IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 9 years ago

I'm working on a Baywatch project now as well and currently have the playfield plastics and ramps removed. Have yet to finish up posts and metal bits, then I will start cleaning. Whysnow thanks for the images, those will really come in handy. The game I'm working on is in pretty good condition with only a small amount of wear outside the shark hole from the ball rebounding when it is kicked out. I have plenty of shop out photos so far and if you have any questions I can post them. And I am also doing the DMD Extender on this game as well. And I might put caker137's EnerGI Maestro board in it... either that or Frankenstein (whichever is most obnoxious with LEDs in the GI).

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks GREAT!!
Thanks VERY much.
I will print in a few and let you know/confirm how good they look!

I actually drew and printed these up about a year or so ago. If I find the original files I'll post my version too.

#119 9 years ago

I've already identified two or three broken, but complete, plastics. I will be happy to scan the set in and do a little work in editing to merge the broken pieces.

#123 9 years ago

Believe it or not I actually started by removing the guard tower. That gave me access to the mounting plate underneath and the ramp screws in the back.

image-343.jpgimage-343.jpg
image-943.jpgimage-943.jpg
image-143.jpgimage-143.jpg

#127 9 years ago

Work is underway on my game. Started cleaning the lower playfield and working my way up counterclockwise into the jet bumper area. Using Novus 1 for 99% of the cleaning and Novus 2 in select areas to help remove ball trails.

#129 9 years ago

Dime.

#130 9 years ago

image-491.jpgimage-491.jpg
#131 9 years ago

Update... now installing Titan warm white LEDs in the GI. This batch was quite a mixed bag in terms of color temperature so I put the warm incandescent like ones closer to the flippers where they will be more noticeable. Time for a parts order!

image-757.jpgimage-757.jpg image-261.jpgimage-261.jpg image-352.jpgimage-352.jpg
#133 9 years ago

Behind? Lol, the only thing I do on that list is the coils. So from what you're telling me you have definitely put much more time in yours AND it is farther along. Should be interesting to see how things progress...

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

drop target images printed perfectly.
Here is a file with it replicated a bunch of times. I figured if I am going to print them I should do an entire sheet.
If anyone knows where I can get them printed on a decent replica of the sticker paper then please tell me. My local kinkos only had thin label paper. For now I printed on card stock and plan to affix and then mylar over, but sure would be nice to get some actual stickers printed.

I started using a different type of sticker paper, can't remember the brand. I think it's 3M, whatever it is the prints look much better with no color bleeding vs. the ones I used on Papilio vinyl sticker paper. After printing I overlaid a protective clear sheet (Great Value brand I think from Walmart) and cut. An example: Cue Ball Wizard, 14 drop target decals.

1034d67a6c11e6bbc6956fdd99d8de86f883bd39.jpg1034d67a6c11e6bbc6956fdd99d8de86f883bd39.jpg80f9032a6886c80e1f0c190759f93c07522878ba.jpg80f9032a6886c80e1f0c190759f93c07522878ba.jpgf1bad210a33e6c16d079de813c9d64779754674c.jpgf1bad210a33e6c16d079de813c9d64779754674c.jpg57fecd86b3bf1680ca88ceb030604b352fd4933d.jpg57fecd86b3bf1680ca88ceb030604b352fd4933d.jpg

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Those look GREAT! Can you possibly dig up the type of sticker paper and link it?
I will print some extras if needed and can mail off a set to you.

I am headed back today, I'll look and see if I can find it. I already have these printed but thanks anyway.

While we are on the subject of plastics, what are the dimensions of the piece above the drops? You can use a file hosting site like mega.co.nz and it won't shrink the image size of the scan. I have scanned in my set and will post a link when I finalize everything. I was able to piece together (with a little editing) most of my broken stuff but one I do need a scan of. It's the round piece above the lower jet bumper with the rescue buoy on it... does yours happen to be in tact?

plastic.pngplastic.png

#140 9 years ago

That's correct then.

#142 9 years ago

Or just a spot on photo will work. Can't find the sticker paper, will have to get back to you on that one.

#144 9 years ago

Tell me about it. I just completely remove the bumpers and re-do those separately. If you can include a coin in the photo I can measure it.

#146 9 years ago

That's great, thanks!

#148 9 years ago

I'll have to find it when I get another chance.

#150 9 years ago

Here are the 4 pieces I touched up, before and after on first three.

small.pngsmall.pngsmalledited.pngsmalledited.pngmen.pngmen.pngmenedited.pngmenedited.pnglaserkick.pnglaserkick.pnglaserkickedited.pnglaserkickedited.pngmanedited.pngmanedited.png

Crack on the last one was down between the trees.

#151 9 years ago

Do you have the slingshot plastic dimensions? I think the paper brand was HP or 3M. Can't say for sure because I think I used the last sheet.

#155 9 years ago

Dangit I meant to say drop target not slingshot. Drop target plastic. Looks great!!

#158 9 years ago

The iron man and shark shot lamp condoms should be yellow and blue respectively.

#160 9 years ago

I would recommend these... there are thinner shorter ones out there but I like these silicon ones better, closer to the original factory ones in length and feel. Holy crap that sounds nasty LOL!!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8063-1

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8063-6

#162 9 years ago

Whysnow did you happen to come across this piece? I don't think I saw that one during my teardown.

missingplastic.pngmissingplastic.png
#166 9 years ago

D'ope, now I feel silly. Thanks. Mine are all perfect so evidently no wild airballs have happened or anything.

#167 9 years ago

Ok I finally have the complete playfield plastic image set minus the shooter and ramp entrance pieces.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jti3uiv5xrsnkw2/BWplastics.zip

#169 9 years ago

I don't recall removing or even seeing that piece actually.

#176 9 years ago

Finished the lamps this past weekend. Next is all the solenoids, subways, and under the apron. By then I should have my printer fixed so I can start running the plastics and get the project wrapped up and ready for the color display.

#178 9 years ago

We're ordering the parts soon, will do.

#181 9 years ago

I can't believe I didn't used to do jet bumpers. They look and work ten times better fully torn down and cleaned up.

Before:

fr_1091.jpgfr_1091.jpgfr_1092.jpgfr_1092.jpg

After:

fr_1090.jpgfr_1090.jpgfr_1093.jpgfr_1093.jpg

#183 9 years ago

Does anyone know if Doctor Pinball has finished his upgrade of the DMD Extender board to be compatible with the Raspberry Pi A+/B+ models? I haven't gotten a response from him yet.

#185 9 years ago

His site still says the B+ model is not compatible. But I'm not sure if that's up to date.

#192 9 years ago

I've never gotten to Earthquake period!

1 week later
#214 9 years ago

Ok HERE is the paper we used for the target decals.

Invent It! print & stick project paper gloss finish 09030-0.

http://www.amazon.com/Invent-It-Print-Stick-Project/dp/B00001RMDR

http://www.amazon.com/Invent-Print-Stick-Project-Paper/dp/B007YLQUSE

This is out of production so I would get one or two packs before the above ads run out.

#215 9 years ago

And here are my original target images I drew up back in September 2012. I'm using the images swinks provided as they have the correct aspect ratio and a higher resolution.

baywatch 1.PNGbaywatch 1.PNG
baywatch 2.PNGbaywatch 2.PNG
baywatch 3.PNGbaywatch 3.PNG
baywatch kickback.PNGbaywatch kickback.PNG

#216 9 years ago

Printed the plastics on photo paper and the decals I printed in normal mode. The yellow turned out a little light but not a big deal. I was afraid to use photo paper mode on these as last time I did it bled the colors.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-903.jpgimage-903.jpg
#217 9 years ago

I also use Scotch self-seal laminating pouches for extra protection on the decals.

