IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 103.
#3001 4 years ago

Got the upper left flipper aligned perfect now, perfectly aligned with the curvature of the left orbit guide; if you don't flip a counter-clockwise traveling ball, it rolls perfectly past as if the flipper were the guide, and now the Ironman ramp is makeable on demand every time (consistent with skill, obviously).

Any tips on dialing in the right side shark flipper ball launcher? Still running stock code, so I don't expect that or the gate to act perfectly.

Planning to tear the top half of the game down (with assistance from the guide on pg 52 of this thread) maybe this Saturday. After that, Chad's code (to address everything above, but ESPECIALLY the seizure show before and during multiball!), and colorDMD, and this baby will be about perfect.

Really enjoying this game more and more as I play a few more games each time after working on it. Never realized how underrated this game was now that it plays great and everything is pretty much working as it should (Any of the ones I had played prior were beat or had multiple things wrong). Flow for days or stop-and-go. Can't really think of another game that caters to both playing styles as well is this one. It's very fast for its era, and it can be a real ass kicker. Might I say this may be Joe Balcer's best game?

#3002 4 years ago

Yall should post pics along with which type you used! I feel like the cool blue just has an unnatural kind of look to it sometimes but this might just be a problem with my brain. My brain always has a problem with purple though.

In regard to the shark flip I think I had mine set to the maximum setting for the best results. It's just too variable how fast it comes to the flipper, I think I'm probably at about 50%.

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yall should post pics along with which type you used! I feel like the cool blue just has an unnatural kind of look to it sometimes but this might just be a problem with my brain. My brain always has a problem with purple though.
In regard to the shark flip I think I had mine set to the maximum setting for the best results. It's just too variable how fast it comes to the flipper, I think I'm probably at about 50%.

I'm talking about the ball-relauncher that shoots the ball back around for a shot at the Ironman ramp (when you pick the third skill shot for example). Its just above and to the right of the shark flipper.

I think my actual shark flip setting is at 60? Works about 50% of the time as well.

#3004 4 years ago

Weird, I had mine set at like 1 and sometimes it was still too early.

My shark kicker was 100% once I took it out, filled in the holes, and remounted it. Plus a new sleeve.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Weird, I had mine set at like 1 and sometimes it was still too early.
My shark kicker was 100% once I took it out, filled in the holes, and remounted it. Plus a new sleeve.

Holes? Huh?

As to the second part, if you're talking about the kicker out of the shark hole scoop, mine is almost too powerful, haha. It kicks the ball out FAST into the upper relight laser kick target, then usually bounces back across down the out lane about half the time, using up the laser kick or draining. You really have to anticipate the kick and nudge hard right when it ejects to safely avoid it. Might have to bend the scoop slightly...

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Holes? Huh?
As to the second part, if you're talking about the kicker out of the shark hole scoop, mine is almost too powerful, haha. It kicks the ball out FAST into the upper relight laser kick target, then usually bounces back across down the out lane about half the time, using up the laser kick or draining. You really have to anticipate the kick and nudge hard right when it ejects to safely avoid it. Might have to bend the scoop slightly...

Mounting holes. I'm talking about the kicker on the right though.

My shark did that too, but I thought it was nice how it'd usually relight the kickback. It has a ball save so even if it goes down the outlane you won't lose the ball

#3007 4 years ago

Oh my bad. I had to align my launcher so that it hit the ball straight on, I remember that it was cocked to one side. Loosened and retightened and it helped a lot.

#3008 4 years ago

Put these in last night. Crazy difference between game on and off with the art styled speaker grill that completely disappears when turned on.

6CAE7C2D-D2C7-4409-A41B-13AD2CD67A42 (resized).jpeg6CAE7C2D-D2C7-4409-A41B-13AD2CD67A42 (resized).jpeg6FB63EC2-E000-4731-B0DD-92F24CB850DB (resized).jpeg6FB63EC2-E000-4731-B0DD-92F24CB850DB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3009 4 years ago

In the club...on the rescue

20190715_213753 (resized).jpg20190715_213753 (resized).jpg20190715_213758 (resized).jpg20190715_213758 (resized).jpg
#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

In the club...on the rescue[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome Peter,

Be sure to put in the updated roms!

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Welcome Peter,
Be sure to put in the updated roms!

Which version?

#3012 4 years ago

Chad Code. It’s 4.01 I think

#3014 4 years ago

Hmm I do not have an eprom burner, can this code be bought somewhere, or can someone help?

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Hmm I do not have an eprom burner, can this code be bought somewhere, or can someone help?

Maybe flipperwinkel.nl ?
And you can look in the adverts bellow this topic matt's i believe?

#3016 4 years ago

Will version 4.01 work with color DMD?

#3017 4 years ago

You can order roms from Meloyelo51 Matt's Basement Arcade. He has a pinside store.

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Will version 4.01 work with color DMD?

Yes, as long as you have display rom version 4.0.

#3019 4 years ago

I do roms , i am rompingirl on Ebay but can do better on price direct.

#3020 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Oh my bad. I had to align my launcher so that it hit the ball straight on, I remember that it was cocked to one side. Loosened and retightened and it helped a lot.

Did you have to do anything else? Mine also struggles to make it through the gate for the skillshots sometimes. I've noticed that with the apron off, the coil is angled backwards a bit, so the plunger is actually dragging across the sleeve a bit and I think that's what causes it to lose some power. I've tried adjusting it side to side, back and forth, etc., but really think I need to find away to even out the coil. I can get a picture if this doesn't make sense...

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

You can order roms from meloyelo51 Matt's Basement Arcade. He has a pinside store.

I got the updated rom from Matt’s basement arcade as well. Super quick turnaround and worked perfectly!!

#3022 4 years ago

Grant you can come look at my BW anytime.

#3023 4 years ago

Anyone know the best place to buy the latest rom version. I hate the automatic multi ball lit by ball 2

#3024 4 years ago

Meloyelo51 from Matt's Basement Arcade can get you what you need, be sure to donate to ChadH at pinballcode.com if you go with his rom version (which is my recommendation, it's excellent!)

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Meloyelo51 from Matt's Basement Arcade can get you what you need, be sure to donate to ChadH at pinballcode.com if you go with his rom version (which is my recommendation, it's excellent!)

Both great suggestions!

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Did you have to do anything else? Mine also struggles to make it through the gate for the skillshots sometimes. I've noticed that with the apron off, the coil is angled backwards a bit, so the plunger is actually dragging across the sleeve a bit and I think that's what causes it to lose some power. I've tried adjusting it side to side, back and forth, etc., but really think I need to find away to even out the coil. I can get a picture if this doesn't make sense...

I waxed the ball launch wireform from the shooter to the back wall. Gives the ball less friction and a little more speed to get around. Plenty of other tweaks for adjusting the skill shot power to get thru the upper gate, but this tweak is easy and quick to try. Also wax the area above the pops where the ball comes out of the shooter wireform, keep that area nice and fast.

#3027 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone know the best place to buy the latest rom version. I hate the automatic multi ball lit by ball 2

A2B0CCC5-19BB-4C49-A880-5B5D38F073A1 (resized).jpegA2B0CCC5-19BB-4C49-A880-5B5D38F073A1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3028 4 years ago

I noticed a crack in the paper of my cab speaker. I went into the speaker test in the menu and only the 2 voice rom test create any sound (chadH code). Is this normal?

After going through this I did what a normal person would have done and crawled under the cab after starting a game. Speaker still works.

1 week later
#3029 4 years ago

Here is another candidate for a future v4.02 revision: There is apparently a delay when Tourist Season Mode starts, and so an immediate Tourist Season shot (right ramp) will not count toward earning a country. This is most noticeable when starting the mode by hitting the right ramp (ball returns immediately to the left flipper via wireform), then shooting the right ramp again - but no credit for the 1st country is registered.

#3030 4 years ago

Has anyone a baywatch pinball promo plastic for sale?

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Here is another candidate for a future v4.02 revision: There is apparently a delay when Tourist Season Mode starts,

Similar delay issue with GUARD millions encountered - shot middle ramp ("U") to start GUARD millions - ball returned to left flipper via wireform and immediately shot back to middle ramp but did not collect 50 million. Not sure at this point if the delay issue is only with the horizontal modes or is with vertical modes too, but will report them as encountered.

#3032 4 years ago

What is the best place to get some baywatch plastics? Pinball Center has a set in europe, but I hear they are not good? Anyone has tried them?

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

What is the best place to get some baywatch plastics? Pinball Center has a set in europe, but I hear they are not good? Anyone has tried them?

Bay Area Amusements has randoms in stock last time I looked

#3034 4 years ago

I think my baywatch is an early prototype.
The wiring for the upperball kicker (solenoid 4a) is connected to 32V via a Brown wire, but the manual says it should be a yellow / Purple wire. Makes sence since this is 50 V and my kicker is very weak. Can anyone take a picture on the under side so I know which 50 v solenoid is the "correct" one to solder a wire to?

#3035 4 years ago

Hey all, looking for this plastic if anyone has an extra one? Been trying to find one for a while.
Totally appreciate it!
Rob

BE6625B1-CE28-4D1A-9A47-66EFBC469205 (resized).pngBE6625B1-CE28-4D1A-9A47-66EFBC469205 (resized).png
#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

Hey all, looking for this plastic if anyone has an extra one? Been trying to find one for a while.
Totally appreciate it!
Rob[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/02039-baywatch-boat-plastic-z-plastic

#3037 4 years ago

Has anyone had this issue, boot the game, hit start, and the Hoff only days, baywatch will be. Boards were recently repaired, chads rom installed.

#3038 4 years ago

Mine does the "Baywatch will be <abrupt end>" at initial power up. (to clarify, NOT during the start of a new game when the machine is already powered on...)

From what I understand, this is normal. I've seen something about this before as to why it happens, but as I recall, it has no effect on anything.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone had this issue, boot the game, hit start, and the Hoff only days, baywatch will be. Boards were recently repaired, chads rom installed.

Quoted from Grandnational007:

Mine does the "Baywatch will be &lt;abrupt end&gt;" at initial power up. (to clarify, NOT during the start of a new game when the machine is already powered on...)
From what I understand, this is normal. I've seen something about this before as to why it happens, but as I recall, it has no effect on anything.

Yes, this is very common. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the initial clip is just the booting sound clip. If the MPU boots before the clip finishes, it just kills the clip and cuts over to attract mode.

#3040 4 years ago

Its a recurring thing with lots of data east/sega games and nothing to worry about if you're talking about the start up sound and not the start game sound.

#3042 4 years ago

Thanks! I’ll see if it does it after playing multiple games

#3043 4 years ago

Yeikes!!
3CC788FC-1C9B-46D8-A0E6-C5D48C069856 (resized).png3CC788FC-1C9B-46D8-A0E6-C5D48C069856 (resized).png

#3044 4 years ago

I love looking deep into the Hoffs eyes!!!

#3045 4 years ago

Well an employee told me they broke baywatch, went and looked and the flipper was sticking up. Well they felt weak anyway so I ordered 3 flipper rebuild kits.

#3046 4 years ago

Just wanted to check in to brag a little. Tonight I got my first Earthquake via Shark Awards!

Recently I've been approaching the game a little differently - First, I'll get all the shots, play through the modes and get to Earthquake. After that, I focus on Shark Awards - it's a lot of shots to the center VUK to feed the upper right flipper (and a lot of bricking) but tonight I managed to dial it all the way in to an Earthquake!

In case you're curious, the Shark Awards reset after that and you can go through the whole process again.

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Just wanted to check in to brag a little. Tonight I got my first Earthquake via Shark Awards!
Recently I've been approaching the game a little differently - First, I'll get all the shots, play through the modes and get to Earthquake. After that, I focus on Shark Awards - it's a lot of shots to the center VUK to feed the upper right flipper (and a lot of bricking) but tonight I managed to dial it all the way in to an Earthquake!
In case you're curious, the Shark Awards reset after that and you can go through the whole process again.

Cool! I haven’t played mine much to even see earthquake yet. Do you have a shaker in yours? That may be interesting combo!

An employee just informed me last week the flipper on my baywatvh was sticking. Since I didn’t do a rebuild, I ordered all three. Hope it also makes them snappier as they have felt weak the last couple weeks I tried playing. Making the guard tower was barely doable.

#3048 4 years ago

Hey all. Just thought I'd let you know that I had to recreate the drop target plastic for my Baywatch. While I was at it, I noticed that many also request the shooter lane "boat" plastic, so I recreated it as well. I figured that I would make a few extras if anyone is interested here. If you'd like to purchase either one, or the set, let me know. Link to my marketplace ad below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84171
IMG_4221 (resized).JPEGIMG_4221 (resized).JPEGIMG_4224 (resized).JPEGIMG_4224 (resized).JPEG

#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Hey all. Just thought I'd let you know that I had to recreate the drop target plastic for my Baywatch. While I was at it, I noticed that many also request the shooter lane "boat" plastic, so I recreated it as well. I figured that I would make a few extras if anyone is interested here. If you'd like to purchase either one, or the set, let me know. Link to my marketplace ad below.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/84171
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh nice! I know these will be a happy sight for some! I’ll have to look to see what condition mine are in.

What are people doing for flipper coils? Stock ones or going to a stronger one? I found I have a couple wrong ones which would explain the lock shot sucking

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-coil-strengths-baywatch-check#post-5177899

1 week later
#3050 4 years ago

Any ideas where to get the Extra Ball/League Play rectangular button on the front of the cabinet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/61?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.