IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 103.
#4251 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I would also order a new Life Guard Tower, you're is broken, missing the handrail on the right

Plenty of timber up there in MN, you could probably whittle an acceptable handrail, and save yourself $100.

#4252 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I would also order a new Life Guard Tower, you're is broken, missing the handrail on the right

Yeah, I wouldn’t want one of the life guards falling off and getting hurt.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I wouldn't worry about it. Mine was missing the left side and thought it was normal because I saw a lot of pics without it. Later it was in the back of the cabinet. CosmoConstant's might be in there, fingers crossed.

For shopping CosmoConstant you will have to do a top side tear down to replace most GI bulbs and rubbers. I found this blog to be very helpful.

http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-all-together-now.html

#4254 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

This machine looks like a challenge. I’ve replaced all of the bulbs in older machines quite a few times (nothing newer than 1988). I’m color blind so I get my wife and son to help me out when I install these LED kits. I’ve bought LED bulbs from Comet before but this will be the first kit from Comet that I have bought. Hopefully it explains everything like the Marco kits do.
I think as far as the braided grounding wire goes I am just going to solder the new wire to the old wire and use a plastic shrink band on the solder spot. I use a heat gun to shrink the plastic on there, that way the solder job never comes undone. Then I should have plenty of wire to give it a wrap or two around one of each leg bolts.

Hopefully they did white for all GI and color matched inserts. I have Comet non-ghosting in mine, but didn't get a kit. I took my own faulty inventory before ordering and of course had to make two additional orders afterward because I got it wrong.

#4255 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I wouldn't worry about it. Mine was missing the left side and thought it was normal because I saw a lot of pics without it. Later it was in the back of the cabinet. CosmoConstant's might be in there, fingers crossed.
For shopping CosmoConstant you will have to do a top side tear down to replace most GI bulbs and rubbers. I found this blog to be very helpful.
http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-all-together-now.html

Thanks for the info.

#4256 2 years ago

Thanks guys, the lower flipper kit very much works for the upper, it just comes with extra stuff you don't need for them. I read several pages of Vid's guide to flipper rebuilding because I have never done one. Well, I read the guide after ordering my kit from Marco and Vid1900 said you need the flipper bushing and it doesn't come in the kits. Also, the flipper set tool is hard too find. Well, cheers to Marco, as they included all that.

Overall, rebuilding the one flipper for the first time ever for me ended up being a one beer job. People rag on DE/Sega, but I could have done it without even removing the holder. There are no backing nuts. I decided to remove everything anyway, minus the coil itself that I zip tied to the playfield, because the two bolts took some elbow grease to remove. Plus it made it easier to clean 'er up.

This definately needed to be done. I'm going to do the rest next:

IMG_20220323_183045824 (resized).jpgIMG_20220323_183045824 (resized).jpg

#4257 2 years ago

Might be joining the club in a couple of weeks. Sounds like the must have mods on this title are the updated custom code and perhaps the color Dmd. Anything else recommended? Shaker(does game even support a shaker? or art blades?

#4258 2 years ago

I’m going to fix my lifeguard hut railing with popsicle sticks. First I measured and cut them, then I superglued them. Next I will sand them. After that I will see if I need to paint them or stain them. Maybe I can get by without doing that and just superglue them on after I finish sanding them. The color looks pretty close.

3A502560-A254-481C-8F7D-FD63EA08220D (resized).jpeg3A502560-A254-481C-8F7D-FD63EA08220D (resized).jpeg3CB1FB9A-3C50-49DC-8BD3-33584AD87E88 (resized).jpeg3CB1FB9A-3C50-49DC-8BD3-33584AD87E88 (resized).jpeg650FA2B0-D032-47B8-B766-158628F91D32 (resized).jpeg650FA2B0-D032-47B8-B766-158628F91D32 (resized).jpeg
#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Might be joining the club in a couple of weeks. Sounds like the must have mods on this title are the updated custom code and perhaps the color Dmd. Anything else recommended? Shaker(does game even support a shaker? or art blades?

ColorDMD is a must. With the orange the animations really don't stand out, but the ColorDMD folks knocked it out of the park. Plus, sell your OG DMD if still good and get half your money back on the ColorDMD. Even use the ColorDMD box to ship the OG display.

Yours might already have, but the 5V display kit for the serivice bulliton is a must if your DMD cuts out on you while playing. Works like a charm.

Shaker, don't know. I'm in the camp that doesn't like moving old electronics around like that.

Chad's code is great, but not a must. What I really wish I had was an OCD LED controller, but not available. Chad's code help, but what can be done with code is limited.

Some people like putting Barbie Doll toys, plastic aquatic animals, and plastic palm trees; I would avoid that.