#218 9 years ago

Ugh, grease on drop targets? WHY? This stuff got all over the target housing as well as the switches. Two were broken so I just swapped them all out with new. Saves a lot of nasty cleaning.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#225 9 years ago

Dang, my ramps have quite a bit of dirt on them after a good scrubbing with soap and water. Novus time!

#226 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
#234 9 years ago

I'm finally getting my playfield back together today. Will post pictures of it finished this evening!

#236 9 years ago

Holy crap 4 hours straight and I still didn't get a chance to play. But it's DONE, minus a couple small tweaks here and there and the color display. And dang, it looks freaking awesome!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-886.jpgimage-886.jpg
image-529.jpgimage-529.jpg
image-20.jpgimage-20.jpg
image-976.jpgimage-976.jpg
image-610.jpgimage-610.jpg
image-870.jpgimage-870.jpg
image-392.jpgimage-392.jpg

#238 9 years ago

There's a light right above the game that gives me glare issues when I go to take photos. But sure.

#240 9 years ago

Reflects off the playfield.

#244 9 years ago

Lit photos. Man you guys are picky!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-90.jpgimage-90.jpg image-664.jpgimage-664.jpg image-912.jpgimage-912.jpg image-439.jpgimage-439.jpg image-189.jpgimage-189.jpg image-707.jpgimage-707.jpg image-732.jpgimage-732.jpg
#256 9 years ago

And don't forget the elusive Anus Bonus!

#258 9 years ago

Yeah, I don't mind putting together some photos and instructions for you guys. It won't be until next week.

#265 9 years ago

Yep just received the Extender yesterday. Just a matter of both of us finding time.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Does Dr. Pinball have the extenders back in stock now?

Ask him for an original Extender board that has the old GPIO port. I think he is still testing the new model with updated port. Keep in mind the original board will not work with the new Raspberry Pi plus models. Someone is selling a batch of original Model A's that will work until the new Extender board is finished.

ebay.com link: itm

2 weeks later
#271 9 years ago

I printed out Aurium's Baywatch cards. image-686.jpgimage-686.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#275 9 years ago

$250 total. Oh snap Hilton, I actually BEAT you?! If weather is good we will set it on location this afternoon.

#278 9 years ago

Well to be fair they're actually Chrisbee's, I just tweaked them a little. I seem to be the only one using it though.

1 week later
#287 9 years ago

If you missed the boat on the drops plastic this guy has two for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18066

1 week later
#289 9 years ago

Haven't seen this happen before...

image.jpgimage.jpg
#291 9 years ago

8 months later
#428 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Ha... noob? Re-painting and and soldering the boards doesn't sound like noob work to me. Now me on the other hand, I'm mentally preparing myself to tear my machine down here in a couple weeks. I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to mess something up.
Congrats on such a find. For that price, I'd buy 2 of these machines. Much agreed, Baywatch rocks!

I read your posts in David Bowie's voice.

3 years later
#2967 4 years ago

I fixed a friend's Frankenstein with an X-Pin power supply. The X-Pin board puts out an excellent 5.15v while under load with the game on at CN4 (CN6 per the original board connector name). By punching down the reproduction factory harness to CN4 I am now getting 5.13v at the display driver board. Problem drop kicked, sucker punched, and solved.

4 months later
#3066 4 years ago

The DMD controller board in my game was being so problematic it was causing the sound board to reset due to the draw on the 5v rail. So I wired it up to an arcade machine power supply and installed a 2.5A inline fuse between the power supply and controller board. With the board on its own power supply, the 5V level in the game showed much better and the sound board stopped resetting.

As for the display controller, it was still only showing 4.83v at the board itself. I had to increase the arcade power supply up to 5.2v, which is what we normally use in arcade machines with similar issues. After making this adjustment, the controller now shows 4.95v.

I played a few games with no display resets and no sound issues. But the 2.5A fuse runs warm to the touch, and the various PAL chips on the controller board are nearly hot to the touch. Not sure how long this will work until my original 24 year old board dies completely, but it must be pulling 2A of current (10W).

