IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 103.
#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I use one of these - it's simple, effective and way cheaper than anti-glare glass.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

I use this on mine also, kind of a must

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I use one of these - it's simple, effective and way cheaper than anti-glare glass.

Yep. And if you are really cheap you can make similar out of card .... I am and I did

#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Thanks, will order one. Does it install at the top or bottom of the dmd? I would assume the top

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks, will order one. Does it install at the top or bottom of the dmd? I would assume the top

Below - you insert it between the play field glass and the back rail.

#3805 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Below - you insert it between the play field glass and the back rail.

I’m not quite getting what you mean sorry. Can I see a pic installed please?

52C2FDBC-17B3-4391-BE42-6A9C9CE65FA5 (resized).jpeg52C2FDBC-17B3-4391-BE42-6A9C9CE65FA5 (resized).jpeg
#3806 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m not quite getting what you mean sorry. Can I see a pic installed please?[quoted image]

The smaller edge sits on top of playfield glass and slips under the top edge of the rear playfield receiving channel. So its sandwiched between the 2 and held there. Most machines you can just slide it in place, if the glass is a tight fit though you may need to release the glass and slide it back in place with the glare guard in situ.

This probably makes it all sound way more complicated than it is. Honestly you won't have a problem figuring it out

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#3807 3 years ago

allsportdvd Mind posting a pic of your entire playfield, those blue wire forms look really good.

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

allsportdvd Mind posting a pic of your entire playfield, those blue wire forms look really good.

Sure. Would you prefer lights on or off?

#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Sure. Would you prefer lights on or off?

Both please

#3810 3 years ago

Here you go with a few pics, hope they help. I painted the backbox blue as well

2495D20C-80AD-440F-B874-6568143802AA (resized).jpeg2495D20C-80AD-440F-B874-6568143802AA (resized).jpeg68464B88-97C5-41DD-804F-DC54BC3D28D0 (resized).jpeg68464B88-97C5-41DD-804F-DC54BC3D28D0 (resized).jpeg95AC7BB0-7C14-455D-A6AA-9159195C8FBF (resized).jpeg95AC7BB0-7C14-455D-A6AA-9159195C8FBF (resized).jpegB536B59A-D1E2-4B97-96B5-BFE6F42E5701 (resized).jpegB536B59A-D1E2-4B97-96B5-BFE6F42E5701 (resized).jpegC1E18867-9196-445D-81A8-E8B9A2049536 (resized).jpegC1E18867-9196-445D-81A8-E8B9A2049536 (resized).jpeg
#3811 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m not quite getting what you mean sorry. Can I see a pic installed please?[quoted image]

Here are some photos, showing how it gets wedged between the glass and the plastic rail.

20210217_081956_resized (resized).jpg20210217_081956_resized (resized).jpg
20210217_081947_resized (resized).jpg20210217_081947_resized (resized).jpg

#3812 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here are some photos, showing how it gets wedged between the glass and the plastic rail.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for that. It’s a bit ugly looking like that and everything on my machine is blue as well

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for that. It’s a bit ugly looking like that and everything on my machine is blue as well

I assumed they would look ugly also. But I have them on all my DMDs and love em. Once they are installed I rarely notice them until I remove the PF glass and it falls out of place, and I think oh yeah those are installed. Pricy for a bent plastic. But it helps keeping the glare of the DMD off of the glass

20210124_164204 (resized).jpg20210124_164204 (resized).jpg
#3814 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I assumed they would look ugly also. But I have them on all my DMDs and love em. Once they are installed I rarely notice them until I remove the PF glass and it falls out of place, and I think oh yeah those are installed. Pricy for a bent plastic. But it helps keeping the glare of the DMD off of the glass[quoted image]

Edit: I missed you painted the cab blue... Nevermind.

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Honestly, it disappears before long. I don’t even notice it while playing.

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Solved the DMD problem once I replaced the large ribbon cable but I do get quite of bit of glare from the color dmd onto the glass. Someone mentioned anti glare glass or something to put in front of the color dmd to reduce glare?
[quoted image]

I have Comet's and it works great. It cut out most of the glare and you would never know it is there.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/dmd-glare-eliminators

#3817 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I have Comet's and it works great. It cut out most of the glare and you would never know it is there.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/dmd-glare-eliminators

I’m going to try one of the comet pinball ones vs the pinball life style and see how I go. Ordered both to compare though

#3818 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I used Comets non-ghosting everywhere and don't have any flickering problems. The main flickering will happen with the life guard tower. I had some spare regular leds in that and it was nuts, but then got a new order of Comets after not ordering the right amount and it took care of that.
The flashers are still crazy, so maybe I'll get an OCD sometime. My step-dad who is older, had some issues with the flashing effect, and I have the Chad code that is supposed to help with that.

Thanks, will be sure to go non-ghosting. I have a bunch of "standard" flashers so will use those on the ramps, at least they are not too hard to change out. There is a flasher beneath the life gaurd stand however, so will experiment with that one.

I have the new code also, will install that plus shark hole cliffy, etc. - lots to do!!

#3819 3 years ago

I have an odd issue on Baywatch ( running chad rom) that after every game completes it says “operator alert ! upper launch not working”. The upper launch seems fine during the game, I don’t really notice any issues play wise, anyone experience this or know what I might check?

A2DDC344-7FA3-4608-8C56-C3C74AF07FCF (resized).jpegA2DDC344-7FA3-4608-8C56-C3C74AF07FCF (resized).jpeg
#3820 3 years ago
Quoted from chamdor:

The upper launch seems fine during the game, I don’t really notice any issues play wise, anyone experience this or know what I might check?

What does it do in diagnostics checkout? Check both the coil and the switch, and the gate as well. If all these are functioned in diagnostics mode, it might clear the error.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#3821 3 years ago

See picture above

#3822 3 years ago

Thanks it does think in diag there’s some problem with the switch so I’ll look and see if I can replace it to get it to clear it

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from chamdor:

Thanks it does think in diag there’s some problem with the switch so I’ll look and see if I can replace it to get it to clear it

The code is probably written to actuate the plunger after a certain amount of time has elapsed (if the gate has opened and expecting a ball). Programmers do this to keep the machine running when switches punk out. That's probably why you didn't notice it during game play. When you get the switch fixed, you will probably notice less delay for the ball being plunged out of there.

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m going to try one of the comet pinball ones vs the pinball life style and see how I go. Ordered both to compare though

The reason why I got it because my wife complained so bad, but she was right. After installing she was totally happy, and so was I. I honestly didn't think it would work so well, and it's dope they had one for the Jumbo DMD.

#3825 3 years ago

So are people getting Earthquake more often from the Shark shots or from making the 5 character/mode shots x 3 ?
I find since Chads code update sorted out the Shark awards I concentrate on that if I want to get to Earthquake. Even if tbh Earthquake is a little underwhelming as far as a Wizard Mode goes ... I still enjoy seeing it.

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

So are people getting Earthquake more often from the Shark shots or from making the 5 character/mode shots x 3 ?
I find since Chads code update sorted out the Shark awards I concentrate on that if I want to get to Earthquake. Even if tbh Earthquake is a little underwhelming as far as a Wizard Mode goes ... I still enjoy seeing it.

I make all the shots and play through all the rescue modes first, and then after Earthquake I focus only on shark shots.

#3827 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I've only done it once from sharks, and maybe 4 times the other way. Would sure be nice if sharks could be collected during lifeguard modes huh?

#3828 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Would sure be nice if sharks could be collected during lifeguard modes huh?

I'm 100% sure if that change had been made, there would be several people complaining it is way too easy to get to Earthquake mode and he should have never made the change.

#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

can someone confirm how Shark awards work? I feel like lately Ive pretty much stopped getting any.

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

can someone confirm how Shark awards work? I feel like lately Ive pretty much stopped getting any.

When the switch just above the shark flipper is triggered the Shark scoop light will flash briefly - you have about a second to make a clean shot from the Shark flipper into the scoop. Each successful Shark shot will give you the Shark award or advance towards the next one ...I think the last couple awards need at least a couple of clean Shark shots each. It does display on screen how many more needed. So in total you need to make about 8 or 9 successful Shark shots to collect all awards and light Earthquake.

This is with Chads updated code. He extended the timer very slightly as on the original code it was almost impossible to get the shot made in the allotted time. Also the awards count was messed up on the original and I'm not sure you could ever actually get all the awards. So you really need Chads code installed.

#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

When the switch just above the shark flipper is triggered the Shark scoop light will flash briefly - you have about a second to make a clean shot from the Shark flipper into the scoop.

Thanks, thats sort of what I thought. But maybe Im just not making that shot very often. Ive noticed if I collect the 25mil shark flip shot, it doesnt award a shark award, I assume that's normal too?

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Thanks, thats sort of what I thought. But maybe Im just not making that shot very often. Ive noticed if I collect the 25mil shark flip shot, it doesnt award a shark award, I assume that's normal too?

Yeah.

I have never fully understood the Shark Flip, the Shark targets and how it works with qualifying for the Shark high score initials In all the years of owning BW I rarely seem to get my initials on there ...I think its currently on the default name still.

#3833 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yeah.
I have never fully understood the Shark Flip, the Shark targets and how it works with qualifying for the Shark high score initials In all the years of owning BW I rarely seem to get my initials on there ...I think its currently on the default name still.

Shark High score is for getting to the portion of Multi-ball where you score a jackpot in the Shark Hole. Pretty sure it is simply based on the last person to do it as well.

#3834 3 years ago

Ok, so I just played a few games to test out the Shark Awards, Shark Flip and other Shark-related things so that I can make sense of them based on the information above.

In summary:
Shark Awards are collected by shooting the Shark Scoop (when not in a mode) after rolling over the switch right above the Shark Flipper when Shark FLIP isn't lit.

You CAN shoot for Shark Awards when: the ball falls out of the pops to the right; when you roll down the rightmost ("Lite Orbit") inlane and then shoot the left orbit all the way around; when you shoot the center VUK (and don't start a mode); or when you shoot the left ramp (and don't start a mode or lock a ball.)

You CAN'T shoot for Shark Awards when: you shoot the Dolphin Spinner (it feeds the upper flipper); when you roll over the "Lite Shark FLIP" inlane and shoot the Dolphin Spinner (because Shark FLIP supercedes Shark Awards); or when ANY mode is currently running.

In addition, spelling S-h-a-r-k on the left stand-ups appears to simply light Shark FLIP. And the "Shark Chomp Initials" are given to the most recent person to collect a Super Jackpot at the Shark Scoop in Multiball.

Alright, I believe that covers all (or most) things Shark-related, but if anyone knows differently, let me know.

Note: This all relates to the ChadH v4.01 unofficial code.

#3835 3 years ago

Hi,

Could someone attach a pic of their switch 500-5706-00 in the upper right ball launch like the attached? I am pretty sure that the switch on mine isn’t engaging correctly as the wire looks bent oddly when it was put back together, which I think is the cause of the switch fault. I found another close up on this forum and it looks way different then the attached pic so curious what it looks like stock. I ordered a replacement switch but wanted to see a stock picture in case it is bent oddly for a reason

Thanks!

F877686F-2CEC-47AD-B592-E58EF443DC16 (resized).jpegF877686F-2CEC-47AD-B592-E58EF443DC16 (resized).jpeg
#3836 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Shark High score is for getting to the portion of Multi-ball where you score a jackpot in the Shark Hole. Pretty sure it is simply based on the last person to do it as well.

Thanks ! Not sure how I never figured this out but thanks

#3837 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Ok, so I just played a few games to test out the Shark Awards, Shark Flip and other Shark-related things so that I can make sense of them based on the information above.
In summary:
Shark Awards are collected by shooting the Shark Scoop (when not in a mode) after rolling over the switch right above the Shark Flipper when Shark FLIP isn't lit.
You CAN shoot for Shark Awards when: the ball falls out of the pops to the right; when you roll down the rightmost ("Lite Orbit") inlane and then shoot the left orbit all the way around; when you shoot the center VUK (and don't start a mode); or when you shoot the left ramp (and don't start a mode or lock a ball.)
You CAN'T shoot for Shark Awards when: you shoot the Dolphin Spinner (it feeds the upper flipper); when you roll over the "Lite Shark FLIP" inlane and shoot the Dolphin Spinner (because Shark FLIP supercedes Shark Awards); or when ANY mode is currently running.
In addition, spelling S-h-a-r-k on the left stand-ups appears to simply light Shark FLIP. And the "Shark Chomp Initials" are given to the most recent person to collect a Super Jackpot at the Shark Scoop in Multiball.
Alright, I believe that covers all (or most) things Shark-related, but if anyone knows differently, let me know.
Note: This all relates to the ChadH v4.01 unofficial code.

