IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
20231226_091120 (resized).jpg
Baywatch (resized).jpg
IMG_0416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6100 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 102.
#3451 3 years ago

The normal multiball when you shoot the tower 3 times after locks.Earthquake, when all modes have been played. And tourist Season is a multiball. For the rest?

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The normal multiball when you shoot the tower 3 times after locks.Earthquake, when all modes have been played. And tourist Season is a multiball. For the rest?

I concur with this.

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I also would like to know how many MB there were in this game?thx

There are three:

"Tourist Season" mode is a 2-ball multiball (collect all Lifeguards to start)
"Earthquake" is a 5-ball wizard mode multiball (complete all 7 modes, shoot center hole to start)
"Baywatch" multiball also uses 5 balls (complete drops to light locks, lock 3 balls in the tower. 5 main shots are jackpots, shark hole is Super, side ramp is extra-super.)

#3454 3 years ago

Hi there,
If someone is willing to sell a NOS playfield that you finally don’t use, please contact me.
Thanks

If you don't mind shipping from the US, there is this one.

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

If you don't mind shipping from the US, there is this one.

Which one and price please?
Maybe in mp.
Thanks

#3456 3 years ago

just dropped a colordmd in mine and wow does it look awesome, if anyone is in need of a perfect condition original display for a reasonable price let me know

#3458 3 years ago

Holy fuck, maybe they'll take an offer?

And it't the ultra rare - Data East one...

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Insight into what makes this ultra rare?

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

How is the data east copy different from the sega?

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

How is the data east copy different from the sega?

Sorry, laying thick sarcasm doesnt relate well in text. It's a Sega. There will not be a Data East Baywatch playfield. hence the ultra rare

#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Ha. colonel_caverne I forgot the link. ebay.com link » Data East Baywatch Pinball Playfield Nos

Well, this is out of my range price. I was thinking around 700-800$. Am I wrong?

#3463 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Ha. colonel_caverne I forgot the link. ebay.com link » Data East Baywatch Pinball Playfield Nos

Besides a little wear at the shark hole - my playfield is in great shape. The clearcoat seems really thick. No wear at any inserts. Most Baywatch I see seem to have held up pretty good.

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Thanks.
Yep - I was just trying it again. Set on YES then everything is fine. Odd that mine was set to NO - my friend had only played a few games with the new code and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been messing about with the adjustments.
And yeah just looked at chads notes on http://www.pinballcode.com/bw401
Made it so Adjustment 51 will Enable or Disable the Left Ramp Trap Door (default is Enabled/Yes). If the Trap Door is disabled then a regular Left Ramp shot will always count as the same Lock or Jackpot shot.
Thanks again. I can now stop scratching my head

OK - weird behaviour time.

This raised its head again.
The machine had been packed up for 6 months. I set it up , start a game and the trap door isn't opening to lock balls. Gate switch and trap door test fine.

Check Adjustment 51 - it is set to YES so should work.

Just to check I'm not confused with setting I set it to NO - try in game, same problem - trap door disabled.

I set it back to YES - and it's all fine, the trap door opens to lock balls

Anyone else experienced this.

#3465 3 years ago

Hi,
Does someone have a spare of drop target plastic? Or where can I find one? Thanks

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Besides a little wear at the shark hole - my playfield is in great shape. The clearcoat seems really thick. No wear at any inserts. Most Baywatch I see seem to have held up pretty good.

Agreed...mine is in really good shape from a playfield perspective and most I've seen have actually held up quite well.

#3467 3 years ago

Hi,
Does someone have a spare of drop target plastic? Or where can I find one? Thanks

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1051

#3468 3 years ago

Looking for the plastic above the drop targets.
Sorry for my bad English

#3469 3 years ago

Looking for the plastic above the drop targets.
Sorry for my bad English

Someone had re-made these. Hmmm. Check around a bit

Edit- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-drop-target-plastic-and-or-shooter-boat-plastic

#3470 3 years ago

Thanks. I shoot him a mp.
Do you know if the original manual is this cheap copy sheets? Nothing that looks like a B/W Manual?

#3471 3 years ago

Thanks. I shoot him a mp.
Do you know if the original manual is this cheap copy sheets? Nothing that looks like a B/W Manual?

I downloaded and printed from ipdb for mine and tossed in a binder

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

OK - weird behaviour time.
This raised its head again.
The machine had been packed up for 6 months. I set it up , start a game and the trap door isn't opening to lock balls. Gate switch and trap door test fine.
Check Adjustment 51 - it is set to YES so should work.
Just to check I'm not confused with setting I set it to NO - try in game, same problem - trap door disabled.
I set it back to YES - and it's all fine, the trap door opens to lock balls
Anyone else experienced this.

