IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
20231226_091120 (resized).jpg
Baywatch (resized).jpg
IMG_0416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6100 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 102.
#351 8 years ago

Nope, no gate is there.

#352 8 years ago

My skill shot still wasnt working, the ball just kept hitting the right upper gate and not getting through. I tested the coil in test mode and it works fine. Coil power set to normal. I took a closer look at the gate and armature and low and behold, the armature was sitting BELOW the gate so it couldn't move it. I adjusted the armature so it's now on TOP of the gate and it works perfectly. Nice to now have a working skill shot!image.jpgimage.jpg

#353 8 years ago

Yes! I should've thought to mention that, but mine was like that too when I got it before I tore it all down.

#354 8 years ago

Mine was like that also !

#355 8 years ago

Hmmm, I gonna have to look at mine, my gate is probably stuck, I always choose that side-ramp shot for the skill shot, and end up getting the lit rollover (ball doesn't make it around to the other plunger) and then mostly by chance, the ball will fall over to the plunger side for a shot at the side-ramp....hmmm.............my gate is probably stuck as well!

#356 8 years ago

curious, how srong is everyones upper left flipper. I can make the IRONMAN ramp about 70% of the time but have noticed that most players (my game is on location) struggle with it. The flippers all had a fresh rebuild and travel clean.

I had noticed that the EOS on the lower L also seems to be in charge of the upper so I think it is just how the game is.

What do others find? Is your upper L flipper a little weaker than you would like?

#357 8 years ago

My upper flipper is strong, can make the ramp as long as I hit it right. Change the coil sleeve and spring maybe?

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My upper flipper is strong, can make the ramp as long as I hit it right. Change the coil sleeve and spring maybe?

Nice to know yours is strong. Maybe I am being too critical. Mine will make it but it is a very tight shot to time it right.

When you get a chance will you check your EOS on bottom L flipper and see how tight it is gapped?

Sleeve, bushing, everything was rebuilt a short time ago and it has always been like this. I am thinking not a mechanical thing.

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice to know yours is strong. Maybe I am being too critical. Mine will make it but it is a very tight shot to time it right.
When you get a chance will you check your EOS on bottom L flipper and see how tight it is gapped?
Sleeve, bushing, everything was rebuilt a short time ago and it has always been like this. I am thinking not a mechanical thing.

I was just messing with this because my lower left flipper felt weak. The gap was larger than it was on the right so I reduced it. I also replaced the coil sleeve, which was dirty, and spring, which was stretched, and its fine now.

Hittng the ball from right side kickout with the upper left flipper is not that easy...timing IS everything.

Only issue I seem to have is figuring why when the shark flipper light is lit, it doesnt automatically flip all the time. Thinking its just a switch adjustment. Is it supposed to flip automatically every time?

#360 8 years ago

That shot can be tough for the ball to make it all the way around. On mine, it seems the ball will sometimes hit the clear plastic above the ramp and that will slow it down and it rolls back down the ramp. Really have to nail that shot clean it seems.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Only issue I seem to have is figuring why when the shark flipper light is lit, it doesnt automatically flip all the time. Thinking its just a switch adjustment. Is it supposed to flip automatically every time?

The shark's got a mind of its own.

#362 8 years ago

thanks for the info guys. Sounds like mine is about the same. Maybe I will tighten up the gap ever so slightly to see if that give it a bit more oommppff.

#363 8 years ago

That IronMan shot is tricky, you do have to hit it just right, so I doubt it is a problem with the flipper.......

#364 8 years ago

I picked up a STTNG and SS along with a BW within the past month after selling a few games. Strangely, i am playing BW the most, followed SS and then STTNG. It really is a great game. If stern released a game with the BW layout and called it Star Wars or something else, im pretty sure it would be a huge hit. The sounds in BW are just awful and the dots are bad...I mean that stupid porpoise sound, ATV...wtf? The dots after draining showing that girl with a strange grunt on her face...as if she's getting it from behind...what's up with that???

#365 8 years ago

Hey, now, the sound on Baywatch is fun/stupid!

"Best Office in the World"

Porpoise sounds off when you hit the spinner!

Love the animations, that girl is digging having her back rubbed with suntan lotion....ohhh.......c'mon, lighten up and dig yer toes inna sand!!

#366 8 years ago

I have to agree Baywatch sounds are awesome.

#367 8 years ago

Baywatch is all around an amazing game. Super fun to shoot, great amount of player interaction. The theme was done really well. The extra big display and dots are great. It is actually a very immersive experience.

Route players also seem to love it. It is a game I will keep forever! I also feel fortunate to have gotten such a good deal on it and grabbed it when I did.

Side note that the game looks great with LEDs also!

#368 8 years ago

I put LEDS in mine, but the problem is the stupid GIs. You have to tear the game down to get to most of them.

#369 8 years ago

Yeah, Segas suck for changing GI bulbs! I have a few LEDs I'd like to swap out in Baywatch, but I'm not tearing shit down just to reach them. If I really want to change them, I'll just remove from underneath - a lot less work for just a couple of bulbs.

"Best orifice in the world" is what I always say.

And the shaker motor is just awesome!

#370 8 years ago

Ummm, Shaker Motor??? You talking about the jiggling on display???

1 week later
#372 8 years ago

Speaking of the skill shot gate (upper right)... Mine has not worked since I've owned it. Hoping that it was the same issue as others with the arm being below, turned out to not be the case. The arm is in the correct position (above). The gate works once in a very rare blue moon on orbit shots, but not on skill shots, and not on most orbit shots. I noticed with the glass off that it makes a buzzing sound when one of the "gate-open" skill shots are selected and shot, which sounds like it may be trying to open, but doesn't. Any ideas for this pinball noob?

#373 8 years ago

Bad coil sleeve or something broke in the plunger mechanism.

#374 8 years ago

maffewl - that buzzing sound is actually "normal" but you might want to take the plunger mech out and inspect all parts...........I recall posting about that buzzing myself when I was a newbie with a 850 baywatch I just picked up!!!

#375 8 years ago

Was just in Lowe's last night - they have CHRISTMAS lights and crap already on display!!! Anyway, one of the lights is a small spotlight with some type of motion reflector inside of it. You can get BLUE - thought this would be an awesome mod for Baywatch by attaching it to the bottom of the cabinet and having what looks like ocean water swirling beneath the pin!!! I guess you could hook it up to the outlet in the power supply inside the cab? whattya think??
It's costs $20, only thing keeping me from buying is I wasn't sure if the size was bit too big, but it should be fine if hidden beneath the cab........

#376 8 years ago

got a pic?

#377 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies Lermods and Pinball_Nate. In removing that coil, can I do it from underneath the playfield or will I need to remove the ramps and such? I ask because I'm planning an intensive tear down sometime in the next few months to replace all lights with led and can wait until if needed. However, if it's something I can get to from below, I will go ahead and take a look. Thanks again for the help!

#378 8 years ago

you should be able to remove it from the bottom-side, I'm painting right now, so can't go and check at the moment.......

No pics of that rotating blue spotlight yet, have one on my phone, but it's old and I have to transfer it over............will keep you updated, may just buy the thing.

#379 8 years ago

I thought the coil is more of a magnet type and just pulls the finger down to open the one way gate .

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for the replies Lermods and Pinball_Nate. In removing that coil, can I do it from underneath the playfield or will I need to remove the ramps and such? I ask because I'm planning an intensive tear down sometime in the next few months to replace all lights with led and can wait until if needed. However, if it's something I can get to from below, I will go ahead and take a look. Thanks again for the help!

You can get to all of it from below.

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Was just in Lowe's last night - they have CHRISTMAS lights and crap already on display!!! Anyway, one of the lights is a small spotlight with some type of motion reflector inside of it. You can get BLUE - thought this would be an awesome mod for Baywatch by attaching it to the bottom of the cabinet and having what looks like ocean water swirling beneath the pin!!! I guess you could hook it up to the outlet in the power supply inside the cab? whattya think??
It's costs $20, only thing keeping me from buying is I wasn't sure if the size was bit too big, but it should be fine if hidden beneath the cab........

Buy it, try it and return it if it doesn't work out. Would like to see what you're talking about and how it looks.

#382 8 years ago

So my skill shot is funky... I really couldn't get to it from below as there was a spring holding it from above, and I didn't want to mess something up. However, it started working again, so that was awesome for a bit. Now it's acting weird. It will work, then not. Or if I choose the shark scoop skill shot, it will wait until the ball hits the gate, then activate. I also went through the coil test, and it works fine in there. Anyone else have/had similar issues?

#383 8 years ago

Skill shot is just funky and I have mine working great and still the ball doesn't always go thru the gate. Can just clip something and stay in the lanes or whatever. I always set mine to the 3rd shot and prepare to make the lane skill shot if it doesn't pass thru.

There's a hidden skill shot I found too (I'm sure others have as well). Choose shark or left ramp skill shot and let the ball feed to the right flipper and hit the guard shack for 25 million.

#384 8 years ago

Make sure you have the latest ROM version if you haven't already.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There's a hidden skill shot I found too (I'm sure others have as well). Choose shark or left ramp skill shot and let the ball feed to the right flipper and hit the guard shack for 25 million.

Didn't know this, thanks!

#386 8 years ago

Thanks for the thoughts PoMC. My rom version is 4.0. Assuming that's the latest?

Btw.. Off topic, but I'm very impressed with the quick replies and discussion that takes place in this board.

#387 8 years ago

Yup that's the latest ROM. Have you replaced the sleeve in the launcher's coil and make sure the plunger is centered? Every little bit can help. Also watch how the ball exits the wireform into the lane area. If it's hitting anything when exiting, you can adjust the wireform a little at the nut it's attached to at the exit. I think I even used an extra washer or two to make sure the ball exits cleanly.

#388 8 years ago

I really enjoy playing my Baywatch. It's right next to my top machines like ToM, AfM, STTNG. For me it is an absolute keeper.
Hope you like the shark mod with its blue blinking led eyes. Was quite time consuming to get them in. End result looks great. Love my Barbie buoy with led insert too lol.

20151004_193907.jpg20151004_193907.jpg
20151004_193902.jpg20151004_193902.jpg
20151004_193943.jpg20151004_193943.jpg

#389 8 years ago

Looks great and I did the same Barbie buoy (baba booey) mod. Looks terrific and adds to the game by lighting up along with the laser kick inserts.

#390 8 years ago

Those mods look great. I have the shark and buoy ready to go in once I get to my tear down. Really like the led inserts, I may work on doing that in the meantime. On a side note... anyone know where the below plastic goes? It was in the coin door area of my machine when I bought it. Also, anyone know where I can find the drop target plastic? The ball is notorious for ricocheting off the guard tower ramp and landing right in the middle of the drop target rubber and getting stuck. If there isn't any plastic available, I was thinking of just getting a hotwheels jetski or atv and place it above the drop targets. Thanks!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

On a side note... anyone know where the below plastic goes? It was in the coin door area of my machine when I bought it.
image.jpeg

That's the plastic for the bottom pop bumper. Half of that pop bumper is under the ramp, so this covers the half that is exposed.

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Those mods look great. I have the shark and buoy ready to go in once I get to my tear down. Really like the led inserts, I may work on doing that in the meantime. On a side note... anyone know where the below plastic goes? It was in the coin door area of my machine when I bought it. Also, anyone know where I can find the drop target plastic? The ball is notorious for ricocheting off the guard tower ramp and landing right in the middle of the drop target rubber and getting stuck. If there isn't any plastic available, I was thinking of just getting a hotwheels jetski or atv and place it above the drop targets. Thanks!
image.jpeg

That plastic goes on the top of the bottom most pop bumper......not the two right next to each other. At least that's where it is on mine. Here's a lazy pic through the glass of mine.....you'll see if it you look through the wires forms in this pic.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#393 8 years ago

Excellent. Thanks for the quick replies!

#394 8 years ago

Here's a photo of the box for that blue motion projector, It is so bulky, it would probably have to go inside a cabinet, peeking out from a hole drilled into the cab.............

Spotlight.jpgSpotlight.jpg

#395 8 years ago

Anyone know where I can get 12v? Have this plug inside coin door. Believe white is ground, is grey/red 12v? Wiring up under cab lighting.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#396 8 years ago

Hey guys

Thought id post this here as heads up incase anyone suffers the same.

I bought my BW a couple of months ago with a ghosting slam tilt.
Like most ghost switches, I assumed it would be a bad diode. I tried tirelessly to identify the bad diode but to no avail. When I tried to recreate the circumstances of it in switch test, I couldn't. However activating certain switch combos (mostly around the flipper switches/ sling shots and lower right plunger) i managed to ghost switches on the standup targets and VUK and coin slots. In my desperation I tried changing random diodes on those switches and each time would move the ghosting to another switch!!!

In the end I gave up and called in the expert. He was also stumped. But then he noticed I had a brand new flipper board (inside the left side of the cabinet) so we removed it and took it too my mates who luckily had a BW. We installed the board in his game and hey presto the ghosting switches followed to his game.

So the aftermarket boards seem to have a glitch in them.
We pulled a couple of wires off one of the connectors (I'll get back to you on which ones) and this stopped all of the ghosting.

I could never have foreseen that a brand new board would be the culprit.

So if you have bizarre ghosting switches and you're scratching your head, it could be the flipper board.

I'm not sure how many companies manufacture that board or if it's unique to mine? Not even sure where it was purchased from but just a heads up.

"You did all you could"

#397 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. Finding problems in pinballs is like a detective game, the most likely suspect is not always the culprit.

#398 8 years ago

Thanks for the tip ! My game has always had switch problems . As in hit the left flipper it fires both sling shots and opens the top gate . I'll look at mine .

#399 8 years ago

Interesting. The left flipper switch was the common denominator for mine too. Try putting it in switch test and pushing left flipper button and tournament start button and see if you get any ghosts

#400 8 years ago

Installed barakandl's nvram in my game today, plug and play, no more batteries on the board. $10 I think I paid him.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.