20240416_080456 (resized).jpg
20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 103.
#4451 1 year ago

Can anyone please help me get my hands on a Pin2DMD or ColorDMD for my baywatch? Thanks.

#4452 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Can anyone please help me get my hands on a Pin2DMD or ColorDMD for my baywatch? Thanks.

You might hit up Pinsider HighVoltage for a Pin2DMD. I bought one from him for my WCS94. He's a collector here in the PNW and a good guy.

#4453 1 year ago

You're right. I didn't realize they made GI boards for Sys11, Stern, and Capcom. Apparently the LED OCD GIzmo board works for DE/relay based GI games. Seems like they're out of stock though.

To be clear though, the normal LED OCD boards are for controlled lamps, not GI.

If you want the fading of the original incandescents, it's either incandescent GI, or this board.

Quoted from mikespins:

Thanks, but incandescents are outdated technology that use more electricity and look like garbage IMO, so that suggestion is not an option for me. Also, the LED OCD boards have drastically improved a couple of my Stern games, so they don't only have an effect on wpc and Capcom. All my opinion obviously, and I do thank you for your response!

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You might hit up Pinsider HighVoltage for a Pin2DMD. I bought one from him for my WCS94. He's a collector here in the PNW and a good guy.

Thanks so much! I messaged him.

Quoted from radial_head:

You're right. I didn't realize they made GI boards for Sys11, Stern, and Capcom. Apparently the LED OCD GIzmo board works for DE/relay based GI games. Seems like they're out of stock though.
To be clear though, the normal LED OCD boards are for controlled lamps, not GI.
If you want the fading of the original incandescents, it's either incandescent GI, or this board.

Yes sir, that's exactly right. Luckily I already have the gizmo board that I can use in this machine and comet had an led ocd in stock so I ordered from them. Now to get my hands on a ColorDMD or Pin2DMD!

#4455 1 year ago

Quick question (I searched but couldn't find it, and my game is not at my house). Do I need the notched / cutout button side guard rails (https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=535-5010-31_535-5010-32_notch) or without? (https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-data-east.html)

Thanks!

Edit: looks like not notched.

#4456 1 year ago

Back in the club after a few years out. Looking forward to shopping her out and playing some games. Few niggles to sort first.
The actuator for the skill shot above the shark flipper is missing for a start. Seems to be unobtainable. Making one is the way forward!

BB63C8E6-7917-4088-9FA2-1FF6E9470DA9 (resized).jpegBB63C8E6-7917-4088-9FA2-1FF6E9470DA9 (resized).jpeg
#4457 1 year ago

I'm having an issue where the opto on the trough is just never satisfied with its placement. it's inCREDIBLY hard to get it placed just right. I have the LED mounted FLUSH to the board, but I've never gotten it to stay consistent which is extremely irritating (although it doesn't actually affect gameplay, it throws off people's grove during competition).

Could it be that the LED isn't getting enough voltage and isn't bright enough so it's way more likely to report as misaligned?

#4458 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Could it be that the LED isn't getting enough voltage and isn't bright enough so it's way more likely to report as misaligned?

Most likely the transmitter LED is has become weak with age.

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I know the feeling. I turned 73 earlier this year.

#4460 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I'm guessing so as well. Any tips on which LEDs to replace them with? The part number is MT5000UR but can't tell how different it is from any other LED. Seems to take 5v in which seems like a standard LED but I swear when I tried replacing that LED when I did my shop it just didn't work for some reason.

#4461 1 year ago

Are you talking about the trough opto boards with the rubber mounting grommets on them?

If so, they were like $12 from PBL for the pair, but did not include the grommets; you have to order those separately and they are absolutely key to having the boards line up correctly. I'm usually a replace individual faulty components on a board guy myself as well, but for the $12 for BOTH boards, I "splurged", haha.

#4462 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I'm guessing so as well. Any tips on which LEDs to replace them with? The part number is MT5000UR but can't tell how different it is from any other LED. Seems to take 5v in which seems like a standard LED but I swear when I tried replacing that LED when I did my shop it just didn't work for some reason.

I replaced mine back in post #1064 for less than a dollar, but I see I didn't bother reporting the P/N at that time. I'll see if I can dig it up, but I agree with Grandnational007, for 12 bucks...

#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I know the feeling. I turned 73 earlier this year

LOL. At least you're still transmitting!

#4464 1 year ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

If so, they were like $12 from PBL for the pair, but did not include the grommets; you have to order those separately and they are absolutely key to having the boards line up correctly. I'm usually a replace individual faulty components on a board guy myself as well, but for the $12 for BOTH boards, I "splurged", haha.

