20220607_091813.jpg
21561C4C-CAC3-4FA3-A44A-3AC0588258E0 (resized).jpeg
FBAB630A-6451-42C9-8CF0-2A31E49C37D9 (resized).jpeg
F6772AFA-3043-4B71-899D-3A6E28F0C72D (resized).jpeg
53998B1E-99AC-4A1B-9A44-D5749B18D6DF (resized).jpeg
4196EBE2-E4A2-4E22-AF1A-4D98A0736779 (resized).jpeg
20220606_214208 (resized).jpg
EFD1F773-46DF-471B-95F5-B09CEC141FEE (resized).jpeg

There are 4,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 91.
#4401 51 days ago

Just joined the club! Can someone post a pic of the ball launcher switch wiring? I don’t see a diode on mine and one wire is off. Thanks!

0D02FDCE-8B4B-4F27-9116-884D0881B446 (resized).jpegF00C1CF7-0653-4E27-B3A3-190DA543BDFD (resized).jpeg4B39B610-EE75-4F51-B54F-BF9C753FA1EC (resized).jpeg
#4402 51 days ago

Pages 34/35 in the manual. The diode is remotely located.

#4403 51 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Pages 34/35 in the manual. The diode is remotely located.

Thanks, do you have a picture of your switch? I think the green wire on mine is on the incorrect terminal.

#4404 50 days ago
Quoted from jk:

Thanks, do you have a picture of your switch? I think the green wire on mine is on the incorrect terminal.

You're welcome. Sorry, no pic. My Baywatch is currently our our pinball collective! https://nwpinballcollective.org/

#4405 50 days ago

Hope this helps

2D9BFD42-A8F1-4524-B3D6-8E8285640013 (resized).jpeg6A411158-CE6F-454D-85CD-2A561814A76B (resized).jpeg
#4406 50 days ago
Quoted from jk:

Just joined the club! Can someone post a pic of the ball launcher switch wiring? I don’t see a diode on mine and one wire is off. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome too the club great game

#4407 49 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hope this helps
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Yes helps according to your picture the green wire goes in the middle, mine was on the end. Yours has a diode on it, mine didn’t but there was a diode laying in the cabinet. The manual says the diode for that switch is remotely located. Not sure if anyone knows exactly where or if it should be right on the switch? I acquired the game with switch matrix issues. Game boots but can’t play. So trying to figure out issues one at a time so I can play this awesome game! Game has been sitting unused for years

Added 46 days ago:

Update. So the ball launcher switch had been originally wired wrong by the previous owner which blew the switch matrix column 2 -Q54 transistor. When any switches in that column were triggered it would also trigger every switch in the associated row. Replaced Q54 and game plays!

#4408 47 days ago

https://www.pinballcode.com/bw401

Got the unofficial 4.01 code running finally and wow, it makes a huge difference! Thank you to everyone behind it, the scoring is way more balanced and definitely incentivizes you to play and complete the modes as opposed to just timing them out and rushing toward Earthquake. The unused, new callouts and sound effects (especially the one for the 3-way combo) are icing on the cake.

Baywatch is one of the few DE/Segas that stack up to the best of B/W of the 90s. Love live Baywatch, best office in the world!

#4409 46 days ago

Anyone got any spare parts? I'm aiming to restore a dead baywatch - most of the head is missing, including:
-speaker panel
-backglass
-power board
-mpu board
-both flipper boards

I'd appreciate any help I can get there! Thanks!

#4410 45 days ago
Quoted from R67en:

Anyone got any spare parts? I'm aiming to restore a dead baywatch - most of the head is missing, including:
-speaker panel
-backglass
-power board
-mpu board
-both flipper boards

*Backglass should be standard. And there's definitely aftermarket BW translights out there

Here's a link to an MPU

https://www.pinballlife.com/rottendog-data-east-mpu-board.html

Also sniff around there for your other boards

There was a guy in europe parting out a BW a ways back, maybe he had a speaker panel

#4411 45 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

*Backglass should be standard. And there's definitely aftermarket BW translights out there
Here's a link to an MPU
https://www.pinballlife.com/rottendog-data-east-mpu-board.html
Also sniff around there for your other boards
There was a guy in europe parting out a BW a ways back, maybe he had a speaker panel

It’s not pretty, but the pinballspareparts site still shows the speaker panel in stock. I have never purchased anything from them, but I think this might be the guy northerndude was talking about.
I hope you bring her back to life.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/sega-parts/baywatch/sega-baywatch-speaker-panel-used-and-abused.html

#4412 45 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

It’s not pretty, but the pinballspareparts site still shows the speaker panel in stock. I have never purchased anything from them, but I think this might be the guy northerndude was talking about.
I hope you bring her back to life.
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/sega-parts/baywatch/sega-baywatch-speaker-panel-used-and-abused.html

I got a few things from them and are good

#4413 45 days ago
Quoted from R67en:

-speaker panel
-backglass
-power board
-mpu board
-both flipper boards

This guy used to have a speaker panel. You could always check with him:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

#4414 45 days ago

Can anyone confirm if ribbon cable location CN21 on CPU should have a male header pin missing at pin 19?
Noticed it when I was putting the CPU board back in the game.

575DE767-5107-4DE4-B9F0-1E2A3CF65DFE (resized).jpegC587F78F-3F3E-4028-9536-EE86128FD605 (resized).jpeg
#4415 45 days ago
Quoted from jk:

Can anyone confirm if ribbon cable location CN21 on CPU should have a male header pin missing at pin 19?
Noticed it when I was putting the CPU board back in the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that pin is missing

#4416 45 days ago
Quoted from jk:

This guy used to have a speaker panel. You could always check with him:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

Yup, this was the guy!

I may have bought part from him before. Should be good

#4417 44 days ago

Any solutions to cover up these wear marks near the flipper buttons? The rest of the cabinet is fine so don’t want to replace side art.

553CFF35-331D-4FB6-A9FA-20574B59A268 (resized).jpeg
#4418 44 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any solutions to cover up these wear marks near the flipper buttons? The rest of the cabinet is fine so don’t want to replace side art.[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

You could add these side rails to cover them up, could also powder coat them if you’d like.

If the rest of the cabinet is nice, don’t let OCD on some flipper button wear drive you crazy

#4419 44 days ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

You could add these side rails to cover them up, could also powder coat them if you’d like.
If the rest of the cabinet is nice, don’t let OCD on some flipper button wear drive you crazy

Thanks. Will the product you linked fit a Baywatch? My only hesitation with that is it covers up some of the side art

#4420 44 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any solutions to cover up these wear marks near the flipper buttons? The rest of the cabinet is fine so don’t want to replace side art.[quoted image]

You can also get black mylar protectors: https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-flipper-button-wear-protector-set.html

Anything you use to cover up those wear spots is going to cover up that seagull.

First thing is to clean off all that hand gunk though! Ew!

#4421 43 days ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks. Will the product you linked fit a Baywatch? My only hesitation with that is it covers up some of the side art

I'm also curious how these will fit on Baywatch. Anybody have them installed?

#4422 38 days ago
Quoted from YERFDOG:

I'm also curious how these will fit on Baywatch. Anybody have them installed?

Nobody have pics with these installed?

#4423 37 days ago

Anybody else having trough upkicker opto issues? I cannot seem to get mine aligned and staying there.

#4424 37 days ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody else having trough upkicker opto issues? I cannot seem to get mine aligned and staying there.

Please further define, "aligned and staying there".

#4425 34 days ago

I broke the left outlane plastic while cleaning (towel snagged it). I've tried gluing it back together using another piece of clear plastic as a connector/splint but it keeps breaking off. Does anyone have an extra one that they would be willing to part with?

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.47.35 PM (resized).png

#4426 34 days ago

That stinks. Hope you can find a replacement.

#4427 33 days ago

How do you extend the ball save timer and how do you earn extra balls in this game?

