20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aerobert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1359 6 years ago

I've been looking at this game for a long time and now one showed up close to me just 20 minutes away for about $2400. (yikes have prices increased quickly in only 2 years here, this would've been 15-1600 back then). Anyway, it's supposed to be in very good condition.

I see this game for sale very rarely, maybe only second machine this year. My question is, how many were made? Should I go for it? I'm actually really looking for a TFTC at the moment.

#1363 6 years ago

Yeah the first one I saw this year was two hours away, it cost $1800 and it was gone in a few hours. Looked pretty sweet. Knowing that Chad is working on it, it makes me want it more.

Quoted from Whysnow:

2400 is pretty much spot on (and continuing to trend up)

I'm pretty sure the seller browsed PS for the price. Sweden used to be cheaper but the last 2 years have been crazy and we passed the US on many machines.

How many of these were made? I can't find any info on it.

#1365 6 years ago

Great to hear your thoughts about it.

I'm just curious about the production numbers. I don't care how they would affect the price anyway.

#1376 6 years ago

I'd buy that for a dollar.

#1392 6 years ago

We're all frustrated teens inside.

#1459 6 years ago

Those boat lights in the center PF should be used more in general. Upon multiball release, synched with spinner, and so on. It's a bit too dull in that area otherwise.

#1482 6 years ago

Welp the game close to me was out for two weeks but is now sold.

Instant regret

#1488 6 years ago

Of course this releases just then fml

#1511 6 years ago

I’ve offered rom burning service for locals. They have to show a donation of at least 10 usd to Chad before burning.

#1526 6 years ago

Lady luck is shining. I put out a buy ad and managed to get a completely shopped machine. Everything disassembled and cleaned. New mechs, coils, side rails, glass, rebuilt power supply, 5V and new GI connectors. No wear, it had very few plays.

And...home delivery from Norway since he was driving further south to Sweden anyway.

2200 USD, super excited to share my luck.

Sold my RFM to make room, but those are easy to find in the future if ever want one again.

1 week later
#1552 6 years ago

So I'm new to Sega machines. Is it possible to modify the game to stereo? Or is everything just mono and I can daisy chain a second speaker to the first one, for two mono speakers?

#1557 6 years ago

Oh I never noticed.

I just assumed all Sega (not DE) are mono. When did they start to cheap out?

#1559 6 years ago

Yes, they used to be name-wise. Same company of course, but I'm referring to the branded machines, not the company.
There is a breakpoint when they started using mono, and I thought it was when branding the games Sega, but it wasn't that simple.

#1562 6 years ago

Thanks for clearing that out. What a cheap move.

#1565 6 years ago

Check the thread back a few pages. Someone posted an excellent youtube video on how to.

#1586 6 years ago

Make sure the kickback is aligned properly so it hits the ball dead on.

Merry Christmas to all Baywatchers.

#1589 6 years ago

There's a household trick to jazz up the coil, or rather the plunger rod. Rub the rod all over with aluminum foil. It will feel like new.

Aluminum is normally not magnetic but there's other things at play with objects in movement and current called Lenz law.

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Lenz Law - really? Stand down on the physics, dude. It's a switch adjustment and it will never be perfect because the speed at which the ball enters the outlane is not constant. Therefore kickback speed out of the lane will always vary (regardless of how shiny the plunger is).

I was referring to the plunger rod in the coil. Not the actual part that hits the ball. You can get a faster action from the coil by rubbing the rod with aluminum foil. An electrified coil is a magnet.

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Please help me settle a dispute. What is the Hoff saying at game start - "__________ coast guard station, we're in route"? Fill in the blank -3 people in my house are hearing it differently. Is it "Point bridge", "Corn bread", "Port beach", or none of the above?

Don't know but the show is set and filmed at Santa Monica beach. I think the official name is Santa Monica State Beach. Point beach could be something named in the show. Haven't seen it for 20 years. Did see the new movie though, surprisingly entertaining but stupid. Didn't take itself seriously which is good.

1 week later
#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Thats so cool. I need to try that code someday. Somebody needs to modify the automatic multiball on ball 3 on data east WWE as well.

Set your machine to tournament rules in the settings and the third free multiball is gone with the dodo.

1 week later
#1802 6 years ago

Probably a similar one as the top with red rubber? I don't have my machine in front of me. Do a google image search.

#1803 6 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I joined the club!!! I'm having so much fun with this game. When I bought it the owner said that the DMD stopped working a few months ago. When I got it home and plugged it in and turned it on the DMD fired right up. My wife and I were cheering and high fiveing. I did the service bulletin 106 and everything has been great. Its super cherry also. There's hardly a blemish anywhere. once I get the new Chad roms and tastefully LED it, it will be 10/10 example of this great shooter.

Congrats, it's a great game on its own.

#1807 6 years ago

Just screw it back in together with some wood bondo type like Plastic Padding wood filler. That area does not receive too heavy hits.

#1809 6 years ago

You could also try putting a narrow L shaped metal bracket there in between the targets. Drill a hole and fasten it to that nut under the wire. 1mm thickness should be enough. Put black target foam behind it to protect the plastic if the metal should ever bend too much, but I doubt it.

2 weeks later
#1842 6 years ago

you mean a swords of fun?!

