IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 103.
#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Joined the club last week. Installed the game yesterday and notice that. WTH could have happen there!?[quoted image]

Lifeguard fell asleep smoking?

Not going to be easy to find

Ill send you a link for a incomplete one i saw dome time ago
Pm

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

The one near the switch tho...?

A little touch-up paint and maybe try one of these Cliffy lane switch protectors on top of it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I would just touch up that playfield. And put some clear on it. Looking at the rest of the playfield that would be enough.

Any chance you got a link on how to? Never done that before. Unsure what type of paint & clear to use. Is this covered is VID's guides?

I have these cliffys on one of my game, and looking at them, they wouldn't cover the part damaged on my BW.

#3604 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I have these cliffys on one of my game, and looking at them, they wouldn't cover the part damaged on my BW.

Yeah, but they might prevent the damage from propagating any further.

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Any chance you got a link on how to? Never done that before. Unsure what type of paint & clear to use. Is this covered is VID's guides?

For these things I use acryllic paint markers. Here in europe we have Posca markers. In all kinds of colors and can be mixed to get the correct color. Next get some clear. Just a brush and get some clear on it. Better to do 5 times lightly than one time thick.

16032820483602384560586386229054 (resized).jpg16032820483602384560586386229054 (resized).jpg
#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

For these things I use acryllic paint markers. Here in europe we have Posca markers. In all kinds of colors and can be mixed to get the correct color. Next get some clear. Just a brush and get some clear on it. Better to do 5 times lightly than one time thick.
[quoted image]

Nice! Didn't know those pens existed. I also have a large collection of paint for Warhammer type models, including a clear coat. I wonder if that could work, or if I need an automotive type clear?

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I have a weird problem. The balls in the trough get wedged forward sometimes, and don't quite hit all the switches. When this happens, and you drain a ball, you have to wait for a ball search, which will cause the balls to reseat. I attached some pics to show what I mean.
Any ideas on fixing this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Curious if you ever got this resolved?

There's been at least 100 games played on mine since I bent the bracket back, and there hasn't been a single failure to kick a ball yet...(knocks on wood).

#3608 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Curious if you ever got this resolved?

There's been at least 100 games played on mine since I bent the bracket back, and there hasn't been a single failure to kick a ball yet...(knocks on wood).

Funny you should ask. It was on route when it got the worst, and I passed the information on to the arcade tech. Apparently didn't work, so rather than continue to work by proxy, I just swapped it out for SMB and brought it home. I'm busy with moving a BK2K out of the shop, so once that's out of the way, I'll open up Baywatch and see what's going on.

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Nice! Didn't know those pens existed. I also have a large collection of paint for Warhammer type models, including a clear coat. I wonder if that could work, or if I need an automotive type clear?

Yes I use automotive clear in a spraycan. You can also use that to with a brush to touch up the playfield in small places. Again this will not be A+ HEP quality, but sufficient in normal situations to touch up these playfields and protects them.

#3610 3 years ago

I also painted the watchtower

1603293474810990515836231216438 (resized).jpg1603293474810990515836231216438 (resized).jpg
#3611 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Joined the club last week. Installed the game yesterday and notice that. WTH could have happen there!?[quoted image]

I have a x-tra lifeguard shack from a "nos" playfield. Make a offer I can't refuse.

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I have a x-tra lifeguard shack from a "nos" playfield. Make a offer I can't refuse.

Geez man I just ordered a used one like 1h ago...Bad timing! Paid 100$ CND...

#3613 3 years ago

I mean with a couple 3d printed top railings (or any other material that you can think of to replace the missing ones), and about an 20 minutes of time with some good plastic model paint, and you'd be better than new, as highlighted by PeterG...

#3614 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I mean with a couple 3d printed top railings (or any other material that you can think of to replace the missing ones), and about an 20 minutes of time with some good plastic model paint, and you'd be better than new, as highlighted by PeterG...

Thought about it, but it would also have required to remodel the part that are burnt (in between the holes) with putty or something… At this point I'll just get a used one.

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Looking to install chad's rom 4.01 Theres a note about running display rom 4.00 on pinball code webpage "make sure your game is running DISPLAY VERSION 4.00 for proper game functionality. " My game has display V4.02 for rom3 and rom0.
Anybody know if these are compatible? Is it display version 4.00 and up or has to be 4.00? I actually couldnt even find any info on 4.02?