#4428 33 days ago

I broke the left outlane plastic while cleaning (towel snagged it). I've tried gluing it back together using another piece of clear plastic as a connector/splint but it keeps breaking off. Does anyone have an extra one that they would be willing to part with?
[quoted image]

If you don’t find a replacement you could try Weld On 3. I used it to brace my broken plastic under the shooter lane ramp. It actually melts the plastic to create a bond that is really strong. I have never used it on plastics with art so beware. It does require a steady hand and very little to do the job. Good luck.

8A89BB47-2F2B-46A6-A778-565B4C88B777 (resized).jpegC1D1AB62-FE3D-477D-8A1D-088BAD9AB1F6 (resized).jpeg
#4429 33 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

If you don’t find a replacement you could try Weld On 3. I used it to brace my broken plastic under the shooter lane ramp. It actually melts the plastic to create a bond that is really strong. I have never used it on plastics with art so beware. It does require a steady hand and very little to do the job. Good luck. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! That is exactly what I used but the ball literally ripped it apart. If I can repair it again I will use a bigger splint. I have ordered the plastic protectors from Pinball Life and will install them after the repair. Hopefully they will prevent it from happening again.

#4430 33 days ago

Thanks! That is exactly what I used but the ball literally ripped it apart. If I can repair it again I will use a bigger splint. I have ordered the plastic protectors from Pinball Life and will install them after the repair. Hopefully they will prevent it from happening again.

If nothing else, you could glue or "weld" the plastic onto the protector.

#4431 33 days ago

Does Pinball Haus have these? I order a much needed plastic piece from him when my dog chewed it up when I had the playfield torn apart for cleaning.

#4432 33 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

If nothing else, you could glue or "weld" the plastic onto the protector.

That is a great idea. I'll see what is possible when the protectors arrive.

Quoted from RyanStl:

Does Pinball Haus have these? I order a much needed plastic piece from him when my dog chewed it up when I had the playfield torn apart for cleaning.

Thanks! I checked Pinball Haus but they don't have this one. I have an Ebay search set, hopefully one will pop up.

On another note, I installed Pinstadiums in Baywatch last night. Ooh baby! The playfield is like being in the sunshine on the beach now!

#4433 31 days ago

That is a great idea. I'll see what is possible when the protectors arrive.

Thanks! I checked Pinball Haus but they don't have this one. I have an Ebay search set, hopefully one will pop up.
On another note, I installed Pinstadiums in Baywatch last night. Ooh baby! The playfield is like being in the sunshine on the beach now!

The only outfit that used to have Baywatch parts was Bay Area amusements

#4434 31 days ago

Gogojohnnyquack, I have the plastic you need at £10 plus £5 royal mail large letter postage. Original Used. In pic just below the Original NOS Slingshot pairs and Keyfob (£25 set of 3). Coming from the UK. Payment by paypal friends and family. I have loads of other used Baywatch parts as I parted out 5 of them many years ago.

R67en I have flipper boards tested working at £45 each. I can put all the parts of the speaker panel together except the mdf board (you could make that - I did for my Baywatch) i.e. Marquee, speakers, grilles (but faded), top black plastic, required hardware for £40. I have a power board but know I first need to swap out the big TR5 transistor and once tested working this would be £80 (but you may be best just getting a new replacement board instead as they are not much more than that your side of the pond). Have backglass plastic surrounds at £10 set of 4. Postage is around £10 per kilo so long as size is not too big. I either use Post Office for small items up to 2kg or DPD door to door only and you can see charges and insurance costs (if you want it) here. Remember the packaging can add 30%-40% to the weight.

https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/

I'm a collector of over 20 years, not a shop, but do know how to pack well for international shipping. Ive told me that you were looking for parts that I may have hence my first post on Pinside. Only ever lurked on here before, but used to post to the old rec.games.pinball years ago and also more recently pinballinfo both under same name, so you can also find me on there if you want to know more about me.

