20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.
#3051 4 years ago

PBL or Marco?

#3052 4 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Any ideas where to get the Extra Ball/League Play rectangular button on the front of the cabinet?

Some old blackjack machines have them.

#3056 4 years ago

This is what you need.

20190916_002422 (resized).jpg20190916_002422 (resized).jpg
#3057 4 years ago

Any ideas where to get a plastic set for Baywatch?

#3058 4 years ago

Hey all. I made custom CJ and Caroline sling plastics for my Baywatch and thought I'd share with the club. If interested, link to my ad below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85033

IMG_4406 (resized).JPEGIMG_4406 (resized).JPEGIMG_4407 (resized).JPEGIMG_4407 (resized).JPEGIMG_4408 (resized).JPEGIMG_4408 (resized).JPEGIMG_4430 (resized).JPEGIMG_4430 (resized).JPEG
#3059 4 years ago

awesome! Glad to see custom parts being made

#3060 4 years ago

I have a couple shaker motor kits available for immediate shipping:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/75769

#3061 4 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

These are awesome. Don't sleep on it!

#3062 4 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

What triggers the shaker motor?

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

What triggers the shaker motor?

Believe it or not, the shaker motor triggers are programmed in from the factory. So it triggers directly from the CPU. The main triggers are: Pops - Center VUK - Shark Kick-out. There are a few others but they are more subtle, the ones you'll notice are the ones listed.

#3064 4 years ago

There are also some good low end frequencies in the audio too, mainly in the pops and slings. Shaker+powered sub=

#3065 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

There are also some good low end frequencies in the audio too, mainly in the pops and slings. Shaker+powered sub=Radness

#3066 4 years ago

The DMD controller board in my game was being so problematic it was causing the sound board to reset due to the draw on the 5v rail. So I wired it up to an arcade machine power supply and installed a 2.5A inline fuse between the power supply and controller board. With the board on its own power supply, the 5V level in the game showed much better and the sound board stopped resetting.

As for the display controller, it was still only showing 4.83v at the board itself. I had to increase the arcade power supply up to 5.2v, which is what we normally use in arcade machines with similar issues. After making this adjustment, the controller now shows 4.95v.

I played a few games with no display resets and no sound issues. But the 2.5A fuse runs warm to the touch, and the various PAL chips on the controller board are nearly hot to the touch. Not sure how long this will work until my original 24 year old board dies completely, but it must be pulling 2A of current (10W).

The experience of mine and others is irrefutable evidence that as these DMD controller boards age, they consume more and more power. I don’t know if the PAL chips are slowly shorting themselves out or what.

#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The experience of mine and others is irrefutable evidence that as these DMD controller boards age, they consume more and more power.

Yep, I wish Rottendog (or whoever) would make a replacement board.

#3068 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Yep, I wish Rottendog (or whoever) would make a replacement board.

Luis with PinballSP has had one available for some time. Trying to get the last bit of use out of my original board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/videosp-192x64-new-dmd-controller-board-for-sega-large-screens

#3069 4 years ago

Where can you get the new code at for the game?

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Where can you get the new code at for the game?

http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads

Also, for some reason these Sega system 3b games love to eat insert lamps. The game I service on location had all but 3 or 4 lamps burned out. Here's the body count. The two partially blackened bulbs in the lower right are higher quality GE ones. The rest are the inferior Taiwanese lamps.
fr_1756 (resized).jpgfr_1756 (resized).jpg

#3071 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads
Also, for some reason these Sega system 3b games love to eat insert lamps. The game I service on location had all but 3 or 4 lamps burned out. Here's the body count. The two partially blackened bulbs in the lower right are higher quality GE ones. The rest are the inferior Taiwanese lamps.
[quoted image]

Time to led her up!
Never had a problem with my leds
Never had a better day

#3072 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Time to led her up!
Never had a problem with my leds
Never had a better day

The business can't afford LEDs and LED OCD boards for all 13 of our games. Otherwise I would love to. I get incandescent bulbs for free basically since nobody wants them.

#3073 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Luis with PinballSP has had one available for some time. Trying to get the last bit of use out of my original board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/videosp-192x64-new-dmd-controller-board-for-sega-large-screens

Very interesting - I was not aware! Anyone out there using one of these yet (and can provide feedback)? He will not guarantee they work with either ColorDMD or Pin2DMD. One would think if it worked with the original plasma, it would work with anything else. Just curious if anyone has tried it yet.

#3074 4 years ago

I’ve been in the club for about 4 months now. It is my first pinball and I love it. Have been spending way too much on mods but this is how she looks so far. Picking up a ColorDMD from Bob at the York Show!

CE458528-D262-46E9-B54A-C48E9E9E194E (resized).jpegCE458528-D262-46E9-B54A-C48E9E9E194E (resized).jpeg
#3075 4 years ago

What mods do you have?