What's the reference?

#1856 6 years ago

Is there a shaker motor available that's plug n play? It's a bit lacking when going over from TFTC.

My Baywatch is turning heads and it's definitely the most popular game in my small collection. Friends with more expensive Williams titles want to trade but no dice. This one's staying.

There is definitely a surge in Baywatch popularity (and price). People realize its a damn good game. Theme integration is one of the best out there imo.

#1863 6 years ago

Intermittent behavior sounds like a failing diode. From http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#flip0

"Flipper Gets Stuck in the Up Position...
Before proceeding with repair, first determine if the stuck flipper is a mechanical or electrical problem. If the flipper is stuck in the "up" position, turn the game off. Does the flipper return to its normal "down" position? If so, the problem is electrical. Otherwise if the flipper stays up even when the game is turned off, then the problem is mechanical.
Electrical: On Deger (Playboy, Monday Night Football) and solidstate flipper games (Robocop and later), check the flipper coil diode. If the flipper coil diode is broken or shorted on, the flipper coil will stay energized after using it. Replace this diode with a new 1N4004 or 1N4007 diode. The counter EMF (Electro-Motive Force) produced by the magnetic field in the coil collapsing is a reverse polarity voltage. This reverse polarity voltage can cause damage to the flipper board. In most cases, it will gate the SCR (Silicon Controlled Rectifier) in the holding voltage circuit, causing the flipper to remain energized as if the player was holding the cabinet flipper button in. This was mentioned in service bulletin number 58."

Quoted from Benobutton:

Yeah - I bought my shaker a year or so back from a guy here on pinside - I love it! - not specifically plug and play - but the instructions were pretty good.
Btw - is it just me or is everyone getting way more “Baywatch will be right back” ball saves on the right out lane with the new code? Seems like 90% Of my drains on the right Outlane are saved!

Yes, there's A LOT of ball saving going on.

#1868 6 years ago

Yellow!

Excellent combination!

sweden-flag-std_2 (resized).jpgsweden-flag-std_2 (resized).jpg

#1882 6 years ago

Sorry but I think pinball.centers plastics are total shit. Hope this is better and it works out for you

1 week later
#1912 6 years ago

I'll take the shaker kit!

1 week later
#1925 6 years ago

I would say something around 3-4000. It's a pretty common game but there aren't that many circulating. People who buy it tend to enjoy it. It's good!

#1929 6 years ago

Strange though, Baywatch was at its peak in 94-95. I guess Sega and pinball in general was not.

But yeah, 1500-2000 makes more sense now that you say it. You don't see them very often.

#1960 6 years ago

If that doesn't help. Reflow all pins on sound board.

1 week later
#2003 6 years ago

Pricey af but good to know there are replacements whenever you might need it. Original used displays are not exactly cheap either, and forget about finding nos.

#2062 6 years ago

Install Chads new code instead. It balances the game properly, fixes bugs and has a lot less GI flickering.

1 week later
#2166 6 years ago

Great scorecard. Haven't proofed it. God I love this game.

Best office in the world.

3 months later
#2538 5 years ago

Is that top post of the two standard? Or has someone added it? It feels out of place to make the game easier since it can't be adjusted like the lower post.

CC74E567-521F-48EC-9215-9544BD7F46F7 (resized).jpegCC74E567-521F-48EC-9215-9544BD7F46F7 (resized).jpeg
#2540 5 years ago

Ok good! Thanks

2 weeks later
#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

So I just bought a baywatch about a week ago thought it would be fitting for my lineup because in three years I will be a retired coast guard aviator. The game is way better then I thought it would be. One issue that I see is that my pop bumpers score is not increasing. I read the manual and it says if you shoot the left orbit after the ball travels through the right in lane that it increases the pop value. Any help would be very appreciated

Yes, you get squid pop value in the right inlane. The value increases every time the ball passes it in steps of three from 500k up to 1 million I think.

As for the registering, check the switches and clean them with a piece of paper in between. The switches are self cleaning but if the machine had been sitting a while it could be poor contact.

2 months later
#2633 5 years ago

Agree, I'm rarely over 2 billion. Usually stops at 1-1.5 with the new code on a good run.

#2636 5 years ago

Best office in the world

3 weeks later
#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Got my shark, buoy floaty and some trees in
Anyone got some special cool mods?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool idea with the trees. Where did you get those?
EDIT: Nevermind, I found a set of 15 on ebay. Thank you very much for the inspiration.

#2668 5 years ago

Yeah, was just about to ask. There seem to be pegs in the bottom of the trees but I would not want to drill holes. I rather use straps or some tape.

2 weeks later
#2690 5 years ago

It fixed itself.

I find that shit annoying since it's cut off in the new Chadware anyway (don't know if it was cut before).

#2695 5 years ago

lol played a bit yesterday and the ball drained during CPR mode. Had that stupid song play in the background instead for the whole duration of the game until next credit.

1 month later
#2723 5 years ago

That's probably from behind any of the yellow standup targets.

Edit: just saw it was huge. No idea

3 months later
#2940 4 years ago

Is there a way to keep the yellow target from not moving right/left? Just tightening them? The yellow target next to middle hole (extra ball) keeps moving right and in turn makes that shot extra difficult to hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aerobert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=aerobert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.