The experience of mine and others is irrefutable evidence that as these DMD controller boards age, they consume more and more power. I don’t know if the PAL chips are slowly shorting themselves out or what.

#3068 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Yep, I wish Rottendog (or whoever) would make a replacement board.

Luis with PinballSP has had one available for some time. Trying to get the last bit of use out of my original board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/videosp-192x64-new-dmd-controller-board-for-sega-large-screens

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Where can you get the new code at for the game?

http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads

Also, for some reason these Sega system 3b games love to eat insert lamps. The game I service on location had all but 3 or 4 lamps burned out. Here's the body count. The two partially blackened bulbs in the lower right are higher quality GE ones. The rest are the inferior Taiwanese lamps.
fr_1756 (resized).jpgfr_1756 (resized).jpg

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Time to led her up!
Never had a problem with my leds
Never had a better day

The business can't afford LEDs and LED OCD boards for all 13 of our games. Otherwise I would love to. I get incandescent bulbs for free basically since nobody wants them.

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Very interesting - I was not aware! Anyone out there using one of these yet (and can provide feedback)? He will not guarantee they work with either ColorDMD or Pin2DMD. One would think if it worked with the original plasma, it would work with anything else. Just curious if anyone has tried it yet.

It should work with any existing display solution. It works with plasma and his DMDMK66 LED display.

#3087 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Correct, Chad recommends not setting the power to high with his code (or at least used to when I installed it) as it messes with the gate timing. I honestly didn't notice much coil power difference, if any, when I had it set to high briefly.

Because Chad changed the power adjustment code, the 8 bit integer for the gate rolls over to an extremely low number.

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'll tell you exactly what the bug is here... this will get a bit technical but some of you might find this interesting.
All the coils have a set value for how long they are to remain energized. When you set Adjustment 32 (Coil Pulse Power) to Low then the amount of time is decreased by a small amount. When you set it to High, the amount of time is increased by a small amount.
All the coils have a different base value for time. To keep this simple, I will give all numbers in decimal.
The upper right coil timing is set to 240 when it is at the default setting. This means that coil will remain energized for 240 units of time.
When you set it to Low, the code subtracts 30 to the timing of this coil. This brings it to 210.
When it is set to High, the code wants to add 30 to the timing of this coil. This brings it to 270. However, the software is running in 8 bit hexadecimal numbers here. The largest number you can represent with 8 bits is 11111111, or 255 in decimal notation. So the number roles over to 0 if you try to go above that (and don't account for it). In this case, it ends up rolling over and winds up being 14.
Setting the coil power to High in this specific instance takes the coil power from 240 to 14. 14 is such a tiny amount. You can see the effect in the game that the gate probably just barely opens and immediately shuts.
Apparently, this was never tested back in the day and this bug slipped out into the production code.
The Upper Right Coil is the only one that has this bug. All the other coils are have a default value that does not roll over when changing power level.

Sorry, I meant to say Chad fixed the gate power when set to high in version 4.01 of his code.

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yes. This bug was fixed in 4.01. So setting your power to High should be fine in 4.01. I don't think it will mess up gate timing.
If you are running 4.00 or less (why would you!?!?! ) then do not set your power to High.

What did you do to solve the problem? Use a custom value of 255 or less for the gate coil?

1 week later
#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

New coil sleeve and adjust your eos so power stays full untill in most upper position.
Worked for me!

Baywatch uses electronic flippers and preset power timings.

#3107 4 years ago

The EOS switch on Data East and Sega games tells the flipper PCB the position of the flipper. If the flipper gets knocked down from a fast moving ball, the PCB can sense this and send another high power pulse to bring the flipper back up.

For the weak flipper issue I would suggest replacing the coil sleeve, cleaning the plunger, and ensuring the bushing isn't restricting rotation of the flipper bat shaft.

1 week later
#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I believe, depending on your settings, the flap should be up all the time once a set of lock drops is completed...

The trap door should drop after completing the flag lock targets once the ball passes the gate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.