Nah man, hate to suck the fart out of every room, but the ones on PBL are the dual LED boards and have a different pinout and layout. You're telling me that those worked for you???
The single opto board set is $30 for a single led which feels a bit much.

#4465 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Nah man, hate to suck the fart out of every room, but the ones on PBL are the dual LED boards and have a different pinout and layout. You're telling me that those worked for you???
The single opto board set is $30 for a single led which feels a bit much.

Read post #1064. Pinball Life. $30.

#4466 1 year ago

Yeah, that was them...the single led boards that many modern Stern's used; my memory is a little fuzzy from a couple of years ago...at this point, I don't think I actually replaced the factory boards, but instead swapped in the new grommets and that fixed the trough issue.

And $30 does seem a bit steep considering the bom for these little boards.

That said, find a compatible receiver/transmitter set of led bulbs(a few bucks), desolder the old ones/solder in the new ones, and get a new set of grommets , and I would think you should be gtg.

(I really should keep a repair log for each game)

#4467 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Any tips on which LEDs to replace them with? The part number is MT5000UR but can't tell how different it is from any other LED.

...and the correct answer is MV8114. If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet you 40 cents this will fix your problem. And if it doesn't...well...you're out 40 cents + about $8 shipping and you learned a valuable lesson not to trust strangers.

#4468 1 year ago

My Baywatch lifeguard tower was missing the railing on the left side, so I designed one w/ wood grain and 3D printed it in "wood" PLA. The color isn't perfect, so I may pick up another few rolls until it's as close as possible. I'll throw the STL file on thingiverse and will offer these in my 3D print store as well. I still need to "clean up" the print / design a bit too, just wanted to share my first test print with everyone.

20220604_124639.jpg20220604_124639.jpg
20220604_124633.jpg20220604_124633.jpg

#4469 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

My Baywatch lifeguard tower was missing the railing on the left side, so I designed one w/ wood grain and 3D printed it in "wood" PLA

It looks pretty good, but you should change it to a mitered corner like the original IMO.

#4470 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

It looks pretty good, but you should change it to a mitered corner like the original IMO.

I am, that is one of the things I am "cleaning up" on the design.

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I am, that is one of the things I am "cleaning up" on the design.

Great job looking good

#4472 1 year ago

I thought you might be interested in a photo of this guard shack. It was on my game when I bought the game. My understanding is that the modfather (you can find him online) painted it for the previous owner.

IMG_0972(1) (resized).jpgIMG_0972(1) (resized).jpg
#4473 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

I thought you might be interested in a photo of this guard shack. It was on my game when I bought the game. My understanding is that the modfather (you can find him online) painted it for the previous owner.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. I have thought of doing that but am on the fence. Do you have any pics of the entire playfield with the shack stained like that?

#4474 1 year ago

Or paint it blue, like those shack from the tv show.

#4475 1 year ago

Here’s my custom painted shack (missing the rails though) it’s slightly lighter than the above if that helps people
I may be interested in the 3D rails if the price is right.

EFD1F773-46DF-471B-95F5-B09CEC141FEE (resized).jpegEFD1F773-46DF-471B-95F5-B09CEC141FEE (resized).jpeg
#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Here’s my custom painted shack (missing the rails though) it’s slightly lighter than the above if that helps people
I may be interested in the 3D rails if the price is right.
[quoted image]

where did you get your blue ramps ? also how did you fix your palm trees ?

#4477 1 year ago

I have spare original handrails available that have fallen off the complete tower assembly which I also have if needed. Lots of other specific parts too for this game. Dm what you need.

20220606_214208 (resized).jpg20220606_214208 (resized).jpg
#4478 1 year ago

Has anyone installed these on their machine? Any hints or tips?

4196EBE2-E4A2-4E22-AF1A-4D98A0736779 (resized).jpeg4196EBE2-E4A2-4E22-AF1A-4D98A0736779 (resized).jpeg
#4479 1 year ago

Did mine with those last month. was easy. although I did remove the playfield and lean it up beside pin to create more space and less fuck-up ness for me. Went on great.
Sprayed them with a fine water mist, placed, adjusted a bit and squeegeed them on.

21561C4C-CAC3-4FA3-A44A-3AC0588258E0 (resized).jpeg21561C4C-CAC3-4FA3-A44A-3AC0588258E0 (resized).jpeg53998B1E-99AC-4A1B-9A44-D5749B18D6DF (resized).jpeg53998B1E-99AC-4A1B-9A44-D5749B18D6DF (resized).jpegF6772AFA-3043-4B71-899D-3A6E28F0C72D (resized).jpegF6772AFA-3043-4B71-899D-3A6E28F0C72D (resized).jpegFBAB630A-6451-42C9-8CF0-2A31E49C37D9 (resized).jpegFBAB630A-6451-42C9-8CF0-2A31E49C37D9 (resized).jpeg
#4480 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Did mine with those last month. was easy. although I did remove the playfield and lean it up beside pin to create more space and less fuck-up ness for me. Went on great.
Sprayed them with a fine water mist, placed, adjusted a bit and squeegeed them on.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks ! Looks great! I may try with playfield on.

