IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 103.
#3251 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Wasnt he the lifeguard dude with the mustash?[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't see the resemblance.

#3252 4 years ago
Quoted from sdpinballa:

How does this work? I was exploring it myself last night.

Go to settings. Go to clear ball through. It will show if all your switches in the through show a ball in position or not. Adjust accordingly. Also the through opto (red ommiting light) will show if there's a ball in the up kicker to shooter lane.

#3253 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

agree completely. Pins are desirable again and fetching prices much higher than just a few years ago.

He's prob right. I bought a Baywatch 4 yrs ago for 1,600 (that you own) sold it 6 mo ago for 2,800. I would be hard pressed to find one currently in good shape for $3,200 (which I would consider) miss Baywatch more than any pin I've ever owned and I've had a handful.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Go to settings. Go to clear ball through. It will show if all your switches in the through show a ball in position or not. Adjust accordingly. Also the through opto (red ommiting light) will show if there's a ball in the up kicker to shooter lane.

Opto? I've seen that term and have no idea what you're talking. I found my lost ball on the left side of the machine in an up kicker just sitting. The up kicker wasn't doing it's job. I tested the switch on the up kicker and the coil worked fine to trigger the spring to shoot the ball upward to send it on it's way into trough. No idea why the game wasn't caring that I had a lost ball. Thoughts?

#3255 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

He's prob right. I bought a Baywatch 4 yrs ago for 1,600 (that you own) sold it 6 mo ago for 2,800. I would be hard pressed to find one currently in good shape for $3,200 (which I would consider) miss Baywatch more than any pin I've ever owned and I've had a handful.

I'm thinking of selling mine. I'll miss it, but I don't play it enough. I'm looking at $3500 considering how pristine it is and 90% all original.

#3256 4 years ago

To get anywhere near that price it would have to be immaculate. Also shopped, with color dmd, cliffys, and LEDs. The one I sold had most this stuff and it took a while to sell at 2,800.

#3257 4 years ago
Quoted from sdpinballa:

Opto? I've seen that term and have no idea what you're talking. I found my lost ball on the left side of the machine in an up kicker just sitting.

The front ball ends up in the kicker area, and instead of a mechanical switch, it uses an opto sensor. Clean it with a qtip every once in a while, too.

#3258 4 years ago

Just joined the club again on saturday! This was a repeat game for me and one I regretted after selling right away. This one is much nicer then my old so it worked out good in the end. It will be nailed down to the floor in my game room for sure. Was all led'd out, color dmd added, shopped ect. The game is really in very good condition with barley any scratches or marks. Such a fun game. Brought back so many great memories to play it again. The color DMD really brings that huge display to life! What mode or switch do I have to hit to get mitch to say best office in the world? It was something I remember from my old game doing it but can't remember what makes it say that?

20200215_155555 (resized).jpg20200215_155555 (resized).jpg20200215_163421 (resized).jpg20200215_163421 (resized).jpg20200215_163429 (resized).jpg20200215_163429 (resized).jpg20200215_164811 (resized).jpg20200215_164811 (resized).jpg20200215_164858 (resized).jpg20200215_164858 (resized).jpg
#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Just joined the club again on saturday! This was a repeat game for me and one I regretted after selling right away. This one is much nicer then my old so it worked out good in the end. It will be nailed down to the floor in my game room for sure. Was all led'd out, color dmd added, shopped ect. The game is really in very good condition with barley any scratches or marks. Such a fun game. Brought back so many great memories to play it again. The color DMD really brings that huge display to life! What mode or switch do I have to hit to get mitch to say best office in the world? It was something I remember from my old game doing it but can't remember what makes it say that?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ya got a saggy flipper

#3260 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Just joined the club again on saturday! This was a repeat game for me and one I regretted after selling right away. This one is much nicer then my old so it worked out good in the end. It will be nailed down to the floor in my game room for sure. Was all led'd out, color dmd added, shopped ect. The game is really in very good condition with barley any scratches or marks. Such a fun game. Brought back so many great memories to play it again. The color DMD really brings that huge display to life! What mode or switch do I have to hit to get mitch to say best office in the world? It was something I remember from my old game doing it but can't remember what makes it say that?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll have to pay attention when I play next but I believe "best office in the world" is the call out for the match sequence at the end of the game. I think "never had a better day!" is the one you get if you actually match.