Better late than never! Just figured I'd upload a pic to show anyone who cares. Still havent installed the 4.1 chad rom but when I do will report if everything is smooth.

8757 (resized).jpg8757 (resized).jpg
#3616 3 years ago

Baywatch is a $4000 game now! Per a recent sale.

What is everyone going to replace it with when they sell it?

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Holy smokes! Did someone send coil voltage down the lamp line? Gnarly.

#3618 3 years ago

Made some target decals with a segmented shark on the shark targets.
Really happy with them. Fully laminated heavy duty.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/04351-baywatch-target-and-drop-down-decals-

IMG_20201020_135501_14 (resized).jpgIMG_20201020_135501_14 (resized).jpgIMG_20201020_135516 (resized).jpgIMG_20201020_135516 (resized).jpg
#3619 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made some target decals with a segmented shark on the shark targets.
Really happy with them. Fully laminated heavy duty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/04351-baywatch-target-and-drop-down-decals-
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good work. They look good.

#3620 3 years ago

Every time I hit the left flipper the slingshots fire, does anyone have a solution as to why this may happen?

#3621 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Every time I hit the left flipper the slingshots fire, does anyone have a solution as to why this may happen?

Switch leaves are gapped too close ?
Did you adjust the switches or replace the rubbers ?

#3622 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Switch leaves are gapped too close ?
Did you adjust the switches or replace the rubbers ?

It was most of the row not just the 2 slingshots so made an adjustment to the flipper board funny enough and it seems fine for now

#3623 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It was most of the row not just the 2 slingshots so made an adjustment to the flipper board funny enough and it seems fine for now

What kind of adjustment did you make to the flipper board?

#3624 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yes the slingshots gap is too close

1 week later
#3625 3 years ago

Hi all I started a full restore a while ago. Now that I'm trying to get it back together my sd card with all my teardown pic on it isn't working.. can someone share theres with me? I mostly need top of playfield .. heres some pics of it so far. But its going to be a tough go for the rest of the way

20200719_101713 (resized).jpg20200719_101713 (resized).jpg20200724_174131 (resized).jpg20200724_174131 (resized).jpg20200802_085235 (resized).jpg20200802_085235 (resized).jpg20200808_092934 (resized).jpg20200808_092934 (resized).jpg
#3626 3 years ago

tonycip the powder coating looks amazing. I currentlyy have all the ramps off my playfield. Let me know what you need pics of and I'll get them for you.

#3627 3 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Hi all I started a full restore a while ago. Now that I'm trying to get it back together my sd card with all my teardown pic on it isn't working.. can someone share theres with me? I mostly need top of playfield .. heres some pics of it so far. But its going to be a tough go for the rest of the way
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LMK what you need. You can come take a look at mine if needed.

#3628 3 years ago

I started my playfield tear down to replace bands, LEDs, and clean. I have a bit of a delay because I forgot to buy a Cliffy set prior. I contacted Cliff and business is good for him, as he has an approximate 3 week backlog. Oh well, I'll wait to put everything back together when they come in, as it will be much easier. Now I have pinball parts all over the living room. This was one dirty game. I have one question. In the first pic I circled two posts. I would like to know if your game had rings on these posts (manual says there should be). Mine did not and honestly, I'm not sure if the rubber has ever been replaced on this game. I wonder if perhaps these rings were removed to help with the skill shot.

IMG_20201107_154235987 (resized).jpgIMG_20201107_154235987 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_154254629 (resized).jpgIMG_20201107_154254629 (resized).jpg

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I started my playfield tear down to replace bands, LEDs, and clean. I have a bit of a delay because I forgot to buy a Cliffy set prior. I contacted Cliff and business is good for him, as he has an approximate 3 week backlog. Oh well, I'll wait to put everything back together when they come in, as it will be much easier. Now I have pinball parts all over the living room. This was one dirty game. I have one question. In the first pic I circled two posts. I would like to know if your game had rings on these posts (manual says there should be). Mine did not and honestly, I'm not sure if the rubber has ever been replaced on this game. I wonder if perhaps these rings were removed to help with the skill shot.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine has rubber on plastic post but not on the metal.post.

#3630 3 years ago

Left the club after 8 years this past week, it was the longest a pin has ever stayed in my collection. Baywatch will remain one of my favorite pins, but getting close to $4K for mine was too tempting and I needed the cash for a Batman '66 cause my GF is a Batman fanatic.

TMNT2020 has a very Baywatch-ish feel in the layout and has eased the pain of seeing Pam go.

I hope you fellow lifeguards continue enjoying the game. It is a classic.

#3631 3 years ago

Thanks @yellowghost. I put the ring on the one under the pastic already, so I'll keep it and will leave the other post bare. Interesting though, when I romoved the rings from the posts separating the pop bumper roll overs they were the same size, but the manual had a different size for top of divider and bottom. I followed the manual. The manual did mess up one sling size, which required yet another order to Titan. There is a theme here. I must love paying for shipping.

@taygeta, BM66 is a great game. I am also a fan of Dark Knight. I haven't played TMNT yet, but hope to soon.

#3632 3 years ago

Hi,
Looking for the ramps decals? Is there a place where to buy?
Thanks

#3634 3 years ago

Powder coating is fun!

20201114_181137 (resized).jpg20201114_181137 (resized).jpg20201114_181307 (resized).jpg20201114_181307 (resized).jpg
#3635 3 years ago

That looks great what powder do you use to get that effect?

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That looks great what powder do you use to get that effect?

Illusions Cherry ,but you need to use a top coat of Clear vision , for the color to come out right .
it's a prismatic powders color, you can google it . I tried to put a link but the site wont allow it.

#3637 3 years ago

Then i guess i need to unstick and stick them on my new ramp. ( lucky enough to find one, i have to be satisfied with that)

1 week later
#3638 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with the left inlane wireform return, quite often the ball bounces around and skips into the outlane. I think Im going to make a lexan inlane ball guide extender and see if that stops the ball but Im wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if there is another solution to it.

Here is a slow motion video of the issue:

Ball returns at :17, :58, and :143 seconds

#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with the left inlane wireform return, quite often the ball bounces around and skips into the outlane. I think Im going to make a lexan inlane ball guide extender and see if that stops the ball but Im wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if there is another solution to it.
Here is a slow motion video of the issue:
Ball returns at :17, :58, and :143 seconds

Can you tighten that outlane guide? looks loose.

#3640 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Can you tighten that outlane guide? looks loose.

That outlane guide is actually just a piece of construction paper that I was cutting out as a template for the lexan.

#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That outlane guide is actually just a piece of construction paper that I was cutting out as a template for the lexan.

Can you loosen the screw for the ramp drop, and adjust (the ramp side to side a bit) so it falls straight down better?

#3642 3 years ago

I could loosen and move the wireform but the ball bounces around and can go left or right at different times, I think in the video all 3 times it bounces in different directions.

So, here is my "solution" for now. So far its helped but I could definitely see balls still getting past it. But time will tell.

20201127_150038 (resized).jpg20201127_150038 (resized).jpg20201127_151220 (resized).jpg20201127_151220 (resized).jpg
#3643 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So, here is my "solution" for now. So far its helped but I could definitely see balls still getting past it. But time will tell.

The ball should come out of the "4-prong wire cage" under control and in a predictable direction (straight down) every time. The exit prongs are not set correctly. If it were my machine, I would take that wireform off (as well as the homemade plastic guide), place a ball in the "bird cage" and bend the prongs inward (by using a length of steel tubing or hollow punch with an I.D. that will just fit over the end of the wire prongs, or you could just use pliers) to minimize the clearance so that the ball is forced to slow down and exit under control and straight down. If you do that, I guarantee that you won't need the guide.

Edit: Also, it may just be the angle, but the 2 long prongs appear to be angled a bit toward each other. You want all 4 prongs to surround the ball equidistantly as it exits, so those 2 prongs may need to be bent outward away from each other a tiny bit.

#3644 3 years ago

Could anyone send me a pic of the wireform exit area?

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

LOL

way ahead of ya, check your messages

#3646 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Here's a pretty good shot from post #821:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

LOL

way ahead of ya, check your messages

Oh yeah, thats like a 90 degree angle. Mines like a 45 degree angle. That will make a difference. Thanks!

#3648 3 years ago

You're welcome! LOL.

#3649 3 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You're welcome! LOL.

Thanks to you as well!

#3650 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Thanks to you as well!

Don't mention it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/73?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.