#4481 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Way easyier with the PF out of the game

#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from mayo:

where did you get your blue ramps ? also how did you fix your palm trees ?

I powdercoated the existing ramps blue and the palm trees are attached by drilling a small hole in the bottom of them and then just twisting to the top of the posts that have a hex nut on them

#4483 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can get these flasher boards for the ramps, please? Thanks.

20220607_091813.jpg20220607_091813.jpg
20220607_091818.jpg20220607_091818.jpg

#4484 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

If 2 people do the install its not bad to do it with the playfield on.

#4485 1 year ago

Happy to report that replacing the LED with a regular ol' run of the mill ultra bright waterclear 5mm LED fixed the trough opto easily. Old LED was EXTREMELY dim in comparison.

New ask and this one is going to be the longest of long shots: my trough is just, plainly put, in bad shape. The metal is all doinked up. The trough has some crazy crazy divots in it. the up kicker guides are all bent out of shape in every which way... The part that I'm in most dire need of are item No. 1 (535-7330-00) on this diagram. If someone has a whole trough assembly, I'd consider that too.

It doesn't seem like anybody's repro'd this part and I'm not totally sure (or I haven't found) another Sega game that uses this same part. Any searches for it online come up with the 4 ball version with, if I'm not mistaken, isn't compatible because the height is so different (Baywatch shooting onto a wireform rather than the bare wood).

The issue I'm having is that the ball is getting stuck in-between the wire form and the trough up kicker eject when the up kicker. isn't giving it a strong enough of a push (due to the divots on the trough up kicker resting position due to the wrong up kicker plunger being in there for many many years and the ball having to try and try and try and try and try and try to kick up).

Any leads or thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 10.37.21 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-07 at 10.37.21 AM (resized).png
#4486 1 year ago

Trough assembly excluding opto boards £50
Stainless over trough guide £10
International tracked and insured to usa £30. Room for around another pound more of parts within 2kg weight limit if you need anything else. Lots available.

PayPal F&F

Paul

20220608_214017 (resized).jpg20220608_214017 (resized).jpg20220608_214054 (resized).jpg20220608_214054 (resized).jpg
#4487 1 year ago

Better pic of part you most need.

Coming from UK.

20220608_220044 (resized).jpg20220608_220044 (resized).jpg
#4488 1 year ago

Hi guys,
i just got a BW pinball machine here in France but unfortunately there is the white Ball Launch button missing.
Does anybody have it in spare for sale or can indicate me where i could find one ?
appreciate your help.
Pascal

#4489 1 year ago
Quoted from mayo:

Hi guys,
i just got a BW pinball machine here in France but unfortunately there is the white Ball Launch button missing.
Does anybody have it in spare for sale or can indicate me where i could find one ?
appreciate your help.
Pascal

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5973-00

#4490 1 year ago

Pascal, I have used ones available and loads of other game specific spares for Baywatch so PM me if you want this, particularly if there are other gams specific parts you need that are unavailable. Located in UK. Paul

#4491 1 year ago

Does anybody have a subway that they are selling? Mine is broken under the tower, and completely cracked/shattered on the opposite end now too thanks to the playfield falling into the cab let me know! Thank you!

I have already asked Asiapinball and he does not have one.

#4492 1 year ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Does anybody have a subway that they are selling? Mine is broken under the tower, and completely cracked/shattered on the opposite end now too thanks to the playfield falling into the cab let me know! Thank you!
I have already asked Asiapinball and he does not have one.

You’re not the first person I know to have dropped a BW playfield into the cab. You absolutely can’t support the playfield on the support arm it’s not strong enough.
Did the flipper boards inside the cabinet survive?
I feel for you man. I’ve got in a pickle myself like that and it’s a nightmare

#4493 1 year ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

You’re not the first person I know to have dropped a BW playfield into the cab. You absolutely can’t support the playfield on the support arm it’s not strong enough.
Did the flipper boards inside the cabinet survive?
I feel for you man. I’ve got in a pickle myself like that and it’s a nightmare

That’s basically what happened. I was lifting the playfield up and went to reach for the support arm and it slipped off the left side rail. Luckily the only damage was the subway. But honestly, with how hard the subway is to find, I would rather have anything else break...haha! I could probably glue/plastic weld it because the pieces that broke off are pretty big, but honestly would rather find a better subway than the one I have.

