IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 8 years ago

Picked up a Baywatch yesterday in really great shape, play field looks almost perfect. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Cabinet also in good shape, a few touch ups on the head. I'll probably rebuild the lower flippers and the kick out and shooter coils seem a little weak so I'll clean them up a bit.

I need to LED it, any suggestions? Color match the inserts? Cool white GI?

Anything basic pointers on how to play? Have no idea what's going on.

Thx

#335 8 years ago

Well, one day in and game is down. Shooter coil bracket broke in half so coil isn't stable. $3 part from Marco, but no playing for a few days

#338 8 years ago

Flipper coils (from manual)

Lower right: 23-900
Lower left: 23-1100
Upper right: 23-1100
Upper left: 24-1570

Upper launch: 24-940

#339 8 years ago

Pics...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

3 weeks later
#345 8 years ago

Does anyone know what the differences are between rom v4.0 vs 3.0? Do I also need to update my display rom if I update the cpu rom?

#346 8 years ago

One more question, how do the skill shots work? When the ball plunges, it always goes to the lanes, how do you hit the other two shots?

#350 8 years ago

Thanks, I'll check the gate. I know my shooter needs an adjustment.

Related question, is there supposed to be a gate At the top near the "S" lane to prevent the ball from rolling back to the upper left flipper? Many times I'll hit the ball to the lanes and it will bounce back down.

#352 8 years ago

My skill shot still wasnt working, the ball just kept hitting the right upper gate and not getting through. I tested the coil in test mode and it works fine. Coil power set to normal. I took a closer look at the gate and armature and low and behold, the armature was sitting BELOW the gate so it couldn't move it. I adjusted the armature so it's now on TOP of the gate and it works perfectly. Nice to now have a working skill shot!image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#357 8 years ago

My upper flipper is strong, can make the ramp as long as I hit it right. Change the coil sleeve and spring maybe?

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice to know yours is strong. Maybe I am being too critical. Mine will make it but it is a very tight shot to time it right.
When you get a chance will you check your EOS on bottom L flipper and see how tight it is gapped?
Sleeve, bushing, everything was rebuilt a short time ago and it has always been like this. I am thinking not a mechanical thing.

I was just messing with this because my lower left flipper felt weak. The gap was larger than it was on the right so I reduced it. I also replaced the coil sleeve, which was dirty, and spring, which was stretched, and its fine now.

Hittng the ball from right side kickout with the upper left flipper is not that easy...timing IS everything.

Only issue I seem to have is figuring why when the shark flipper light is lit, it doesnt automatically flip all the time. Thinking its just a switch adjustment. Is it supposed to flip automatically every time?

#364 8 years ago

I picked up a STTNG and SS along with a BW within the past month after selling a few games. Strangely, i am playing BW the most, followed SS and then STTNG. It really is a great game. If stern released a game with the BW layout and called it Star Wars or something else, im pretty sure it would be a huge hit. The sounds in BW are just awful and the dots are bad...I mean that stupid porpoise sound, ATV...wtf? The dots after draining showing that girl with a strange grunt on her face...as if she's getting it from behind...what's up with that???

#368 8 years ago

I put LEDS in mine, but the problem is the stupid GIs. You have to tear the game down to get to most of them.

1 week later
#373 8 years ago

Bad coil sleeve or something broke in the plunger mechanism.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for the replies Lermods and Pinball_Nate. In removing that coil, can I do it from underneath the playfield or will I need to remove the ramps and such? I ask because I'm planning an intensive tear down sometime in the next few months to replace all lights with led and can wait until if needed. However, if it's something I can get to from below, I will go ahead and take a look. Thanks again for the help!

You can get to all of it from below.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There's a hidden skill shot I found too (I'm sure others have as well). Choose shark or left ramp skill shot and let the ball feed to the right flipper and hit the guard shack for 25 million.

Didn't know this, thanks!

#395 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can get 12v? Have this plug inside coin door. Believe white is ground, is grey/red 12v? Wiring up under cab lighting.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 week later
#400 8 years ago

Installed barakandl's nvram in my game today, plug and play, no more batteries on the board. $10 I think I paid him.

1 month later
#412 8 years ago

$2200. Personally, I think it's worth more.

#417 8 years ago

I have one from Paul, very easy install. The motor works great in the game, it's pretty active. Highly recommend. Paul is also great to deal with, very responsive. I had an issue, but it was my fault as I wasn't seating the wire in the connector properly.

#433 8 years ago

Side mirrors and under cab lighting. Both look great.

#446 8 years ago

Here's mine (w/Shark mod!). Inserts are all color matched with non-ghosters from Comet. I did many, but not all, of the GIs because they are buried under the ramps and I didn't remove any ramps. Backbox is full LED, frosted. I have a blue LED strip in the back right facing down and a yellow light strip on the left under the lip of the tower also facing down. The shark mod on the tower is lit with a spotlight I added, it contains a blue LED. Also have a blue led strip in the ball trough.

DSC_0002.jpgDSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0003.jpgDSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpgDSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0013.jpgDSC_0013.jpg

3 weeks later
#463 8 years ago

I made an undercab light kit for my Baywatch, came out pretty good. If anyone wants me to make one for them or wants me to show them how to make it, please let me know. It's nothing fancy, just hooks into the flasher sockets under the playfield, but it's pretty effective. I tied it into the bumper flasher, the flasher that coincides with the porpoise sound and one other, which I can't remember off hand. Requires an RGB led light strip, wire and some clips. You'll need to be able to solder in tight spaces as the led strip contacts are small and close together. I posted a FS ad in the market and some dude was giving me crap for it, likely because he also sells a kit and doesn't like me undercutting him...whatever...it won't blow your game up if you follow some simple instructions. Hope you like it...

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just looked at mine and didn't see that piece . . .

Not in mine either

#495 8 years ago

Looks nice. I mounted some dolphins on my slings and added a diver.

20160102_141309_(resized).jpg20160102_141309_(resized).jpg

20160102_141324_(resized).jpg20160102_141324_(resized).jpg

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Like this?image_(resized).jpg

That's nice, in more ways than one!

2 months later
#564 8 years ago

No, not tough at all if you have good flippers.

1 week later
#584 8 years ago

Shaker plus OCD board...perfect together.

#586 8 years ago

Led OCD, smooths out the LEDs, makes them behave more like incandescents. In addition, all that relay clicking you hear from the lights in the backbox goes away. Search for maestro and you should find it.

1 week later
#592 8 years ago

The game is very difficult to score big.

1 month later
#601 7 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It's taking the ball too long to get around the shooter wireform. A couple things to check for starters:
Slope of the machine
Clean polished balls
Clean wireform
Make double sure the launcher is hitting the ball perfect
Edit: Here's a video of mine to compare speed (sorry for video quality, I have an old iPhone).
» YouTube video

1 month later
#605 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in some upgraded lighting, let me know. Added a blue trough light and some green back lighting.

Still pretty dark in the middle of the game, maybe need a few spotlights.

20160706_211239_(resized).jpg20160706_211239_(resized).jpg

#607 7 years ago

Yeah, maybe. There's a white light I added in back left, you can see in the pic. Game is very dark overall.

4 months later
#661 7 years ago

Installed my color dmd today, literally took 10 minutes to take out the old and install the new, perfect fit. I had to make my own power plug, which took another 5 minutes. Dmd is powered by the service outlet.

Overall, it's a great option. It doesn't solve the same grainy issues of the original, but it is so much better. The video doesn't really capture it well, in person it's really very nice. Unlocking it with the pin2dmd code took a few mins to figure out. For those Unlocking it, make sure you rename your key file to pin2dmd.key. any questions, let me know.

Thanks Dominik at German gaming supplies for giving us this great option!

#663 7 years ago

It's the first in the world I've ever seen with a color dmd. Game has a shaker and led OCD board. Not sure I can make it any better, but I now too have a spare dmd for Baywatch!

#665 7 years ago

100% plug and play, no modifications to the game needed. Supply was very limited, like 20, but then I heard he had issues with bad power supplies, so it was likely much less than that. I feel very lucky to have this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the link to buy this and is it really plug and play? I tried to get the old style towork and could never figure it out.

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

...and it has the undercab controlled lights amirite?

Yes, that too! Nvram. I can never sell it. It's a BW super LE.

2 weeks later
#687 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

So here's my problem and this might be the answer.
Long story short DMD was fine, fired up the game and screen went black. No slow burn out, etc. Prior to that was just fine...no ghosting. I had just turned on the game and blank.
So I have tested the power supply going to it and it seems to be dead in the water - not getting a reading at all. So I have the option of trying this wire harness update from Sega's service bulletin to see if it will fix it- http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/sb106.pdf
Or I can just bite the bullet and get the display and bypass all the problems right? My service tech "go to guy" just recently passed away so i'm trying to figure this out on the fly.
So am I guessing right that the power supply is the problem and this option would just pull the power from the service outlet and we call it good right?
Thanks!

You can power the color dmd off the driver board too. The harness would work, just need to wire it to the dmd since it doesn't draw power off the controller board and is powered directly via the supplied power supply. Basically, run a line from the power supply of the dmd to cn6 instead of the service outlet.

1 month later
#735 7 years ago

Why might my game sometimes flash the display and game code splash screen that you see on startup during game play? Might that be a bad display or cpu rom?

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Isn't that a power issue to the DMD?....I think that was a common issue that needed to be fixed.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/fpu6IHxAULg

I have a color dmd with its own power supply. I didn't notice this before installing the color dmd.

Could it be something on the controller board?

#738 7 years ago

Turns out my ribbon cable from the controller to the driver board is a bit mangled. I straightened it out and no more robots. Need to buy a new one, they only come in sets of three for $30 plus shipping.

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Is shaker worth adding on BW?

Without a doubt!

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

How often does shaker turn on?
I mean is it used often in game play or for limited shots?
What shots does it turn on?

Read a few posts back, there is a list. There is also a thread on a baywatch shaker, search for it.

1 week later
#757 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Exactly.
They are on backorder at the moment but he's gathering orders for a second run
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement
cheers

How did you power the dmd?

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Exactly as specified in the manual: came with the power supply unit already pre-wired.
Just had to wire tap after the main switch/before the transformer. Wire tap connectors were included, so no additional stuff required at all.
Cheers

Which wires after the main switch? I see several black and white wires? Thx

#762 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Tap in before the connector to the transformer.
Cheers,
Ben

Perfect, thank you! does it matter whether L goes to the black or white wire? Same for N, does it go on black or white, or it doesn't matter?

#766 7 years ago

Thanks. My color dmd didn't come with any wires from the power supply to a power source, that's why I am confused, but it's clear now. Thx

2 weeks later
#784 7 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

My game setting is '2' and it works 8/10 times.
But my upper gate skill shot doesn't work.. the ball doesn't seem to make it up to the rollovers fast enough to even make it to the gate.. It's either one thing or the other

Fairly typical for Sega/DEngames. Make sure the coil bracket hasn't come loose and that the plunger is hitting the ball in the center. If it's off just a little you will get a bad launch. The coil bracket has play to allow it to be adjusted.

#790 7 years ago

My gates work fine, but for the skill shot, the lanes are easy and worth a lot of points if you hit it three times.

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Interesting upper gate issue on the Baywatch I'm finishing up. Gate works in the coil test but not during gameplay. Probably the transistor?

is gate mechanism set up properly? In test mode, does the gate open and close correctly?

4 months later
#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Yessssss!!!! I didn't even think about that but I would like to see this as well....as awesome as the shaker motor is it's very minimal in this game .

I don't believe the shaker is software driven, it fires off the pop bumpers.

1 week later
#1051 6 years ago

Shark hole light, before and after...I tied it to the Jackpot insert.

If any one is interested, I can make one up for $15 shipped within US.

baywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hold-scoop-light-kit (resized).JPGbaywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hold-scoop-light-kit (resized).JPG

baywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hole-scoop-light-kit-before (resized).JPGbaywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hole-scoop-light-kit-before (resized).JPG

#1058 6 years ago

Shark has a mind of its own!

1 week later
#1074 6 years ago

Sad to say, but I left the club yesterday after about 4 years of ownership. Very depressing, but I need space for Sw and DI, both coming this week. I put a lot of work into the game with shaker, color dmd, led OCD and quite a few other things. Only comforting thing is that it went to a very good home.

#1078 6 years ago

Up to buyer to share price, I will say that my game was nearly perfect and had really good mods like color dmd, LED OCD, shaker, uncercab lights and nearly full LEDs. It had a few other nice mods as well. The game played perfect as it should. Zero wear on playfield.

It is sad that it left and the past few weeks have been tough with Potc, met pro and my beloved TZ also leaving. All games went to good homes where people will enjoy the games and appreciate what I've done to them, which makes me feel good.

Star Wars coming tomorrow and I'm picking up DI Friday at the factory so hopefully the sadnes will pass, but I doubt it. I regret and miss almost every game I've sold, but there is only so much space and cash available so decisions have to be made. I also run a mod business and I don't like making mods for games I don't have so I need new games from that perspective too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.