#3261 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Ya got a saggy flipper

Is there a pill for that

Yea think it needs adjusted a little

#3262 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

I'll have to pay attention when I play next but I believe "best office in the world" is the call out for the match sequence at the end of the game. I think "never had a better day!" is the one you get if you actually match.

I know the never had a better day is what he says when he gets match. Just can't find the best office in the world quote

#3263 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I know the never had a better day is what he says when he gets match. Just can't find the best office in the world quote

"Best office" is the when you start a 2+ player game during the intro sequence.

#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

"Best office" is the when you start a 2+ player game during the intro sequence.

Thanks I will give it a shot when I get home

#3265 4 years ago

Almost done installing the shaker! Need my IDC punch and some molex pins.... curious how the game is with it.

#3266 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Almost done installing the shaker! Need my IDC punch and some molex pins.... curious how the game is with it.

Awesome.

#3267 4 years ago

Hello Baywatch crew!
I got a BW not long ago and I am in the process of shopping it and making it as perfect as possible. I was finally able to match the blue cabinet paint. What a pain that was! I even purchased "OEM" blue BW paint from Pinball Life. Not even close! Finally I took a chip from the cabinet to Sherwin Williams and matched it perfectly. If anyone wants the formula I would be happy to share.
Anyway, I have an issue that is driving me crazy. The lower right flipper is not very strong when in "holding" position. It will pulsate when pressed down by hand, or if a strong ball hits it. Replaced the coil, sleeve, EOS switch. Adjusted correctly. The left one is just the opposite. It will hold and would not budge at all. What do you think I am dealing with?
Thanks a bunch!!
Vlad

#3268 4 years ago

Did you inspect your conectors in the backbox?

#3269 4 years ago
Quoted from VladM:

Hello Baywatch crew!
I got a BW not long ago and I am in the process of shopping it and making it as perfect as possible. I was finally able to match the blue cabinet paint. What a pain that was! I even purchased "OEM" blue BW paint from Pinball Life. Not even close! Finally I took a chip from the cabinet to Sherwin Williams and matched it perfectly. If anyone wants the formula I would be happy to share.
Anyway, I have an issue that is driving me crazy. The lower right flipper is not very strong when in "holding" position. It will pulsate when pressed down by hand, or if a strong ball hits it. Replaced the coil, sleeve, EOS switch. Adjusted correctly. The left one is just the opposite. It will hold and would not budge at all. What do you think I am dealing with?
Thanks a bunch!!
Vlad

Just an FYI, as for the paint, I think it changes too much over the years and you have to match it yourself lien you did, original paint won’t match after 25+ years

#3270 4 years ago
Quoted from VladM:

...The lower right flipper is not very strong when in "holding" position. It will pulsate when pressed down by hand, or if a strong ball hits it. Replaced the coil, sleeve, EOS switch. Adjusted correctly.
Vlad

Check correct connection of coil and EOS. Something might have been misconnected by previous owner.

Check wether problem moves from right to left flipper when exchanging front flipper board with rear one and vice versa.
The one board controls both flippers on left hand side, the other board the ones on the right hand side of the machine.

Flipper board are located at left inner vertical wall of cabinet.

#3271 4 years ago
Quoted from Kuroda:

Check correct connection of coil and EOS. Something might have been misconnected by previous owner.
Check wether problem moves from right to left flipper when exchanging front flipper board with rear one and vice versa.
The one board controls both flippers on left hand side, the other board the ones on the right hand side of the machine.

Thank you, I will try it. Good idea!

