IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 103.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Shark frenzy! Making a bunch sharks mods with blue led eyes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome man

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Shark frenzy! Making a bunch sharks mods with blue led eyes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When I first got my BW I immediately started with page 1 of this thread and read it straight through. Your mod reminds me of the discussions and pics of mods that were on this thread early on. Everyone was very enthusiastic. Yours looks good, but let's not start putting Barbie toys in there.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Yours looks good, but let's not start putting Barbie toys in there.

With all due respect, and I truly mean that. Why not? If that's what a person wants in their game, I'm curious why others care?

#3854 3 years ago

I have a shark (non lit right over my shark target and it looks great and fits the motif perfectly

1 week later
#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

With all due respect, and I truly mean that. Why not? If that's what a person wants in their game, I'm curious why others care?

Well, if you do, I'll keep my mouth shut; promise.

Just ordered a ColorDMD and I can't wait to put it in. Anyone have experience installing and what it comes with for your BW? Does it come with new ribbon cable for instance?

#3856 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Just ordered a ColorDMD and I can't wait to put it in. Anyone have experience installing and what it comes with for your BW? Does it come with new ribbon cable for instance?

You'll dig it. It will come with some extra hardwire to use along with the existing hardware, and the required power cable. No new ribbon cable. Install is super easy. Have a USB memory stick ready to go with the ROM file loaded on it.

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You'll dig it. It will come with some extra hardwire to use along with the existing hardware, and the required power cable. No new ribbon cable. Install is super easy. Have a USB memory stick ready to go with the ROM file loaded on it.

Man, I really can't wait. This is a huge purchase for me, but you know I just got a big check on the 17th. I asked about the ribbon cable because my DMD has gone out due to connections. My neighbor who has had a lot of DE/Segas said most likely ribbon cable. I just ordered a new set from Marco. Othersie, my stock DMD works great and I'll be selling once the ColorDMD comes in.

1 week later
#3858 3 years ago

Made move to the new house and setup my BW and everything is working great. After I put together about 10 boxes of Ikea furniture I'll get to the ColorDMD and replacing ribbon cables. Not motivated because game is working 100%

Except, everytime I get home something immediately goes wrong with something in the house. My son is playing BW and says he hit multiball and he had only one ball. I play and get the same, but I'm having my best game ever. My laser kick hit and stays open. I pull the glass to save the ball and then drain. I also got only a one ball mutliball.

While the glass is pulled I saw two balls on the left side of the apron where they shouldn't be. Then another lodged between the laser kick plunger and back, which is why it was stuck open. I showed my son and he said, "Owe, is that why it said missing balls when I turned the machine on?". OMG. Easiest fix ever though. Except, one ball is completly missing. Can't make this up.

#3859 3 years ago

Bonus, while looking for the lost ball under the playfield I found the missing guard tower rail. Yay.

Funny, I didn't know it was supposed to be there until I was studying pictures for putting my playfield back together after cleaning.

IMG_20210402_211207257 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_211207257 (resized).jpg

#3860 3 years ago

Anyone of the owner can show me how the right ramp is properly assembled.
My ball frequently gets stuck on the yellow marked place in the picture.

2EBFCB2C-F37D-4D58-8E6C-4F5BA0A1452D (resized).jpeg2EBFCB2C-F37D-4D58-8E6C-4F5BA0A1452D (resized).jpeg
#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

My ball frequently gets stuck on the yellow marked place in the picture. [quoted image]

It's just a clear plastic there with the 3 screws holding it that's all that's there ,ball shouldn't get stuck there

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

My ball frequently gets stuck on the yellow marked place in the picture. [quoted image]

Previous owner of mine didn't have that bottom screw, so mine only has the two top screws. I wonder if that's why your ball gets stuck.

#3863 3 years ago

I removed the bottom screw. But it’s still getting stuck… Weird, so there aren’t any spacers? Just some washers?
Maybe the ramp has deformed itself over the past years. I will 3D print some small spacers, this will help.

Thanks guys.

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I removed the bottom screw. But it’s still getting stuck… Weird, so there aren’t any spacers? Just some washers?
Maybe the ramp has deformed itself over the past years. I will 3D print some small spacers, this will help.
Thanks guys.

No spacers just the plastic and the 3 screws holding it and that's all is there ,don't know why the ball gets stuck there ,so the ball gets stuck on top of the plastic ?

1 week later
#3865 3 years ago

What scores are you all getting? I had an epic game for me and got 1.2 million. I know, for you good players, that probably is not much, but it kills any score anybody else in family can do.

Edit: It was pointed out 1.2 billion. 1.2 million would be really terrible as a high score.

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

What scores are you all getting? I had an epic game for me and got 1.2 million. I know, for you good players, that probably is not much, but it kills any score anybody else in family can do.

Pretty sure you can get 10 million for landing the skill shot so 1.2 million is beatable lol
In all seriousness I probably average 400 odd million, cracking the billion isn’t the easiest task and I run chads code

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This was my best score from about 2 years ago - haven't been close since. 1 Billion is not too hard to achieve if you play a lot. I always wondered what would happen at 10 billion - would it actually display 10 billion in smaller numbers or would it "turn over" back to zero?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I've been getting scores in the 3B - 4B range recently. I think you're misreading the display and getting 1.2 billion.

#3869 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

This was my best score from about 2 years ago - haven't been close since. 1 Billion is not too hard to achieve if you play a lot. I always wondered what would happen at 10 billion - would it actually display 10 billion in smaller numbers or would it "turn over" back to zero?[quoted image]

I've done this on a couple of rare occasions. The score doesn't turn over or display 10 billion - it just freezes at 9,999,999,990.

#3870 3 years ago

Yeah, that's what I expected, I'm no good, but have a lot of fun. I'm sorry to admit that I've never spelled Ironman and can't get more than 69million on the first shark video mode. Funny though, my family think I'm good. My main goal is to spell guard and get that awesome match scene.

#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I've done this on a couple of rare occasions. The score doesn't turn over or display 10 billion - it just freezes at 9,999,999,990.

Ah, never thought of that. That's the worst scenario - now you never know what your potential high score was when it just freezes. But I guess not too many of us (including me) will ever have to worry about it anyway! Thanks for solving the mini mystery.

#3872 3 years ago

I reckon my hi- score is in the 2 billion range. I done earned earthquake twice in one game. Once from the shark prizes and once from the normal way.

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Ah, never thought of that. That's the worst scenario - now you never know what your potential high score was when it just freezes. But I guess not too many of us (including me) will ever have to worry about it anyway! Thanks for solving the mini mystery.

To be honest, it was getting pretty boring at that point - it was one of those weird games where the ball REFUSED to drain. When I noticed that the score wasn't moving, I just let go of the flipper buttons and ended it.

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

To be honest, it was getting pretty boring at that point - it was one of those weird games where the ball REFUSED to drain. When I noticed that the score wasn't moving, I just let go of the flipper buttons and ended it.

Probably not going to be a problem for me, lol. Best is about 2.4 billion.

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pretty sure you can get 10 million for landing the skill shot so 1.2 million is beatable lol
In all seriousness I probably average 400 odd million, cracking the billion isn’t the easiest task and I run chads code

Quoted from TopMoose:

I've been getting scores in the 3B - 4B range recently. I think you're misreading the display and getting 1.2 billion.

I meant billion. My leader board is mostly filled with 400-700 million, so 1.2 billion was great for me. Would love to max out the score like you guys. That would be one crazy game.

1 week later
#3876 2 years ago

I'm now in the ColorDMD and Baywatch Club! I installed the new display today and I'm loving it. I also put on new ribbon cable kit from Marco. I shouldn't say this because I don't want to jinx it, but everything is running really nice.

If you are interested in a good orange jumbo DMD PM me. I will be posting on the market soon.

1 week later
#3877 2 years ago

Any one have a set of wire form ball guides, plastics set, and the Duel Plastic Ramp ?

