IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Seems to only happen in the right lane and it's not always based on kicking out of the VUK. Maybe it thinks it's being booted from the shark hole..

If the ball drains out the right with enough speed, it will go past the drain and into the subway scoop on the left. From there, the game will kick it into the trough but, since it didn’t register a drain, it will give the ball back.

#4052 2 years ago

All of these are very good ideas, I'll have to look closer at what's happening, as it seems to happen beyond all the circumstances ya'll have mentioned.

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I keep getting ball saves off the right drain, I think its happening mostly when I am supposed to be shooting at the shark targets, any way to disable this?

Yeah, I've been wondering why ball save sometimes happens during any part of play. A lot. It doesn't seem to be tied to a particular mode so it must be the Shark kick out, I'll pay more attention. Maybe this is something that Chad can tweak in his code? I sent him a message about it.

#4054 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yeah, I've been wondering why ball save sometimes happens during any part of play. A lot. It doesn't seem to be tied to a particular mode so it must be the Shark kick out, I'll pay more attention. Maybe this is something that Chad can tweak in his code? I sent him a message about it.

I just wish there was an indicator of when the shark kick out ball save is active but it's always a pleasant surprise when I drain and get the free ball save.

#4055 2 years ago

I know shark kick out happens but it's happening to me a LOT off the right drain, kind of kills it for me. I'll try to track it more as well and maybe we can harass Chad about it.

#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I know shark kick out happens but it's happening to me a LOT off the right drain, kind of kills it for me. I'll try to track it more as well and maybe we can harass Chad about it.

I don't have any issues like that. So if there is something weird happening, it's likely machine specific and not a problem with Chad's code itself.

#4057 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I don't have any issues like that. So if there is something weird happening, it's likely machine specific and not a problem with Chad's code itself.

I agree. I get the ball saves but only as a result of Shark kick outs or Laser Kick that drain almost immediately.
I’d check all the switches carefully , maybe something flaky going on in the switch matrix.

#4058 2 years ago

Sounds good, thanks for the feedback all!

#4059 2 years ago

Chad is aware of this.

Quoted from isJ:

It’s not an really an issue. The time for ball saves just needs to be dialed down slightly.

#4060 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Chad is aware of this.

Chad says, "If I recall correctly, there is a ball save associated with the Laser Kick on the lower left. That was always there but was slightly increased with my update from like 2 seconds to 3 seconds. "

#4061 2 years ago

If the consensus is that the increased timer on the Laser Kick is too long, I can fix this and return it to its original timing.

But...

I'd like to do more! Over the years I have gotten many suggestions for further improvements and bug fixes for Baywatch that I would like to implement.

However, here is the problem... I do not own this game and like all code updates, I need to have the game in my possession.

Does anyone have a fully working Baywatch they can lend me? I am in Carpentersville, IL. Bonus points if you can drop it off at my house.

Your game would be put into my nice finished basement during the code update process. I'd need it for several months.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does anyone have a fully working Baywatch they can lend me? I am in Carpentersville, IL

Pinside creeping shows that Danimal551 , Cjenkin75 , gweempose , waldo34 , and RazerX have a Baywatch in and around Chicago. Any of you up for it?! I'm a contributor toward's Chad's time if we can get him a game to work on and make Baywatch even better!

#4063 2 years ago

Why complain about randam ball saves? I need them, ya'll.

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Why complain about randam ball saves? I need them, ya'll.

PLAY BETTER!PLAY BETTER!

#4065 2 years ago

Can someone drop off a Baywatch at Chad’s house? o.O

#4066 2 years ago

I would be happy to lend you mine if there is any way for transport to be arranged.

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If the consensus is that the increased timer on the Laser Kick is too long, I can fix this and return it to its original timing.
But...
I'd like to do more! Over the years I have gotten many suggestions for further improvements and bug fixes for Baywatch that I would like to implement.
However, here is the problem... I do not own this game and like all code updates, I need to have the game in my possession.
Does anyone have a fully working Baywatch they can lend me? I am in

But...
Does anyone have a fully working Baywatch they can lend me? I am in Carpentersville, IL. Bonus points if you can drop it off at my house.
Your game would be put into my nice finished basement during the code update process. I'd need it for several months.

Well this sucks, i just sold my Baywatch at expo today. It would have been perfect too since i also live in carpentersville. If i can ever help in any other way, i would be happy to since we live close.

#4068 2 years ago

Happy to have just joined the club!
There are a few broken and a few missing plastics on mine. Does anybody have a spare ball launch cover plastic? Or better yet, is anybody hoarding one of the repro sets that were pressed a while back?

#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

There are a few broken and a few missing plastics on mine. Does anybody have a spare ball launch cover plastic? Or better yet, is anybody hoarding one of the repro sets that were pressed a while back?

The boat plastic has been made. I can maybe look way back in my PM's to find the maker. It was like a one-off thing

EDIT - found it - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/00421-baywatch-3-bank-drop-plastic-830-5475-10
Edit again - whoops that's the usually broken 3 drop target sailboat plastic

I believe he was also making the Boat launch plastic though.

#4070 2 years ago

Its not a sailboat.. its a schooner.

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Its not a sailboat.. its a schooner.

Ha! You dumb bastard!

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I believe he was also making the Boat launch plastic though.

Yeah I got in touch with Pinball Haus over eBay. Turns out shipping plastics to the states these days is prohibitively expensive for just one plastic. Been trying to figure out if it's worth getting a whole repro set from PinballCenter in Germany but their shipping scenarios seem funky.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Yeah I got in touch with Pinball Haus over eBay. Turns out shipping plastics to the states these days is prohibitively expensive for just one plastic. Been trying to figure out if it's worth getting a whole repro set from PinballCenter in Germany but their shipping scenarios seem funky.

If they don't ship to US, ship them to me, i'll forward them for you.

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I bought that set a while back, it is not real bad but also not real good. The colors are of. Deeper blue. If you do not have other options then this is probably the best there is. But you can not do one plastic since then your color will be way off.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I bought that set a while back, it is not real bad but also not real good. The colors are of. Deeper blue. If you do not have other options then this is probably the best there is. But you can not do one plastic since then your color will be way off.

You're talking about the ones from "Pinball.Center" or the one boat launch plastic available on Pinside from Pinball Haus?

My understanding is that the one from Pinball.Center in Germany is just stock that was bought from RestoRefurbs when they did their full package of decals, alternative translites (which are all howlingly funny/grotesque) and plastic sets as they normally do but I could be wrong. I've heard generally speaking that their products are more often than not, darker than they should be, but hey, beggars can't be choosers or so they tell me.

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

PinballCenter don’t have a great reputation here for quality - colours and details often off.
If it’s the only option then ok but just be aware. I have had stuff from them over the years, some ok , some unacceptable.

#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I guess I got lucky last year. I had to get a new "schooner" plastic from Pinball Haus and it was a good match. I ended up buying some stickers to because why not. Shipping was surprisingly cheap. It did take awhile though.

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If they don't ship to US, ship them to me, i'll forward them for you.

This guy is what pinball should be all about!

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I used to make these and was able to find one of my early test pieces. PM me if you are still looking.

4315B2F6-A591-4635-8516-00E8F1B178D1 (resized).jpeg4315B2F6-A591-4635-8516-00E8F1B178D1 (resized).jpegAADCFCEC-4DDC-4252-9DA4-2AD802BBAD13 (resized).jpegAADCFCEC-4DDC-4252-9DA4-2AD802BBAD13 (resized).jpeg
#4080 2 years ago

So I'm sure this has been addressed before, but how do you change out the 2 bulbs in the flashers above the playfield near the backbox?

#4081 2 years ago

Hey club members! Got a couple quick questions for the club. I’m borrowing a Baywatch for a week and I’m having trouble with 2 settings.

1. I can’t find a way to disable the ball save. Am I missing something or does this game actually not have a way to disable it?

2. In addition to the normal 5 seconds or so ball save, I’ve noticed a few times the game is giving my ball back. Is this a glitch?

3. Shark Flips setting. I’ve changed it several tiles but can’t dial it in. Is there a magic number to use for Shark Flips to be more accurate?

Note - running Chad’s custom code.

#4082 2 years ago

Baywatch owners- I am looking for a set of donor ramps to reproduce for this game if someone is interested in helping.

The donor would need to be located in the USA and send me their ramps with as much still attached to them as possible, but bare ramps can work also if you have some sitting around. Cracks are okay, but missing sections of plastic create problems for me if I don't know where the holes are.

Once I have the new ramps made, I send back a new set of ramps with all the original parts attached for fitting back in your machine. The key here is I need the donor to reinstall and give me feedback in a timely manner. I've had some projects delayed significantly when the donor disappears after I send them new parts for fitting.

If this is something of interest to you, please shoot me a PM.

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hey club members! Got a couple quick questions for the club. I’m borrowing a Baywatch for a week and I’m having trouble with 2 settings.
1. I can’t find a way to disable the ball save. Am I missing something or does this game actually not have a way to disable it?
2. In addition to the normal 5 seconds or so ball save, I’ve noticed a few times the game is giving my ball back. Is this a glitch?
3. Shark Flips setting. I’ve changed it several tiles but can’t dial it in. Is there a magic number to use for Shark Flips to be more accurate?

Yea ball save is very generous. Ball save also activates out of shark kick out.

I disabled my shark flip because I couldn't get it to work (set delay to 99). Strange enough it did work before the code update.

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I have mine set on 4, and it is successful about 60-70% of the time. That's about all you can hope for on a feature like this that is at the mercy of ball entry speed. The setting will vary from machine to machine mostly due to trigger switch gap and flipper condition, so a setting of 4 on my machine might be a good starting point for you, but you will have to dial in the perfect setting for yours. If you find that the shot is difficult to dial in or all over the map, I would do a total rebuild of the shark flipper.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I have mine set on 4, and it is successful about 60-70% of the time.

Same here.

#4086 2 years ago

Agree. It’s no better or worse than Thing Flips on TAF. I don’t really see the point of either tbh just a bit of a gimmick

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Agree. It’s no better or worse than Thing Flips on TAF. I don’t really see the point of either tbh just a bit of a gimmick

Shark flips should give the next shark award.

#4088 2 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:So I'm sure this has been addressed before, but how do you change out the 2 bulbs in the flashers above the playfield near the backbox?

Right or wrong I was able to do it with the backbox folded down and squeezing my hands/tools through the square hole. Sorry I can’t remember better, make sure you have a magnetic wand for all the times you drop stuff into the cabinet.

#4089 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Running Chad’s code as well, my Shark Flipper is set to 1 and is successful about 50% of the time. Like posted earlier…ball will affect the shots chance.

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Shark flips should give the next shark award.

I understand the award , I meant that it’s so unreliable I’d rather flip myself Certainly on my TAF I could hit the swamp almost every time whereas Thing Flips was considerably less accurate.

#4091 2 years ago

I disabled shark flip, as it had a tendency to send the ball out of control after a missed shot and usually right down the outlane...

I'm running Chad's code as well, and it seemingly got worse after throwing in the new rom a couple years ago (NOT A KNOCK ON CHAD, IN ANY WAY...). Of course, that was AFTER probably a thousand or so games from it being thoroughly cleaned.

I'm due for a full shop again (as my skill shot gate is getting wonky, and I have yet to figure out how to get to the coil that controls it to give it a cleaning without pulling the ramps). As I recall, when I fully cleaned everything after initially getting the game, the shark flip worked roughly 80%. After I get around to shopping the game, I'll turn it back on and see if it's better.

#4093 2 years ago

Like others have mentioned, Shark Flip is a gimmick. Always has been, always will be. Consider yourself lucky if it makes the shot 50% of the time. I added the option to disable it for those who never liked it.

Also, if it helps, there are tips on how to adjust it at the bottom of the Baywatch Guide on my web page.

https://www.pinballcode.com/bw401

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Shark Flip is a gimmick.

I have often referred to those who flip games for a huge profit as sharks.

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I added the option to disable it for those who never liked it.

Interesting, I've only ever played Baywatch with your code revision. I didn't realise that you added that adjustment. Well done!

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Like others have mentioned, Shark Flip is a gimmick. Always has been, always will be. Consider yourself lucky if it makes the shot 50% of the time. I added the option to disable it for those who never liked it.
Also, if it helps, there are tips on how to adjust it at the bottom of the Baywatch Guide on my web page.
https://www.pinballcode.com/bw401

And that option is HUGELY appreciated in this game! Before, I'd have to remember to hold the shark flipper up so it would (hopefully) roll over to the left flipper for a trap or dead bounce, instead of the game firing it wildly when it was a shark flip enabled event. Just having it OFF is so much better, especially for tournament play.

#4097 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hi Guys,
i am having issues with my shooterlane switch. It frequently fails. I own the game for about 10 month and already replaced this switch 5 times.
Today I replaced it twice in a row... The last switch survived about 2 month until it failed today. I replaced it, just to find out it broke 2 games later again...
I tried different parts from different vendors, just to be sure I haven't received faulty parts. But no luck...
A few pages ago some Pinsiders were mentioning similar problems. What is the solution? I want to finally fix it, without having to replace it every few weeks...
My game also started having issues with my automatic Shark Flip. It flips, but misses the ball every time. Like the delay is too long. I tried different "Shark Flipper Control" adjustments. But no matter how i set it, 0-98 the delay is always the same like the adjustment does no longer take any affect. The ball either rolls past the flipper or it only hits it wit the tip.
I replaced the switch just to be sure, but still the same behavior. Also a factory reset by removing the batteries didn't help.
Anyone has an idea what to check next?
Tanks in advance.
[quoted image]

I posted a fix for this on page 80 of the thread

2 weeks later
#4098 2 years ago

The next ramp set coming up is going to make a lot of folks happy! Sega Baywatch ramps are due to land in the middle of December. Pre-production photos shown. Sign up for stock notifications here:
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-baywatch-large-ramp

And here:
https://rampomatic.com/products/sega-baywatch-small-ramp

20211124_213531 (resized).jpg20211124_213531 (resized).jpg
#4099 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The next ramp set coming up is going to make a lot of folks happy! Sega Baywatch ramps are due to land in the middle of December. Pre-production photos shown. Sign up for stock notifications here:
And here:
[quoted image]

Now I can sell my Baywatch for a stupid amount of money!

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And here:
[quoted image]

Signed up to be notified as soon as they are available. Buying a set so I have them on hand just incase mine get any worse (I love my Baywatch), and to support you for being willing to make them for us. Now we need to find someone to make replica ramp decals. A replacement subway would be awesome some day when you can handle a mold that size Happy to donate mine when the time comes.
You are the best!
-Lb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/82?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.