You tested the switch by manually pushing a ball up the ramp I assume?
I would change the switch anyway. I came across I switch that was internally damaged. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Turned out to be a coincidense that it wanted to work in switch test, but not when in a game.

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

You tested the switch by manually pushing a ball up the ramp I assume?
I would change the switch anyway. I came across I switch that was internally damaged. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Turned out to be a coincidense that it wanted to work in switch test, but not when in a game.

Yes - with a ball and seemed fine. I may change it anyway. As you say might be coincidence. The entry switch on the Caroline ramp was intermittant last year and needed changing. Maybe they are all original and reaching the end of their lives

1 week later
#3474 3 years ago

My Baywatch has started repeatedly firing the ball upkicker coil multiple times each ball even though a ball has been kicked up to the shooter. I’m suspecting an opto problem? When the upkicker fires and breaks the beam are both opto lights supposed to turn off?

#3475 3 years ago

I had that, too. Cleaned the optos and it went away. But if it persists, I'd change them out.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I had that, too. Cleaned the optos and it went away. But if it persists, I'd change them out.

I cleaned the opto boards and it still happens. To change them isn’t cheap. Would that be the only thing causing the coil to fire multiple times every time a ball is launched?

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I cleaned the opto boards and it still happens. To change them isn’t cheap. Would that be the only thing causing the coil to fire multiple times every time a ball is launched?

Well if the game keeps shooting out more than one ball at a time when it shouldn't then it most likely an opto problem. If the coil in the shooter lane keeps firing then it is likely the shooter lane switch in front of the plunger needs adjustment or is bad.

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Well if the game keeps shooting out more than one ball at a time when it shouldn't then it most likely an opto problem. If the coil in the shooter lane keeps firing then it is likely the shooter lane switch in front of the plunger needs adjustment or is bad.

It shoots just 1 ball into the shooter lane, never more but then the coil fires a few times thinking a ball probably isn’t in the shooter lane. I’ll look at the switch in the shooter lane cheers

#3479 3 years ago

Every so often, I'll get a "similar" but different issue; when the game goes to serve a ball to the shooter lane (at start of game, at the start of each subsequent ball, etc.), the trough coil will fire multiple times, sometimes 7 or 8, before it will kick a ball into the shooter lane. I generally overcome this by giving the right side of the cabinet a swift "love tap", like one might do for an aggressive slap save, and it kicks a ball every time. I've taken the coil apart, cleaned it, as well as the kicker mech itself. I'm thinking maybe it's getting bound up somehow? As you can look down into the area the game stages the ball to (where the optos are), I can see that once a ball is kicked to this area, it immediately then fires the ball up into the shooter lane, so I know the optos are good. Any ideas?

#3480 3 years ago

Ok, just to be clear, there are two mechs here. The mech that shoots the ball from the trough into the shooter lane, and the mech that launches the ball into play. The first one is an opto set that are looking for balls in the lowest part of the trough. If either isn't working, it will think that there is a ball in there and try to clear it. That happens to me on occasion, and cleaning the optos and/or reseating the connectors fixes it.
The other would be the shooter lane firing. That would be the switch in the rail.

EDIT: I would try replacing the actual opto components before changing the boards. That shouldn't be very expensive.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Ok, just to be clear, there are two mechs here. The mech that shoots the ball from the trough into the shooter lane, and the mech that launches the ball into play. The first one is an opto set that are looking for balls in the lowest part of the trough. If either isn't working, it will think that there is a ball in there and try to clear it. That happens to me on occasion, and cleaning the optos and/or reseating the connectors fixes it.
The other would be the shooter lane firing. That would be the switch in the rail.
EDIT: I would try replacing the actual opto components before changing the boards. That shouldn't be very expensive.

Is the "staging area/upkicker" (the mini-trough under the surfer decal, with the optos and it's own coil up-kicker to shoot the ball into the shooter lane) not a separate mech from the main trough, with it's own coil/kicker that moves the ball to the mini trough?

i.e. balls travel through main trough (and their associated roller switches), ball is then kicked by the coil at the end of the main trough to the staging area/mini-trough with optos, then ball is up-kicked by another coil into the actual shooter lane. That's how mine is, at least. Or so I think it is, haha.

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

i.e. balls travel through main trough (and their associated roller switches), ball is then kicked by the coil at the end of the main trough to the staging area/mini-trough with optos, then ball is up-kicked by another coil into the actual shooter lane. That's how mine is, at least. Or so I think it is, haha.

Yes. It's the staging area, for lack of a better word, that occasionally kicks on mine. So far, cleaning the optos with a cotton swab works. If it ever fails, I'll replace the optos, then the board if needed.

#3483 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It shoots just 1 ball into the shooter lane, never more but then the coil fires a few times thinking a ball probably isn’t in the shooter lane. I’ll look at the switch in the shooter lane cheers

Then it could also be the shooter lane switch aswell. Switch the opto from another machine if you have too. Then do the same for the lane switch. At least you can determine what you need to replace.

1 week later
#3484 3 years ago

So, this weekend, my launcher started acting weak. I thought it was just misaligned so didn't immediately do anything. Then, I realized it was locked on and smoking....
I let it cool down, then I tried clipping out the diode. Replaced it, no change. In fact, lots of solenoids weren't working. I changed out the fuse and got that sorted. Still locking on. Changed the coil to one I happened to have lying around. No change. I changed out Q44 and it's still doing it. I've got some pre-drive transistors coming, so I'll swap that next. Any suggestions on what else to look for in the meantime?

#3485 3 years ago

Hi,
Is it possible to source the dual plastic ramp and a fully plastic set with ramp ones?
Thanks

#3486 3 years ago

Can someone send me scans of this plastic ramp, especially "ironman" one if in very good condition?
thanks

#3487 3 years ago

Can someone send me scans of this plastic ramp, especially "ironman" one if in very good condition?
thanks

I have that ramp, there has a repair done near the back though, let me know if interested

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

So, this weekend, my launcher started acting weak. I thought it was just misaligned so didn't immediately do anything. Then, I realized it was locked on and smoking....
I let it cool down, then I tried clipping out the diode. Replaced it, no change. In fact, lots of solenoids weren't working. I changed out the fuse and got that sorted. Still locking on. Changed the coil to one I happened to have lying around. No change. I changed out Q44 and it's still doing it. I've got some pre-drive transistors coming, so I'll swap that next. Any suggestions on what else to look for in the meantime?

Possibly a short somewhere in the harness? Something rubbed through? Can you remove the launch coil and then possibly do a coil test? Do you get the behavior even when the playfield is up in service position?

The popped fuse would have me chasing a short.

From past posts, you are obviously competent...sounds like it's meter time. Please keep us posted, and good luck.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have that ramp, there has a repair done near the back though, let me know if interested

hi,
i'm interested in this one as long as the wood screws areas are in good condition.
can you send me a pic please on mp or on my email. thanks

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Possibly a short somewhere in the harness? Something rubbed through? Can you remove the launch coil and then possibly do a coil test? Do you get the behavior even when the playfield is up in service position?

Turns out, it was the TIP36C that had died.

#3491 3 years ago

Glad you got it sorted out!

1 week later
#3492 3 years ago

i'm amazed that Sega used machine screws to hold many parts (plastics, flash dome..) on metal parts. or is it a peculiarity on my game?

also, did anyone try to match the blue of cabinet on RAL palette?

#3494 3 years ago

Finished my BW restoration with clear coated playfield, new ramps and powder coated trim. Only took me 8 years to finally do it!

IMG_20200720_170656_BURST13 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170656_BURST13 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170713 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170713 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170730 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170730 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170739 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170739 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170718_12 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170718_12 (resized).jpg
#3495 3 years ago

I have some spare kick plastics if anybody needs them. $15 plus $5 postage.
They seem to break all the time.

IMG_20200720_170008 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_170008 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_165944 (resized).jpgIMG_20200720_165944 (resized).jpg
#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Finished my BW restoration with clear coated playfield, new ramps and powder coated trim. Only took me 8 years to finally do it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from BioBa:

I have some spare kick plastics if anybody needs them. $15 plus $5 postage.
They seem to break all the time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

After loading photos in the "Attach Images" box, you can hover over each picture to see additional controls. The center one will rotate the image until it's at the correct orientation. Then you can click the "+" on the left to add your photo to the post.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 9.57.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 9.57.29 AM (resized).png

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Finished my BW restoration with clear coated playfield, new ramps and powder coated trim. Only took me 8 years to finally do it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, 8 years!

Which RAL did you use to powder coat your trims? Did the color matchs the cabinet?
Thanks

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I was all “I don’t need to powder coat “
Then I saw your pics. Damn it lol

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

After loading photos in the "Attach Images" box, you can hover over each picture to see additional controls. The center one will rotate the image until it's at the correct orientation. Then you can click the "+" on the left to add your photo to the post.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Will do that next time. Unfortunately I have past the 24 hour window to still do it.

#3500 3 years ago

Wow, 8 years!
Which RAL did you use to powder coat your trims? Did the color matchs the cabinet?
Thanks

I honestly don't know. The powder coater showed me a picture of toy tractor he did in that blue lol. It looked perfect and I said go ahead. When I got it the trim back it matched the cabinet colour perfectly. I guess I was lucky!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.