20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 103.
#301 8 years ago

Joined the club a couple of weeks ago. Picked up a beaut.....plays nice and fast. Great game!! Something about the larger DMD does it for me....and hasselhoffs large cranium SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAA

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#302 8 years ago

Anyone have one to sell me yet?

#303 8 years ago

Hey gang! Does anyone have an extra speedboat plastic that goes over the shooter lane area? My coil for the auto launch got so hot that it has a gnarly melted spot on it now.
Thanks for any help!

#304 8 years ago

Pinballerchef, congrats! Looks like an excellent pf, with no Shark-hole wear!!!

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Pinballerchef, congrats! Looks like an excellent pf, with no Shark-hole wear!!!

Thanks Nate!! It's true.....no wear at the shark hole and the PF and cab are in excellent condition. I'm happy I joined the club....it's a worthy addition.

#307 8 years ago

tsskinne, great! Post photos when you get it. Curious, are the original legs powdercoated black? Seems like they should be, mine are silver..........also what is the original color of the cab buttons - I have one yellow and one white.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I am returning!!!

So glad that Tommy can get his Baywatch back! I've really always felt guilty for having your game, knowing that you didn't really want to sell it when I bought it from you.

#309 8 years ago

Ah I had no problem selling it. It was replacing it with tftc that I ended up not loving that hurt. It's what happens when you listen to others on Pinside instead of just knowing that you already like. Anyway glad it's coming back, next time we can just work out some long term trades haha. See you Thursday evening.

#310 8 years ago

I have also felt guilt for buying Waldo's Baywatch, but got relief this week when I got word that he found another one to bring back into the fold. Baywatch is seriously a keeper for me. I love it!

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have also felt guilt for buying Waldo's Baywatch, but got relief this week when I got word that he found another one to bring back into the fold. Baywatch is seriously a keeper for me. I love it!

Baywatch is a real players machine. Too bad about the theme, otherwise it's the best SEGA for sure.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Baywatch is a real players machine. Too bad about the theme, otherwise it's the best SEGA for sure.

I love the theme. I really don't see what is to not like about it. Beach babes from the 90s and great blue eyed singing sensastion on the translite. I really do think the theme is classic in so many ways.

Aside from that, Yes it is one hell of a player and very deep. Tons of cool features and a fairly challenging game.

Also probably the best set of skillshots in all of pinball

#313 8 years ago

Their the limp wrist fellows

#314 8 years ago

I think she missed me too!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-846.jpgimage-846.jpg
#315 8 years ago

Anyone that has not dropped in the aftermarket LED board for this game should. It is a great addition.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone that has not dropped in the aftermarket LED board for this game should. It is a great addition.

I 2nd that. It really, really works for BW. It's a quality product that can be adjusted to anyone's liking.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Fill me in please?

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And me please, apparently I'm not the only one out of the loop on this one.

#319 8 years ago

Joined the club not too long ago. I'm working on adding a shaker motor:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-home-made-shaker
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-shaker-motor-need-help#post-2511647

So far I've at least confirmed that the state of Solenoid driver #15 changes from ground to open when the pop bumpers are triggered. A little frustrating that it has the opposite output of all the other Solenoid drivers, but a relay should fix that.

#321 8 years ago

I got a hair up my ass and decided to do a complete tear down on Baywatch. I took some pictures but apparently not enough. I have two plastics that I do not know where they go. Would someone be so kind to take a picture of them on their machine and post them for me? I greatly appreciate it

image-272.jpgimage-272.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-666.jpgimage-666.jpg
#322 8 years ago

The EnerGI Maestro is an excellent product for a lot of DE machines as well.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I got a hair up my ass and decided to do a complete tear down on Baywatch. I took some pictures but apparently not enough. I have two plastics that I do not know where they go. Would someone be so kind to take a picture of them on their machine and post them for me? I greatly appreciate it

image-272.jpg
image.jpg
image-666.jpg

Never mind fellas, I figured it out...under the life guard tower

#324 8 years ago

Aww I was just getting a picture ready for ya, oh well posting it anyway! IMG_0592.JPGIMG_0592.JPG

2 weeks later
#325 8 years ago

Baywatch in the Hizzouse!! Man I love this game. Picked it up on Saturday. I really want to shop it out but it plays fine and I just wanna play it!! Maybe I'll do it in a couple of months.

There's so much to do. Shame there's no rule sheet as I haven't got a clue what I'm doing yet. Ploughing through the threads on here with anything BW.

My skill shot definitely needs some adjustment as it's more like 10%.

The previous owner managed to drop the entire playfield inside the cabinet. Bending all the wireforms out of alignment and shredding the flipper boards inside the cab.

Just a quick observation. Sometimes when I lock a ball I'm served a new ball and others seem to come out of the tower (or so it seems) is this normal or have I got something awry?

Previous owner powder coated the hinges, rails, lockdown bar and legs yellow and has also changed the colours of the flasher domes. The jury's out for me at the moment. Think I prefer stock black rails etc.. and red dome covers

The powder coat got scratched up when he dropped the pf.

Anyone got a topper for sale?

A couple of quick phone pics of mine. She'll be staying a while.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#326 8 years ago

Sciddley - No balls should be coming out of the life guard Tower . Look to see if the ball is getting stuck on a switch or something . That is one shot I always try to make (x4) before I lock a ball .

#327 8 years ago

Thanks tenacious. Think I've got bigger problems.

