20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 103.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I bought that, and indeed the blue is darker. I think when you change all, it will not be noticed. I needed it for some broken plastics. overall quality is fair not excellent. I did not see another option for a complete set.

Thanks for replying. It’s most noticeable when 2 of the adjacent plastics are 2 different shades of blue

ECEFD352-ABD1-4392-90AC-AB09A31D97C6 (resized).jpegECEFD352-ABD1-4392-90AC-AB09A31D97C6 (resized).jpeg
#3302 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone ever have trouble with the launcher by the shark flipper? Mine is hitting a rail near the pops about 30% of the time, which ruins the third skill shot option.

Getting the game ABSOLUTELY level helped mine to be about 95% reliable, which still isn't as reliable as I'd like, however. Putting the ball through the rollovers every time is great for tournament play, but I like to mix it up at home.

Just set the game back up after doing a basement remodel, and of course, the relauncher isn't consistent, and the upkicker for the Pam scoop starting acting wonky, only recognizing a ball was in it about half the time. I'm guessing it's the looped/lasso shaped switch edge in the scoop that needs to be tweaked up or down a little.

#3303 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thanks for replying. It’s most noticeable when 2 of the adjacent plastics are 2 different shades of blue[quoted image]

Yes you will have to change all then

#3304 4 years ago

Hello from Kansas! I'm new here and recently picked up my first pin. I hadn't played in years and found myself dropping quarters in every machine I would pass, so down the rabbit hole I go.

Started looking for a game with lots of shots and a lot of replayability, as the plan is to just have one pin... we'll see how that goes. I grabbed a Baywatch locally that had been "refurbished" for a fair price. For being uneducated on pinball machines and impatient to get one home I think I did ok, but it needs some love for sure.

For those that don't know, "refurbished" apparently means "make it play ok and..."

Install one new flipper board and leave it haphazardly laying in the bottom of the cabinet.

Flashers are optional - the black/orange wire to the two under backbox flashers looks to have been cut/bypassed - the rest of the flashers have no bulbs.

Replace bulbs that are burned out with LEDs, but only if it takes less than two screws or nuts. Under the tower, pops, under ramps, etc all need replaced.

New rubbers on lower half of playfield only (see two screw/nut rule).

Clean where you can reach (see two screw/nut rule).

... I think that covers it. I have one other project to knock off of my honey-do list and this is on deck. Until then, I'm enjoying the heck out of this game!

Cheers!

#3305 4 years ago

Enjoy, best to start learning basic pinball stuff. So replacing lamps, checking wiring etc is good to do. All under the playfield is ok to to. Some tips from me
- Please make sure you turn off the machine and even unplug it when using a solder iron.
- Make pictures of all you remove.
- Almost all can be replaced
- Use new parts when replacing bulbs,leds, rubbers, posts, etc. Costs are low and make the machine brand new.
- Take good care of your machine, clean it regularly and wax it.
- Have fun and do aks all your questions here in the forum, since there is a ton of knowledge here for free

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone ever have trouble with the launcher by the shark flipper? Mine is hitting a rail near the pops about 30% of the time, which ruins the third skill shot option.

That hole is a little too wide I think. The ball doesnt always settle in the same spot. So I double sided taped a piece of aluminum to the side so the ball can only rest in the same spot. After that the kicker hit the balls straight every time.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

That hole is a little too wide I think. The ball doesnt always settle in the same spot. So I double sided taped a piece of aluminum to the side so the ball can only rest in the same spot. After that the kicker hit the balls straight every time.

Nice! I'll try that.

#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Do you have a pic by any chance?

#3309 4 years ago

can you post a video

#3310 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Do you have a pic by any chance?

I can try.

#3311 4 years ago

Thanks! What side side you tape to?

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks! What side side you tape to?

Left side. I can take a picture but its really simple to do if you already have the ramp and plastic removed.

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Left side. I can take a picture but its really simple to do if you already have the ramp and plastic removed.

Left side from which perspective? Looking down on it like I am playing the game?

#3314 4 years ago

I posted my Baywatch remastered version on Pinsound forum. I added the original series music, and some more, like Jaws theme on shark is in the bay mode, and ending sequence from the series. Including David Hasselhofs looking for freedom on tourist season. Try it out.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

This is IT!!! I would get a good kick around about 20 percent. Now 100 freekin percent. I always thought it was the door interfering... I added a stick of Bakelite I had with double side tape and slid it between the coil and the left ball guide (when facing the machine). The material is a hair over 1/16 inch - 2.5mm thick. And 3/8 tall any size should work as long as the new guide is held where the ball makes full contact with it. And about 2 1/2 inches long.

