Very pleased with the outcome. That PF is a two person job fo sho. Had my son give me a hand.

I’ve never had this pin on an end I could see the cab art. Damn the sides looks good in the light

49F41962-EAB0-4A3A-B2A2-4DE73ABA5630 (resized).jpeg49F41962-EAB0-4A3A-B2A2-4DE73ABA5630 (resized).jpeg4FD390E5-8BA2-4509-95DD-184DB7AF5514 (resized).jpeg4FD390E5-8BA2-4509-95DD-184DB7AF5514 (resized).jpeg5730D2FC-B9FC-426D-8FFF-B72F1E5913C4 (resized).jpeg5730D2FC-B9FC-426D-8FFF-B72F1E5913C4 (resized).jpeg6654B5A9-ACBF-4C1D-AB7E-F1E58E00AEF4 (resized).jpeg6654B5A9-ACBF-4C1D-AB7E-F1E58E00AEF4 (resized).jpeg6F0FB3B6-543A-47E8-89C7-548590A63D2B (resized).jpeg6F0FB3B6-543A-47E8-89C7-548590A63D2B (resized).jpegC9FA3C19-5586-4C5E-900D-C463DEEA12CE (resized).jpegC9FA3C19-5586-4C5E-900D-C463DEEA12CE (resized).jpeg

#4390 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Do you have to take the playfield out? I’ve installed blades in TAF and AIQ and didn’t have to remove playfield

I never would have got it done well if not I believe. It was very tight to slide down. And I didn’t want to fuck around too much with it. With help, the PF removal was easy, so i’m happy I took it out.

#4393 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Holy crap. That will make me never install side blades. Too much work! Looks great though.

25 mins tops. Piece of cake. You got
It man.

Also, others don’t take out the PF. I just find it real easy to.
I tAke it out of new sterns also. I swap the speaker, add Art blades.

1 week later
#4405 1 year ago

Hope this helps

2D9BFD42-A8F1-4524-B3D6-8E8285640013 (resized).jpeg2D9BFD42-A8F1-4524-B3D6-8E8285640013 (resized).jpeg6A411158-CE6F-454D-85CD-2A561814A76B (resized).jpeg6A411158-CE6F-454D-85CD-2A561814A76B (resized).jpeg
#4410 1 year ago
Quoted from HOLT45:

Anyone got any spare parts? I'm aiming to restore a dead baywatch - most of the head is missing, including:
-speaker panel
-backglass
-power board
-mpu board
-both flipper boards
I'd appreciate any help I can get there! Thanks!

*Backglass should be standard. And there's definitely aftermarket BW translights out there

Here's a link to an MPU

https://www.pinballlife.com/rottendog-data-east-mpu-board.html

Also sniff around there for your other boards

There was a guy in europe parting out a BW a ways back, maybe he had a speaker panel

#4416 1 year ago
Quoted from jk:

This guy used to have a speaker panel. You could always check with him:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

Yup, this was the guy!

I may have bought part from him before. Should be good

1 week later
#4433 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

That is a great idea. I'll see what is possible when the protectors arrive.

Thanks! I checked Pinball Haus but they don't have this one. I have an Ebay search set, hopefully one will pop up.
On another note, I installed Pinstadiums in Baywatch last night. Ooh baby! The playfield is like being in the sunshine on the beach now!

The only outfit that used to have Baywatch parts was Bay Area amusements

#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from Asiapinball:

Gogojohnnyquack, I have the plastic you need at £10 plus £5 royal mail large letter postage. Original Used. In pic just below the Original NOS Slingshot pairs and Keyfob (£25 set of 3). Coming from the UK. Payment by paypal friends and family. I have loads of other used Baywatch parts as I parted out 5 of them many years ago.
R67en I have flipper boards tested working at £45 each. I can put all the parts of the speaker panel together except the mdf board (you could make that - I did for my Baywatch) i.e. Marquee, speakers, grilles (but faded), top black plastic, required hardware for £40. I have a power board but know I first need to swap out the big TR5 transistor and once tested working this would be £80 (but you may be best just getting a new replacement board instead as they are not much more than that your side of the pond). Have backglass plastic surrounds at £10 set of 4. Postage is around £10 per kilo so long as size is not too big. I either use Post Office for small items up to 2kg or DPD door to door only and you can see charges and insurance costs (if you want it) here. Remember the packaging can add 30%-40% to the weight.
https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/
I'm a collector of over 20 years, not a shop, but do know how to pack well for international shipping. Ive told me that you were looking for parts that I may have hence my first post on Pinside. Only ever lurked on here before, but used to post to the old rec.games.pinball years ago and also more recently pinballinfo both under same name, so you can also find me on there if you want to know more about me.
And I have 2 Baywatch; one was bought as a project missing loads of parts (which conveniently I had) and I have just finished refurbishing so one will be finding a new home soon. [quoted image]

WOW, guy was looking for parts last week, this could be a mother load

1 week later
#4479 1 year ago

Did mine with those last month. was easy. although I did remove the playfield and lean it up beside pin to create more space and less fuck-up ness for me. Went on great.
Sprayed them with a fine water mist, placed, adjusted a bit and squeegeed them on.

21561C4C-CAC3-4FA3-A44A-3AC0588258E0 (resized).jpeg21561C4C-CAC3-4FA3-A44A-3AC0588258E0 (resized).jpeg53998B1E-99AC-4A1B-9A44-D5749B18D6DF (resized).jpeg53998B1E-99AC-4A1B-9A44-D5749B18D6DF (resized).jpegF6772AFA-3043-4B71-899D-3A6E28F0C72D (resized).jpegF6772AFA-3043-4B71-899D-3A6E28F0C72D (resized).jpegFBAB630A-6451-42C9-8CF0-2A31E49C37D9 (resized).jpegFBAB630A-6451-42C9-8CF0-2A31E49C37D9 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4503 1 year ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

WTB (or trade for) a HUO Baywatch if anyone has one. TY.

I'm guessing no such thing as a HUO Baywatch, they came out in like 1995

1 month later
#4546 1 year ago

If you push 6 players, it creates three teams of two

#4550 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Last night I completely stripped / sanded my entire baywatch cabinet to start prepping for new decals! More pics to come.
Also, if you're on Facebook check out this baywatch pinball group https://www.facebook.com/groups/3232822083656641/
[quoted image]

You doing original artwork or is there an alternate one made? I saw retro had them a looong time ago i think

#4551 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

The card says 4 player doubles though?[quoted image]

Try hitting for four players, it may team them up..

1 week later
#4559 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Finished the cabinet restoration on my Baywatch! Installed Retro Refurb decals after fully stripping, priming, painting, etc. Resto thread here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/immaculate-baywatch-restoration
Does anyone know where I can get a stencil for the back?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations, looks great!

2 months later
#4653 1 year ago

Look what came from China today.

38528E67-5459-4C2B-83CB-D916DC5A6CF8 (resized).jpeg38528E67-5459-4C2B-83CB-D916DC5A6CF8 (resized).jpeg
#4655 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That looks kind of glossy. I thought all of those came with a mat finish.

Good pun?

It's fuzzy.

1 week later
#4657 1 year ago

The Amazon!

A6D53AF0-92EA-4091-99C9-7BFAF3586AFD (resized).pngA6D53AF0-92EA-4091-99C9-7BFAF3586AFD (resized).png
1 week later
#4669 1 year ago

I found that i DID NOT need the EnerGI Maestro that I had spoken for after I put Chad's code in. It changed it enough that it didn't bother me at all anymore. And believe me, it bothered me tons

Take the most pics of any pin you've stripped, baywatch is a bitch.

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Did a mixture of light blue and dark blue, yellow post sleeves
[quoted image]

If you have easy access to buy Pinmonks stand up target anti sway unit, i'd buy a few for the standups, they move quite a bit on BW

#4680 1 year ago

northerndude not familiar with that, you have a link? Is that the same as the ones on PInballife
I have some 3d Printed anti-sway brackets I have been using on my Tron with great success: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038... probably toss a bunch on here.
Thanks

Yeah, probably same thing as pinball life

https://pinmonk.com/products/stern-anti-lean-target-bracket?_pos=1&_psq=anti&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

1 week later
#4700 1 year ago

Playfield is done! Everything cleaned, new springs, coil sleeves, rubbers, lights, posts and ramps were powder coated.