When I bought it the guy said it was randomly slam tilting.
He said he'd changed some switch diodes and it hasn't done it since. It hasn't done it to me either until tonight.... When I'm slap bang in the middle of Earthquake mode!! Agggghhhhh gutted. Probably won't see that again for years.

Any ideas why that might be.

Think I'll post another topic as well. Not sure I'll get my audience In this thread!!

1 week later
#328 8 years ago

can anyone tell the going price on a shopped baywatch in great players condition?
thanks

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

can anyone tell the going price on a shopped Baywatch in great players condition?
thanks

probably 1500plus but it is worth double IMHO. If you like a plain FUN game with LOTS to shoot for and BOOBS then BW is where it is at.

#330 8 years ago

I paid $1700 for mine in really good condition and feel like I got a deal on it. If it were suddenly to disappear right now, I'd probably pay $2500 to get it back.

#331 8 years ago

thanks guys i appreciate the info

#332 8 years ago

Just joined the club! Bought a Baywatch this past Sunday (my first pinball purchase)... and can't wait to log some time on it.

I would post pics, but it's still in the trailer as I don't have anyone available to help me move it out. But once I can get a friend over to help, I'll be sure to post a couple.

Only has a couple issues that I noticed right away such as a bumper cap missing, some lights out, and some slight cabinet wear. I'll delve further once I get it in the house.

Anyhow, excited about my first purchase and can't wait to discuss.

Edit: I paid $1,700 for it, and it's definitely not in optimal shape, but where I live, I felt that was a decent price. Looking at other posts, maybe I overpaid, but oh well.

1 month later
#333 8 years ago

nope 1700 is cheap nowadays! most ive seen are going for $2000 lately.

#334 8 years ago

Picked up a Baywatch yesterday in really great shape, play field looks almost perfect. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Cabinet also in good shape, a few touch ups on the head. I'll probably rebuild the lower flippers and the kick out and shooter coils seem a little weak so I'll clean them up a bit.

I need to LED it, any suggestions? Color match the inserts? Cool white GI?

Anything basic pointers on how to play? Have no idea what's going on.

Thx

#335 8 years ago

Well, one day in and game is down. Shooter coil bracket broke in half so coil isn't stable. $3 part from Marco, but no playing for a few days

#336 8 years ago

Anybody send me all the correct coils used on baywatch. Just need to know which coils for 4 flippers and vertical up kickers

#337 8 years ago

Which coil is this on baywatch??

image.jpgimage.jpg

#338 8 years ago

Flipper coils (from manual)

Lower right: 23-900
Lower left: 23-1100
Upper right: 23-1100
Upper left: 24-1570

Upper launch: 24-940

#339 8 years ago

Pics...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

#340 8 years ago

So, I'm adding some lovely LEDs to my Baywatch, and the inserts look great. I'm half way through the upper playfield and it looks like there's no way to swap out bulbs without dismantling most (all) ramps and putting everything back together. I looked at it for a couple minutes and can't see a way around this, but thought I'd put up a post before I tear in. Most pins I've LEDed I've been able to avoid full deconstruction, and would love that to be the case on this one!

Anybody who added LEDs have a better way?

#341 8 years ago

You are right HSD, you will have to do a little tear down to get to all the GIs. Not as bad as some mention though-hell even my dumb ass was able to do it

#342 8 years ago

I followed this guys instructions for a lot and it helped. Good luck

http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-how-to-tear-down-playfield.html?m=1

#343 8 years ago

Alright, well when I get the time at least I will know that there was not a better way! Thanks for the link, too!

In the meantime it looks even better with my little half-GI LED job--can't wait to see what it looks like when I'm finished.

3 weeks later
#344 8 years ago

Link to the thread about the new shaker motor mod available for Baywatch. I installed it last week and it's awesome!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-a-shaker-to-baywatch-wow#post-2678232

#345 8 years ago

Does anyone know what the differences are between rom v4.0 vs 3.0? Do I also need to update my display rom if I update the cpu rom?

#346 8 years ago

One more question, how do the skill shots work? When the ball plunges, it always goes to the lanes, how do you hit the other two shots?

#347 8 years ago

Note on the skill shots : First you must select witch shot your trying - next for the harder shots the game has to open the one way gate at the top right of the playfield , that lets the ball go all the way around . So check to see if the gate opens .

#348 8 years ago

Yeah, on the 2nd and 3rd skill shot choices, the gate up at the top right of the lanes should open for a brief period of time. If it is opening and the ball rarely makes it thru on those skill shots, then make sure the launcher plunger is centered and striking the ball dead on. Ball needs enough speed to make it thru the gate before it closes.

Can also watch the ball carefully to see where it consistent lands when exiting the wireform and make appropriate slight adjustments to the wireform. The ball will never 100% always make it thru the gate, but you should get it to where it does 7 out of 10 times.

I seem to recall something about a ROM revision that changed something or maybe fixed timing of the gate. I'm at the latest version 4.0, I think it is.

#349 8 years ago

Realized I have several subwoofers sitting around and just added one to the X-Files I'm selling this weekend. Didn't think it would do much for X-Files, but really does punch up the theme music and sounds.

So, making a cable and connecting one to Baywatch now...bet it makes a huge difference with that theme music since it's already very punchy.

#350 8 years ago

Thanks, I'll check the gate. I know my shooter needs an adjustment.

Related question, is there supposed to be a gate At the top near the "S" lane to prevent the ball from rolling back to the upper left flipper? Many times I'll hit the ball to the lanes and it will bounce back down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.