Now I can successfully play my favorite mode of the game Tidal Wave!!! What an amazing mode!

Pamela Thanks you for figuring this out!!!
5C7A218F-95C3-43C0-BFDA-9784FEB49C0F (resized).jpeg5C7A218F-95C3-43C0-BFDA-9784FEB49C0F (resized).jpeg6C13A87E-6A12-4DE2-BA41-4D029AA6541F (resized).jpeg6C13A87E-6A12-4DE2-BA41-4D029AA6541F (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3316 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I posted my Baywatch remastered version on Pinsound forum. I added the original series music, and some more, like Jaws theme on shark is in the bay mode, and ending sequence from the series. Including David Hasselhofs looking for freedom on tourist season. Try it out.

Could you post a video of the game to show off the pinsound audio package? I was considering a pinsound for my Baywatch but couldn't find any evidence or examples of folks doing a custom mix for it. Would love to hear yours.

Thanks for putting in the time!

#3317 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

This is IT!!! I would get a good kick around about 20 percent. Now 100 freekin percent. I always thought it was the door interfering... I added a stick of Bakelite I had with double side tape and slid it between the coil and the left ball guide (when facing the machine). The material is a hair over 1/16 inch - 2.5mm thick. And 3/8 tall any size should work as long as the new guide is held where the ball makes full contact with it. And about 2 1/2 inches long.
Now I can successfully play my favorite mode of the game Tidal Wave!!! What an amazing mode!
Pamela Thanks you for figuring this out!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just to clarify, you're talking about this, right?

Capture1 (resized).PNGCapture1 (resized).PNG
#3318 4 years ago

Just to clarify, you're talking about this, right?[quoted image]

Yes. Thanks

#3319 4 years ago

I used the left side but as you have discovered, the right side works just aswell.

20200304_183706 (resized).jpg20200304_183706 (resized).jpg
#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

What is the link? There is only one Baywatch file currently available on the Pinsound forum, from 2015.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/148-baywatch_1995zip/

#3321 4 years ago

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/75-baywatch/

It is pending approval? I can see it in the list. But do not know if anybody else can?

#3322 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/75-baywatch/
It is pending approval? I can see it in the list. But do not know if anybody else can?

Might be, that link takes me to the only Baywatch file in the downloads, which is what my link was to.

#3323 4 years ago

Maybe someone can help me determine if I found a bug in the ChadH code or if something's up with my game.

I've discovered that if I drain the ball during the 2nd Tidal Wave round (after playing through Earthquake and re-setting the rescue modes) the Tidal Wave music continues through the rest of the game. If I then start a different mode or multiball, that mode's music will play, but once that mode is over, it goes back into the Tidal Wave music.

It's happened to me twice this week - just wondering if anyone else can replicate it on their machine?

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Maybe someone can help me determine if I found a bug in the ChadH code or if something's up with my game.

I just tried to replicate it with the glass off by your description and could not. However, that has happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past where the Tidal Wave music has played persistently throughout the game, but I never could figure out the circumstances under which it happened. There is definitely a bug there somewhere, but we're missing the cause. By the way, the bug is probably present in the original game ROM and doesn't have anything to do with ChadH changes, but he could definitely fix it if we could replicate it.

#3325 4 years ago

Does anyone have a Baywatch 4.01 CPU rom file they can email me please?
thanks!
[email protected]

#3326 4 years ago

Cliff(of cliffy protector fame) just made some new ramp flaps, for anyone who might need a set. The bubbling you see is the protective film. The flaps are stainless steel.

20200308_160340 (resized).jpg20200308_160340 (resized).jpg
#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Could you post a video of the game to show off the pinsound audio package? I was considering a pinsound for my Baywatch but couldn't find any evidence or examples of folks doing a custom mix for it. Would love to hear yours.
Thanks for putting in the time!

Yes, I second that . . . . please shoot some video if you can of your pinsound audio, we would love to hear it!

Thanks

#3328 4 years ago

Having some problems, unsure if they are related or all caused by the same thing...

When I would start my BW, it would say 'Baywatch will be right back' and work as normal. After a few minutes, the sound would drop out, but the call outs would work, then it would say bay watch will be right back over and over.

After resetting some cables, the sound problem seems to be ok. However, now the screen goes black and resets, showing the version screen. Also when you turn it on, it says 'baywatch will be...' and then loads as normal.

I already have a rottendog board installed. Any ideas? Thanks!

#3329 4 years ago

Reseat your roms. This exact thing happened to me a while back. Be very careful when reinserting them as to not bend a leg.