#3272 4 years ago

Where can I get Cliffy's for Baywatch?

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from Kuroda:

Definitely check your flipper boards! Swap them to see if the problem follows. Make sure all of the components are present and undamaged.

Being where they are located, they are susceptible to having components sheered right off them or damaged from what I like to refer to as the "Data East/Sega Flop"; being that they lack the spring lockouts that B/W's machines have, upon lowering the playfield from the service position, if you pull the playfield forward, it will fall into the cabinet, right in line with the flipper boards.

I'd recommend checking them first, as the low power holds can be knocked off the board. I'd also recommend placing a wire loom over the wiring harness bundle that runs by them as well, because they will eventually snag something on the boards, or pull a wire from the bundle.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

#3275 4 years ago
#3276 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do not see baywatch in the list?

Write Cliff. He has them, he just hasn't updated the website.

#3277 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Definitely check your flipper boards! Swap them to see if the problem follows. Make sure all of the components are present and undamaged.
Being where they are located, they are susceptible to having components sheered right off them or damaged from what I like to refer to as the "Data East/Sega Flop"; being that they lack the spring lockouts that B/W's machines have, upon lowering the playfield from the service position, if you pull the playfield forward, it will fall into the cabinet, right in line with the flipper boards.
I'd recommend checking them first, as the low power holds can be knocked off the board. I'd also recommend placing a wire loom over the wiring harness bundle that runs by them as well, because they will eventually snag something on the boards, or pull a wire from the bundle.
Good luck, and keep us updated!

Great advise. Thank you!

#3278 4 years ago

Check the SR1 position on both boards, they should have heatsinks attached; these are your low power holds on both flipper boards. Make sure they are there/fully soldered in. If it's present, pop the board out and make sure it's not cold-jointed/loose from someone inevitably having dropped the playfield directly on that small component...

When I got my BW, the shark flipper would "flip" but not hold/stay up with the flipper button depressed. After some troubleshooting and swapping boards around and realizing the problem followed, I inspected the boards, and sure enough, the scr and heat sink were both completely missing, as in sheared off. I searched around the cabinet, but they weren't there. A trip to my local electronics store and a $2 scr, and homemade heatsink later, and she was back up and flipping.

If that ends up being your issue, which it sounds like it is, I'll check the values of the scr I had to get, because the recommended ones in the manual are no longer produced/are outdated, and an electrical engineer buddy of mine recommended a proper/current production spec'd part.

#3279 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Check the SR1 position on both boards, they should have heatsinks attached; these are your low power holds on both flipper boards. Make sure they are there/fully soldered in. If it's present, pop the board out and make sure it's not cold-jointed/loose from someone inevitably having dropped the playfield directly on that small component...
When I got my BW, the shark flipper would "flip" but not hold/stay up with the flipper button depressed. After some troubleshooting and swapping boards around and realizing the problem followed, I inspected the boards, and sure enough, the scr and heat sink were both completely missing, as in sheared off. I searched around the cabinet, but they weren't there. A trip to my local electronics store and a $2 scr, and homemade heatsink later, and she was back up and flipping.
If that ends up being your issue, which it sounds like it is, I'll check the values of the scr I had to get, because the recommended ones in the manual are no longer produced/are outdated, and an electrical engineer buddy of mine recommended a proper/current production spec'd part.

They are there, but I would really appreciate if you can get me that info. Thanks!!

#3280 4 years ago

So finally did get the pinsound buidl in. Normal mix is already way better, basses are impresive, so the popbumpers really kick. Next stop is better speakers, I will replece the standard ones. I tried to make my own mix, it worked but I need soem serious levelling with the sound.
Any mixes around for this title?

#3281 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra DMD lying around after installing a ColorDMD? I have a Baywatch in need of serious attention, and could use a cheap replacement DMD if anyone has interest in selling their old one.

#3282 4 years ago

You could put in a pin2dmd. That's relatively cheap.

