Topic Stats

• 3,569 posts
  • 241 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 831 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200917_212233935 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200917_180403278 (resized).jpg
20200829_212106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200912_204025384 (resized).jpg
CBDDBB73-13FA-4EF4-A645-D96E7F451170 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 9.57.29 AM (resized).png
IMG_20200720_165944 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200720_170008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200720_170718_12 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200720_170713 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200720_170656_BURST13 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200720_170739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200720_170730 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20200530_111552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200530_111557 (resized).jpg

There are 3569 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.
#3551 3 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Baywatch Blue sold here:
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm
I haven't used it myself, so cannot tell you how well it matches.

Yeah, tough to trust a paint match after 25 years with possible fading occurring.

Best (if touch ups) is to just mix and match?

#3552 3 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Baywatch Blue sold here:
http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm
I haven't used it myself, so cannot tell you how well it matches.

Thanks, I saw that, but $10 an ounce plus shipping (I'm guessing), ouch.

Reminds me of the tiny jar of Big Green Egg touch up paint I bought earlier this year. It wasn't even the right shade of green.

#3553 3 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Thanks, I saw that, but $10 an ounce plus shipping (I'm guessing), ouch.

You might want to contact pinsider VladM. I think he took part of his cabinet to Sherwin-Williams and had it color matched, and said it was perfect. Maybe he has some left over? If you take his forumula to SW, you'll probably end up spending $30, but you'll get a quart. The only other thing you can do is buy the little acrylic hobby paints and dick around trying to match the color. You'll probably end up spending $20 doing that and not be satisfied with the match anyway. Blue hues can be difficult to match.

#3554 3 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You might want to contact pinsider VladM. I think he took part of his cabinet to Sherwin-Williams and had it color matched, and said it was perfect. Maybe he has some left over? If you take his forumula to SW, you'll probably end up spending $30, but you'll get a quart. The only other thing you can do is buy the little acrylic hobby paints and dick around trying to match the color. You'll probably end up spending $20 doing that and not be satisfied with the match anyway. Blue hues can be difficult to match.

I saw VladM 's post when I was searching about a week ago and PM'd him. I haven't heard back yet. No rush though. My backup was to go to Lowe's and get a but load of blue paper paint samples and see if one happens to be very close. I'm definately not mixing my self with hobby paint because I'll never get a match. 1oz from pinball universe just wouldn't go that far. The cabinet really doesn't need any touchup except maybe on the corners up front. However, the back box, like most has dings in the blue. Luckily, the Baywatch lettering is pretty darn good, so just the blue is needed.

Soldering iron came in today, so now my lose switch diode is fixed. Glad I put in an order to Titan last night because one of the rubbers on a back standup post broke apart today.

#3555 2 days ago

I just picked up a Baywatch! I'm having an issue with the multiball. When I get the 3rd lock the multiball starts but I'm not getting that last ball that did the 3rd lock. Once I get down to only one ball on the playfield the multiball is still going on. If I drain it then it will do a ball search and then shoot out a ball to continue play. Could anyone help me with this issue? Big thanks in advance!

#3556 2 days ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I just picked up a Baywatch! I'm having an issue with the multiball. When I get the 3rd lock the multiball starts but I'm not getting that last ball that did the 3rd lock. Once I get down to only one ball on the playfield the multiball is still going on. If I drain it then it will do a ball search and then shoot out a ball to continue play. Could anyone help me with this issue? Big thanks in advance!

Probably an issue with the trough switches. More than likely the game has not registered that 4 of the 5 balls (then all 5 when you lose the last one in play) have drained. Usually a prime suspect on DE and Sega games.

#3557 2 days ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Probably an issue with the trough switches. More than likely the game has not registered that 4 of the 5 balls (then all 5 when you lose the last one in play) have drained. Usually a prime suspect on DE and Sega games.

I'll check that out for sure. Thanks for the advice. It's just strange that it recognizes all the balls when I start a game. If there was a trough switch issue wouldn't it be trying to find a ball continuously?

#3558 2 days ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I'll check that out for sure. Thanks for the advice. It's just strange that it recognizes all the balls when I start a game. If there was a trough switch issue wouldn't it be trying to find a ball continuously?

