20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 103.
#3751 3 years ago

Probably already covered, but............can you replace GI with LED and not get flickering? How about controlled lighting? Do you need the special "anti-ghost" for that?

Tearing down my BW not, damn, this has a lot of hard-to-get spots!!!

Thanks,

Nate

#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Probably already covered, but............can you replace GI with LED and not get flickering? How about controlled lighting? Do you need the special "anti-ghost" for that?
Thanks,
Nate

I un-stapled and un-soldered a sega socket, drilled a hole in the other lug. So its held in place by two wood screws. Then soldered the wires to lugs . Looks like a hack but at least I can change that in less than 2 hours.

#3753 3 years ago

Need y'alls help...stripped playfield to clean and re-rubber...can't for the life of me remember where this goes!! Please help!

20210123_180316 (resized).jpg20210123_180316 (resized).jpg20210123_180319 (resized).jpg20210123_180319 (resized).jpg
#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

Need y'alls help...stripped playfield to clean and re-rubber...can't for the life of me remember where this goes!! Please help!

Behind the tower.

IMG_5795[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5795[1] (resized).JPG
#3755 3 years ago

Any advice, LED's ok for Baywatch GI with no flickering?? How about controlled lights?? Thanks.

-Nate

#3756 3 years ago

If you can find it, I highly recommend the cliffy’s hole protector for the shark hole!

#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's it, but mine looked like this (not my picture, but from this thread and looks same):
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.24.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.24.18 PM (resized).png

I'm not sure why it is needed, but Sega has lots of anti-airball type protections.

#3758 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

New member as of last weekend.
14 hours driving on the same day.
Was it worth it, yes
Needs a good cleaning, works great though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

If you can find it, I highly recommend the cliffy’s hole protector for the shark hole!

It's not hard to find. Cliffy will make it for you, just email him.

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Thanks,
Nate

I used Comets non-ghosting everywhere and don't have any flickering problems. The main flickering will happen with the life guard tower. I had some spare regular leds in that and it was nuts, but then got a new order of Comets after not ordering the right amount and it took care of that.

The flashers are still crazy, so maybe I'll get an OCD sometime. My step-dad who is older, had some issues with the flashing effect, and I have the Chad code that is supposed to help with that.

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I used Comets non-ghosting everywhere and don't have any flickering problems. The main flickering will happen with the life guard tower. I had some spare regular leds in that and it was nuts, but then got a new order of Comets after not ordering the right amount and it took care of that.
The flashers are still crazy, so maybe I'll get an OCD sometime. My step-dad who is older, had some issues with the flashing effect, and I have the Chad code that is supposed to help with that.

I was on the list for the board to fix that until I put in the Chad code, it went from unbearable to totally decent after, took myself off the list.

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I was on the list for the board to fix that until I put in the Chad code, it went from unbearable to totally decent after, took myself off the list.

What is this chad code you speak of?

#3763 3 years ago

Can any of you guys that have colered wire forms post pictures? I want to get mine powder coated but not sure what color. Possibly 3 different ones.

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

What is this chad code you speak of?

Donate to Chad on his website and order the eprom from Matt's basement

Screenshot_20210202-150735_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210202-150735_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210202-150817_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210202-150817_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It's not hard to find. Cliffy will make it for you, just email him.

I have one.

#3766 3 years ago

I realized the reply should have been to the person you talked to.

tonycip ChadH, a pinsider here that has a passion for updating DE and Sega games, did an update to Baywatch. He fixed some bugs changed some scoring, and worked on the light strobe issue. Early on in this thread he lists what he did and the list was pretty long.

#3767 3 years ago

I recently installed the Chad Roms and it seems the ball saves are too generous.
When it saves if the eject out of the shark hole is straight to drain is good, but many times mine is giving ball saves for just standard drains? Anyone else experience this?

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I recently installed the Chad Roms and it seems the ball saves are too generous.
When it saves if the eject out of the shark hole is straight to drain is good, but many times mine is giving ball saves for just standard drains? Anyone else experience this?

Maybe a couple rando saves over the last couple years, but hardly ever anything out of the ordinary

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

recently installed the Chad Roms and it seems the ball saves are too generous.

yeah. Ive definitely noticed a bit more generosity on that ball save than is really needed. a time adjustment and flashing "ball save active" light would be nice but, ultimately, in my opinion, it's fine.

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I don't think Chad changed a whole lot on ball saves. Sometimes you might forget you were just in the shark hole if the ball doesn't immediately drain, but I don't think he changed that ball save time. He did increase the ball save time on Tourist Season mode start by a couple of seconds. Also, I think he increased ball save time on Laser Kick maybe a couple of seconds. I don't think I would say it's "too generous" in comparison to the original code, based on the actual changes he made.

#3771 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Definitely a big difference from original code.

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I would definitely go back to the original code then (if I were you).

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I checked my notes...

Start Of Ball Save timer was increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Laser Kick Ball Save timer was increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
Tourist Season Start Ball Save timer was increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.

#3774 3 years ago

I sometimes get ball saves I didn't expect. What I don't like is when the ball save light is still blinking towards the end of the timer, I get no save

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I sometimes get ball saves I didn't expect. What I don't like is when the ball save light is still blinking towards the end of the timer, I get no save

Those unexpected ball saves are usually when you land in the shark hole, then a couple seconds later you drain, and you "surprisingly" get a Baywatch Will Be Right Back. That is the original design of this game.

Yes, the ball save light is not like most other pinball manufacturers where there is a 1 or 2 second grace period. When it's out, it's over. Original design of the game. I consider the additional 1 or 2 seconds he added for some of the ball savers fair compensation for the abrupt end to the ball saver.

We have it from the horse's mouth, EXACTLY what changes were made WRT the ball saver. Again, I don't consider any of these changes "big difference" or "too generous" in comparison to the original. However, anyone that does always has the option to set game difficulty to Extra Hard, remove outlane posts, jack the the playfield incline to 8.5 degrees, and install 2" flipper bats.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Those unexpected ball saves are usually when you land in the shark hole, then a couple seconds later you drain, and you "surprisingly" get a Baywatch Will Be Right Back. That is the original design of this game.
Yes, the ball save light is not like most other pinball manufacturers where there is a 1 or 2 second grace period. When it's out, it's over. Original design of the game. I consider the additional 1 or 2 seconds he added for some of the ball savers fair compensation for the abrupt end to the ball saver.
We have it from the horse's mouth, EXACTLY what changes were made WRT the ball saver. Again, I don't consider any of these changes "big difference" or "too generous" in comparison to the original. However, anyone that does always has the option to set game difficulty to Extra Hard, remove outlane posts, jack the the playfield incline to 8.5 degrees, and install 2" flipper bats.

Or just let the ball drain if you don't think you "deserve" the ball save!

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Or just let the ball drain if you don't think you "deserve" the ball save!

Which reminds me - a couple of months ago someone on this thread was reporting "phantom" ball saves from high-velocity drains down the right outlane (ball was making it up to the exit chute of the subway and dropping into the up kicker instead of properly draining into the ball trough). I believe he fixed it. It has nothing to do with game ROM, but could be a contributing factor to ball save annoyances so worth a look.

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I checked my notes...

Start Of Ball Save timer was increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Laser Kick Ball Save timer was increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
Tourist Season Start Ball Save timer was increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.

Chad, thanks for taking the time to look into it. It does seem to be draining a bit more than that on mine, but I will revisit it with your comments in mind.
Thanks.

#3779 3 years ago

Well, I was having trouble with the ball making it to the left ball exit. But it was partially because of the switch was not adjusted. That fixed it.
I'm not in the club anymore at this point, having passed the machine on to another family.

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

It does seem to be draining a bit more than that on mine,

I love it when people continue their argument - even when presented with cold, hard facts. LOL.

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

It does seem to be draining a bit more than that on mine,

I love it when people continue their argument - even when presented with cold, hard facts. LOL

Listen pal, you have no idea what my game is doing, stop being a keyboard warrior!

#3782 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Listen pal, you have no idea what my game is doing, stop being a keyboard warrior!

LOL. Look dude, everyone knows what your game is doing (with the exception of you) because you have the same ROM as everyone else and everyone knows what the ball saver times are to the exact second. Stop the science denial - you can't argue with the numbers!

#3783 3 years ago

I’ve got something weird happening with my machine. Upon startup my dmd (it’s a color dmd) boots up and shows the rom version, then goes blank, no picture at all. Any thoughts on where to start here?

#3784 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

LOL. Look dude, everyone knows what your game is doing (with the exception of you) because you have the same ROM as everyone else and everyone knows what the ball saver times are to the exact second. Stop the science denial - you can't argue with the numbers!

You have no idea if its a code issue causing this on my machine or something else. I asked the question, got an answer and replied........"Chad, thanks for taking the time to look into it. It does seem to be draining a bit more than that on mine, but I will revisit it with your comments in mind."

You then jump in and and make insulting innuendo's!

Once tournaments and shows open back up in Florida, I will find you and we will talk about face to face and not on this forum. Okay Sudsy! My name is Patrick O. just so you know who I am......Sudsy!

#3785 3 years ago

holy fuck, take this kindergarten shit to the pm's

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve got something weird happening with my machine. Upon startup my dmd (it’s a color dmd) boots up and shows the rom version, then goes blank, no picture at all. Any thoughts on where to start here?

Has it ever worked? or did you just install it?

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Once tournaments and shows open back up in Florida, I will find you and we will talk about face to face and not on this forum. Okay Sudsy! My name is Patrick O. just so you know who I am......Sudsy!

You just threatened me on a public forum - you are actually even dumber than I originally thought you were.

#3788 3 years ago

Can't you two lovebirds just stop posting?

#3789 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is the memory card making good contact.

#3790 3 years ago

Lol, grown (I'm guessing) men (again, guessing) arguing over a pinball machine, let alone a Baywatch themed one.

This hobby is great!

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Lol, grown (I'm guessing) men (again, guessing) arguing over a pinball machine, let alone a Baywatch themed one.
This hobby is great!

I agree! I was about to say thanks for the entertainment!

#3792 3 years ago

Just light up a blunt in the parking lot and laugh over the fact that we are all spending money on toys that throw ball bearings at shit like David fucking Hasslehoff.

#3793 3 years ago

Never really thought of it that way, but it's true: a mini shooting gallery under glass!

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has it ever worked? or did you just install it?

Yes working fine for a few months

#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Is the memory card making good contact.

What memory card?

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes working fine for a few months

Maybe check to make sure the ribbon cables haven't loosened up? If the rom version shows at boot then it must be getting power, so maybe it isn't getting the information for what to display.

Other than that, maybe re-installing the rom file?

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Maybe check to make sure the ribbon cables haven't loosened up? If the rom version shows at boot then it must be getting power, so maybe it isn't getting the information for what to display.
Other than that, maybe re-installing the rom file?

Tried reinstalling the rom file and same problem. Reseated all the ribbon cables too. Weird because the menu works on the display and the rom version at boot up and that’s all

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What memory card?

Sorry thats sd on pin2dmd color dmd

#3799 3 years ago

Solved the DMD problem once I replaced the large ribbon cable but I do get quite of bit of glare from the color dmd onto the glass. Someone mentioned anti glare glass or something to put in front of the color dmd to reduce glare?

23F323F7-AC93-4184-8036-24C128D036FB (resized).jpeg23F323F7-AC93-4184-8036-24C128D036FB (resized).jpeg
#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Solved the DMD problem once I replaced the large ribbon cable but I do get quite of bit of glare from the color dmd onto the glass. Someone mentioned anti glare glass or something to put in front of the color dmd to reduce glare?
[quoted image]

I use one of these - it's simple, effective and way cheaper than anti-glare glass.

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/76?hl=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.