IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 103.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Someone found a tiny surfboard at a flea market (on a matchbox size car) and put it in the guard tower. Sadly I have been looking for one ever since. Let me find the post.
Edit: Post #62

Etsy has no shortage of small surfboards. These are 4" long:

il_1588xN.1490149697_loks (resized).jpgil_1588xN.1490149697_loks (resized).jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/584093074/mini-surfboards?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_all&utm_custom1=_k_b00f13f6f20d102836a072c4d9a4f5a8_k_&utm_content=bing_319339186_1310617986645934_81913644654434_pla-4585513245482005:pla-4585513245482005_c__584093074&utm_custom2=319339186&msclkid=b00f13f6f20d102836a072c4d9a4f5a8

#4002 2 years ago

I saw on ebay there is some people selling match box baywatch vehicles, helicopter, truck, atv and ambulance. Would be cool to somehow put them in the game above the appropriate targets and make the helicopter blades spin.

ebay.com link: itm

#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I saw on ebay there is some people selling match box baywatch vehicles, helicopter, truck, atv and ambulance. Would be cool to somehow put them in the game above the appropriate targets and make the helicopter blades spin.

I have those at home, but haven't opened them up yet. I have been meaning to install the helicopter over the pops area. I will see if I can motivate myself tonight and get something done.

40 year old virgin meme (resized).jpg40 year old virgin meme (resized).jpg

#4004 2 years ago

Nice! Those little surfboards look good, and the scale seem like any of them would work. I like the price and look of the ones on the van, I might have to take the plunge and hope they are removable. The blue one are also nice, and would be the easiest to install...decisions decisions.

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Some how I managed to not take a single picture till I put the glass back on. Coat hanger, hand cut lexan, orange zip ties, and a fresh washer. It shakes a little when I hit the vuk shot or brick it. The propellers will not spin and are super fragile, they practically broke just fanning them out (had to super glue them. The tail rotor had to also be super glued in place to keep it from sliding in. Overall I like it.
96DB08B3-4011-45A4-B377-B9477F830159 (resized).jpeg96DB08B3-4011-45A4-B377-B9477F830159 (resized).jpegBB8D7AFF-A4C8-4C77-B7B0-85ED877549F7 (resized).jpegBB8D7AFF-A4C8-4C77-B7B0-85ED877549F7 (resized).jpeg4F2FF7C4-61D5-4378-9360-0896AE91BC0E (resized).jpeg4F2FF7C4-61D5-4378-9360-0896AE91BC0E (resized).jpeg1A9C5050-7587-49AF-BE2C-12B64FECA3D8 (resized).jpeg1A9C5050-7587-49AF-BE2C-12B64FECA3D8 (resized).jpeg

#4007 2 years ago
20210904_084346 (resized).jpg20210904_084346 (resized).jpg
#4008 2 years ago

Can someone confirm a few things for me please.

I'm missing my upper cab trim the glass slides into. According to manual on Cabinet Parts Page this trim, "#27 Rear plastic Ext. Playfield glass" (see link below) is held on by "#28 Mounting Foam Rubber for Ext. " (see other link)

Does the link below seem like the correct trim, in an "F" shape?

Does yours have foam holding it on? My cab looks like it used to be stapled? See pic. Thanks

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5038-00

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5001-00

DSC01587 (resized).JPGDSC01587 (resized).JPG
#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Can someone confirm a few things for me please.
I'm missing my upper cab trim the glass slides into. According to manual on Cabinet Parts Page this trim, "#27 Rear plastic Ext. Playfield glass" (see link below) is held on by "#28 Mounting Foam Rubber for Ext. " (see other link)
Does the link below seem like the correct trim, in an "F" shape?
Does yours have foam holding it on? My cab looks like it used to be stapled? See pic. Thanks
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5038-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5001-00
[quoted image]

When I look at my Baywatch your manual doesn’t seem correct. My “F” rear plastic looks like it is stapled on as well and underneath the rear flashers plastic. As for the mounting foam rubber I think that is what is under my lock bar. I hope these pics help. Hopefully someone else can echo my findings or have better guidance.
Best,
-Lb

3B995584-7E37-40B2-8955-1B7D48CC0CAA (resized).jpeg3B995584-7E37-40B2-8955-1B7D48CC0CAA (resized).jpeg3F233AAD-14DF-4DA0-B41C-FB962A2711CD (resized).jpeg3F233AAD-14DF-4DA0-B41C-FB962A2711CD (resized).jpeg286B7257-F3BF-4854-8B26-D8FC90820394 (resized).jpeg286B7257-F3BF-4854-8B26-D8FC90820394 (resized).jpegC84D45CC-D287-4A02-9B42-8417C8DA9522 (resized).jpegC84D45CC-D287-4A02-9B42-8417C8DA9522 (resized).jpeg5B348FD6-EA2A-4A98-8049-73B74190E09D (resized).jpeg5B348FD6-EA2A-4A98-8049-73B74190E09D (resized).jpeg
#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

When I look at my Baywatch your manual doesn’t seem correct. My “F” rear plastic looks like it is stapled on as well and underneath the rear flashers plastic. As for the mounting foam rubber I think that is what is under my lock bar. I hope these pics help. Hopefully someone else can echo my findings or have better guidance.
Best,
-Lb
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Lb! I think staples are correct and the manual wrong as you said. Even when you look up the foam part # on marco in the description it says "Used under front molding (lockbar) on Data East / Sega/ and Stern pinball machines." ...Unless it is foamed and stapled maybe to help adhere and soak up impact when you slide the glass in? Either way thanks for confirming and pics!

#4011 2 years ago

I think staples are correct

I need to better attach mine, as well as the speaker panel/backglass moulding. What is the best stapler and staples to use? I have an air compressor but no staple gun.

#4012 2 years ago

cheap electric staple gun is handy to have around the house for a variety of reasons....

#4013 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I need to better attach mine, as well as the speaker panel/backglass moulding. What is the best stapler and staples to use? I have an air compressor but no staple gun.

I ended up using 3 of your typical 1/2" length #8 sheet metal screws to reattach mine after removing it to repair the flasher wiring. Seemed like a better option than re-stapling it so that I could remove it again later if needed.

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I ended up using 3 of your typical 1/2" length #8 sheet metal screws to reattach mine after removing it to repair the flasher wiring. Seemed like a better option than re-stapling it so that I could remove it again later if needed.

I like the serviceability of that! Do you remember if there was foam behind the trim or was it just against the wood? thanks

#4015 2 years ago

I like the serviceability of that! Do you remember if there was foam behind the trim or was it just against the wood? thanks

Pretty certain there was no foam. I don't actually see what purpose that would even serve.

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Pretty certain there was no foam. I don't actually see what purpose that would even serve.

Thanks for confirming!

#4017 2 years ago

Did anyone notice that after updating to chads code the game says "get the jackpot" more often? I updated it and it seems like mine is saying it more but maybe it always did it and I just now noticed it because I am paying more attention to it see the changes the chads code brings. Mine says it about every 10-15 seconds during multi ball unless your actually getting a jackpot.

#4018 2 years ago

How long does it take to boot up your Baywatch machine when it has been off for a day?
I just bought my machine and it can take up to 3 minutes to boot up when 'cold'.
The GI is on instantly, then the playfield lights will turn on into attract mode, eventually 'welcome to Baywatch' speech happens, and finally the lcd turns on.
Sometimes it will show the firmware version on and off during the startup animation (I installed Chads code).
I'm wondering if I need to replace all 9 caps on the power board.

#4019 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Did anyone notice that after updating to chads code the game says "get the jackpot" more often?

no.

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Did anyone notice that after updating to chads code the game says "get the jackpot" more often? I updated it and it seems like mine is saying it more but maybe it always did it and I just now noticed it because I am paying more attention to it see the changes the chads code brings. Mine says it about every 10-15 seconds during multi ball unless your actually getting a jackpot.

Yeah, kind of annoying :/

#4021 2 years ago
Quoted from SKORR_Arcades:

How long does it take to boot up your Baywatch machine when it has been off for a day?
I just bought my machine and it can take up to 3 minutes to boot up when 'cold'.
The GI is on instantly, then the playfield lights will turn on into attract mode, eventually 'welcome to Baywatch' speech happens, and finally the lcd turns on.
Sometimes it will show the firmware version on and off during the startup animation (I installed Chads code).
I'm wondering if I need to replace all 9 caps on the power board.

Does anyone in this Baywatch group own a Baywatch and know how long it takes to boot up when cold (off for at least a day)?

#4022 2 years ago

Does anyone in this Baywatch group own a Baywatch and know how long it takes to boot up when cold (off for at least a day)?

Mine boots in seconds....definitely not minutes

#4023 2 years ago

Mine boots in seconds....definitely not minutes

Same, I have Chad’s code and it can go from powering on to having a ball ready to plunge in 10-15 seconds max.

#4024 2 years ago

Less than 10 seconds…
Check your powersupply especially 5V. Replace caps when needed.

#4025 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Less than 10 seconds…
Check your powersupply especially 5V. Replace caps when needed.

Thank you everyone. I figured it wasn't right since my Stern and Williams dmd games boot quickly. Caps address on order. Thx

1 week later
#4026 2 years ago

Had the opportunity to make 2 of these including the lights and stand. Hooks into 12V dc +/- on board. If anyone is interested in the extra topper please let me know.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4027 2 years ago

Very cool topper, which I had the ceiling height for it!

What is it about Baywatch - The more I play it the more I like it. My other machines are #TWD , World Cup Soccer , and #star_trek_le. I have a Godzilla (Premium) on order. One of my machines needs to go in order to make room and it was going to be Baywatch, but I enjoy it too much! What is it about this game? It's corny, a little clunky, and WAY non-PC these days, but it keeps me entertained and coming back.

#4028 2 years ago

Very cool topper, which I had the ceiling height for it!
What is it about Baywatch - The more I play it the more I like it. My other machines are #TWD , World Cup Soccer , and Star Trek (Premium/LE). I have a Godzilla (Premium) on order. One of my machines needs to go in order to make room and it was going to be Baywatch, but I enjoy it too much! What is it about this game? It's corny, a little clunky, and WAY non-PC these days, but it keeps me entertained and coming back.

It’s a killer layout, great flow, 4 flippers, multiple ramps and wire forms,clever diverters, drop targets, trap door, 6 ball multi ball - the playfield is stacked ! Great big screen dots, decent rule set especially with Chads tweaked code .
Picked mine up cheap 10 years ago and it has out lasted many other titles

#4029 2 years ago

Sent pm about the extra topper, I am interested

#4030 2 years ago

I’m thinking about building up a Pin2Dmd. I just installed one I built up in my Lethal Weapon 3. The minimum order for the boards from PCBWay is five.

There is a great color file for Baywatch. Any four of you guys interested in sharing the cost for a board? The 128 x 32 boards ran $163 each plus shipping with LED panels. The larger boards are probably similar in cost.

If sharing an order interest you just PM me. It takes about eight weeks to get the product manufactured and shipped.

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Had the opportunity to make 2 of these including the lights and stand. Hooks into 12V dc +/- on board. If anyone is interested in the extra topper please let me know.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you find the baywatch can for sale somwhere or did you make it?

#4032 2 years ago

I made them

Quoted from fatality83:

Did you find the baywatch can for sale somwhere or did you make it?

#4033 2 years ago

Hey all, I had a few kids over playing some pinball a couple wks ago, I went down after and saw that my BW wouldn't plunge ball. I finally took a look at it tonight and I have ZERO coils working. The pin fires up fine and if I go through coil test i gots nuthin. I have checked every fuse (totally assuming something blew) nothing smoked anywhere I can see. Would there be like a 50v power supply someplace that went? the only coil that "barely" fired was the auto flip on the shark flipper...

#4034 2 years ago

I think it got it figured. I think the coin door interconnect switch wasn’t enabling power. Usually it says on screen high power disabled, but it wasn’t.

Seems good to go.

Edit: BONUS side effect. My plunger is the most powerful it’s been in like a year. It moving ball out of lane great

#4035 2 years ago

man what a rad game! played on location today with my GF, and she loved it. I love the game. wish I had one! honestly it is top 10 for playfield layout ever. such fun. so much going on. I'm lucky to have a great example of this game on location, because I don't think I'll ever find one to buy. seems like they're keepers for everyone here in CA.

great theme, great music, great art. nothing to dislike! If anyone ever wants to sell theirs, please hit me up!

cheers!

Hog

#4036 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Edit: BONUS side effect. My plunger is the most powerful it’s been in like a year. It moving ball out of lane great

Interesting, so the interconnect switch just wasn't being fully engaged by the closed coin door?

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Interesting, so the interconnect switch just wasn't being fully engaged by the closed coin door?

Only a theory as I was messing around, there was a ball left in shooter lane when the kids left. So the coil fired to get ball up there then nothing. I thought for sure, launch button broke or wire broke off plunger coil. Then during testing last night I had the door open to use the service buttons, didn't even think at the time to close door while doing coil tests. nothing fired, i tested the fuses and checked everything, wiggled some shit. put it all back together to say fuck it 'till another day, I closed it up and did a coil test and they all fired. wtf... but then I realized the High power cut off didn't display on screen when I had originally opened door. I poked the two buttons that door pushes in a few times. So.,.. maybe all fine.

1 week later
#4038 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

i am having issues with my shooterlane switch. It frequently fails. I own the game for about 10 month and already replaced this switch 5 times.
Today I replaced it twice in a row... The last switch survived about 2 month until it failed today. I replaced it, just to find out it broke 2 games later again...
I tried different parts from different vendors, just to be sure I haven't received faulty parts. But no luck...
A few pages ago some Pinsiders were mentioning similar problems. What is the solution? I want to finally fix it, without having to replace it every few weeks...

My game also started having issues with my automatic Shark Flip. It flips, but misses the ball every time. Like the delay is too long. I tried different "Shark Flipper Control" adjustments. But no matter how i set it, 0-98 the delay is always the same like the adjustment does no longer take any affect. The ball either rolls past the flipper or it only hits it wit the tip.
I replaced the switch just to be sure, but still the same behavior. Also a factory reset by removing the batteries didn't help.
Anyone has an idea what to check next?