Thanks for the run through. I have never been able to undo the SOF (Swords of Fury) initials and now I know why.

#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Thanks for the run through. I have never been able to undo the SOF (Swords of Fury) initials and now I know why.

Haha ...I call it that too

#3839 3 years ago

Update to my glare problem. The comet version arrived first and seems like a much cleaner solution than the plastic from Pinballlife so it’s installed.
Here are the before and after pics. Certainly happy with Comet but had to up the brightness a bit afterwards

7EC55071-2E23-4989-BA97-C58C0E534F46 (resized).jpeg7EC55071-2E23-4989-BA97-C58C0E534F46 (resized).jpegC18A0181-54B0-41E6-872E-3A005C565115 (resized).jpegC18A0181-54B0-41E6-872E-3A005C565115 (resized).jpeg
#3840 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Update to my glare problem. The comet version arrived first and seems like a much cleaner solution than the plastic from Pinballlife so it’s installed.
Here are the before and after pics. Certainly happy with Comet but had to up the brightness a bit afterwards
[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad it worked for you.

#3841 3 years ago

Those who have installed a helicopter in the back of the playfield, which model did you use? I'm not sure about the correct scale.

#3842 3 years ago

Hi guys,

My old Baywatch has found its way back to my home.
Having one issue: sluggish shark flipper.

What I have done:
Brand new coil and sleeve, reflowed everything on the flipper boards, and the PPB board. Checked and cleaned flipper contact button.

Am I missing something obvious here?

#3843 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
My old Baywatch has found its way back to my home.
Having one issue: sluggish shark flipper.
What I have done:
Brand new coil and sleeve, reflowed everything on the flipper boards, and the PPB board. Checked and cleaned flipper contact button.
Am I missing something obvious here?

Mines the same but upper left flipper - if you find out what it is, let me know!!

#3844 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Mines the same but upper left flipper - if you find out what it is, let me know!!

Solved by changing the associated TIP36 on the flipper board by a new one.

It's sluggish cause it's only getting 8V and no 50V; the 50v is driven by this transistor so I put a new one => bingo

#3845 3 years ago

I do some testing. I may have spare or two on hand! Wow, sometimes I’m smart to pre buy parts

#3846 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Metal Baywatch accent sign - yellow one pictured, could (should) be repainted. 14 gauge steel. Picture of black one on buoy is for scale; I originally had 2 of these made and was ...”
2021-03-08
Oak Creek, WI
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 131 times

Extra metal accent sign for sale.

#3847 3 years ago

Hi Guys, just joined the club.
Yesterday I picked up a decent Boobwatch. It's filthy as heck, it definitely needs some good cleaning and many new parts. Most of the bulbs are broken as well as some switches. The previous owner (non-pinhead) had it for 15years in his home. He never opened it

Anyway, this is my first "old" DE/Sega game. So I have some questions.
1. The Display sometimes keeps reseting. I have nailed it down to a faulty 5V connector. Parts ordered, this should fix the issue? Or is there something else I have to look for?
2. The lower half of the playfield GI stays on all the time. These are not controlled by a relay? I have seen some videos on YouTube were the lower half was controlled as well. Which behavior is factory? Also the lower half is flickering like crazy even with incandescent bulbs. I was planing on installing LEDs, but this would make the flicker even more prominent.
3. All the controlled gates are really noisy, when activated they buzz like crazy. It reminds me of old EM games. I doubt this is normal isn't it? Could it be a software issue? I am running Software 2.0, does 4.1 fix this?

#3848 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

All the controlled gates are really noisy, when activated they buzz like crazy.

I can't speak for most of it(since I left the club recently), but I can vouch for the ball lock and the gate on the right side both being loud. Glass on, it wasn't really noticeable. Glass off, it was loud.

#3849 3 years ago

You may have a bad relay. On the gi staying on. I had to change mine on my power board a ways back

I may be way off also

#3850 3 years ago

Shark frenzy! Making a bunch sharks mods with blue led eyes.

IMG_20210310_152808 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_152808 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_152821 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_152821 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_152944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_152944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_153044_BURST16 (resized).jpgIMG_20210310_153044_BURST16 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/77?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.