20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 103.
#4101 2 years ago

Ahoy all. Went to play a game last nite. Everything working as it should except I have no insert/controlled lamp lighting!? Flashers work. Haven't had time to dig in to it but figured I'd see if anybody here had ideas/guidance/suggestions. thanks!

#4102 2 years ago

I'd start by reseating connectors then check fuses.

#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Ahoy all. Went to play a game last nite. Everything working as it should except I have no insert/controlled lamp lighting!? Flashers work. Haven't had time to dig in to it but figured I'd see if anybody here had ideas/guidance/suggestions. thanks!

Check fuse #4 on your power supply board. I think that one is for the controlled lamps.

#4104 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I dug in and F2 (off the board) was blown, after testing it appears my bridge @ BR1 has caught a radical wave and totally slammed!

In other news! Had some of these made up and have extras. Fitment is spot on and I'm happy with the quality. $5 shipped each if anybody is interested just PM me. thx

DSC02662 (resized).JPGDSC02662 (resized).JPGDSC02664 (resized).JPGDSC02664 (resized).JPGDSC02685 (resized).JPGDSC02685 (resized).JPG
#4105 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Thanks guys, I dug in and F2 (off the board) was blown, after testing it appears my bridge @ BR1 has caught a radical wave and totally slammed!
In other news! Had some of these made up and have extras. Fitment is spot on and I'm happy with the quality. $5 shipped each if anybody is interested just PM me. thx
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had been looking for those and could not find. I ended up with Pinball Haus' sticker because I was getting a plastic from them, but this is what I really want. I will be sending a PM.

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Right or wrong I was able to do it with the backbox folded down and squeezing my hands/tools through the square hole. Sorry I can’t remember better, make sure you have a magnetic wand for all the times you drop stuff into the cabinet.

I was able to use a pair of needle-nose pliers to grip the bulb up in those two impossibly-tight pf corners........turning it enough to where it pops up, (you'll
need patience, it doesn't happen very first time, or second, or.........) then you can grab it with your fingers. Do the same for installing new LED, and then never have to fool with those two again!!

-Nate

#4107 2 years ago

Can you use regular LED replacements in SEGA pins, or do you need to use non-ghosting?? Getting ready to replace all bulbs and that's a heft investment.....

Also, has anyone lit the two plastics mounted onto the back of the black metal standing bracket above the pops? Want to do that but not sure if there is clearance to but washers behind the plastics to make room for an led strip, or necessary to cut squares out of the metal itself??

#4108 2 years ago

Hi,

Baywatch for me was the series I was watching as a child despite being in Greece, (yes baywatch is very famous in Greece..) I was born in a family which operates games for a leaving and I was always looking to buy a baywatch pinball or whatever was on the TV when I was a child.., once I did I realized how awsome was the 192x64 display.. I was lucky with my first pick because the cabinet is amazing and only a few fixes were enough for having a perfect working machine!

A month ago I bought my second one, firstly I ordered the XLED colorDMD and some parts for the repair, the pin is ready but I am going to need a decal job, could anyone help me with the file? I will always be ready to return the favor once I can..

IMG_4578 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_4578 (1) (resized).jpegbaywatch (resized).jpgbaywatch (resized).jpgbaywatch2 (resized).jpgbaywatch2 (resized).jpg
#4109 2 years ago
Quoted from funworldgr:

Hi,
Baywatch for me was the series I was watching as a child despite being in Greece, (yes baywatch is very famous in Greece..) I was born in a family which operates games for a leaving and I was always looking to buy a baywatch pinball or whatever was on the TV when I was a child.., once I did I realized how awsome was the 192x64 display.. I was lucky with my first pick because the cabinet is amazing and only a few fixes were enough for having a perfect working machine!
A month ago I bought my second one, firstly I ordered the XLED colorDMD and some parts for the repair, the pin is ready but I am going to need a decal job, could anyone help me with the file? I will always be ready to return the favor once I can..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wish I could help with the decal, but welcome to the club.

#4110 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Can you use regular LED replacements in SEGA pins, or do you need to use non-ghosting?? Getting ready to replace all bulbs and that's a heft investment.....
Also, has anyone lit the two plastics mounted onto the back of the black metal standing bracket above the pops? Want to do that but not sure if there is clearance to but washers behind the plastics to make room for an led strip, or necessary to cut squares out of the metal itself??

I don't know if it was completely necessary, but I used non-ghosting Comet LEDs all way around. I had a particular that was not a non-ghosting in the lifeguard stand and it looked bad. I had to replace with another Comet.

#4111 2 years ago

welcome aboard..
i am also from Greece, and i am very glad to meet another one pinsider from my country.

#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from funworldgr:

I am going to need a decal job, could anyone help me with the file?

Decals are available for Baywatch. A little expensive at $225, but it would probably cost you well over that in time and aggravation making your own, and I bet they wouldn't look as good.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/baywatch-sega-pinball-cabinet-decals/

#4113 2 years ago

Hello and greetings from Sweden. I’m new to the club. How do you change the two flashers in the back of the PF? The two that are stuck in the cabinet. There’s two screws below but once I unscrew them I still couldn’t get the thing off? Should I just pull the black thing off with some muscle power?

Another question about the pin2dmd, is it correct that not everything is colored? Or is there a newer version available perhaps? Squid bumpers and credits are a solid one color. Thanks!

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Decals are available for Baywatch. A little expensive at $225, but it would probably cost you well over that in time and aggravation making your own, and I bet they wouldn't look as good.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/baywatch-sega-pinball-cabinet-decals/

It’s not about the money. I could pay for a file but not for a print because I if something goes wrong while applying the decal or while you are moving the machine you could reprint it.

#4115 2 years ago
Quoted from DrGonzo:

Hello and greetings from Sweden. I’m new to the club. How do you change the two flashers in the back of the PF? The two that are stuck in the cabinet. There’s two screws below but once I unscrew them I still couldn’t get the thing off? Should I just pull the black thing off with some muscle power?

Afternoon DrGonzo,
Pinball_Nate and I gave our advise in these two posts linked below. I hope this is helpful, sorry that neither of us had pictures. Another user also suggested installing LEDs so you hopefully don't have to deal with them again. I believe other users have opted to pull the staples holding the black plastic cover that the lights are housed in and then replaced the top staples with screws. I choose to deal with the tiny square holes under the back box as my method. Off of Pinside I remember stumbling across someone's amazing blog about their Baywatch repair and service log...If you can find it it was incredibly helpful to me at the time I was servicing mine.

Side note: If your upper control gate works the orbit is sinfully fun to hit on this game, and the three skill shots are a always entertaining. it was worth the effort to get mine working.
Good luck and welcome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/83#post-6664254

#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from funworldgr:

It’s not about the money. I could pay for a file but not for a print because I if something goes wrong while applying the decal or while you are moving the machine you could reprint it.

Except...most people don't own a large format specialty printer (and specialty ink & vinyl wrap stock) required for a job like this one, so it's not like, oops - let me just print another one! The decals are fairly easy to install even if you've never done it before (you could also hire someone local to do it if you're really worried about it).

#4117 2 years ago
Quoted from DrGonzo:

Another question about the pin2dmd, is it correct that not everything is colored? Or is there a newer version available perhaps? Squid bumpers and credits are a solid one color. Thanks!

Yes you are correct, there are many scenes that were not colored in the Pin2dmd effort. With recent advancements in their editor, though, I believe most of them now could be colored, but it would still take a fairly large effort to complete. For the most part, ColorDMD has all the scenes colored, but it even has a few minor errors in a couple of scenes.

#4118 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Yes you are correct, there are many scenes that were not colored in the Pin2dmd effort. With recent advancements in their editor, though, I believe most of them now could be colored, but it would still take a fairly large effort to complete. For the most part, ColorDMD has all the scenes colored, but it even has a few minor errors in a couple of scenes.

I've put ColorDMDs in several machines (including Baywatch) and am always impressed with their colorizations. I haven't noticed any errors but am not saying they don't exist. I recently tried my first Pin2dmd in a World Cup Soccer and am thoroughly unimpressed. There are very few scenes or frames that don't have major errors and it isn't at all consistent in the colorization. ColorDMD is a commercial product that is professionally colorized and consistently recommendable. Pin2DMD is a product that is similarly capable but is colorized by the community of users with widely varying results. Personally I'll continue to use the ColorDMD and put my money into the people that colorize them so well and bring the animations to life.

#4119 2 years ago

Well, I was in the middle of shopping my machine, when lo and behold, I noticed some crispy burns at the flipper control unit on the MPU and the Playfield Power Board also had a burn at the end of a fuse holder - although the fuse didn't blow!? (it's the correct amp also!).

So weird that I never noticed either a smell, or that the machine wasn't working!?!?!

URgh!

#4120 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Except...most people don't own a large format specialty printer (and specialty ink & vinyl wrap stock) required for a job like this one, so it's not like, oops - let me just print another one! The decals are fairly easy to install even if you've never done it before (you could also hire someone local to do it if you're really worried about it).

We are printing on a profesional machine and we are applying stickers on our own. Just today we finished the same job on our twilight machine. applying decals the right way isnt always that simple.
1. striping machine,
2. cover any holes or broken wood with stucco and then varnish spray to make it smooth
3. prepare the surface with a sandpaper in case you remove the original decals.

then something goes wrong with the decal and Voilà!! 230€ of the decals need to repaid for a reprint..

If my research doesnt comeup with something I will try using my good baywatch to make a copy using a photographer and a graphic designer.

IMG_4705 (resized).jpegIMG_4705 (resized).jpegIMG_4707 (resized).jpegIMG_4707 (resized).jpeg
#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I've put ColorDMDs in several machines (including Baywatch) and am always impressed with their colorizations. I haven't noticed any errors but am not saying they don't exist.

I also have ColorDMDs in most of my machines. I wouldn't keep buying them if I didn't think they put out a fantastic product. The errors I have noticed in Baywatch occur during 2 scenes. One of them is the match sequence. It doesn't happen every time but usually when the girls are bouncing at the end of the scene - there are multiple pixels that are white and should be fleshtone or red - stands out like a sore thumb to me. They must have missed several sprites - easy to do when coloring 1000's and 1000's of them. The other one is the water ski video scene (and again it doesn't happen every time) - there is one frame where the water skier is not colored near the beginning of the scene. Like I said b4, these are minor errors but I still hope they fix them in an update someday.

Quoted from funworldgr:

We are printing on a profesional machine and we are applying stickers on our own.

Okay, you're lucky to have access to a professional printer - most people do not and graphics printing companies usually don't want to waste their time printing one-zees and two-zees. I don't think you're going to have any luck finding any high resolution files of this artwork though. If you have access to a large format flatbed scanner, it might be worth paying $225 for the decals and having them scanned at 300 dpi minimum.

#4123 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

One of them is the match sequence. It doesn't happen every time but usually when the girls are bouncing at the end of the scene - there are multiple pixels that are white and should be fleshtone or red

I thought those were tan lines!

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Like I said b4, these are minor errors but I still hope they fix them in an update someday.

Make sure you let ColorDMD and Eric Priepke know.

#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Make sure you let ColorDMD and Eric Priepke know.

I did talk to Eric via email as well as Randy Perlow & Chris Enright at ColorDMD. That was almost almost 2 years ago I think. Eric made a quick unsuccessful attempt to fix it, but I think he was already involved in other projects. Also, can't remember if he had access to an actual machine at the time either. If I remember correctly, I think he needs one to properly test changes.

Edit: It was actually closer to 3 years ago. The older you get, the faster it ticks away!

#4126 2 years ago

Anybody have a record of what side hex/spacer/standoff is on the exit of the left plastic ramp and how it's attached? One thing I didn't take a photo of on my teardown.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody have a record of what side hex/spacer/standoff is on the exit of the left plastic ramp and how it's attached? One thing I didn't take a photo of on my teardown.

Sorry I typed in the wrong thread

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Thank god for the Pinside Shopout Image library that I often times forget exists.

Shoutout to Pinsider Marc whoever that is for uploading some very thoughtful images.

#4129 2 years ago

Hi guys, i am in the club for quite some time now. My game had a few quirky issues, like Display showing weird graphics artifacts. The game eating shooter lane switches. The flippers being too weak... and so on...

Anyway now its done, and I also made those ramps a bit more appealing... The factory gold?!? What were they thinking, when they chose this color?!

Usually I am not a fan of DE/Sega. But I have to admit, it's one of their better games.

6BA9B664-B692-453A-A702-357A6A7C7003 (resized).jpeg6BA9B664-B692-453A-A702-357A6A7C7003 (resized).jpeg
#4130 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

The factory gold?!? What were they thinking, when they chose this color?!

Mine are all blue because I think it blends well with the background, but I can dig the multi-color scene you have there, too.

#4131 2 years ago

Shopping my BW, I have never seen those half-post sleeves disintegrate when removing them!! I don't think this playfield has ever been taken apart! These are no longer rubber but rigid plastic. Originals were black, I kept seeing black pieces of plastic breaking and sliding down the playfield, now I know what it was..........opted for dark blue sleeves, looks nice.

Some posts with the full-length sleeve I can't even remove, they must have really shrunk down in size once they start drying out.

Will be a huge difference in play once I get this thing tuned up.

Are LED flashers ok to use on SEGA? There are some in impossibly hard areas, one beneath the life-gaurd tower that really need an LED so they never go bad anytime soon......

Word of caution, if installing the shark hole cliffy, be aware that there's a very good reason one of the screws holding the vuk (they screw from the bottom upwards) has a washer around it, this screw points directly upwards behind the upper left flipper, there's a small "canal" carved into the playfield there, and a screw without washer will go right up into the top of the pf. Doh!

#4132 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Shopping my BW, I have never seen those half-post sleeves disintegrate when removing them!! I don't think this playfield has ever been taken apart! These are no longer rubber but rigid plastic. Originals were black, I kept seeing black pieces of plastic breaking and sliding down the playfield, now I know what it was..........opted for dark blue sleeves, looks nice.
Some posts with the full-length sleeve I can't even remove, they must have really shrunk down in size once they start drying out.
Will be a huge difference in play once I get this thing tuned up.
Are LED flashers ok to use on SEGA? There are some in impossibly hard areas, one beneath the life-gaurd tower that really need an LED so they never go bad anytime soon......
Word of caution, if installing the shark hole cliffy, be aware that there's a very good reason one of the screws holding the vuk (they screw from the bottom upwards) has a washer around it, this screw points directly upwards behind the upper left flipper, there's a small "canal" carved into the playfield there, and a screw without washer will go right up into the top of the pf. Doh!

Mine disintegrated as well, couldn't believe I was the first one in there changing 'em out. I had to put some in hot water to remove off the post as well they were so tight.

#4133 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to find ramp decals? High quality scan for print or to buy... I can't find them anywhere.

#4135 2 years ago

Long shot but if anybody has a coin door for Baywatch or some other Sega Big DMD game, let me know. I'm interested!

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Long shot but if anybody has a coin door for Baywatch or some other Sega Big DMD game, let me know. I'm interested!

What kind of condition are you looking for? I have the original export door from my Baywatch. It's a little rought, I'll PM you a couple pics.

#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Anyone else having issues reaching the Rampomatic site?
New ramps are up on Ramp-o-magit!
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-baywatch-large-ramp
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-baywatch-small-ramp

What issues are you having? Is the page not loading? Seems to be loading fine over here. Shoot me a PM if you continue to have issues and I can get you taken care of.

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Anyone else having issues reaching the Rampomatic site?
New ramps are up on Ramp-o-magit!
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-baywatch-large-ramp
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-baywatch-small-ramp

Try Firefox and see if that works.
For Apple Mac users, operating system software that needs updated will not open some sites.

#4140 2 years ago

I get the following on my PC

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4141 2 years ago

And the following on iPhone.

AF3E13D3-733A-4248-913D-763130C39FB6 (resized).jpegAF3E13D3-733A-4248-913D-763130C39FB6 (resized).jpeg
#4142 2 years ago

I'll give Firefox a try later, need to install. Thanks for the suggestion.

#4143 2 years ago

I just tried it and the Rampomatic site does load from my IPad, however and I used the link you posted. I love Safari, but I also hate Safari.

#4144 2 years ago

Did you type it in a rampomatic.com, or www.rampomatic.com? I ran the www.rampomatic.com through geopeeker and it shows the web site working through various places around the world. I am hosted via Shopify, so there could be something going on from them targeting your geographic area. Also make sure you type in www.rampomatic.com and not just rampomatic.com...i've had some sites act like this when I didn't use the www in front of it.

#4145 2 years ago

I'm currently shopping my Baywatch. When I tried pulling one of the stapple from the back panel with the 2 flashers, the entire thing came off, along with the glass channel. The panel was broken in half and I notice the harness was going behind that panel (like this) when I got the game. Is that how it's supposed to be in the first place? Seems to me that could be the cause of the broken panel.

panel (resized).jpgpanel (resized).jpg
#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I'm currently shopping my Baywatch. When I tried pulling one of the stapple from the back panel with the 2 flashers, the entire thing came off, along with the glass channel. The panel was broken in half and I notice the harness was going behind that panel (like this) when I got the game. Is that how it's supposed to be in the first place? Seems to me that could be the cause of the broken panel.[quoted image]

The bottom is screwed to the back and the top is stapled.

#4147 2 years ago

The wires just hang down not behide that like it was ,remember when the head goes up and down they have too move with it

#4148 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

The wires just hang down not behide that like it was ,remember when the head goes up and down they have too move with it

Yeah that's what I thought. So the orange wire that connect the flashers (shown on my picture), it's not supposed to be in that "Tube" right? Does it hang down directly from the backbox center hole into the panel with the flashers?

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Yeah that's what I thought. So the orange wire that connect the flashers (shown on my picture), it's not supposed to be in that "Tube" right? Does it hang down directly from the backbox center hole into the panel with the flashers?

I will check in my game let u know

#4150 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I can't pull out my Baywatch too have a good look right now it's blocked in with others I am working on but from the coin door it looks like the two black wire feeds one is on one side and the other on the other side ,and I can see just a bit of the wires going too the flashers on the left side ,I don't think any wires run though the middle cutout ,shouldn't be hope this helps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.