Tanks in advance.

IMG_0452 (resized).jpgIMG_0452 (resized).jpg
#4039 2 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hi Guys,
i am having issues with my shooterlane switch. It frequently fails. I own the game for about 10 month and already replaced this switch 5 times.
Today I replaced it twice in a row... The last switch survived about 2 month until it failed today. I replaced it, just to find out it broke 2 games later again...
I tried different parts from different vendors, just to be sure I haven't received faulty parts. But no luck...
A few pages ago some Pinsiders were mentioning similar problems. What is the solution? I want to finally fix it, without having to replace it every few weeks...
My game also started having issues with my automatic Shark Flip. It flips, but misses the ball every time. Like the delay is too long. I tried different "Shark Flipper Control" adjustments. But no matter how i set it, 0-98 the delay is always the same like the adjustment does no longer take any affect. The ball either rolls past the flipper or it only hits it wit the tip.
I replaced the switch just to be sure, but still the same behavior. Also a factory reset by removing the batteries didn't help.
Anyone has an idea what to check next?
Tanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Dont think thats the correct switch.

#4040 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Only a theory as I was messing around, there was a ball left in shooter lane when the kids left. So the coil fired to get ball up there then nothing. I thought for sure, launch button broke or wire broke off plunger coil. Then during testing last night I had the door open to use the service buttons, didn't even think at the time to close door while doing coil tests. nothing fired, i tested the fuses and checked everything, wiggled some shit. put it all back together to say fuck it 'till another day, I closed it up and did a coil test and they all fired. wtf... but then I realized the High power cut off didn't display on screen when I had originally opened door. I poked the two buttons that door pushes in a few times. So.,.. maybe all fine.

There is a one minute fix thread where the fix should have taken one minute, but ended up way longer. You got one here.

#4041 2 years ago

I don't know but my shooter was acting weird for a little after I lit the trough. Every once and a while I would here the upkicker fire followed by the shooter coils. It would do it randomly at times turning game play. Tested all switches and they were registering ok. Wiped off the optos and the problem seems to have gone away. Not sure if a piece of my dogs hair got on the opto or what. These games can be confusing sometimes how fussy they can be. Good luck with your fix.

#4042 2 years ago

Would somebody by any chance know if the decal on the auto launcher is available for purchase anywhere? I can find pretty much any other decal just not that one. Anyway - thank you!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Would somebody by any chance know if the decal on the auto launcher is available for purchase anywhere? I can find pretty much any other decal just not that one. Anyway - thank you!
[quoted image]

I tried google image searches, ebay searches, google word searches...and ultimately this combo "Baywatch pinball surfer decal scan" gave me a result! Luckily it is right back here on Pinside, this place is the best.

Link to the posts is below. I hope this helps, and you have access to a color printer.
-Lb

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decal-reproduction-help-for-unavailable-baywatch-vuk-surfer#post-6206511

#4044 2 years ago

Fantastic! Thank you so much - this will work great!

Quoted from SirMachismo:

I tried google image searches, ebay searches, google word searches...and ultimately this combo "Baywatch pinball surfer decal scan" gave me a result! Luckily it is right back here on Pinside, this place is the best.
Link to the posts is below. I hope this helps, and you have access to a color printer.
-Lb
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/decal-reproduction-help-for-unavailable-baywatch-vuk-surfer#post-6206511

#4045 2 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Fantastic! Thank you so much - this will work great!

Hey, that's me that started that thread! Another Pinsider ended up printing my scan for me and sent me 2 decals. I'll send you the other for $5? That's 1/2 of what I paid.

#4046 2 years ago

That would be wonderful! Thank you so much - sending you PM...

Hey, that's me that started that thread! Another Pinsider ended up printing my scan for me and sent me 2 decals. I'll send you the other for $5? That's 1/2 of what I paid.

#4047 2 years ago

I keep getting ball saves off the right drain, I think its happening mostly when I am supposed to be shooting at the shark targets, any way to disable this?

#4048 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

keep getting ball saves off the right drain, I think its happening mostly when I am supposed to be shooting at the shark targets, any way to disable this?

My guess is that its the ball save for when the ball kicks out of the shark hole. And no, no way to disable it.

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My guess is that its the ball save for when the ball kicks out of the shark hole. And no, no way to disable it.

Seems to only happen in the right lane and it's not always based on kicking out of the VUK. Maybe it thinks it's being booted from the shark hole..

#4050 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Seems to only happen in the right lane and it's not always based on kicking out of the VUK. Maybe it thinks it's being booted from the shark hole..

You will also get a ball save if the Laser Kick results in a ball drain

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/81?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.