It may try one time when turned on. If it couldn’t find it then it will play with the number of balls it has. It’s a feature of being on location. Operators and facility owners aren’t always there to retrieve a stuck ball. So the machine would check on startup and go with what it has.

I agree with checking your trough switches and if all are good then check the subway connections. If it’s registering multiball then the subway switch sounds like it’s working.

#3559 2 days ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I have had the same issue on my Jurassic Park. Take a look at the trough and how the balls sit and if they are depressing the switches all the way. You can also take them out and put the game in test and roll one in at and time and make sure they all register. It may not be a true "issue" with the switch but that trough design is notorious for balls getting hung up on the trough itself or the switches and not rolling all the way down.

#3560 2 days ago

DE ball trough issues - Useful video from Chad

#3561 2 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I saw VladM 's post when I was searching about a week ago and PM'd him.

The funny thing is he had sent me a photo of the paint can that had the mix codes on it about 7 or 8 months ago - I saved the photo on my phone -and deleted the email. I was going to get a quart next time I happened to be at a SW paint center, but as usual I procrastinated and about 2 months later, my phone punked out on me and I lost all the data on it. That's what I get for procrastinating! I was hoping someone else in this topic had contacted him and could post it.

#3562 2 days ago

I appreciate all the help everyone! I'll start investigating and report back. Thanks!

#3563 2 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The funny thing is he had sent me a photo of the paint can that had the mix codes on it about 7 or 8 months ago - I saved the photo on my phone -and deleted the email. I was going to get a quart next time I happened to be at a SW paint center, but as usual I procrastinated and about 2 months later, my phone punked out on me and I lost all the data on it. That's what I get for procrastinating! I was hoping someone else in this topic had contacted him and could post it.

Bummer. Murphy's law sucks.

#3564 2 days ago

I would note that on my Baywatch, there is no physical switch like that video shows. It's an opto.

#3565 1 day ago

Sorry, no before/after pics, but i can't believe I haven't seen it talked about on this thread yet. The glare from the DMD was worse than other games mainly because it's larger. I really couldn't see the back of the game hardly at all. Tonight I installed Comet's ant-glare screen and I have pretty much no glare at all. I'm very happy with this product.

I put in all the easyGI LEDs, controlled lamps, and flashers tonight as well, but my count was off, so another order to Comet made tonight. I'm not going to attempt most of the GI yet, but maybe in a few months if other bulbs start to go out. I'm not excited about it.

I cannot wait for Chad's code to come in.

#3566 1 day ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry, no before/after pics, but i can't believe I haven't seen it talked about on this thread yet. The glare from the DMD was worse than other games mainly because it's larger. I really couldn't see the back of the game hardly at all. Tonight I installed Comet's ant-glare screen and I have pretty much no glare at all. I'm very happy with this product.
I put in all the easyGI LEDs, controlled lamps, and flashers tonight as well, but my count was off, so another order to Comet made tonight. I'm not going to attempt most of the GI yet, but maybe in a few months if other bulbs start to go out. I'm not excited about it.
I cannot wait for Chad's code to come in.

Where do you install the anti glare screen? Behind the speaker panel?

#3567 1 day ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where do you install the anti glare screen? Behind the speaker panel?

It goes right on the DMD. I thought about putting it behind the speaker panel because I thought maybe it would be easier. It wasn't and didn't fit in the hole, so I did what they recommend and put on the DMD face. It will be easy to transfer if I switch to ColorDMD.

#3568 1 day ago

I bought the "bent plastic" from PBL i believe? works good.

#3569 21 hours ago

IMG_20200917_180403278 (resized).jpg

I got the 4.01 roms today. I opened the box and holy cow, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Fortunetly, I didn't make too big of a mess on the floor.

I put a gray mini flipper rubber on the shark, which looks a lot better than black. I also went with light blue sling shots. I knew shopping this is a bitch, but didn't expect so much trouble just to change the left slingshot rubber. sheesh. The purple flipper bands on the bottom flippers were already on the game when I bought. They are in great shape, so no reason to replace. My wife likes the purple, it says 90's.

When replacing bulbs I noticed the siren lights on the playfield boat are actually inserts. My bulbs were burned out and now there's some light in the middle of the playfield now.

IMG_20200917_212233935 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3569 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside