Topic Stats

• 3,491 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Grandnational007
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 818 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200530_111552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200530_111557 (resized).jpg
23F19F44-87D5-4AB1-B338-313E17E1D584 (resized).jpeg
20200530_132109_resized (resized).jpg
Earthquake (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
MV5BMjI3MDQ2ODMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjI0MTY1MTE@._V1_UY317_CR11,0,214,317_AL_ (resized).jpg
Numie (resized).jpeg
Summer (resized).jpeg
Shauani (resized).jpeg
Hobie (resized).jpeg
Matt2 (resized).jpeg
Matt1 (resized).jpeg
CJ2 (resized).jpeg
CJ1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyexx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1645 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Is there anyone burning roms? If so I do t have the means but would like a set. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1083-matt-s-basement-arcade/01404-baywatch-sega-pi

Great seller!

1 week later
#1732 2 years ago

I have an opportunity to purchase a Baywatch......is there anyone can tell me things I need to inspect before buying?

Thanks

#1735 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hmmm...well, if it's dirty and needs a shop job, new rubber and want to replace normal bulbs with LEDs, that's a bit of work doing the tear down. It's fun work, but it does take a bit of time. I guess like any other game, go thru the diagnostics and check for switch and coil errors or issues. Lift the playfield and look for any cracks or breaks in the subway and check the flippers since there are 4 of them and rebuilding all is an expense.
When playing test games, hit both flippers at once a bunch of times during play and see if the game resets or anything like that. The DMD should be bright and crisp, if you see any fade or issues then that's a big expense to replace the DMD.

Thanks.....I will inspect all of that. They are asking 2100.00 . I just wanted to be sure if there was any stuff that has major issues with this pin

#1785 2 years ago

The Baywatch pin for sale was sold before I could go see it. If someone has one for sale in the northeast I'm interested.

Thanks

1 month later
#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Drove over 450 miles with my better half hawkeyexx to buy Baywatch from pinballt.

We made it home safe after a 900 mile trip! We hit snow fall in Connecticut. Now I will need someone to help unload the pin....

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Heck of a drive but time spent with your family and pickup a pin is a win win.
Enjoy your bw,fun game to mod with silly figures,really love the jumping Dolphins,shaker is also out there if you like.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I never have played this pin until we purchased it. The wife and I have enjoyed playing it with ChadH code.

#1916 2 years ago

I'm sure this question has been asked before but my ball is hitting something on the launch ramp behind the guard tower It does not do it all the time.....

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is it on the ball launch at the start of a new ball? Mine was just tapping the wireform above the launch wireform. I had to lower it a hair and ball rolled through smooth after.

Yes it's on the start of a new ball. I can't see what the ball is hitting because it's behind the guard tower

1 week later
#1961 2 years ago

Need some help with with my ball launch coil. I noticed the other day that the bracket that holds the ball launch coil had been modified so I ordered a new from Marco Specialities and today when I removed it I noticed there is a broken wire off this switch. Can someone please confirm the wiring?

20180303_143514 (resized).jpg

#1962 2 years ago

Not sure why this post is not screwed to the playfield? It was hitting the ball launch coil.

Screenshot_20180303-144835 (resized).jpg

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Hard to tell by the pic. but I do not see the 3rd. leg on the switch because it also needs a 1N4001 diode . so that might be the wrong switch .

Thanks. I just looked up that switch and can see the diode is missing and the switch is broken

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Looks like the wrong arm too.

Wrong arm on the switch?

#1972 2 years ago

Anyone have a image file for score cards I could download?

Thanks

#1975 2 years ago

If it doesn't size right, message me and maybe I can just e-mail the file.

Thanks for the photos

#1988 2 years ago

My Baywatch was manufactured in May of 95. I was looking to purchase a flipper rebuild kit. I have noticed there is a updated kit and there is the early Sega kit part number 500-6306-20. What kit has everyone been using? Should I use the newer version kit?

1 week later
#2102 2 years ago

Excited to see a video on the new color DMD

#2142 2 years ago

Went on titan pinball and and purchased a ring kit. I'm going to try some clear,blue and white o-rings. 200.00 order and they are shipped.

Sending the MPU board out for NVRAM and power supply checked over by Ardvark pinball

#2144 2 years ago

I need a header pin replaced on the board. I don't have the tools to do that. Thanks for the link.

1 week later
#2188 2 years ago

Thank you mavantix for sharing the information. I will try plastic washers on my pin

1 week later
#2226 2 years ago

Me too PM sent! Awesome job

#2240 2 years ago

I recieved my two scorecards and the coin door decal today Thank you Robb63 for the awesome work. The best part is the scorecards are peal and stick

20180414_095424 (resized).jpg

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I finally got to check out the ColorDMD in Baywatch at MGC this weekend! The thing looks awesome! Eric did an amazing job as usual on the colorization.

Hopefully it will be available soon This will be my first Color DMD purchase

#2247 2 years ago

Anyone else peruse around that Baywatch for sale thread?? LMFAO

Yeppers......fun way to kill time and see what everyone is posting

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I'm more interested in coming up with ways to fix insert art cracking when they raise slightly. My inserts are not that bad (compared to ad pictures) but eventually I will need to figure out how to fix them for a restoration and I hope it doesn't involve fully reprinting areas. Other than insert cracking my playfield is in top notch shape.