I posted in the Ramp-O-Matic thread asking about reproducing the subway (he already re-makes both Baywatch plastic ramps) but he’s pretty busy and back logged with other projects but if we get enough interest, maybe we can get the ball rolling. Of course he will need a non-broken subway...so that’s hopefully where one of us Baywatch owners can help everybody out and send him it. If a non-broken subway even exists

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-o-matic-ramp-thread

#4494 1 year ago

I almost dropped the playfield when I was looking at mine to buy. The only other machine I had owned besides a 1947 United was a B/W Doctor Who. The DW had a hinge and simply rotated up. I assumed the same so when I went to lift before pulling and luckily the owner caught me because the back left corner almost dropped. Funny thing is it was summer 2020 and we were being very Covid aware and distancing. However, when he saw what I was doing he moved super fast to help me. It was embarrassing, but no harm done.

#4495 1 year ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

That’s basically what happened. I was lifting the playfield up and went to reach for the support arm and it slipped off the left side rail. Luckily the only damage was the subway. But honestly, with how hard the subway is to find, I would rather have anything else break...haha! I could probably glue/plastic weld it because the pieces that broke off are pretty big, but honestly would rather find a better subway than the one I have.
I posted in the Ramp-O-Matic thread asking about reproducing the subway (he already re-makes both Baywatch plastic ramps) but he’s pretty busy and back logged with other projects but if we get enough interest, maybe we can get the ball rolling. Of course he will need a non-broken subway...so that’s hopefully where one of us Baywatch owners can help everybody out and send him it. If a non-broken subway even exists

Same ^^^, I avoided the tragedy but it was close. It’s like remembering that one of my pin’s glass will slide out to the floor the moment I remove the lock bar while I can leave and get a snack with the others. Keep your head on a swivel!

#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

Hopefully Asia Pinball has a spare subway. He has lots of BW spares so fingers crossed.

#4497 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Pinball shopped and custom topper made!

bay1 (resized).jpgbay1 (resized).jpg
#4498 1 year ago

Hopefully Asia Pinball has a spare subway. He has lots of BW spares so fingers crossed.

I don't. I did have some but can't find them since moving. If they show up I will be in touch.

#4499 1 year ago
Quoted from Asiapinball:

Gogojohnnyquack, I have the plastic you need at £10 plus £5 royal mail large letter postage. Original Used. In pic just below the Original NOS Slingshot pairs and Keyfob (£25 set of 3). Coming from the UK. Payment by paypal friends and family. I have loads of other used Baywatch parts as I parted out 5 of them many years ago.
R67en I have flipper boards tested working at £45 each. I can put all the parts of the speaker panel together except the mdf board (you could make that - I did for my Baywatch) i.e. Marquee, speakers, grilles (but faded), top black plastic, required hardware for £40. I have a power board but know I first need to swap out the big TR5 transistor and once tested working this would be £80 (but you may be best just getting a new replacement board instead as they are not much more than that your side of the pond). Have backglass plastic surrounds at £10 set of 4. Postage is around £10 per kilo so long as size is not too big. I either use Post Office for small items up to 2kg or DPD door to door only and you can see charges and insurance costs (if you want it) here. Remember the packaging can add 30%-40% to the weight.
https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/
I'm a collector of over 20 years, not a shop, but do know how to pack well for international shipping. Ive told me that you were looking for parts that I may have hence my first post on Pinside. Only ever lurked on here before, but used to post to the old rec.games.pinball years ago and also more recently pinballinfo both under same name, so you can also find me on there if you want to know more about me.
And I have 2 Baywatch; one was bought as a project missing loads of parts (which conveniently I had) and I have just finished refurbishing so one will be finding a new home soon. [quoted image]

Thank you so much Asiapinball
The plastics arrived just as pictured. The Baywatch community is lucky to have you!
-Lb

72147B78-13EB-4D96-B99C-2066945549F2 (resized).jpeg72147B78-13EB-4D96-B99C-2066945549F2 (resized).jpeg7EDAC860-831B-4240-873C-32C5C6FA21BF (resized).jpeg7EDAC860-831B-4240-873C-32C5C6FA21BF (resized).jpeg
#4500 1 year ago

Back in the club after a few years out. Looking forward to shopping her out and playing some games. Few niggles to sort first.
The actuator for the skill shot above the shark flipper is missing for a start. Seems to be unobtainable. Making one is the way forward![quoted image]

There's my Rolling Stones stool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 5,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/90?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.