#3076 4 years ago

Well maybe not mods per say but upgrades. Full Comet LEDs, Tilt Graphic Game Blades, Titan rubbers, new glass, center trough lighting, shark hole lighting, replaced any cracked plastics, replaced damaged left ramp, replaced most switches, NOS cabinet switches, replaced most PF screws with new, Bent Plastic DMD glare protector, will be a ColorDMD, running Chads 4.01 code. I have purchased all the typical “toy” mods such as the plastic shark, Baywatch trucks, palm trees etc, but didn’t really like them after test fitting. Um, the Shark sign and Laser Kick stickers from eBay. Im probably forgetting some stuff. Oh, Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. Recapped all all power boards. Again, I’m probably forgetting some stuff.

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Very interesting - I was not aware! Anyone out there using one of these yet (and can provide feedback)? He will not guarantee they work with either ColorDMD or Pin2DMD. One would think if it worked with the original plasma, it would work with anything else. Just curious if anyone has tried it yet.

It should work with any existing display solution. It works with plasma and his DMDMK66 LED display.

#3078 4 years ago

pm'd you freakmech

Nice looking Baywatch!

#3079 4 years ago

I realize that there are past posts covering this subject, but I'm curious to get some fresh opinions / recommendations. My main flippers are weak and I'm planning to rebuild them with a new kit from pinball life. My playfield is level and I dropped the angle down to 6.5 which I actually don't like because it plays kinda slow and floaty.

My question is about which coils to get. Right now, I have the correct coils from the manual: 90-5030-00 on the left and 90-5020-00 on the right. Other pinsiders have stated that they are using the GnR special coils instead.

Any recommendations would be great as I'd love stronger flippers so I can raise the playfield angle a bit and get back to enjoying this bad boy.

Also, the Lazer kick is kinda weak and I'm curious what recommendations you have on that

#3080 4 years ago

Also, regarding the last post, does anyone have their coil pulse power set to High in the Sega adjustments menu? I'm not home now but didn't realize that adjustment was available. I read that the game has a bug in it where the upper control gate doesn't work properly with the coil power set to High. I do have chad's code installed so not sure if that code bug is fixed

#3081 4 years ago

I had a similar issue when I purchased my machine years ago. After doing a full restore, and rebuilding the flippers in the process, all is good. I have the standard coils and set to default settings. No issues at all, and plays perfect.

#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from freakmech:

Well maybe not mods per say but upgrades. Full Comet LEDs, Tilt Graphic Game Blades, Titan rubbers, new glass, center trough lighting, shark hole lighting, replaced any cracked plastics, replaced damaged left ramp, replaced most switches, NOS cabinet switches, replaced most PF screws with new, Bent Plastic DMD glare protector, will be a ColorDMD, running Chads 4.01 code. I have purchased all the typical “toy” mods such as the plastic shark, Baywatch trucks, palm trees etc, but didn’t really like them after test fitting. Um, the Shark sign and Laser Kick stickers from eBay. Im probably forgetting some stuff. Oh, Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. Recapped all all power boards. Again, I’m probably forgetting some stuff.

Where did you get the plastic set? and ramps?

#3083 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I realize that there are past posts covering this subject, but I'm curious to get some fresh opinions / recommendations. My main flippers are weak and I'm planning to rebuild them with a new kit from pinball life. My playfield is level and I dropped the angle down to 6.5 which I actually don't like because it plays kinda slow and floaty.
My question is about which coils to get. Right now, I have the correct coils from the manual: 90-5030-00 on the left and 90-5020-00 on the right. Other pinsiders have stated that they are using the GnR special coils instead.
Any recommendations would be great as I'd love stronger flippers so I can raise the playfield angle a bit and get back to enjoying this bad boy.
Also, the Lazer kick is kinda weak and I'm curious what recommendations you have on that

I would rebuild them for sure. I assume you are, but are you measuring the pf angle on the pf itself and not the glass? Mine has stock coils and is set to 6 degrees, maybe a hair less and seems to play just about right, not too slow but I can make all the ramps fine. I have not tried the GnR coils, but I know a few people that have and you may end up breaking some plastics or targets with them and the closer shots. Have you checked how the coil for the laser kick is sitting and changed out the coil sleeve?

#3084 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Also, regarding the last post, does anyone have their coil pulse power set to High in the Sega adjustments menu? I'm not home now but didn't realize that adjustment was available. I read that the game has a bug in it where the upper control gate doesn't work properly with the coil power set to High. I do have chad's code installed so not sure if that code bug is fixed

Correct, Chad recommends not setting the power to high with his code (or at least used to when I installed it) as it messes with the gate timing. I honestly didn't notice much coil power difference, if any, when I had it set to high briefly.

#3085 4 years ago

I appreciate the responses. I did measure the playfield angle with the glass off of course

I'll rebuild the flippers and replace the coil sleeve on the Lazer kick as well and hope that helps. I'm going to take a look at the Lazer kick mech to make sure everything else looks good.

The other thing I'm working on is the kickout from above the shark flipper. For about half of the kickouts, the ball clips the metal guide about 3/4 of the way up the playfield before the top lanes and the ball doesn't make it around to the upper left flipper. The machine is level so that's not the issue. I need to access that mech which is above the playfield if I remember correctly and need to figure out what to disassemble topside to get to it

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Where did you get the plastic set? and ramps?

There was a guy parting out a PF on eBay about a month ago for cheap. I got lucky.

#3087 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Correct, Chad recommends not setting the power to high with his code (or at least used to when I installed it) as it messes with the gate timing. I honestly didn't notice much coil power difference, if any, when I had it set to high briefly.

Because Chad changed the power adjustment code, the 8 bit integer for the gate rolls over to an extremely low number.

#3088 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Because Chad changed the power adjustment code, the 8 bit integer for the gate rolls over to an extremely low number.

I'm not sure what that means?

#3089 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'll tell you exactly what the bug is here... this will get a bit technical but some of you might find this interesting.
All the coils have a set value for how long they are to remain energized. When you set Adjustment 32 (Coil Pulse Power) to Low then the amount of time is decreased by a small amount. When you set it to High, the amount of time is increased by a small amount.
All the coils have a different base value for time. To keep this simple, I will give all numbers in decimal.
The upper right coil timing is set to 240 when it is at the default setting. This means that coil will remain energized for 240 units of time.
When you set it to Low, the code subtracts 30 to the timing of this coil. This brings it to 210.
When it is set to High, the code wants to add 30 to the timing of this coil. This brings it to 270. However, the software is running in 8 bit hexadecimal numbers here. The largest number you can represent with 8 bits is 11111111, or 255 in decimal notation. So the number roles over to 0 if you try to go above that (and don't account for it). In this case, it ends up rolling over and winds up being 14.
Setting the coil power to High in this specific instance takes the coil power from 240 to 14. 14 is such a tiny amount. You can see the effect in the game that the gate probably just barely opens and immediately shuts.
Apparently, this was never tested back in the day and this bug slipped out into the production code.
The Upper Right Coil is the only one that has this bug. All the other coils are have a default value that does not roll over when changing power level.

Sorry, I meant to say Chad fixed the gate power when set to high in version 4.01 of his code.

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sorry, I meant to say Chad fixed the gate power when set to high in version 4.01 of his code.

Yes. This bug was fixed in 4.01. So setting your power to High should be fine in 4.01. I don't think it will mess up gate timing.

If you are running 4.00 or less (why would you!?!?! ) then do not set your power to High.

#3091 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yes. This bug was fixed in 4.01. So setting your power to High should be fine in 4.01. I don't think it will mess up gate timing.
If you are running 4.00 or less (why would you!?!?! ) then do not set your power to High.

Awesome!

#3092 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I appreciate the responses. I did measure the playfield angle with it

Hey per3, I had some of the same issues the kicker coils not hit the ball around the orbit properly when I got mine. Both left and right side. My coils were fine but I found they weren’t aligned properly and were not hitting the ball dead center. So a played around with the alignment of the coils and fixed the problem. So you might want to check alignment of the kicker and Shark Hole VUK if you are having problems.

#3093 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

What did you do to solve the problem? Use a custom value of 255 or less for the gate coil?

#3094 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What did you do to solve the problem? Use a custom value of 255 or less for the gate coil?

If I recall correctly, I think I maxed out the timer on that gate and set it to not adjust based on "Adjustment 32 - Coil Pulse Power" because regardless of coil power level, that gate should be opened for maximum possible time.

1 week later
#3095 4 years ago

Quick question, I just got everything working on my batwatch but the right flipper seems like it will never make it up the tower ramp. It’s the recommended cool in the manual. Any suggestions?

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Quick question, I just got everything working on my batwatch but the right flipper seems like it will never make it up the tower ramp. It’s the recommended cool in the manual. Any suggestions?

Try adjusting the levelers to lower the pitch of the playfield. Also, waxing the playfield might help.

#3097 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Try adjusting the levelers to lower the pitch of the playfield. Also, waxing the playfield might help.

I did both but it’s already starting to get floaty. I am right around 6.5 pitch based on what my phone says

#3098 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I did both but it’s already starting to get floaty. I am right around 6.5 pitch based on what my phone says

Needs to be a perfect shot to make it to the top

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Needs to be a perfect shot to make it to the top

Ok, hopefully that’s it because it keeps rolling half way up and then back down through my flippers for a drain

#3100 4 years ago

Worse comes to worse you can put a gnr coil in there. Man I miss my Baywatch. I'm living through you guys now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/62?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.