I'm sure you can an answer from someone who restores playfields.
My Baywatch has been shipped to ardvark pinball for Nvram update. I'm having all boards serviced and repaired. My Ciffly protector has shipped this week

#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I understand if boards are being overhauled but nvram is plug n play on these boards FYI.

Yes I agree. I asked Allan (Ardvark pinball) if he would install it since there is a header pin melted and other things that needed attention.

#2255 2 years ago

I'm wondering how many XLColorDMD will be available when the first run is released

#2270 2 years ago

Order is placed. This is my first color DMD I plan on taking Baywatch to the New England Pintastic Show

#2274 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Awesome. Let Randy know you are planning on taking it to he can send you an advertisement to put on your game. Email him at info@colordmd.com

Thanks I will send Randy an email. Excited to see it.

#2295 2 years ago

The bottom switch is installed on mine. I ordered it from marco.

#2302 2 years ago

Just received an email my XLCOLORDMD has shipped

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So plug and play and you are ready to go ???
Or need to download when finalized ?

Great question.......I do not know at this time.

#2325 2 years ago

My package has arrived at the house but I'm at work.

1 week later
#2422 2 years ago

Wished I had time to play pinball I have my color DMD and have not installed it......I'm working 80 hour weeks

1 month later
#2511 2 years ago

Time to clean Baywatch. I was not thrilled how dirty this was when I purchased this but I will enjoy it more when its cleaned and polished.

20180616_150900 (resized).jpg
#2513 2 years ago

I noticed these two post did not have a o-ring installed on them. The book said install a 3/8 o-ring but I don't see how the the o-ring would stay on the post because there no groove cut on the post? Anyone using a sleeve post?

Screenshot_20180617-085219_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I posted the same question on page 17. I do believe the consensus is a 3/8 o-ring does go on it and the fact there is no groove in the post is a non issue. Though I do t recall if I ended up putting on a post sleeve instead, a 3/8 ring, or nothing at all.

I'm thinking I will do a silicone sleeve.

Has anyone powder coated the wire ramps? I was thinking of doing mine in black. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm going to rebuild the pop bumpers and change the skirt to red and the body to yellow.

I'm installing comet LEDs
Cliffy protectors
Flipper rebuild
Cushion target decals
New legs
Titan Rings

1 week later
#2517 2 years ago

Doing a topside teardown is a project. I have replaced every coil sleeve rebuilt all 4 flippers rebuilt pop bumpers new drop targets new cushion target decals installed cliffy protectors titan rings installed comet LEDs. Found 2 broken brackets on coils. Now comes the fun part to reassemble it.

20180625_073405 (resized).jpg20180625_073438 (resized).jpg20180625_073531 (resized).jpg
#2519 2 years ago

Finished the project......This took too long

4 new powdered coated legs and levelers
Comet LEDs
Titan rings
Rebuilt pop bumpers yellow bodies and red skirts
New coil sleeves on every coil
Color XLCOLORDMD
Nvram installed and power supply board rebuilt
Side art declas from Tilt Graphics
Cliffy protectors
5 new balls
New sega flipper bats
New translight
New score cards
Sega decal for coin door
New drop targets
Cushion decals for all targets
Blue flasher mod for shark hole
Flipper rebuild

I'm sure I have forgotten something........I spent way too much on this pin!!!

20180628_181804 (resized).jpg
#2527 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Playfield close-ups please!
(I think your leg protectors are on upside down.)

Yes you are correct they are upside down. Now that the repairs are completed I will be moving it to the game room.

I installed a new flipper rebuild kit and coil brackets. The end of stroke switches were replaced. The original flipper coils are in good shape. The other two flippers were rebuilt too. I will post playfield photos tomorrow.

#2529 2 years ago

Here are the playfield photos The pop bumper body that is located under the iron man ramp is different. I had to trim some plastic off the top of it.

20180629_090433 (resized).jpg20180629_090439 (resized).jpg20180629_090443 (resized).jpg20180629_090451 (resized).jpg20180629_090504 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2533 2 years ago

What was the cost of the glass?

#2535 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

$240. Bought from a fellow Pinsider who had gotten the buy one get one half of deal. Normally 295 plus shipping.

Thanks for posting the cost.

2 months later
#2573 1 year ago

I went with comet LEDs. I went with GI back box bulbs behind the Translight. I used 1smd frosted bulbs that was visible to the eye and 2smd under the playfield & under area that was cover with plastic.

I do agree it's a pain to clean and do LEDs install on this pin.

20180628_181804 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#2630 1 year ago

Email cliffy directly

I have a set of cliffy protectors on mine. Email cliffy and ask for them.

2 weeks later
#2654 1 year ago

Wow....what a score. I could never score that much. Awesome job.

2 weeks later
#2675 1 year ago

I removed my carriage bolt covers and did not plug the holes. I installed the pin blades and you can't tell there is a hole in the cabinet.

#2680 1 year ago

I can understand if someone needs to access the carriage bolts on a regular basis but I don't see a reason why anyone needs to access the bolts unless you were removing the back box.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Boards
PinSound
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkeyexx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside