IMG_0228 (resized).jpg
8EDF0D54-44EB-4303-AEA2-C7EA28370949 (resized).jpeg
BABF1B54-709C-496E-B1E8-1507C35AC23E (resized).jpeg
B90E6912-ED26-4633-84CA-5FEAA764D098 (resized).jpeg
66E44CE0-4C83-498F-8EDC-650D5A7DF00C (resized).jpeg
5757BC24-2A9D-411D-8277-19597AAF45F8 (resized).jpeg
CA1CDBA5-D87D-492B-9501-A4E89A25C732 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20221128_223531692 (resized).jpg

There are 4,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 95.
#4701 7 days ago

Boat plastic is good!. Amazingly this game only had one cracked plastic, the one atop the drop targets, and one is on order

#4702 7 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Boat plastic is good!. Amazingly this game only had one cracked plastic, the one atop the drop targets, and one is on order

Also usually broken. I should got like two spares

#4703 7 days ago

Playfield is done! Everything cleaned, new springs, coil sleeves, rubbers, lights, posts and ramps were powder coated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, what a great idea. My Baywatch is a little envious …your shark targets are strait, cliffy’s installed, wire form are beautiful, and Comet spotlights are an easy add if you decide the center is too dark. Really great job.

#4704 7 days ago

Thank you so much SirMachismo, good call I have som spotlights on hand mind add some and see This has been a fun project. Next up is restoring the cabinet… originally i was going to just spot fix damage, but I uncovered more damage and its jus going to come out better with decals. I also ordered parts to try building my own pin2dmd (with the help of a buddy that has done it).

#4705 6 days ago

Thank you so much SirMachismo, good call I have som spotlights on hand mind add some and see This has been a fun project. Next up is restoring the cabinet… originally i was going to just spot fix damage, but I uncovered more damage and its jus going to come out better with decals. I also ordered parts to try building my own pin2dmd (with the help of a buddy that has done it).

The bracket arrived in the mail, thank you so much!

I made this short video of the the Water Ski Video Mode for you. I hope you are flipping soon.

Spoilers…if you want to figure the video mode out on your own don’t read below the line or watch the video.
-Lb

——————————

Center, center, right, all the way left, left, center then quickly left, all the way right, all the way left, center, right, center.
Move to the spot before you need to be there. It is a mix of timing and visual cues for me.

DECA9398-DD63-4621-B9E5-B61BF68CF8BB (resized).jpeg

#4706 5 days ago

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing can’t wait to play this game, and figure it out. Looks so fun

#4707 4 days ago

Well, “partial restore” just turned into full haha. Cabinet will get fully repaired.

6CF5F90F-BCA7-4687-9801-51AD8CA3F27A (resized).jpeg71A5D28C-3E9E-4D1D-B72D-B7A8F4A4E085 (resized).jpeg82D7BBF0-4289-4934-8F78-1D870042D412 (resized).jpegB3E5F4C7-3BBC-4193-A785-1931D60A4256 (resized).jpeg
#4708 3 days ago

Well, “partial restore” just turned into full haha. Cabinet will get fully repaired.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, it'll be fun! Looks like you'll be needing some fiberglass for those repairs. Check out my baywatch restoration thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/immaculate-baywatch-restoration

#4709 3 days ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Awesome, it'll be fun! Looks like you'll be needing some fiberglass for those repairs. Check out my baywatch restoration thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/immaculate-baywatch-restoration

I used fiberglass resin for my cabinet repairs also, worked great

#4710 3 days ago

Finally joined the club. I first played this game a year ago and had to have one. One finally came available locally and I jumped on it. This one definitely needs some loving and I can't wait to get my hands dirty bringing it back to life.

PXL_20221128_214631487 (resized).jpgPXL_20221128_215903464 (resized).jpgPXL_20221128_223531692 (resized).jpg
#4711 2 days ago

Awesome Nstone4425! Making progress in the cabinet. Sanded off all the paint and starting the Bondo / patchwork.

CA1CDBA5-D87D-492B-9501-A4E89A25C732 (resized).jpeg5757BC24-2A9D-411D-8277-19597AAF45F8 (resized).jpegBABF1B54-709C-496E-B1E8-1507C35AC23E (resized).jpeg66E44CE0-4C83-498F-8EDC-650D5A7DF00C (resized).jpeg8EDF0D54-44EB-4303-AEA2-C7EA28370949 (resized).jpegB90E6912-ED26-4633-84CA-5FEAA764D098 (resized).jpeg
#4712 2 days ago

Best Office In The World!

Anyone have a lead on a new subway ramp? I used fiberglass to patch together my shattered one. Would be cool if someone would 3d print one in a few sections.

This game gets more play than Godzilla and Rush over at my shop. It's nice when people can easily figure out the rules.

Oh, one more thing, my shark flipper switch is very spotty. I replaced the switch too. If I pinch the connectors manually it works every time. Anyone else have an issue with the new flipper leaf switches they sell?

#4713 2 days ago

Just picked this up on Thanksgiving day, our very first real (I've had a ALP V-Pin for a few years now) pinball machine! Been wanting one for 25+ years and honestly Baywatch is one of my favorite tables. My entire family is enjoying it. I did have a strange question, is the right main flipper not supposed to travel as high as the left? I snagged a photo tonight to show what I'm talking about. Glad to be a part of the members only club!

IMG_0229 (resized).jpgIMG_0230 (resized).jpgIMG_0228 (resized).jpg
#4714 2 days ago

Is the right a bit further down to begin with? They should be the same if set right. Also, make sure you have no binding of the linkage.

Welcome to the club

#4715 2 days ago

congrats BotkinRacing. Look Close at the playfield but the flipper tips and you will
See 2 dimples, make sure each flipper alights to those reference points the same. That might help

#4716 2 days ago
Quoted from BotkinRacing:

is the right main flipper not supposed to travel as high as the left?

Take off the flipper rubbers, and stick a toothpick in the holes that Soulrider911 mentioned. Then, loosen the clamp to let the flippers rest on the toothpicks. Tighten them back up(being careful not mess up the flipper location while tightening) and reinstall the rubbers.

#4717 2 days ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Take off the flipper rubbers, and stick a toothpick in the holes that Soulrider911 mentioned. Then, loosen the clamp to let the flippers rest on the toothpicks. Tighten them back up(being careful not mess up the flipper location while tightening) and reinstall the rubbers.

I think I figured out the problem, the one on the right (090-5020-30) just won't physically move more than what it is currently. Both are aligned with the dimpels, but the one on the left just has more movement going up. Also noticed the red post on the one on the left seperates the two leaf switches, but that's not the case on the right. Is that supposed to be like that? Thanks, sorry just starting out in the Pinball world.

IMG_0233 (resized).jpgIMG_0234 (resized).jpg

#4718 2 days ago

I'm guessing the coil stop is worn (the top metal tab with the two allen screws in it), even though it looks newer; or when the last person reassembled it, they didn't squeeze the coil bracket and stop tight when they were tightening it down, and it's causing some binding on the linkage or the plunger, or possibly a dusted up coil sleeve not letting the plunger get its full range of motion.

The red posts are there to close the normally open switches that switch the coil over to low power hold when cradling a ball.

I'm not sure why the coils don't match...I'm not near mine to check, but I would assume they should match on this game. Someone has replaced one (or both) at one point for some reason, and you will be dealing with different strengths on each flipper as one is stronger than the other. It may not even be noticeable, so I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Check out vid's guide to rebuilding flippers. It'll help you understand the theory of operation and how to check everything.

Welcome to the joys of pinball ownership!

#4719 2 days ago

Maybe this will help, they are different and I just checked my game they are the same as yours

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 1.29.00 PM (resized).png

#4720 2 days ago

Maybe this will help, they are different and I just checked my game they are the same as yours
[quoted image]

Thanks for checking. Ya, any chance your right flipper doesn't go as far up as the left as well? I took it all apart, even without the sleeve, once I mount this bracket the underside flipper cylinder just can't go any further because of the stop at the end, made sure the sleeve is in the right place and all the way mounted, even tried it backwards and without the small curved washer over the stop, doesn't matter, still seems like it's too long. Maybe I can grind it shorter?

IMG_0240 (resized).jpg
#4721 2 days ago

Thanks for checking. Ya, any chance your right flipper doesn't go as far up as the left as well? I took it all apart, even without the sleeve, once I mount this bracket the underside flipper cylinder just can't go any further because of the stop at the end, made sure the sleeve is in the right place and all the way mounted, even tried it backwards and without the small curved washer over the stop, doesn't matter, still seems like it's too long. Maybe I can grind it shorter?
[quoted image]

Now I really want to see both plungers. I thought they looked slightly different in your original post's pictures. Maybe the right one is incorrect? You never can tell what the previous owner did or their thought process. The choice may have been just to get Baywatch back into service quickly...sad half mast right flipper and all.

Wait! I think I know this Baywatch, based on the googly eye on the shark. It's right flipper always seemed a tad weak to me. Hitting the Matt/U shot was always a chore. I never looked at the flippers closely, but I it felt weak compared to mine at home. On the plus side it seems to be in pretty good shape, and was plenty bright. Such a wonderful pin.
-Lb

#4722 1 day ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Now I really want to see both plungers. I thought they looked slightly different in your original post's pictures. Maybe the right one is incorrect? You never can tell what the previous owner did or their thought process. The choice may have been just to get Baywatch back into service quickly...sad half mast right flipper and all.
Wait! I think I know this Baywatch, based on the googly eye on the shark. It's right flipper always seemed a tad weak to me. Hitting the Matt/U shot was always a chore. I never looked at the flippers closely, but I it felt weak compared to mine at home. On the plus side it seems to be in pretty good shape, and was plenty bright. Such a wonderful pin.
-Lb

Yep, you know it! And yes, absolutely love this table and the seller that you probably know as well was outstanding with the sale. I just noticed the right flipper the other night and of course it's bugging me to death now!

#4723 21 hours ago

Based on the photo above it’s hard to tell. Would need to see both coil stops. It does look like that one has been “rebuilt” maybe data east / sega and Williams coil stops are not the same and that is a Williams one a longer?? I’d have to dismantle some flippers to be sure.

3d printed Mounting frame I sliced up and glued together for the pin2DMD I will be hopefully successful in making

0D72F1E6-CF32-477D-9207-C7324D88F37C (resized).jpeg
#4724 20 hours ago

Yep, you know it! And yes, absolutely love this table and the seller that you probably know as well was outstanding with the sale. I just noticed the right flipper the other night and of course it's bugging me to death now!

You need Vid's guide to flippers and post there. He'll set straight.

Edit: corrected wrong info about flipper coil wraps

#4725 20 hours ago

ryank11379 the flipper coils did not have beast wraps as far as I know. Pretty sure the flipper coils are correct.

#4726 20 hours ago

Well maybe mine aren't OG

#4727 20 hours ago

I dug into the topic gallery as well to ensure this was true and every example I found the coils only have small wrappers on them like the pic BotkinRacing shared. Just wanna make sure my facts are straight

#4728 20 hours ago

I dug into the topic gallery as well to ensure this was true and every example I found the coils only have small wrappers on them like the pic BotkinRacing shared. Just wanna make sure my facts are straight

Ok, popping the hood now

#4729 20 hours ago

I was totally wrong and will edit prior post

#4730 18 hours ago

Trying to get the corners nice and square, this was was destroyed before, now looking real nice

0EC5399B-8A42-4E7A-9F0E-0CEFBFABB3CC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Displays
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Juneau, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 4,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!