And I have 2 Baywatch; one was bought as a project missing loads of parts (which conveniently I had) and I have just finished refurbishing so one will be finding a new home soon.

bw plastics.pdf
#4435 31 days ago
Quoted from Asiapinball:

Gogojohnnyquack, I have the plastic you need at £10 plus £5 royal mail large letter postage. Original Used. In pic just below the Original NOS Slingshot pairs and Keyfob (£25 set of 3). Coming from the UK. Payment by paypal friends and family. I have loads of other used Baywatch parts as I parted out 5 of them many years ago.
R67en I have flipper boards tested working at £45 each. I can put all the parts of the speaker panel together except the mdf board (you could make that - I did for my Baywatch) i.e. Marquee, speakers, grilles (but faded), top black plastic, required hardware for £40. I have a power board but know I first need to swap out the big TR5 transistor and once tested working this would be £80 (but you may be best just getting a new replacement board instead as they are not much more than that your side of the pond). Have backglass plastic surrounds at £10 set of 4. Postage is around £10 per kilo so long as size is not too big. I either use Post Office for small items up to 2kg or DPD door to door only and you can see charges and insurance costs (if you want it) here. Remember the packaging can add 30%-40% to the weight.
https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/
I'm a collector of over 20 years, not a shop, but do know how to pack well for international shipping. Ive told me that you were looking for parts that I may have hence my first post on Pinside. Only ever lurked on here before, but used to post to the old rec.games.pinball years ago and also more recently pinballinfo both under same name, so you can also find me on there if you want to know more about me.
And I have 2 Baywatch; one was bought as a project missing loads of parts (which conveniently I had) and I have just finished refurbishing so one will be finding a new home soon. [quoted image]

WOW, guy was looking for parts last week, this could be a mother load

#4436 31 days ago

Gogojohnnyquack, I have the plastic you need at £10 plus £5 royal mail large letter postage. Original Used. In pic just below the Original NOS Slingshot pairs

I'll take it! I'll message you separately about another one I would like to get as well... Thank you!!!

#4437 31 days ago

Got that one too. £25 for both including postage. Will DM with email address for payment as soon as Pinside unlocks my DM tomorrow afternoon. Wil post Monday, following payment.

BW Plastics 2.pdf
#4438 31 days ago
Quoted from Asiapinball:

I can vouch for Paul . He’s a good guy. Long time UK collector , I have bought parts, and traded machines with him over the years.

#4439 30 days ago

I'm happy to say I joined the club! Snagged this up at an auction for $2k. Boards and pf look great, but will know for sure after we dive into it!

20220528_162027.jpg
20220528_162111.jpg
20220528_162123.jpg
20220528_162255.jpg
20220528_162304.jpg

#4440 30 days ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm happy to say I joined the club! Snagged this up at an auction for $2k. Boards and pf look great, but will know for sure after we dive into it!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great score, and welcome to the club! Get a NVRam chip to get rid of the batteries (plug and play), find a place to get Chad’s Code (make sure to donate something to him for his work) it really is great, and there are a lots of knowledgeable people here. Keep us updated. Oh, and get the anti sway stand-up target bracket for any yellow targets that move too much for you. If Baywatch is to flashy for you disconnecting CN7 in the back box will stop the flashing altogether.
Chad’s site
https://www.pinballcode.com/
Anti-Sway
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
NVRam
http://www.lockwhenlit.com or pinballlife.com
0687E4C9-C411-416F-99B1-5AA07BE10B48 (resized).jpeg

#4441 30 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Great score, and welcome to the club! Get a NVRam chip to get rid of the batteries (plug and play), find a place to get Chad’s Code (make sure to donate something to him for his work) it really is great, and there are a lots of knowledgeable people here. Keep us updated. Oh, and get the anti sway stand-up target bracket for any yellow targets that move too much for you. If Baywatch is to flashy for you disconnecting CN7 in the back box will stop the flashing altogether.
Chad’s site
https://www.pinballcode.com/
Anti-Sway
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3
NVRam
http://www.lockwhenlit.com or pinballlife.com
[quoted image]

Great info, thanks so much!