#3283 4 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Does anyone have an extra DMD lying around after installing a ColorDMD? I have a Baywatch in need of serious attention, and could use a cheap replacement DMD if anyone has interest in selling their old one.

I have one that was starting to out gas, so it just takes a minute to show up....but maybe you’re looking for something better? Working ones seem to be around $200

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

You could put in a pin2dmd. That's relatively cheap.

I'm not super knowledgeable around what a pin2dmd is, nor what it takes to install one. I rather just put a drop in, stock replacement for the time being.

Quoted from northvibe:

I have one that was starting to out gas, so it just takes a minute to show up....but maybe you’re looking for something better? Working ones seem to be around $200

I appreciate it, but will hold out for a 100% working one for the time being. I'm sure there are many sitting on shelves with how amazing the ColorDMD package is for this game!

#3285 4 years ago

I'm not super knowledgeable around what a pin2dmd is, nor what it takes to install one. I rather just put a drop in, stock replacement for the time being.

I appreciate it, but will hold out for a 100% working one for the time being. I'm sure there are many sitting on shelves with how amazing the ColorDMD package is for this game!

I had 2-3 offers when I went to buy mine around xmas! Hilton may of even had one.

#3286 4 years ago

I have a good spare Original.

#3287 4 years ago

You can buy one premade and drop it in. I've got a run of the v4 controller boards on their way from Taiwan right now, so I'm going to be experimenting with one in mine.

#3288 4 years ago

You have mail!

#3289 4 years ago

Joined the club. Looks like a ground connection. We does everyone else have it connected? Thanks.

9C1DA269-2013-4EB3-B8EA-94A3BA2BA918 (resized).jpeg9C1DA269-2013-4EB3-B8EA-94A3BA2BA918 (resized).jpeg
#3290 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Joined the club. Looks like a ground connection. We does everyone else have it connected? Thanks.[quoted image]

Pls post photo showing larger area to be able to identify location of cable. Thanks.

#3291 4 years ago
Quoted from Kuroda:

Pls post photo showing larger area to be able to identify location of cable. Thanks.

Top of the playfield.

IMG_E3110[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E3110[1] (resized).JPG
#3292 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Top of the playfield.[quoted image]

On my Baywatch this cable hooks up to the left screw of the metal bracket of playfield's backside wall:

IMG_20200226_150834 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_150834 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_150851 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_150851 (resized).jpg
#3293 4 years ago

I figured that might be the case. Thanks.

#3294 4 years ago

Has anyone else bought the plastic set from Pinball Center? The blue in the plastics is much darker than the originals but then a few plastics have the correct blue. Or is there somewhere else to buy a set?

#3295 4 years ago

Anyone ever have trouble with the launcher by the shark flipper? Mine is hitting a rail near the pops about 30% of the time, which ruins the third skill shot option.

#3296 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone ever have trouble with the launcher by the shark flipper? Mine is hitting a rail near the pops about 30% of the time, which ruins the third skill shot option.

Having the same problem and have tried a few things but would love to hear from someone who has successfully resolved this issue

#3297 4 years ago

same here maybe its weak coil?

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

same here maybe its weak coil?

I think the ball isn't centered to the kicker when it strikes...there is too much play or something like that. I tried centering the mech and tightening the 3 screws holding it down since it was a bit loose but this didn't fix it

#3299 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I think the ball isn't centered to the kicker when it strikes...there is too much play or something like that. I tried centering the mech and tightening the 3 screws holding it down since it was a bit loose but this didn't fix it

Hmm, maybe I can 3d print a guide for it.

#3300 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone else bought the plastic set from Pinball Center? The blue in the plastics is much darker than the originals but then a few plastics have the correct blue. Or is there somewhere else to buy a set?

I bought that, and indeed the blue is darker. I think when you change all, it will not be noticed. I needed it for some broken plastics. overall quality is fair not excellent. I did not see another option for a complete set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 259.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.