48D01E57-FD7F-43D7-8FA7-1A683A127231 (resized).jpeg48D01E57-FD7F-43D7-8FA7-1A683A127231 (resized).jpegA4907FBD-3D79-40B4-A923-427500CA6198 (resized).jpegA4907FBD-3D79-40B4-A923-427500CA6198 (resized).jpeg
#3878 2 years ago

What does the BAYWATCH v.4.01 UNOFFICIAL PATCH do? I’m thinking about getting this machine and would like to know what kinds of upgrades and updates that there are and what do they do. Thank you.

#3879 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

What does the BAYWATCH v.4.01 UNOFFICIAL PATCH do? I’m thinking about getting this machine and would like to know what kinds of upgrades and updates that there are and what do they do. Thank you.

Great machine. People hate the theme, but one of the best games out there! Good luck getting one.

#3880 2 years ago

All details can be found at Chad the programmer's site:

https://www.pinballcode.com/bw401

I've been looking for a Baywatch for a while and was finally able to get one in an Italian container buy. It was super filthy and needed flipper boards but I'm working my way through it. Here's a filthy 'before' and some shiny 'after' pics:

EwEw

Novus 2 does wondersNovus 2 does wonders

BW Pops (resized).jpgBW Pops (resized).jpg

BW Shark Targets (resized).jpgBW Shark Targets (resized).jpg

#3881 2 years ago

All details can be found at Chad the programmer's site:
https://www.pinballcode.com/bw401
I've been looking for a Baywatch for a while and was finally able to get one in an Italian container buy. It was super filthy and needed flipper boards but I'm working my way through it. Here's a filthy 'before' and some shiny 'after' pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you very much. So this unofficial code definitely seems like the way to go then. I wonder how many of these machines are running the unofficial code?

#3882 2 years ago

Thank you very much. So this unofficial code definitely seems like the way to go then. I wonder how many of these machines are running the unofficial code?

Updating to Chad's code was one of the first things I did after buying my BW.

#3883 2 years ago

Lots

#3884 2 years ago

Especially the ones who don't want seizures!

#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Especially the ones who don't want seizures!

This was the #1 reason for me, but I'm not that sure it made a big difference. BW likes to flash, baby.

My kids and I are fine with it, but my 60 something old step-dad had a hard time, even with Chad code. I would love to find that board that is no longer made that really takes care of the flickering and the noise.

Edit: spelling

#3886 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:This was the #1 reason for me, but I'm not that sure it made a big difference. BW likes to flash, baby.
My kids and I are fine with it, but my 60 something old step-dad had a hard time, even with Chad code. I would love to find that board that is no longer made that really takes care of the flickering and the noise.
Edit: spelling

I had one of those cards booked to buy, but the chad code did enough for me to take my name of the list.

#3887 2 years ago

4.01 is definitely an improvement. But unfortunately still has some annoying bugs. Maybe ChadH will find some time to improve the code even more, who knows

#3888 2 years ago

A friend of mine has a Baywatch where the button fell out/apart. He sent me the pieces and asked me to reproduce the broken part. Attached are photos of the pieces put back together the best I can from the parts. Also attached is the cad drawing of the replacement. I have questions about it I'm hoping this group can help with.

Where does the broken part go? My friend didn't get a look at it before it was broken and pieces were scattered. By looking at it I presume it goes behind the button with the nut around it to hold it in. If so I'm puzzled why are those notches there. Anyone know why they are there and if they are important? If they are important then is the size/shape important? It's a very specific design so I can't imagine it's not important in some way. It may be a repurposed part but I can't find what it's based from. Thanks!

Sega_Baywatch_LaunchBotton_Mount_500-5973-00-33_v1_r1 (resized).pngSega_Baywatch_LaunchBotton_Mount_500-5973-00-33_v1_r1 (resized).png

20210514_120349 (resized).jpg20210514_120349 (resized).jpg20210514_120359 (resized).jpg20210514_120359 (resized).jpg
#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

A friend of mine has a Baywatch where the button fell out/apart. He sent me the pieces and asked me to reproduce the broken part. Attached are photos of the pieces put back together the best I can from the parts. Also attached is the cad drawing of the replacement. I have questions about it I'm hoping this group can help with.
Where does the broken part go? My friend didn't get a look at it before it was broken and pieces were scattered. By looking at it I presume it goes behind the button with the nut around it to hold it in. If so I'm puzzled why are those notches there. Anyone know why they are there and if they are important? If they are important then is the size/shape important? It's a very specific design so I can't imagine it's not important in some way. It may be a repurposed part but I can't find what it's based from. Thanks!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

You caught me right at the point in my refurbish of taking this assembly out to clean!

Those pieces are part of the front button housing. They should be the back plate of the frame that surrounds the button:

IMG_0141 (resized).jpegIMG_0141 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0142 (resized).jpegIMG_0142 (resized).jpeg

The holes in it are used for the threaded spring housing to clip into it. My spring housing has one of the clips broken off but still holds sufficiently.

IMG_0140 (resized).jpegIMG_0140 (resized).jpeg
#3890 2 years ago

Seems like that broken piece could easily be reproduced with my 3D printer. Is the a common broken piece? Worth making and selling?

#3891 2 years ago

It appears that it is specific to Baywatch and I haven't seen anyone else looking for one.

#3892 2 years ago

Sorry, what I meant was do baywatch owners have issues with this? I haven’t torn into mine to see. The button works so I have never looked into it. Just trying to see if this is a one off.

I can see people slapping the button to launch and possibly breaking parts inside.

#3893 2 years ago

It appears that it is specific to Baywatch and I haven't seen anyone else looking for one.

Revenge From Mars uses the same Button as far as I know. With a red cap instead of a white, and a different „Launch“ font. But the housing is the same I believe.

#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Bonus, while looking for the lost ball under the playfield I found the missing guard tower rail. Yay.
Funny, I didn't know it was supposed to be there until I was studying pictures for putting my playfield back together after cleaning.
[quoted image]

I wish I'd had the same luck. That rail is missing on our game. I presume no one has reproduced these?

1 week later
#3895 2 years ago

Has anyone else had this issue? Right flipper button gets stuck on the launch coil bracket. Previous owner had a hacked up coil bracket. that fixed the problem but had a bit too much electrical tape for my taste. Was there an unusual flipper button used here? Seems like it's bound to do this no matter what with the correct coil bracket

20210526_133557 (resized).jpg20210526_133557 (resized).jpg

#3896 2 years ago

Mine is a "hair" away from making contact, like less than a mm, but it doesn't touch. I found out there's a little room for adjustment when I re-centered mine to get more consistent ball contact when launching; I believe you can slide it forward a little from the bracket mounting holes, then crank them back down to hold, at least you could on mine.

#3897 2 years ago

Im in da club

1 week later
#3898 2 years ago

Here's a new one for me - going through Baywatch verifying that all the switches work and the only one left is the Trough VUK Opto #15. The transmitter LED is glowing bright red so it's working. I pull the receiver board and it looks ok until I put it under the magnifier...

Uh, what happened to the Q2 transistor??? Looks like it blew in spectacular fashion given the missing and peeled back traces!

There's another parts order.

KER-BLOOEYKER-BLOOEY

#3899 2 years ago

Can anyone take a quick picture of their flipper boards inside the cabinet for me? Both would help, but the upper flipper board (closest to the back box) is what I'm really looking for.

The shark flipper stopped low power holding, and it "appears" that the low power hold scr (SR1) has been knocked off the board (from the wiring harness dragging across it?).

8F6FD19F-F9B6-48EC-89DC-BF6A0EC669BF (resized).jpeg8F6FD19F-F9B6-48EC-89DC-BF6A0EC669BF (resized).jpeg
#3900 2 years ago

I think I found the problem…haha.

This is now the second time I’ve had an issue with the low power hold SCR’s getting knocked off a flipper board.

Heating up the iron now…

BE4B493D-5252-4296-B739-1ED08D539A49 (resized).jpegBE4B493D-5252-4296-B739-1ED08D539A49 (resized).jpegFAE6D4EC-AD9F-4076-B264-C87F24FC51D6 (resized).jpegFAE6D4EC-AD9F-4076-B264-C87F24FC51D6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.