20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 103.
#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I can't pull out my Baywatch too have a good look right now it's blocked in with others I am working on but from the coin door it looks like the two black wire feeds one is on one side and the other on the other side ,and I can see just a bit of the wires going too the flashers on the left side ,I don't think any wires run though the middle cutout ,shouldn't be hope this helps

Thanks for taking the time to look. I'll repair my panel and see if I can get the orange wire to feed from the left.

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Thanks for taking the time to look. I'll repair my panel and see if I can get the orange wire to feed from the left.

Anytime bud

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Okay, you're lucky to have access to a professional printer - most people do not and graphics printing companies usually don't want to waste their time printing one-zees and two-zees. I don't think you're going to have any luck finding any high resolution files of this artwork though. If you have access to a large format flatbed scanner, it might be worth paying $225 for the decals and having them scanned at 300 dpi minimum.

Most of the times I prefer to be a doer than a thinker... project is on going
sample baywatch (resized).pngsample baywatch (resized).png

sample baywatch-2 (resized).pngsample baywatch-2 (resized).png
#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from funworldgr:

Most of the times I prefer to be a doer than a thinker... project is on going

Very nice! Please do share the full size scans when you get them done.

#4155 2 years ago

After a year and a half after stupidly selling my mint Baywatch, I was thankfully contacted by the buyer and was able to get it back.

I got rid of it last time as I noticed a lot of similarities with it to Stern TMNT (and there are quite a few shared shots between it and TMNT), which I had just gotten and was in the honeymoon stage with. TMNT lasted a little over a year, Baywatch is back and bolted to the floor!

#4156 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

After a year and a half after stupidly selling my mint Baywatch, I was thankfully contacted by the buyer and was able to get it back.
I got rid of it last time as I noticed a lot of similarities with it to Stern TMNT (and there are quite a few shared shots between it and TMNT), which I had just gotten and was in the honeymoon stage with. TMNT lasted a little over a year, Baywatch is back and bolted to the floor!

Welcome back!

#4157 2 years ago

Alright chums, riddle me this. My Baywatch is almost 100% but is experiencing one weird quirk that I just can't seem to wrap my head around. I think that I've narrowed down the issue but I want to post it here for all of you to pick apart and point out where my brain is falling to work properly.

The issue: I am having erroneous switch matrix issues that I believe I can pinpoint down to the Solid State Flipper Board (which is a replacement from pinned.de)

The symptoms: Baywatch is doing a few odd things when, and only when, both flippers are pressed down. These things are mainly associated with Row 7 on the switch return, and namely are:
1.) balls locking when both flippers are pressed and a ball is in the Shark VUK
2.) the ball lock drops complete without the middle drop actually being actuated
These are both caused by, for whatever reason, switch 55 and switch 23 ("under playfield ramp" and "3-bank drops (middle)" activating when both of the flippers are pressed, but ONLY when either the bottom of the three drops, or the shark super scoop (switches 24 and 56) are activated. This causes balls to register as locked when the ball lock is lit or completes the ball lock, and then locks a ball, usually to the frustration of spitting out a new ball from the trough and sending 2 into play.

How I've narrowed it down to the SSFB (I think): I've ruled out a mechanical issue or a wire being loose on either row or column because the issue persists when the trouble switches are desoldered and removed from the circuit and yet they still activate in the switch matrix. The issue ceases to exist when the flipper board is present in the circuit. Since the return wire on switch 7 is a through-crimped IDC connector, taking the board out allows all switches (with the exception of 63 and 64 of course) to work normally. When the board is installed on either the upper or lower flippers, the issue persists. I do not have a 520-5080-00 board present to test it against, but I'm losing my mind trying to think of other possibilities. All the non-surface mount transistors on the board test fine and I've gone ahead and replaced Q7, Q11, and Q12 just to see if it made a difference (it didn't) and I'm looking to see what might be the issue I'm dealing with. T1-3 test fine as well. The only other relevant info that I can give is that whoever installed this board before me had the dip switch settings wrong. Schematics for the repro board can be found here.

The only other thing I can think of somehow there is something shorting out in the flipper buttons themselves, but I am really struggling to think about how that could possibly occur only when the board is present.

#4158 2 years ago

Maybe another couple things to check...Have you checked the cabinet mounted flipper boards or main wiring harness by them?

The flipper boards, being where they are located, are susceptible to having components sheered right off them or damaged, from what I like to refer to as the "Data East/Sega Flop"; being that they lack the spring lockouts that B/W's machines have, upon lowering the playfield from the service position, if you pull the playfield forward, it will fall into the cabinet, right in line with the flipper boards.

Also check the main wiring harness bundle that runs by them; the bundle is susceptible to snagging the board and rubbing insulation off of wires in the huge bundle causing erratic shorts/behavior. Get a big wire loom over the wiring harness bundle if you don't already have one to protect the harness and the flipper boards from rubbing against each other.

Good luck!

#4159 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Maybe another couple things to check...Have you checked the cabinet mounted flipper boards or main wiring harness by them?

The Solid State Flipper Boards in question are the ones you're describing. I have experienced the "Data East/Sega Flop" you describe, which is a great term, and the one thing in pinball that has almost made me give up on the hobby almost every time it happens. Makes you feel like a complete failure. The harness tubes are present on this game and each return wire loom has been inspected for shorts. I just can't imagine a game experiencing this symptom with the switches PHYSICALLY removed. That's what makes me point to the board rather than a connection point.

#4160 2 years ago

After rereading the original post, possible rom issue? Possible logic processing issue on any of the chips? Any previous acid damage? Faulty diodes on the flipper coils? A faulty diode in the 7th row of the matrix? Just shot gunning here, but I'm guessing you've checked those.

#4161 2 years ago

Not a rom issue. Rom has been swapped and reset number of times.
Every diode in the circuit line has been checked and tests good, and even so, if these switches are showing up in the matrix with the switches completely unplugged, I doubt that would be a stray diode issue.
Every diode on the suspect faulty SSFB checked and tests good.
Every pre-driver transistor and diode has been tested on the MPU, and the MPU swapped with a known working one to in theory eliminate the issue being the switch PIA (unless of course this process friend the other switch PIA but I refuse to believe that with all of the transistors and diodes functioning a PIA IC would burn up because of a dead SSFB).

The only other thing I can think of is it possibly being an issue with something in-between the SSFB and the flipper button switches, but I think there's almost nothing in the circuit in-between the switch and the board.

#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

The only other thing I can think of is it possibly being an issue with something in-between the SSFB and the flipper button switches, but I think there's almost nothing in the circuit in-between the switch and the board.

It's been a while since I've been through DE flipper theory of operation, but to your point, I don't think there is either; the flipper buttons close their respective switches, which signal the driver board/mpu to send power to the flipper coils via the ssfb; i.e. driver/mpu are are completely separated from the flipper switches power-wise. They only send signal.

This really is a head scratcher. It stinks that you don't have access to some genuine DE ssfb's to test if the problem goes away to isolate the board(s) themselves. I am generally suspect of this type of rottendog or aftermarket all-in-one board. Something is sending a signal back on the logic end; if it's erratic current from the ssfb, it's anyone's guess. Sorry I can't be more helpful here.

#4163 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been answered. I searched and saw several years ago someone had a similar problem, but couldn’t find a resolution?

It’s my skill shot. Whenever I choose the 2ahots that pass through the upper gate, the upper gate does not open. In the coil tests it works perfectly.

Although when I do try these two shots the gate does open, but only after the ball hits the closed gate, which by them is too late. I checked when the rollover skill shot is selected the gate does not open when the ball hits?

It would seem the gate knows it should open however until the ball hits the gate it doesn’t open?

Any smart electronic folks or anyone who has dealt with this same issue have answers?

Thanks in advance.

#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I’ve Had my BW for like 5+ years. I got turtles pro in March and sold it November. Still have Baywatch

#4165 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I’ve Had my BW for like 5+ years. I got turtles pro in March and sold it November. Still have Baywatch

You need that beach scene to warm you up during those cold winters.

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You need that beach scene to warm you up during those cold winters.

Absolutely. We’ve been in a deep freeze for a month

#4167 2 years ago

Absolutely. We’ve been in a deep freeze for a month

You need some:

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Welcome Back Pierce!

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Does anyone know where the ramp decals can be purchased?

I was asking the same question, but with no answers. So I've started a process to remake them myself (redraw from scans of the originals). I have the equipment to professionally print, cut and laminate and might be selling them in a near future.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Not sure if this has been answered. I searched and saw several years ago someone had a similar problem, but couldn’t find a resolution?
It’s my skill shot. Whenever I choose the 2ahots that pass through the upper gate, the upper gate does not open. In the coil tests it works perfectly.
Although when I do try these two shots the gate does open, but only after the ball hits the closed gate, which by them is too late. I checked when the rollover skill shot is selected the gate does not open when the ball hits?
It would seem the gate knows it should open however until the ball hits the gate it doesn’t open?
Any smart electronic folks or anyone who has dealt with this same issue have answers?
Thanks in advance.

I use a set of chopsticks and a little luck to place standup foam backing (weather stripping) on the back side of the control gate (circled) and tightening this screw and it made all the difference. My control gate was the same as yours, it worked in tests but only seemed to work randomly in gameplay. Now it works every time, and only once every blue moon will a rollover skill shot slip under the gate. And the right flipper orbit shot is amazing. Hopefully this helps.
-Lb

320AAF59-1DA7-4A95-AA14-D0F30E3E1514 (resized).jpeg320AAF59-1DA7-4A95-AA14-D0F30E3E1514 (resized).jpegB2750812-3D65-4FED-9F14-88E652D9969D (resized).jpegB2750812-3D65-4FED-9F14-88E652D9969D (resized).jpeg42C62E9F-61F3-4CB6-9FE5-D09F42C0D478 (resized).jpeg42C62E9F-61F3-4CB6-9FE5-D09F42C0D478 (resized).jpeg
#4172 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Perhaps not helpful but mine peeled right off. Bought some 3M 467MP and put them on the new ramps.

#4173 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Quoted from bridgeman:

Perhaps not helpful but mine peeled right off. Bought some 3M 467MP and put them on the new ramps.

Yes, seems like the way to go is to salvage the decals. https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-reuse-decals

1 week later
#4174 2 years ago

Hey gang. My Baywatch is playing almost 100% but the last issue I'm having is I think my ball trough VUK is out of alignment and I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a nice powerful kickout. Any tips on dialing in the alignment on the trough VUK?

#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hey gang. My Baywatch is playing almost 100% but the last issue I'm having is I think my ball trough VUK is out of alignment and I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a nice powerful kickout. Any tips on dialing in the alignment on the trough VUK?

Set up a camera on slo-mo and video where it's hitting? and adjust accordingly

#4176 2 years ago

Set up a camera on slo-mo and video where it's hitting? and adjust accordingly

While I'm notorious for doing that (helped me figure out my ramp issues I was having here) the issue with the design of this trough is that from what I can tell, there's really no place to visibly see the ball getting kicked out of its place.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Another Pinsider mentioned to me that Marco might make Baywatch ramp decals...So I emailed Marcopinball sales' team to ask if they would produce the Baywatch ramp decals or if they had the decals on their to-do-list, and they replied. Stating that they would alert the production team that there is an interest in the Baywatch ramp decals and look into sourcing them, but gave no ETA.
If you are interested in Baywatch ramp decals i suggest emailing them as well, maybe with enough interest they will get to them sooner. Fingers crossed.
-Lb

#4178 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Another Pinsider mentioned to me that Marco might make Baywatch ramp decals...So I emailed Marcopinball sales' team to ask if they would produce the Baywatch ramp decals or if they had the decals on their to-do-list, and they replied. Stating that they would alert the production team that there is an interest in the Baywatch ramp decals and look into sourcing them, but gave no ETA.
If you are interested in Baywatch ramp decals i suggest emailing them as well, maybe with enough interest they will get to them sooner. Fingers crossed.
-Lb

Yes, I reached out to Marco as well. This is the response, so agree let them know if you are interested.

17AA448F-F615-4435-AF4B-A1EA443F89DE (resized).jpeg17AA448F-F615-4435-AF4B-A1EA443F89DE (resized).jpeg
#4179 2 years ago

I suddenly have a loud hum coming from my right speaker, like too loud to keep the pin on.
Any thoughts on the issue and how to fix it?

#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I suddenly have a loud hum coming from my right speaker, like too loud to keep the pin on.
Any thoughts on the issue and how to fix it?

I had to redo the connector on my sound board to fix this issue, ground connection was poor. I've seen some talk of people "floating" their sound boards in the backbox to reduce Data East/Sega hum as well

#4181 2 years ago

Anyone looking to leave the club? I have never played this title but have seen it on a few streams and it really has me interested in giving it a try

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Anyone looking to leave the club? I have never played this title but have seen it on a few streams and it really has me interested in giving it a try

No, it's bolted to the floor. Cliche response, but I'll probably switch out in a year or two because I have room for only one pin. I'm sure you'll find something because it really is a great game, especially with the XL ColorDMD.

#4183 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Anyone looking to leave the club?

Quoted from RyanStl:

No, it's bolted to the floor.

General question: How does nudging the game work after its bolted to the floor?
(And I guess that slide saves would then be out of the realm of possibility.)

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Is this a serious question? If so, "bolted to the floor" isn't literal, it's figurative. It just means it's "never leaving" the collection.

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You have to have the leg bolts be real loose.

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Is this a serious question? If so, "bolted to the floor" isn't literal, it's figurative. It just means it's "never leaving" the collection.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Yes, seems like the way to go is to salvage the decals. https://rampomatic.com/blogs/tutorials/how-to-reuse-decals

Did it last night and this method worked perfectly for the ramp decal transfer.

#4188 2 years ago

Upper midwesterner looking for my first pin. This machine looks to be ideal! Anyone looking to sell?

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from P1NBALL:

Upper midwesterner looking for my first pin. This machine looks to be ideal! Anyone looking to sell?

My advice to you is if this is your first pin, make sure the one you buy has been recently shopped. This pin is Mother F'r for shopping.

1 week later
#4190 2 years ago

Hey Everyone and Anyone,
I am looking for a little help. Done a complete topside tear down to install my new ramps and am having trouble with an area of reassembly. It is the back connection of the Iron man/Tourist ramp. I am attaching a pic of the area and if someone could get a pic for me of how that goes together I would greatly appreciate it!

F9F64289-123D-4FB3-BA98-0C0810474555 (resized).jpegF9F64289-123D-4FB3-BA98-0C0810474555 (resized).jpeg
#4191 2 years ago

bridgeman

This piece gave me big trouble because it just wan't fitting. It took me over a month to put back together because I was waiting on parts and I didn't take good enough pictures. I thought I had it and then stuff wasn't working. I took it back apart and then boom it just fit right. I just took these pics for you.

IMG_20220217_212502378 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212502378 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212448094 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212448094 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212414987 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_212414987 (resized).jpg

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Hey Everyone and Anyone,
I am looking for a little help. Done a complete topside tear down to install my new ramps and am having trouble with an area of reassembly. It is the back connection of the Iron man/Tourist ramp. I am attaching a pic of the area and if someone could get a pic for me of how that goes together I would greatly appreciate it![quoted image]

You are also missing a tear drop piece of plastic that covers that hole. I have never figured out what that is there.

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This piece gave me big trouble because it just wan't fitting. It took me over a month to put back together because I was waiting on parts and I didn't take good enough pictures. I thought I had it and then stuff wasn't working. I took it back apart and then boom it just fit right. I just took these pics for you.

I appreciate the pic Ryan. I really thought I was meticulous to take a bunch of pics...and I did. However, apparently not of this location. I believe this pic shows me what I need to know. I will be back on the project Sunday and find out! Again Thanks!!

Patrick.

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You are also missing a tear drop piece of plastic that covers that hole. I have never figured out what that is there.

I do have the tear drop piece, its just not installed yet. Thanks again!

Patrick

#4195 2 years ago

I'm guessing to prevent an air ball from getting stuck there. But I never understood the point of the access hole; there's nothing to access there...weird.

#4196 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm guessing to prevent an air ball from getting stuck there. But I never understood the point of the access hole; there's nothing to access there...weird.

I assumed that the access hole was to attempt to reach the right ramp exit switch, but as someone who has had to replace that switch, I can tell you for damn sure, it doesn't help you reach that switch.

#4197 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I appreciate the pic Ryan. I really thought I was meticulous to take a bunch of pics...and I did. However, apparently not of this location. I believe this pic shows me what I need to know. I will be back on the project Sunday and find out! Again Thanks!!
Patrick.

I thought so too when taking before pictures. To get that one you really have to get your phone in there.

Glad I could help.

#4198 2 years ago

New translites available for this great game. Something more fun and funny and still sexy. Pm if interested.

baywatch 2022 PsT (resized).jpgbaywatch 2022 PsT (resized).jpg
#4199 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

New translites available for this great game. Something more fun and funny and still sexy. Pm if interested.
[quoted image]

Pics on a game?

#4200 2 years ago

Sorry I currently don't own a BW. I promise it will be eye popping though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/84?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.