Do you know if GI OCD does anything for this game? I have one in my DESW that doesn't do anything so I could move it into Baywatch.

NVRan is en route, my buddy mbt has a rom burner for Chad's code, and I am going to order the anti away kit tonight! Thanks again dude!

#4442 30 days ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Great info, thanks so much!
Do you know if GI OCD does anything for this game? I have one in my DESW that doesn't do anything so I could move it into Baywatch.
NVRan is en route, my buddy mbt has a rom burner for Chad's code, and I am going to order the anti away kit tonight! Thanks again dude!

I don’t know but that would be awesome if it did! I swear my heart rate gets all messed up from the flashing on Baywatch before disconnecting CN7…only pin to do that to me. Still an amazing pin with so many things to shoot at. Let me know if it works I might have to pick one up.
-Lb

#4443 30 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

I don’t know but that would be awesome if it did! I swear my heart rate gets all messed up from the flashing on Baywatch before disconnecting CN7…only pin to do that to me. Still an amazing pin with so many things to shoot at. Let me know if it works I might have to pick one up.
-Lb

I will Def let you know either way!

#4444 30 days ago

The LED OCD boards only have an effect on WPC games and I /think/ on Capcom games if you happen to have some. The GI on DE/Sega games is controlled by a relay on the PSU. The EnerGI Maestro board is what you're looking for, but they've long since gone into unobtanium land.

Or you could, you know, put in fresh incandescents like it was designed to have.

#4445 30 days ago
Quoted from radial_head:

The LED OCD boards only have an effect on WPC games and I /think/ on Capcom games if you happen to have some. The GI on DE/Sega games is controlled by a relay on the PSU. The EnerGI Maestro board is what you're looking for, but they've long since gone into unobtanium land.
Or you could, you know, put in fresh incandescents like it was designed to have.

Thanks, but incandescents are outdated technology that use more electricity and look like garbage IMO, so that suggestion is not an option for me. Also, the LED OCD boards have drastically improved a couple of my Stern games, so they don't only have an effect on wpc and Capcom. All my opinion obviously, and I do thank you for your response!

#4446 30 days ago

Two questions from a new owner:

1. How do you earn extra balls in this game?
2. Is there a setting to increase the ball save time?

#4447 30 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Two questions from a new owner:
1. How do you earn extra balls in this game?
2. Is there a setting to increase the ball save time?

Sorry to answer your question with a question: What code are you running?

I am running Chad’s Code 4.01 and I am awarded an extra ball if I complete The Diver Trapped mode and shot the center VUK (I think it is timed). I think you can also setup an extra ball as a Replay Reward in the settings. Chad’s code also has a more generous ball save (so I never looked into extending it), especially after shooting the shark hole. In addition his code fixes several bugs and makes the control gate function better…the list of improvements is long and it is a must have mod. I don’t know enough about the settings or extra ball award on the official code.
Side note: When my kids have friends over I turn on the minimum game time setting to 3-4 minutes so the game will keep giving them balls saves till they make the minimum time. Hope this helps.
-Lb

#4448 30 days ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Sorry to answer your question with a question: What code are you running?
I am running Chad’s Code 4.01 and I am awarded an extra ball if I complete The Diver Trapped mode and shot the center VUK (I think it is timed). I think you can also setup an extra ball as a Replay Reward in the settings. Chad’s code also has a more generous ball save (so I never looked into extending it), especially after shooting the shark hole. In addition his code fixes several bugs and makes the control gate function better…the list of improvements is long and it is a must have mod. I don’t know enough about the settings or extra ball award on the official code.
Side note: When my kids have friends over I turn on the minimum game time setting to 3-4 minutes so the game will keep giving them balls saves till they make the minimum time. Hope this helps.
-Lb

Cool. I am running Chads code

#4449 29 days ago

SirMachismo are these the plastics you need?

20220529_212825 (resized).jpg
#4450 29 days ago
Quoted from Asiapinball:

SirMachismo are these the plastics you need?[quoted image]

PM sent.
Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
$ 27.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Raymond, WA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
There are 4,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!