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from DHVincent:

Having some problems, unsure if they are related or all caused by the same thing...
When I would start my BW, it would say 'Baywatch will be right back' and work as normal. After a few minutes, the sound would drop out, but the call outs would work, then it would say bay watch will be right back over and over.
After resetting some cables, the sound problem seems to be ok. However, now the screen goes black and resets, showing the version screen. Also when you turn it on, it says 'baywatch will be...' and then loads as normal.
I already have a rottendog board installed. Any ideas? Thanks!

Most likely your 5v is low or dropping somewhere.

Search other posts on here - been discussed often as quite a common problem with Sega / DE games.

EDIT -
Also read here

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/sb106.pdf

#3331 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Most likely your 5v is low or dropping somewhere.
Search other posts on here - been discussed often as quite a common problem with Sega / DE games.

not discounting this, but they say they have a new rottendog...

#3332 4 years ago

not discounting this, but they say they have a new rottendog...

Yep - time to get the meter out. If 5v is good off the board - then bad connections could be causing issues.

#3333 4 years ago

Sorry for the vertical video, and muffled sound, but I had to play and film, hope it gives a good impression of Baywatch with Pinsound.

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Sorry for the vertical video, and muffled sound, but I had to play and film, hope it gives a good impression of Baywatch with Pinsound.

Beach-boys track is cool. That intro song..not so much

#3335 4 years ago

Yes, it still needs some tweaks....the intro song, with i'll be ready, is a bit repetative. I like the waiting for multibal music, I like the beach boys, the jaws theme for shark mode. I even like tourist season with the david hasselhof song. The end credits I normally have a set of three numbers there but seems Pinsound just picks the first, need to check that. For the rest I am pretty pleased with the result. Aleady the normal soundtrack sound better, I just need to upgrade my speakers. To popbumpers really make some noise now.

#3336 4 years ago

Nobody has the Baywatch 4.01 CPU rom file saved that they can email me? please?
[email protected]

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Nobody has the Baywatch 4.01 CPU rom file saved that they can email me? please?
[email protected]

https://www.pinballcode.com/

#3338 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Pretty darn cool. Ever consider adding the chorus of this song for the GUARD (I'm the lifeguard) mode?

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

First of all, thanks for sharing! I like it thus far and was curious if you plan to add more including callouts. Perhaps other baywatch owners with pinsound chops can help out. I love the modes having their own music like Beach Boys and Jaws. I wonder what kind a callouts could be pulled from the show. I tried googling quotes from the tv show and nothing came up. However, there are some funny/ridiculous quotes from the remake movie that could be used.

#3340 4 years ago

Anyone know of any cool baywatch keychains to get?

#3341 4 years ago

Is there a way to turn up the music, the sound effects are to loud

#3342 4 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

Is there a way to turn up the music, the sound effects are to loud

Can anyone help me with this?
I just purchased BW and assume its possible. I can hear the music in the background, but if I use the pot to turn the sound up the sound effects get louder as well.

I believe other data east machines there was a game volume setting in the adjustment that took care of this. I cannot seem to find this adjustment.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

Can anyone help me with this?
I just purchased BW and assume its possible. I can hear the music in the background, but if I use the pot to turn the sound up the sound effects get louder as well.
I believe other data east machines there was a game volume setting in the adjustment that took care of this. I cannot seem to find this adjustment.

Not on option on Baywatch

#3344 4 years ago

More work done on my Baywatch restoration tonight, just waiting on cliffy ramp flaps to progress to the next step

F8A965A7-AE74-468D-B418-43CFDC7C90B2 (resized).jpegF8A965A7-AE74-468D-B418-43CFDC7C90B2 (resized).jpeg6ADA85C8-BB8C-41EB-B34B-AD6098F1954E (resized).jpeg6ADA85C8-BB8C-41EB-B34B-AD6098F1954E (resized).jpeg3640BE5B-E740-4E26-BAF1-6B0BB7DB3531 (resized).jpeg3640BE5B-E740-4E26-BAF1-6B0BB7DB3531 (resized).jpeg
#3345 4 years ago

Love all the blue powder coat.

#3346 4 years ago

Looks amazing powdered coated.

#3347 4 years ago

Another update, done the top of the playfield, need to work under it now

8823E71A-74FA-4F26-84ED-63C6691A00CE (resized).jpeg8823E71A-74FA-4F26-84ED-63C6691A00CE (resized).jpegA4B66FCF-067B-4898-8450-D4F64099FDB6 (resized).jpegA4B66FCF-067B-4898-8450-D4F64099FDB6 (resized).jpeg
#3348 4 years ago

Realy Nice!!

Where did you get your shark targets decals?

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Realy Nice!!

Where did you get your shark targets decals?

They were on the machine when I got it.

#3350 4 years ago

I picked one up last weekend great game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/67?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.