Topic Stats

• 2,968 posts
  • 209 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rocketrob
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 709 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E71B13D-BBB7-41E3-9DDE-E704919712DA (resized).jpeg
873BF04D-D3B6-45D7-AECE-E94AA1748D8B (resized).jpeg
AF7F8FD8-31FA-4264-B932-7E7B158FB0C9 (resized).jpeg
F544B519-979D-4D2E-982D-4A583C90F04E (resized).jpeg
403B27BB-1367-4FA1-A9EA-450B9DCA62C6 (resized).jpeg
B434532F-E7CF-4D04-BE5D-FE786452982D (resized).jpeg
8A9F0E87-D674-4058-850C-B5457D44CD90 (resized).jpeg
DEE6805D-2DE4-4435-8587-43DD9BAC70AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2389 (resized).jpg
IMG_2388 (resized).jpg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpg
20190427_191839 (resized).jpg
B102DEB2-C7A3-4762-9A31-B39F51DCC1FF (resized).jpeg
4988C4CC-CD3D-4C6D-8E92-1FCC71AB1F20 (resized).jpeg
9F2B5444-FF21-4290-ACC3-80AC20497430 (resized).jpeg
3F844ED2-BBC2-474F-9375-5FA31FEE5146 (resized).jpeg

There are 2968 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 60.
#2901 35 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I used ice blues and cyans. Most people will not like it but I do.[quoted image]

I'm glad you do

#2902 32 days ago

Diver girl swimming around

119C73C2-D05F-4B34-AD4D-F51575293098 (resized).jpegC795CD3F-3041-4B0A-861A-3538A37E0A5E (resized).jpeg
#2903 32 days ago

I like the palm trees.

#2904 32 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

Diver girl swimming around
[quoted image][quoted image]

Only thing missing is random clumps of sand on the playfield.

#2905 32 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

And sunlotion in stead of wax!

#2906 30 days ago

Finally got mine all cleaned up and working. Ended up with a mix of warm and cool white in the GI. Need to get some LEDs for some of the inserts that were too dim still.

My one lingering issue though is that, during Tidal Wave mode, if I shoot the left orbit, the one way gate at the top right of the playfield doesn't open until after the ball has already bounced off of it. Orbit switch seems to register fine... Anyone seen this? The gate works fine when doing the skillshot... Not aware of any other times it's used

#2907 29 days ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

This sounded like it would really add ambiance to the playfield, so I added sand being careful to keep it out of all ball paths. Then the very next game I played I nudged the game with my hip to avoid a drain and sand went everywhere. I should have just gone with adding some palm trees.

Then I woke up and was glad that had all just been in my dreams.

#2908 29 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Finally got mine all cleaned up and working. Ended up with a mix of warm and cool white in the GI. Need to get some LEDs for some of the inserts that were too dim still.
My one lingering issue though is that, during Tidal Wave mode, if I shoot the left orbit, the one way gate at the top right of the playfield doesn't open until after the ball has already bounced off of it. Orbit switch seems to register fine... Anyone seen this? The gate works fine when doing the skillshot... Not aware of any other times it's used

Maybe you need chad code rom update? Check that maybe?

#2909 29 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe you need chad code rom update? Check that maybe?

I have it

#2910 29 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This sounded like it would really add ambiance to the playfield, so I added sand being careful to keep it out of all ball paths. Then the very next game I played I nudged the game with my hip to avoid a drain and sand went everywhere. I should have just gone with adding some palm trees.
Then I woke up and was glad that had all just been in my dreams.

Hahahaha love it!

#2911 29 days ago

Mmm
Maybe someone kan make 3d printed sandbeach slingshots or lanes!

#2912 29 days ago

Found it!

Somone made 3d lanes for congo, pretty cool if there were beach ones

f94e0c965b8240008edd1bc602ce417b525ea54d (resized).jpg
#2913 27 days ago

Finally got a BayWatch I will post pictures this weekend once I clean it up. Excited to be apart of the David hasslehoff crew.

#2914 27 days ago

Has anyone created a rubber list for Super bands or Titans? I recently saw a Baywatch for sale that had yellow rings and blue posts, and it looked really sharp.

#2915 27 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Finally got a BayWatch I will post pictures this weekend once I clean it up. Excited to be apart of the David hasslehoff crew.

And you live in California ..... kind of

Welcome to the best office in the world! Highly recommend running Chads updated game code if it isn't already installed.

#2916 27 days ago

Live in California Maryland it’s in the east coast about a hour south of DC.

#2917 26 days ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Has anyone created a rubber list for Super bands or Titans? I recently saw a Baywatch for sale that had yellow rings and blue posts, and it looked really sharp.

