IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

Bumping this thread for more Baywatch love!

I've added a LOT of posts having to do with this great machine so it's all "in one spot."

Baywatch has great flow, is great fun, and will never leave my collection! Sound is fun, love the Lifegaurd mode, the "Alllright!" call out - so glad it's affordable!!! Lots of bang for the buck!!

Also fun to mod with the various sea creatures on display, and DMD modes providing lots of options for mods.....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-custom-pricing-and-instruction-cards
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-additions
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-shark-hole-cliffy-how-many-want-one
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-led-mod-suggestions
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-baywatch-custom-free-play-and-instr-cards
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-gameplay-question
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-topper-mod
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-got-to-earthquake-on-baywatch-took-five-years
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-innovations

1 week later
#34 10 years ago
Quoted from TheBigShow:

The machine always irks me with the bonuses. Why does it only pay 4 letters and 4 lifeguards even when you have hit all 5?

Hmm, haven't noticed that - maybe hitting the 5th one is considered it's own "bonus" since you have started a mode at that point and will rack up greater points during the mode.

Last night I just realized that the helicopter rescue mode (the one where you are hitting the yellow targets to pull survivors away from the sinking ship) is not timed - I guess they give you a break because there are so many rescues you have to pull off to complete the mode.

Also, I finally figured out why someone's initials appear when you drop into the "Shark Hole" - this is the last person to have hit all the ramps during multiball and then hit the "Shark Jackpot" - I still haven't been able to complete the *second* Jackpot shot from the upper left flipper though...........

Some had commented on the width of the playfield, it is wider due to the fact that they used metal side rails and the ball travels over the pf which allowed them to utilize more of the right-hand side - excellent layout!!

-Nate

1 month later
#35 10 years ago

Used this snow day to finish up my bargain mirror blades on Baywatch. I really like the way the chrome vinyl looks, this is usually used on cars but I used it for the interior sides of the cabinet.
First is the "raw" vinyl roll, which is then slid down inbetween the side of the cabinet and the playfield. This is done so you can draw a line on the opposite (back) side of the vinyl - following the slope of the cabinet; this will become the top of the vinyl when you apply it to the cabinet.
Cut along the pencil line you've drawn, with the playfield up start at the front of the cabinet and use the cut slope as your guide.
Pull the backing off the vinyl slowly, as you go and press down the sticky side as you go along. At some point, you'll have to cut the backing off with scissors because it will get too large beneath the vinyl as you apply it.
There will be a small area at the top of the cabinet that you'll have to fill in with some of the remainder of what you've trimmed off. You will barely notice where the seam is.
Final step is to remove the thin clear plastic applied to the vinyl to protect it.
The finished project.

1a.jpg1a.jpg 2a.jpg2a.jpg 3a.jpg3a.jpg 4a.jpg4a.jpg 5a.jpg5a.jpg 6a.jpg6a.jpg 8a.jpg8a.jpg 9a.jpg9a.jpg
#36 10 years ago

^^ Last photo above ^^Unfortunately, as thin as this vinyl is, you still run the risk of messing up the top once you let the playfield down. I just did this today - geeze..........

1 week later
#39 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

it always pays to rebuild the flipper mech if you haven't done so in a while and align it with the top running guide but there is also a setting to tune the delay for the automatic flipper shot - though it never be perfect.

Do this first, it's a Baywatch specific setting in the menu - mine was off too and this fixed it up.

#41 10 years ago

Welcome aboard Dbaum!

Little advice - start saving yer change for the time when that huge DMD burns out!!!

#43 10 years ago

Darkwing, glad that was an easy fix! Have fun!

1 month later
#55 9 years ago

Welcom Andrzej and rad.......there are indeed a lot of fun shots, hitting that hooked dolphin shot is satisfying, going for the Shark Award after completing all of the jackpot shots is fun - then you curse like a m*&%#er after missing the Iron Man Double Jackpot!!

#59 9 years ago

kjm8888 you ever get your neighbor to do legs? I'd like to do my Baywatch legs in black.......

#61 9 years ago

kjm8888 let me know what he charges you if you do the legs......thanks.