How's your boat plastic by the shooter? Almost always broken.
There's been replacement made.

#4702 1 year ago

Boat plastic is good!. Amazingly this game only had one cracked plastic, the one atop the drop targets, and one is on order

Also usually broken. I should got like two spares

#4709 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Awesome, it'll be fun! Looks like you'll be needing some fiberglass for those repairs. Check out my baywatch restoration thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/immaculate-baywatch-restoration

I used fiberglass resin for my cabinet repairs also, worked great

#4742 1 year ago

Those are nice cards, I’ve had these in mine for ages!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4794 1 year ago

The blue looks just decent I’d say but not a real great match ?
The colour looks classy to me though.

#4798 1 year ago

DAMN, you guys are making me want to tear my BW down and fine tune the cabinet and powdercoat shit

#4799 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Here's my BW that I restored and powder coated red. I also used decals from retro refurb
[quoted image]

I used their decals for 3 different machines and have been happy with all 3 so far. I too have read mixed reviews, so I guess I'm lucky.

ALSO Mike, I stumbled on your baywatch resto thread, you spelled immamaculate wrong

#4803 1 year ago

Mines a “dangler”

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4859 1 year ago

Mine sometimes plays a very short blip of music and says “Baywatch will be” and that’s it. Love any help

I get this one.

Quoted from Bakchos:

So I redid both connectors.
Now I get there real effects
I didn't known the gi could flash like that!
Thé hack had the relay bypassed....
Love it now.
Thanks guys!

I had to replace that relay a few years ago, whew, some new soldering skills needed from me for that

#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from Bakchos:

Surprise surprise!
Look at that hack job I found while taking off the apron...
Side note...where can I find the Sega apron sticker?

Looks fine to me

#4867 1 year ago

My Fish Tales had a knocker bracket installed for the auto plunge. Had to buy a new plunge bracket and move/re-install the knocker! Lol

1 week later
#4908 1 year ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

What are the advantages with these flippers? I am on the fence, but before buying I would like to hear some feedback.

There is extensive information in some Spike2 stern game threads AND there is a dedicated thread to it. Do research, you'll find your info for sure

1 month later
#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

My game just broke another shooter lane switch (doesn't "click"/register anymore). I played 5 games with no problem then it stopped working. I had this one bent/adjusted down so the ball would barely register in the shooter lane so it wouldn't get hit from the trough up-kicker on the way out. I've gone through 4 switches now...Is it possible for it to "burn up" or break internally from electrical current or some kind of surge? I tried opening one of the switches after it stopped working but they are sealed pretty well and not easy to open without damaging.

that sounds whack

2 months later
#4992 10 months ago

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/baywatch-sega-pinball-cabinet-decals/

I like retro refurbs products.

I have their side blades.

I’ve seen a few different powder coats. Red, blue. Search through this threads pics at the top.

1 week later
#5011 9 months ago
Quoted from Godziraman:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yeah agreed there is zero fade on this machine as it lived in a clean dry finished basement.
I’m also in agreement on this being an early sample/proto. I will continue to do what research I can on it. Where do I find labels w serial/datestamp typically?
And silly question, I can update the ROM chip to the latest version and I would notice better game play/less bugs?

Newer code - a few outfits do the chips, just check around and toss Chad a few bucks for his great work

https://www.pinballcode.com/

1 month later
#5028 8 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I need a volunteer to measure my new target decal set
Includes
5 lifeguard targets
4 flags (Swim, Diving x2 , No water crafts or surfing)
2 Laser Kick targets
5 Shark targets[quoted image]

toasterman04

1 week later
#5038 7 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

I know there are a lot of translites out there, Many of them very nice. But I love this logo and wonder has anyone made a translite using this piece of art or something quite close to it? I would think a mirrored glass version of this would be a fantastic backglass, I do not know anything about licensing or if that would even be necessary. Your thoughts?
[quoted image]

I bet Retrorefurbs would do it, lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=northerndude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.