IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1893 6 years ago

Anybody on the thread an actual fan of the show? Could use some help identifying where some of the video is sourced from

2 weeks later
#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

For any video you cannot find, replacing with any TNA video will do fine.

Randy is some kind of Baywatch clip savant and found them all. So we're good.

#1969 6 years ago

Anybody know the exact details of what controls the value of earthquake? I really need to force it to be something with a 7.

#1971 6 years ago

Yes, exactly that! Thanks. I hadn't worked it out on my own, but managed to get all the digits except seven accidentally.

E

1 week later
#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

i want to see the first video mode colorized

This one?

ski (resized).pngski (resized).png

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

The color DMD looks awesome, I know what I'll be buying if my original ever goes out! Hopefully it'll work with Chad's code.

It does.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

That's cool, but I just don't understand why there aren't more videos posted this week. Everyone has a smart phone in their pocket - shoot some footage (good, bad, shaky - who cares). Maybe people are just having too good of a time and haven't had time to post them yet - here's hoping.

It’s easy to forget to shoot photos/video of stuff when you’re wrapped up in enjoying the show. If nothing else, there will be proper video and more clear screenshots closer to the time display production is wrapping up, so you can see more of it before you decide to buy or not.

1 month later
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Looks great! But that boat scene doesn't look final?

Which boat scene? There are several. The ball launch boat? The scarab? The chopper rescue?

#2311 5 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Sorry the ball launch one, yellow and white boat creating wash in the black sea?

Colordmd doesn’t change graphics, just applies color to the dots that exist. Those are all the dots there are for that launch clip. The background is black in monochrome, so it’s still black in color.

#2371 5 years ago

They are from all over the place, and Randy found every single one. No matter how obscure. He’d scan through thumbnails on YouTube like a damn crazy person.

#2373 5 years ago

Watching the Buffalo stream from last night for errors/problems on the DMD. I can't believe I missed the laser kick re-light. I'll fix up the stuff that's broken and get an update to randy ASAP.

Also, I never got the match anim where ALL the girls bounce. That was wild. I'll fix that up too.

Edit notes:
- Extra ball buyin : Fixed

#2397 5 years ago

FYI - the things that turned up in the Buffalo stream as not working on the color display have been fixed up. It's being tested and will be released soon-ish, unless anything else turns up.

E

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not sure if this minor coloring "issue" has been found for the ColorDMD. When playing Guard mode (I'm the lifeguard!) I drained on my last shot to make so I was able to look at the screen and watch. It shows the point value for all made GUARD shots and one of mine was 39 million. The 9 was in red but every other number for the points was yellow.

Guard millions? Remember which of the five positions the broken 9 was in?

Oh wait, it was the single total screen? Post a picture of the screen you’re talking about if possible, even if the numbers are different

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from Eurotimmy:

Installed my ColorDMD and loving it.
Strange thing... I got a score of 50,901,090
The first 0 on the left side (next to 5) came up white and all the others where coloured.
Am I making sense, is it a missed colorization?

Score during the game? or score after the game was over during attract?

#2439 5 years ago

I figured out the problem with the Guard Millions "9" digit - so that's fixed.

I have an after game score single player with double digit millions that detects properly for the zero on the second digit -- so I'll need more detail on that one I guess.

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had issues with the ColorDMD where it will show the boot up screen (Display Version screen) in the middle of gameplay. Sometimes it's just for a short period of time, then it goes back to normal, other times it's an extended period of time. Also during the match sequence, as it scrolls through the girls, the second from left girl will sometimes be translucent and show the "MATCH" screen behind it.

ColorDMD can't put things on the screen - if it's showing the boot up screen, the game is doing that. All the ColorDMD does it apply color to what is showing.

The match issue was patched and is in the ROM that will be released soon-ish.

#2466 5 years ago

I don’t remember; is the balls draining screen that “sparkle text” ? There’s a different screen that is like that. The sparkle is random, so if it’s the only thing on the screen it’s impossible to detect properly.

#2469 5 years ago

I loaded up my work files to check. The "Balls Draining" screen is full 'sparkle' text (meaning it's plain text on which all of the dots randomly fluctuate between low and high brightness, producing a result that looks like static on a TV). Because theres no set pattern to the effect, and there's nothing else on the screen, it can't be reliably detected, so it's the default color.

There's one other screen in the game that is the same situation, "Shoot spinner for search & rescue".

So those two text only screens are blue. Lets pretend I decided that was a great color for those to be. Shall we?

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.52.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.52.54 AM (resized).png

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How do I get a refund for my ColorDMD? Incomplete code!
That screen still looks cooler in blue shades than orange anyway. On your files, is there a background or just the text over a solid background. I could've swore the text was over a background. I'll play around later and take video to check.

It blinks a solid background during the "Balls Draining" but again, that's not any use to detect it because it's just solid area and sparkling text.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.