7 months later
#86 9 years ago

Taygeta, man, I have not been able to rouse Cliffy - I was the one pushing for the shark scoop protector, and send him measurements, etc. months and months ago - I think he prioritizes the newer games, but have no idea.

I'm thinking about finding someone else to make these, any ideas who could do so?

Wow, check your microswitches and make sure they are running to the correct spot, seems like they are reversed??

Hey, the music adds to the cheese factor, that and the cool guy saying "Allllllright!" when you get the extra ball!! "I'llllll be rea-dy!!"

-Nate

#88 9 years ago

Yeah, I put out a post about it, maybe I'll add a poll - will do tomorrow, I think I had about 15 people interested........

1 week later
#91 9 years ago

I also choose the 3rd skill shot, because you can hit the other skill shots (blinking rollover) as well - it widens your options. Never got the Iron Man on the skill shot - when are you shooting the tower ramp for the skill shot - AFTER all the modes associated with that shot have been exhausted?? (multi-ball, GUARD, etc...).

I must sux at pinball in general, barely make the GUARD set on one shot per letter, and hardly ever get to Tourist Season Least it keeps me coming back for more tries!!!

#95 9 years ago

Whysnow - yeah! A pin for both sexes!!! Yeeeach!

2 weeks later
#101 9 years ago

whysnow - if you can make some extras I'd be happy to pay you for one - mine's broken also!! Good job on the graphics.....!

Nate

#110 9 years ago

Swinks is a good guy - hope your little one had a comfortable and rewarding Christmas Day.......

#121 9 years ago

http://www.microtekusa.com/products.php?KindID=3&ID=55

I like the Microteck line, check out under products they have a whole line of scanners....

#126 9 years ago

How about white wireforms? That or a "pale" yellow.

1 week later
#161 9 years ago

Question about those "shark award lights" at the bottom of pf - do you need to complete the s-h-a-r-k targets to advance through the awards, or do you need to hit the shark hole?

I don't think I've ever seen those lights advance at all while playing?!?!

#179 9 years ago

Whysnow, can you put me down for a plastic over the drop targets? Mine's got a piece out of it - thanks!!

#187 9 years ago

I'll take one.

targets.jpgtargets.jpg
#191 9 years ago

Tamoore good job! Have never gotten Earthquake after 3+ years.........

#195 9 years ago

Swinks, which decals exactly?

#199 9 years ago

Tamoore, thanks for the tips - I guess I'm not that good at pinball, although I do try to follow hitting the tower before the "automatic multiball" frustration starts with ball 2 - I never even bother with the drop targets because of that - seems like such a poor part of game planning....
I think the drops will also increase your bonus amount during multi-ball, but yeah, good luck with actually aiming for drops while 5 balls are flying around!
Usually, I can get lifegaurd (such a cheesy mode, "I'm the lifegaurd!" YOU'RE the lifegaurd?? hahaha), complete some of the modes (I agree, shark and copter are very hard to complete), and then fail to get tourist season started - rinse and repeat.......but I do have fun playing.......

-Nate

#201 9 years ago

One thing about the Sega pop-bumpers, they are all held together by a plastic frame, it's a good idea to check these frames from time-to-time for cracks, something to look for when purchasing also. I would think they could be suseptible to drying/cracking over the years - especially if they aren't fixed solidly to the playfield.

#210 9 years ago

Adding this link to this thread - Baywatch Mods....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-mods

#222 9 years ago

Thanks whysnow!

-Nate

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone get their plastic and drop stickers?
Were they so crappy that nobody wants to post ?

Got mine yesterday, will share a pic once I get it installed........thanks, looks good!

#241 9 years ago

Play? You mean you're supposed to play these things?!

Man, haven't done that in a while; here we look forwards to winter, more time inside to play pinball before the "warm weather activities" hit - but somehow they still just sit........

#248 9 years ago

Whysnow, haven't had to fuss with that switch yet, but good to know it'll need lots of TLC if worked on!!

1 month later
#290 9 years ago

Oh man! Wife watches American Idol and for "80s Night" they had none other than The Hoff, talking about being cool in the 80's, unbuttoning his shirt, and singing a medley of 80's tunes!!!

Wow, whatta man!!!

2 months later
#304 8 years ago

Pinballerchef, congrats! Looks like an excellent pf, with no Shark-hole wear!!!

#307 8 years ago

tsskinne, great! Post photos when you get it. Curious, are the original legs powdercoated black? Seems like they should be, mine are silver..........also what is the original color of the cab buttons - I have one yellow and one white.

3 months later
#355 8 years ago

Hmmm, I gonna have to look at mine, my gate is probably stuck, I always choose that side-ramp shot for the skill shot, and end up getting the lit rollover (ball doesn't make it around to the other plunger) and then mostly by chance, the ball will fall over to the plunger side for a shot at the side-ramp....hmmm.............my gate is probably stuck as well!

#363 8 years ago

That IronMan shot is tricky, you do have to hit it just right, so I doubt it is a problem with the flipper.......

#365 8 years ago

Hey, now, the sound on Baywatch is fun/stupid!

"Best Office in the World"

Porpoise sounds off when you hit the spinner!

Love the animations, that girl is digging having her back rubbed with suntan lotion....ohhh.......c'mon, lighten up and dig yer toes inna sand!!

#370 8 years ago

Ummm, Shaker Motor??? You talking about the jiggling on display???

1 week later
#374 8 years ago

maffewl - that buzzing sound is actually "normal" but you might want to take the plunger mech out and inspect all parts...........I recall posting about that buzzing myself when I was a newbie with a 850 baywatch I just picked up!!!

#375 8 years ago

Was just in Lowe's last night - they have CHRISTMAS lights and crap already on display!!! Anyway, one of the lights is a small spotlight with some type of motion reflector inside of it. You can get BLUE - thought this would be an awesome mod for Baywatch by attaching it to the bottom of the cabinet and having what looks like ocean water swirling beneath the pin!!! I guess you could hook it up to the outlet in the power supply inside the cab? whattya think??
It's costs $20, only thing keeping me from buying is I wasn't sure if the size was bit too big, but it should be fine if hidden beneath the cab........

#378 8 years ago

you should be able to remove it from the bottom-side, I'm painting right now, so can't go and check at the moment.......

No pics of that rotating blue spotlight yet, have one on my phone, but it's old and I have to transfer it over............will keep you updated, may just buy the thing.

#394 8 years ago

Here's a photo of the box for that blue motion projector, It is so bulky, it would probably have to go inside a cabinet, peeking out from a hole drilled into the cab.............

Spotlight.jpgSpotlight.jpg

2 months later
#438 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

We need a cliffy for this game,I am sending him a request for a protector and see if we can get some action on it

Wow, good luck with that - I was working with Cliffy and even sent specs and some measurements - but the project hasn't moved at all in years

#439 8 years ago

Explain how to delay the Squid Pops mode until you can get multi-ball?? Someone was explaining the value of holding off on the extra-scoring potential of the pops until multi-ball for obvious reasons. But if you need three-in-a-row to get Squid Pops, and you need three ball captures for multi-ball, how can that work???

-Nate

1 month later
#496 8 years ago

Yep my subway is broken in that exact same spot - good mod to keep it steady, I need to make one of those - I just used wire and some rag beneath it, same result but not as "pretty!"

Good job!

2 weeks later
#519 8 years ago

Stingray4me, sounds like you might have to re-flow the solder on the pin connectors on the board itself. Take the plug off and see if any of the pins are loose (wiggle slightly when moved with finger). That's my guess.

1 year later
#839 7 years ago

PTHermes, yes you have to unbelievably hit all the shark targets then feed the ball to the shark flipper to get it into the scoop. You could try an entire game to get all of these "awards" and probably not be successful. Hopefully a tweak to the code will help this out a bit.

#848 7 years ago

Did anyone else find that that rubber ring needs to be adjusted - either up, or down, or larger or smaller??

It makes for a very predictable skill shot because it always seems to fall into the same slot after hitting that post when the ball is plunged. Haven't really figured out a good "fix" to make it bounce around more..........?.............

7 months later
#1224 6 years ago

Oh yeah, the subway is cracked on almost everyone's game - and if it isn't you should probably re-inforce it now. I also made a strap for mine to support it against the pf.

1 month later
#1412 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, just buy it Definately will be worth it to have. At the rate we both cycle games it is a no brainer.
Hell, we can learn on BW and help take care of each of the BW people in this tread for a small fee. I have a handful of old chips so we could erase/burn and test them all in your game before shipping out

I like that idea - I'd buy!!!!

-Nate

3 weeks later
#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What's the cost for the set if you don't mind me asking? It's not on his website yet? And what are the two smaller pieces on the right for?

Also want to order - what was total w/shipping??

-Nate

1 week later
#1606 6 years ago

I think the kickback isn't all that strong to begin with. -Nate

1 week later
#1665 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Here's an even better solution for the side lighting. Use 5v LED light strips and then you just need the bridge rectifier to clip to a GI socket for power.

Here's a "dummy" question: How do you clip the rectifier board to a GI socket for power?? I don't ebay but is this the same thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Rectifier-Circuit-Converter-Electronic-Teaching/dp/B0756H8SHM/ref=sr_1_7

Thanks!

Nate

#1669 6 years ago

Thought I'd try my hand soldering it together.

I'm stoopid. So the quick connect wires would go into the AC "in" portion of the square Plug looking thing on the board with screw-down screws? (I snip off the little white clip so I have two wires).

So the power is coming from a GI socket (where the quick connect wires are hanging out) to the 'lil board............... Thanks guys.

-Nate

#1671 6 years ago

Sudsy7 Thanks a lot. Learning and I finally got it.

Yep, $1 assembled beats unassembled but I don't ebay so will keep hunting.........of course, I need to rebuild my Meteor first and then start breaking down my Baywatch, oh, also install the new game code, oh and install my new Taxi ROM........... Geeez!!

#1673 6 years ago

northerndude, thanks for the link!

I'll shoot them some business.

-nate

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll send you one of mine for the cost of shipping when I get them if you'd like. I don't need 5 of them, but couldn't resist at $1 each. heh

Sure, I'll PM you later on - thanks a lot!!

-Nate

7 months later
#2544 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I see this is also available sans the bikinis.
[quoted image]

Where did you find this for sale??

2 years later
#3751 3 years ago

Probably already covered, but............can you replace GI with LED and not get flickering? How about controlled lighting? Do you need the special "anti-ghost" for that?

Tearing down my BW not, damn, this has a lot of hard-to-get spots!!!

Thanks,

Nate

#3755 3 years ago

Any advice, LED's ok for Baywatch GI with no flickering?? How about controlled lights?? Thanks.

-Nate

2 weeks later
#3818 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I used Comets non-ghosting everywhere and don't have any flickering problems. The main flickering will happen with the life guard tower. I had some spare regular leds in that and it was nuts, but then got a new order of Comets after not ordering the right amount and it took care of that.
The flashers are still crazy, so maybe I'll get an OCD sometime. My step-dad who is older, had some issues with the flashing effect, and I have the Chad code that is supposed to help with that.

Thanks, will be sure to go non-ghosting. I have a bunch of "standard" flashers so will use those on the ramps, at least they are not too hard to change out. There is a flasher beneath the life gaurd stand however, so will experiment with that one.

I have the new code also, will install that plus shark hole cliffy, etc. - lots to do!!

9 months later
#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Right or wrong I was able to do it with the backbox folded down and squeezing my hands/tools through the square hole. Sorry I can’t remember better, make sure you have a magnetic wand for all the times you drop stuff into the cabinet.

I was able to use a pair of needle-nose pliers to grip the bulb up in those two impossibly-tight pf corners........turning it enough to where it pops up, (you'll
need patience, it doesn't happen very first time, or second, or.........) then you can grab it with your fingers. Do the same for installing new LED, and then never have to fool with those two again!!

-Nate

#4107 2 years ago

Can you use regular LED replacements in SEGA pins, or do you need to use non-ghosting?? Getting ready to replace all bulbs and that's a heft investment.....

Also, has anyone lit the two plastics mounted onto the back of the black metal standing bracket above the pops? Want to do that but not sure if there is clearance to but washers behind the plastics to make room for an led strip, or necessary to cut squares out of the metal itself??

#4119 2 years ago

Well, I was in the middle of shopping my machine, when lo and behold, I noticed some crispy burns at the flipper control unit on the MPU and the Playfield Power Board also had a burn at the end of a fuse holder - although the fuse didn't blow!? (it's the correct amp also!).

So weird that I never noticed either a smell, or that the machine wasn't working!?!?!

URgh!

1 week later
#4131 2 years ago

Shopping my BW, I have never seen those half-post sleeves disintegrate when removing them!! I don't think this playfield has ever been taken apart! These are no longer rubber but rigid plastic. Originals were black, I kept seeing black pieces of plastic breaking and sliding down the playfield, now I know what it was..........opted for dark blue sleeves, looks nice.

Some posts with the full-length sleeve I can't even remove, they must have really shrunk down in size once they start drying out.

Will be a huge difference in play once I get this thing tuned up.

Are LED flashers ok to use on SEGA? There are some in impossibly hard areas, one beneath the life-gaurd tower that really need an LED so they never go bad anytime soon......

Word of caution, if installing the shark hole cliffy, be aware that there's a very good reason one of the screws holding the vuk (they screw from the bottom upwards) has a washer around it, this screw points directly upwards behind the upper left flipper, there's a small "canal" carved into the playfield there, and a screw without washer will go right up into the top of the pf. Doh!

3 months later
#4301 2 years ago

Question about the cliffy set for Batwatch.
The semi-circular metal piece seems to require drilling a new hole into the pf in order to secure it with a screw?
Here's how it appears that it should be installed.
None of the surrounding screw holes will accomodate it.
Is this correct?

20220404_175831 (resized).jpg20220404_175831 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#4868 1 year ago

Question - just got my repaired Baywatch CPU board back in my machine after MONTHS of it gathering dust.........and noticed that a pin got broken off of CN21 the sound drive ribbon cable (pin 19)placement . Bummer, as it probably got broken by the repair guy.

Anyway, can this game operate with that missing pin? I assume this will affect the sound somehow.

I am thinking this is the correct replacement:

20 pin .1 inch terminal spacing dual male pin connector.

Reference: 045-5015-01

Second question, how difficult is it to replace that 20 pin dual header connector? Can you snip the pins close to the board to make desoldering the small remainder a bit easier, that is, instead of having to pull the entire 20pin group out at once...........

Thanks!

baywatch 20 pin (resized).jpgbaywatch 20 pin (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#4940 1 year ago

did anyone install the vinyl side decals for Baywatch from Tilt Graphics? How do you like them?

#4948 1 year ago

Running the new code, can't figure it all out:

It looks like you can get a locked ball without hitting the targets down and up the guard tower within 30sec? I've seen "Locked Ball" appear when hitting the guard tower shot and the trap door doesn't open? Is there a written set of instructions anywhere for the new code??

Thanks.

1 week later
#4951 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Its a while ago but I seem to remember after installing the new code my trap door had been disabled in the settings . No idea how …but worth checking ..

Thanks, I thought about that but haven't checked it yet, that may be the problem.

Cheers! Nate

#4952 1 year ago

Created these two score cards for my machine - finally up and running after a complete tear-down, installed Cliffy set, painted gaurd tower, all new Titan bands and post rubbers, replaced all bulbs, plays great!

BaywatchCard1 (resized).jpgBaywatchCard1 (resized).jpgSharkScoringCard (resized).jpgSharkScoringCard (resized).jpg
#4955 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Quick question for Baywatch owners. Will led bulbs "flicker" in this pin? I had to put an LED board in my STTNG years ago or the lights would flicker, I can't remember if it was the GI, playfield or both.

The GI and backbox are fine with LED's - I didn't use LED for the Flashers however. You shouldn't need a control board.

Best, Nate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=Pinball_Nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.