IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I wonder if she should be blue/green color as well? Though, I do think its pretty scary looking with a squid for hair.

Quoted from maffewl:

I did a quick photoshop... but nah, the squid "hair" looks much more nightmarish.

I colored it both ways and decided the tip of the head was funnier so I stuck with it.

Quoted from PoMC:

I honestly don't care about these ColorWars going on lately in some threads. I'm buying from whomever can color any of my games, so someone step it up and get Baywatch done!

Baywatch colorization IS done, rappel is checking key frames and things of that ilk and then he'll be releasing.

2 weeks later
#1194 6 years ago

after its released I'll update the color files if Rappelbox needs me to.

4 weeks later
#1286 6 years ago

wire isnt as pretty but works great

2 months later
#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If you want replace your old plasma DMD, you may install my Multicolor DMDMK66 192x64.

sweet advertising post! Does your display have all the scenes colored (showing more than 3 colors + black at once) and have a full editor available today?
That whole video looks like a VGA pal applied to the dots, not really a colorization. You also misspelled professional in your #6 point.

I get you wanna push your product and that's fine but don't be so dismissive of the time and work I put into coloring the game and claim your product currently colors this game when it does not. It just applies a palette change which isn't the same thing, that's like putting a piece of red cellophane over a black and white TV and saying its in color.

1 week later
#1795 6 years ago

Looks fantastic!

1 month later
#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

it's like nothing you've seen!

Isn't that a *bit* of an oversell? I'm pretty sure its going to be just like all the other colordmd releases except it'll be 192x64. Sunset scene looks great though.

#2034 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the greater density of LEDs means it looks completely different.

So its not colored dots?

#2036 6 years ago

So what I'm saying is, it's like things we've seen before. What you're saying is it's better than things we've seen before. We aren't having the same conversation.

I'm not knocking the product or the end results (the sunset score screen looks better than mine for sure), I'm just saying PinRob's post was really over selling what it is.

#2041 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Oversell? I just copied and pasted the email announcement from ColorDMD. That post other than the first line is from the manufacturer - not me.

I should rephrase, what was in your post was an oversell. I didn't mean to imply that you were the one who was overselling. I apologize.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Malenko, you rock. Your SFII colorization and alternate cab and translite are amazing (even though it doesn't make up for a so-so pinball experience). I think you should reach out to colorDMD and see if you could work on some of their projects. I am completely sincere in saying this.
I'm not sure what your alignments are with pin2DMD, but from what I've seen (I own neither) ColorDMD has better support and a better product overall.

We had come to an accord on me coloring Lethal Weapon 3 for them, to the point where I went out and bought the machine. But things fell apart after I released my T2 files and I don't think they trust me with the coloring tools. I've only colored so many games for pin2DMD because its the only option for me. I'd still be down for coloring games for them, especially LW3 since I already have the machine, but Randy would have to pay me a big chunk up front. I had actually hoped to use my abilities in coloring as a way to pay for more machines and expand my collection without dipping into my current earnings.

As for not trusting me with the tools, best I could do is sign a legally enforceable NDA , something I deal with in my day to day as an engineer for a place that provides SaaS and hosting to law firms.

#2043 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

If all the video modes and TV snippets are truly colorized, then it will be like nothing we have ever seen on a 192x64 DMD.

It would still be like something we've seen before.

#2046 6 years ago

Are you sure a screen capture from ColorDMD's editing software looks better than an *uncolored* off-angle photo of an XL display?

So to stress again, I'm not knocking the product, or the result, in fact I complimented it. I dont recall me every saying something disparaging about the product but Ive said on more than 1 occasion that Taxman\ColorDMD did a significantly better job coloring Terminator 2 than I did. Video mode looks amazing on it.

I'm am sorry that I don't attack artists or their work, and that you think its OK to do so.
I am also sorry I don't attack ColorDMD as a product or try to say a competing product is better.

You however are just knocking my work for some reason, so I'll digress. I look forward to the day you take the time to color a game, perhaps then you'll appreciate everything that goes into it like I do.

I dont feel like digging up the sunset screen that matches exactly what ColorDMD posted, but this is close enough:

baywatch (resized).PNGbaywatch (resized).PNG

#2050 6 years ago

If him paraphrasing my original post about their marketing line isn't him taking a jab at me, then so be it.

I still look forward to the finished Colorization Eric puts out, he always does amazing work.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, just stop.
Or go take it to another thread where you can put side by side screen grabs of colordmd and your product.

I dont have a product.

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I dug up your sunset screen for you just to be fair. This is what the output should look like on PIN2DMD (if it were keyed correctly).

One of us can't seem to move on, spoiler, its not me. You dug up *a* sunset screen, not the one I did. That one isnt even masked, its just a pal applied.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
That being said, Eric's looks much better, but mines not nearly as shitty as implied earlier. This also isnt the final version I did, but I only have my old BETA source files to go by. The final was pretty close to this but still not as good as Erics.

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

So bottom line, let's be fair and see what the ColorDMD guys have come up with, and not rain on the parade by tossing out words like "oversell" in a derogatory manner. It's only a few days to the debut anyway, then we'll all know...

Again, I wasn't being derogatory towards the product or the colorization, I was making fun of a poor choice of marketing words. In other words, their sales pitch is a little over the top for my personal tastes. They have a well established track record for delivering great colorizations , so I find it very unlikely their first large format release is going to buck that trend. Eric being the artist just doubles up the likelihood that the colorization is going to be amazing.

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

But Eric Priepke's added one special feature that's never been seen on any ColorDMD before... full color animated scoring!

Now that's pretty freakin cool!

1 month later
#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Agreed, but this particular problem seems to have started after I installed the ColorDMD. Could there be a correlation?

Very unlikely, the ColorDMD just reads the screen output and converts it to color (I'm over simplifying), and shouldn't impact switch reads or logic at all.When you get the reward a second time is the number of points awarded different than what is displayed?

6 months later
#2693 5 years ago

LW3 and TMNT both do it too.

8 months later
#3040 4 years ago

Its a recurring thing with lots of data east/sega games and nothing to worry about if you're talking about the start up sound and not the start game sound.

8 months later
#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone running the pin2dmd color DMD on this machine, by any chance?

No but I did the majority of the colorization (for Pin2DMD). Its not complete, and video mode is just a palette. ColorDMD is pretty much perfect for this game.

6 months later
#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It's my dumb ass fault because I left Baywatch parts sitting on a box on top of the dog kennel. Well, this is what happens when you are waiting for parts and didn't plan ahead before taking a game apart.

Just put a toy shark on top and it'll look like you did it on purpose ! :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=Malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.