20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ben1981.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#742 7 years ago

Joined the club this weekend, ordered the shaker from pthermes, waiting for my rgbdmd to get shipped.
Machine is in very nice condition, just needs LEDs and new rubbers, even the skill shots work 8 out of 10 times
Such a cool game, little one is impressed too

IMG_0986 (resized).JPGIMG_0986 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#754 7 years ago

No color GI but i just installed my brandnew rgb dmd and it looks so nice! shaker is on it's way crossing the atlantic right now so next week my really pimped out Baywatch should be complete
Cheers

IMG_1028 (resized).JPGIMG_1028 (resized).JPG

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Is that the dmd from Germany?

Exactly.
They are on backorder at the moment but he's gathering orders for a second run
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

cheers

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How did you power the dmd?

Exactly as specified in the manual: came with the power supply unit already pre-wired.
Just had to wire tap after the main switch/before the transformer. Wire tap connectors were included, so no additional stuff required at all.
Cheers

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Which wires after the main switch? I see several black and white wires?

Tap in before the connector to the transformer.
Cheers,
Ben

IMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG

IMG_1051 (resized).JPGIMG_1051 (resized).JPG

#761 7 years ago

Also just installed the shaker motor from pthermes
Instructions were so detailed, feels better than a commercial product! Never got lost, took me about 2 hours including the drilling. Every screw you gonna need is included, boards are a perfect fit and well made. Thanks paul, really awesome stuff!
This shaker is absolutely worth its money, so well integrated into the gameplay, love it
Cheers

IMG_1055 (resized).JPGIMG_1055 (resized).JPG

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Perfect, thank you! does it matter whether L goes to the black or white wire? Same for N, does it go on black or white, or it doesn't matter?

If you want to prevent your display from blowing up it does!
blue to white, black to black, as in my picture, don't mix it up, polarity is crucial here!
Cheers

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

How does this compare to the Dr. pinball LCD mod?

Did a little video with my DSLR, sorry for the shaking but you get a feel for PTHermes awesome product at work

Forgive my crappy playing but its quite hard with a camera sitting in the middle of the playfield glass, at least i made it to the jackpot animation
I played around with the color palettes, settled for monochrome.
I don't quite get the PIN2DMD software yet, have not figured out how to modify a palette from a .dat file or create a 4 color one for the sega display.

Some tearing is visible compared to the original DMD but its waaay brighter (configurable). I also like the option to do different colors, like the black and white a lot! In my opinion it's a very nice option, but i don't know if I'd prefer this one if my orginial display wasn't missing some lines.

Also did another little mod that was mentioned some months ago in this thread:
15,99 on amazon bought me a little party light with water ripple effects.
Mounted it underneath the cabinet with one little screw, looks really awesome, feels like standing in the shallow ocean while playing
Haven't finally settled for blue or clear color water:

Cheers
Ben

IMG_1088 (resized).JPGIMG_1088 (resized).JPG

IMG_1089 (resized).JPGIMG_1089 (resized).JPG

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

I miss her already

I'll always keep an eye out for here, i promise

1 week later
#783 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

but what does everyone have there shark flip set at?

Set around 50 and it's like a second or so too late everytime
But to be honest i like it that way, sharkflipping is way too dangerous for my taste, i'm never going for the shark awards.
Cheers

#791 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

How are your gates acting?

As you said my lower right gate closes very fast when choosing the third skillshot. When the ball makes a perfect turn past the upper lanes everything works but if it gets held up just half a second, the lower gate closes too early and i have to try to go for the shark skillshot.

Sometimes it seems like the upper gate is opening when it should not (when choosing the lanes skillshot) but those are rare occasions and could also be caused by the ball bouncing off the playfield in a strange way when exiting the shooter wireform and making its way under the closed gate somehow.