#4260 2 years ago

I’m going to fix my lifeguard hut railing with popsicle sticks. First I measured and cut them, then I superglued them. Next I will sand them. After that I will see if I need to paint them or stain them. Maybe I can get by without doing that and just superglue them on after I finish sanding them. The color looks pretty close.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you can make a kit, you can sell as a mod for $. Looking forward to the end result.

#4261 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

ColorDMD is a must. With the orange the animations really don't stand out, but the ColorDMD folks knocked it out of the park. Plus, sell your OG DMD if still good and get half your money back on the ColorDMD. Even use the ColorDMD box to ship the OG display.
Yours might already have, but the 5V display kit for the serivice bulliton is a must if your DMD cuts out on you while playing. Works like a charm.
Shaker, don't know. I'm in the camp that doesn't like moving old electronics around like that.
Chad's code is great, but not a must. What I really wish I had was an OCD LED controller, but not available. Chad's code help, but what can be done with code is limited.
Some people like putting Barbie Doll toys, plastic aquatic animals, and plastic palm trees; I would avoid that.

Disagree . Chads code is a MUST - if only for fixing the Shark awards ! Before the fix they were fubar with all sorts of issues. Plus lots of other tweaks and fixes also of courses. Turns a good game into a very good game.

#4262 2 years ago

I’m going to fix my lifeguard hut railing with popsicle sticks.

That will work, but I would have went with balsa wood. Easy to work with and you can easily carve some simulated wood grain into it. Paint to match.

#4263 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Disagree . Chads code is a MUST - if only for fixing the Shark awards ! Before the fix they were fubar with all sorts of issues. Plus lots of other tweaks and fixes also of courses. Turns a good game into a very good game.

Agree with your disagree. Much more enjoyable experience when the upper control gate actually works properly. Tweaks and bug fixes are too numerous to mention. Best $10 upgrade you will ever spend on this title for sure. You'll like it so much, you'll want to donate another $10 to Chad, so I guess that would make it a $20 upgrade.

#4264 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Shaker(does game even support a shaker?

It does support a shaker. If you search this thread for shaker, you will find information about it. I wouldn't classify it as a "must" mod, but it is certainly a great mod for this title.

#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I went with plastic palm trees at the back and I quite like the result but understand it’s not for everyone
I also went with mirror blades with the decals over the top of them

42F560BF-4781-44E6-B088-5A16C2ABA8FF (resized).jpeg42F560BF-4781-44E6-B088-5A16C2ABA8FF (resized).jpeg6E22DE83-B64F-412F-A041-5B725F4845E7 (resized).jpeg6E22DE83-B64F-412F-A041-5B725F4845E7 (resized).jpeg763DF979-404D-4728-8D76-786728FCF9FE (resized).jpeg763DF979-404D-4728-8D76-786728FCF9FE (resized).jpeg81FEEAE0-90AC-4CFB-8396-C47F1907417F (resized).jpeg81FEEAE0-90AC-4CFB-8396-C47F1907417F (resized).jpegAA8C3C6C-32BF-4460-ADF8-F1394C3314A4 (resized).jpegAA8C3C6C-32BF-4460-ADF8-F1394C3314A4 (resized).jpeg
#4266 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I went with plastic palm trees at the back and I quite like the result but understand it’s not for everyone

Oh oh! Somebody call OSHA. No handrails on the guard tower. Look out CJ!

#4267 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I also went with mirror blades with the decals over the top of them[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks stunning . One day my BW can look as good. Well played sir.

#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Oh oh! Somebody call OSHA. No handrails on the guard tower. Look out CJ!

I know right! Didn't know it was missing until after the custom paint job lol. If I find another with rails I'll get it painted as well

#4269 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I also went with mirror blades with the decals over the top of them[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!!

#4270 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

It does support a shaker. If you search this thread for shaker, you will find information about it. I wouldn't classify it as a "must" mod, but it is certainly a great mod for this title.

I love a shaker but does the code support it a good bit?

#4271 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The powder coat looks good. Did you paint the front of the back box blue? It looks cool like that.

CosmoConstant Don't forget Cliffy's. The shark hole really needs it.

#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I love a shaker but does the code support it a good bit?

Shaker motor activates for:
Pop Bumpers
Center Ramp Exit (Venice Beach)
Shark Super Scoop
Upper VUK (Earthquake)
Upper Ball Launch

I think it's very well integrated. The spinner might be the only other thing that I wish the shaker was tied into.

[edit] You know what, I think the subway switch would also be a nice candidate for a shaker pulse, so you get a little buzz when you lock a ball or get a jackpot during Earthquake mode.