Upper shootout works 100% on my game

But two other things i noticed:
Sometimes in multiball it seems like the game is not registering when 4 balls drained and keeps the jackpots lit with just one ball left in play. When this ball drains it starts a ballsearch, kicks out another ball and multiball ends.
Also sometimes it seems like the game does not register a ball draining in single ball play, only after a ball search.
Happens only like once every 20 games so i can rule out a bad switch in the trough (checked them too)

Would be stoked if you could somehow work around the given locks after ball 1 when revisiting the code

Thanks for all your efforts!
Cheers

#813 7 years ago

Sounds awesome
Looking forward so much to bugfixed code

3 weeks later
#874 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

the safe but boring route is to time it out but I can never resist trying to complete it but damn is it dangerous repeatedly shooting those standup target

I'm always going for the targets too, trying to hit the uppermost consecutively.

My favorite mode although is Tidal wave: hitting the upper ramp with the left upper flipper in combination with the spinner lane two or more times in a row is one of pinballs most satisfying combos in my opinion!

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Think I'm gonna pull the trigger and join the club tomorrow.

You will not regret it, seems like a good price for a nice playing one and this machine is just so much fun!

2 months later
#995 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

if anyone nearby (Northwest Chicago suburbs) has a Baywatch that they can lend me, please let me know. PM me.

You heard the man! Lets get him a baywatch!
Very awesome to hear, looking forward very much! good luck!
Cheers

2 months later
#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Same for the full colorization:
Copy the provided files to the SD, done!*

Will this also work with the first generation of PIN2DMD-XL's? You did a hardware change a few months ago, correct?

Thanks for clarification,
Cheers

#1134 6 years ago

awesome, looking forward!

1 week later
#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

LAH is popular & loved here, and BW not really (in fact, its more not at all), again due to his theme

Don't know about belgium but the Hoff is pretty much godlike here in Austria
But you're right, i would price LAH slightly higher (but Baywatch is the better game by far

1 week later
#1181 6 years ago

Hey guys,

testing the colorization is going well, still some tweaks to figure out but it does work very nice

as always: flickering is not visible in person, just in the video!

More to come soon!

Cheers

2 months later
#1487 6 years ago

Niiice chad, thanks a lot! The changes read like a dream, so stoked to try it out! Gotta find someone with a burner now
Thanks!

1 week later
#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I installed Chad's code yesterday.

My machine is running ChadH code since yesterday too (thanks Meloyelo51 for your superfast rom service)
I‘m seriously blown away! Didn‘t think it could make such a difference but it‘s a different machine now!

The multiball fix alone would be reason enough to update but i still keep finding little changes and fixes after hours of playtime! All the modes benefit hugely from the new code, for example shark attack is so much better with unlimited shots to the scoop, helicopter rescue is not a sure drainfest anymore. The upper gate and ball launcher gate work consistently as they should and on top of that i keep hearing new voice calls and even a new music for the second video mode!
And i didn‘t even mention all the subtle but extremely thoughtful changes and fixes for scoring! The added reward for the different skill shots for example is a huge plus.

This game is so much more fun now and i look forward to discover even more features!

Thanks a lot chad, your work is a huge benefit for the entire community!

#1538 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I was one mode away from Earthquake

Guess you get some extra motivation from the new default highscores

DB093929-B2C4-430D-9224-DC6A663A93E3 (resized).jpegDB093929-B2C4-430D-9224-DC6A663A93E3 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Can't believe how nice it is to have a working skill shot again without hours of adjustment!!!

Same here and that‘s what surprised me the most! Just tightened the shooter assembly screws (i‘ve done this like 10 times before) but since i installed the new code my skillshot works 95 percent! Dont know why but unlike before the ball always makes it past the top lanes when it‘s supposed to! Don‘t think it‘s just the fixed top gate programming, there must be some serious coil enhancing mojo in chad‘s code too

1 month later
#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

but my first thought is two “L” brackets with 2 screw holes each.

You are right, topper is riveted though.
Cheers

E00EDB6F-3D05-43A5-911D-B58883BC7884 (resized).jpegE00EDB6F-3D05-43A5-911D-B58883BC7884 (resized).jpeg

8DDF1985-ACEA-4B67-BA21-FB76B3BD797C (resized).jpeg8DDF1985-ACEA-4B67-BA21-FB76B3BD797C (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ben1981.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=ben1981 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.