#4273 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The powder coat looks good. Did you paint the front of the back box blue? It looks cool like that.
CosmoConstant Don't forget Cliffy's. The shark hole really needs it.

I painted the whole cabinet blue.

I also have cliffy's on the shark hole

#4274 2 years ago

My right speaker only is buzzing…
Thoughts on fix?

#4275 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My right speaker only is buzzing…
Thoughts on fix?

How loud? I'm going to guess you have a cold solder joint on one of the output amps.

#4276 2 years ago

Silent at first boot up and then gradually gets louder. Within 1 minute of being on its too loud to talk over.

#4277 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Silent at first boot up and then gradually gets louder. Within 1 minute of being on its too loud to talk over.

Recap your sound board first. Then consider getting an isolated power supply for the sound board. A triple output +5/+12/-12 power supply solved all of my sound board issues that I was having.

The big DMD uses quite a bit of draw in the 12v line and I've found that I was able to both resolve my display computer resetting and sound and display scrambling issues by putting on new ribbon cables and getting an external power supply for the sound board. Might have been a bit excessive, but it also took away all of my noise issues.

#4278 2 years ago

I want to superglue a tiny little Pamela Anderson into my lifeguard tower. Any clue where I can find one? I’m using Google and not finding what I am looking for. I want the size to be pretty close to the correct size that someone would be standing in the lifeguard tower.

#4279 2 years ago

I want to superglue a tiny little Pamela Anderson into my lifeguard tower. Any clue where I can find one? I’m using Google and not finding what I am looking for. I want the size to be pretty close to the correct size that someone would be standing in the lifeguard tower.

Don't think such a thing exists - buy a mini barbie doll? That's close enough in my opinion

#4280 2 years ago

I want to superglue a tiny little Pamela Anderson into my lifeguard tower. Any clue where I can find one? I’m using Google and not finding what I am looking for. I want the size to be pretty close to the correct size that someone would be standing in the lifeguard tower

She doesn't have to be Pamela - just has to be stacked.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4281 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

She doesn't have to be Pamela - just has to be stacked.[quoted image]

LOL that was my point - barbie dolls are "stacked"

#4282 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

She doesn't have to be Pamela - just has to be stacked.[quoted image]

LOL Great Job. I ordered a Pamela Anderson Bay Watch Lego person and another Baywatch Lego person. My wife is going to make the dude into David Hasselhoff by painting him.

90BB0504-78B6-49E1-93E5-8D9ED013A6BE (resized).jpeg90BB0504-78B6-49E1-93E5-8D9ED013A6BE (resized).jpegEA6F95F2-D64A-4767-9106-FB0C89B941AF (resized).jpegEA6F95F2-D64A-4767-9106-FB0C89B941AF (resized).jpeg
#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

LOL that was my point - barbie dolls are "stacked"

They don't make Barbie dolls that look quite like this! Not that I play with Barbie dolls you understand.

I ordered a Pamela Anderson Bay Watch Lego person and another Baywatch Lego person. My wife is going to make the dude into David Hasselhoff by painting him.

You better ask your wife to also make the Pamela Anderson Lego look like Pamela Anderson! Dude, your Baywatch is going to look like Romper Room.

#4284 2 years ago

https://shop.colordmd.com/x-led-192x64-replacement-display-for-baywatch-pinball-machines/

So if I bought one of these what do I all have to do? I’m running firmware 4.01 right now. Is there any other chips that would have to be replaced? How is it installed? Is it soldered in or does it plug in. Does the monitor itself need any updates/upgrades? Do I need to change anything in the pinball machine settings? Thanks

#4285 2 years ago

https://shop.colordmd.com/x-led-192x64-replacement-display-for-baywatch-pinball-machines/
So if I bought one of these what do I all have to do? I’m running firmware 4.01 right now. Is there any other chips that would have to be replaced? How is it installed? Is it soldered in or does it plug in. Does the monitor itself need any updates/upgrades? Do I need to change anything in the pinball machine settings? Thanks

Install instructions are here, no soldering required, works with 4.01:
https://www.colordmd.com/installation/ColorDMD%20X-LED%20Installation%20Instructions%20Rev2.PDF

#4286 2 years ago

Thank you

#4287 2 years ago

What is a square deal for one of these color screens? Is $500 a square deal or is it a little high?

#4288 2 years ago

That's what they go for for the xl's from ColorDMD; others use pin2dmd, which is cheaper, but a whole lot more diy, and not as "pretty" as ColorDMD's version (but damn nice)

#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

That's what they go for for the xl's from ColorDMD; others use pin2dmd, which is cheaper, but a whole lot more diy, and not as "pretty" as ColorDMD's version (but damn nice)

I guess I’ll get ColorDMD’s screen then. I want it to look the best as possible. Thanks

#4290 2 years ago

What is a square deal for one of these color screens? Is $500 a square deal or is it a little high?

Install is pretty easy. Once you put in the ColorDMD, list your OG DMD for $200 + shipping and ship using the ColorDMD box. Assuming your OG DMD is still good. That's whay I and others have done. It gives you nice offset in the $500 price.

#4291 2 years ago

I will eventually mount it as a real topper, but for now this will do. The glow in the dark paint took way too many coats, but I do like the pop it adds when the led lights or black lights are on. Those of you that have mounted a buoy to your BW before, any tips?
Thanks,
Lb

B52BA9E9-02A7-4B21-8C1C-CF445362E373 (resized).jpegB52BA9E9-02A7-4B21-8C1C-CF445362E373 (resized).jpeg8C901F39-40CD-4C3E-9CCE-4F365DD1538A (resized).jpeg8C901F39-40CD-4C3E-9CCE-4F365DD1538A (resized).jpegDB5B4A96-A124-47AB-8A9D-07473CD8FE24 (resized).jpegDB5B4A96-A124-47AB-8A9D-07473CD8FE24 (resized).jpeg
#4292 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Install is pretty easy. Once you put in the ColorDMD, list your OG DMD for $200 + shipping and ship using the ColorDMD box. Assuming your OG DMD is still good. That's whay I and others have done. It gives you nice offset in the $500 price.

Are you selling guys selling it on here or EBay?

#4293 2 years ago

My location just got a Baywatch a few days ago. I got to earthquake yesterday, but didn't get much out of it. 10 million a jackpot and I only made 3 for 130 million. It kinda sucked because the trap door was broken so I had to make the full ramp shot. I saw that finishing the modes adds to the jackpot. Is that the only way to increase the jackpot? Does anything else add to it?

#4294 2 years ago

Are you selling guys selling it on here or EBay?

I posted here and FB MP. I don't bother with CL anymore and don't want to deal with eBay. Mine sold on FB to an out of town person.

Edit: I don't think it took more than a month to do so. Be sure to take pics and videos of your OG DMD working before you take out. That helps with the sell.

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made some target decals with a segmented shark on the shark targets.
Really happy with them. Fully laminated heavy duty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/04351-baywatch-target-and-drop-down-decals-
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was looking at some old posts and saw this. I got these and they look great and have held up well.

#4296 2 years ago

I replaced all of the rubbers, bulbs (with Comet LED bulbs), and foam behind the scorers. I also cleaned it and waxed it of course. Now I have to figure out how to put the playing field back together. The pictures that I took aren’t really helping. Can someone provide me with some good tear down pics, videos, anything? Links, advice, anything will help me. I’ve never torn down a pinball machine this difficult before. I need to get this thing back together!

3085BD4E-3460-4550-9C0F-5A6BCB3DCB79 (resized).jpeg3085BD4E-3460-4550-9C0F-5A6BCB3DCB79 (resized).jpeg966888A7-15CC-4B3F-8751-8BD7540E54E2 (resized).jpeg966888A7-15CC-4B3F-8751-8BD7540E54E2 (resized).jpeg

#4297 2 years ago

I replaced all of the rubbers, bulbs (with Comet LED bulbs), and foam behind the scorers. I also cleaned it and waxed it of course. Now I have to figure out how to put the playing field back together. The pictures that I took aren’t really helping. Can someone provide me with some good tear down pics, videos, anything? Links, advice, anything will help me. I’ve never torn down a pinball machine this difficult before. I need to get this thing back together!

This is what I used to guide me and it was very helpful. But I organized - bagged/labeled components and fasteners, and also took additional detailed notes as I took stuff apart. The best advice at this point for you is to put it back together as soon as you can because you'll start forgetting details within days. Good luck!!

http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-how-to-tear-down-playfield.html

#4298 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I took a bunch when I shopped mine recently, some of it you just got to remember lol, pm me if you think they would be helpful, and I'll put them up on google drive for ya to look at.

#4299 2 years ago

If I take a screw or bolt out, I take a pic of holding it above where I took it out. You have to go way over the top with Baywatch pics

#4300 2 years ago

Can someone please tell me if these wires are in correctly? I’m not going to plug it in until I can find this out. Thank you very much.

02933DBA-02C8-4523-A89D-037C93C2B1D7 (resized).jpeg02933DBA-02C8-4523-A89D-037C93C2B1D7 (resized).jpegC01B2303-28AE-4FE7-9A7C-1C07F96260F7 (resized).jpegC01B2303-28AE-4FE7-9A7C-1C07F96260F7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.