Isn't there a kit available on the Titan database?

#2918 23 days ago

What does everyone use to clean the wire ramps mine are so dirty!

0B78D42B-AF96-4183-8C8A-7D5D71FA8938 (resized).jpeg3F844ED2-BBC2-474F-9375-5FA31FEE5146 (resized).jpeg9F2B5444-FF21-4290-ACC3-80AC20497430 (resized).jpeg
#2919 23 days ago

Will be in the process of ordering LEDs tomorrow any suggestions

#2920 23 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

I dont dare give my advice. There are spies from the pinside rainbow puke club lurking everywhere..

#2921 23 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

What does everyone use to clean the wire ramps mine are so dirty!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would take them all out, use simple green and a microfibre. Don't use anything too abrasive as the plating might come off.

Quoted from Rocketrob:

I went with cool white throughout my G.I. And I color matched the inserts, all with Comet LED's. kept it simple

#2922 23 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't do with your own property.

Mine has purple GI in the back, red in the pops and top lanes, blue and teal on the sides and Sunlight bulbs in the slingshots and inlanes. The "Rainbow Puke" Mafia can come at me.

But it you choose to do all white, that's okay too. Follow your heart.

#2923 23 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I would take them all out, use simple green and a microfibre. Don't use anything too abrasive as the plating might come off.

I went with cool white throughout my G.I. And I color matched the inserts, all with Comet LED's. kept it simple

I was thinking if this happen i might just powder coat the wire ramps.

I wanted to do some nice colors since it seems to have a yellow and blue them going on with this game anyone have pics of there leds installed.

#2924 23 days ago

Let me know if you find a good price for plating / powder coating. I took mine to a place and they wanted $400.

Note: that may be reasonable for powder coating, I have no idea. It's just about 4x more than im willing to spend.

#2925 23 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't do with your own property.

That's correct. But you wanna make sure you get the GI lighting right the first time on Baywatch. If you decide you're not happy and want to swap out the GI LEDs, be prepared to tear down most of the playfield again to reach all the bulbs.

#2926 23 days ago

I usually keep it simple. Natural white in all GI, warm white everywhere elts. Hell sometimes I put rgb's in clear pops. Lol.

#2927 23 days ago

Rocketrob - I've always used " Nevr-Dull " the cotten wadding polish in a can that works good cleaning and polishing all metals

#2928 23 days ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Rocketrob - I've always used " Nevr-Dull " the cotten wadding polish in a can that works good cleaning and polishing all metals

I use that also, but be careful with gold colored rails like on Baywatch because it can remove the finish. But, if the finish is already pretty worn, then go ahead and clean them with it. I'm using the Nevr-Dull later this week on some Shadow wireforms that long ago lost their gold finish. So I'll clean them up good and not have to worry and will get them as silver shiny as possible.

#2929 23 days ago

Metal polish will likely remove the plating from the wireforms.

Edit: beat me by a couple seconds

#2930 23 days ago

i was looking up on comet site man that have so many different bulbs i have no idea what im going to get........ doi you guys recommend white under all the colored inserts or getting the color bulbs to match the color insert its under?

#2931 23 days ago

Color match single smd non ghosting for colors except orange and yellow, use white there. 2smd for gi, I find sunlight or warm is best. Sunlight might be good for the blues and bright colors on this game.

#2932 23 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

I was thinking if this happen i might just powder coat the wire ramps.
I wanted to do some nice colors since it seems to have a yellow and blue them going on with this game anyone have pics of there leds installed.

This game came to me already powder coated and LED’d. I dig the sparkly blue!

4988C4CC-CD3D-4C6D-8E92-1FCC71AB1F20 (resized).jpegB102DEB2-C7A3-4762-9A31-B39F51DCC1FF (resized).jpeg
#2933 23 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

This game came to me already powder coated and LED’d. I dig the sparkly blue![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, haven’t seen many BW with armour powder coated. Love that color.

#2934 23 days ago

I just finished mine. I used mostly comet 2 smd frosted warm white for the GI, a bit of cool white over near the shark flipper. 1smd non-ghosting clear insert color matched for the inserts, with bendy ones for all the side mounted

Be warned that if you LED your GI it'll be a seizure any time you activate squid pops. Trying to find a way to tone the flashing down...

#2935 23 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

... you wanna make sure you get the GI lighting right the first time on Baywatch. If you decide you're not happy and want to swap out the GI LEDs, be prepared to tear down most of the playfield again to reach all the bulbs.

Amen! I bought a bunch of LEDs for the GI when I first got the game about a year and a half ago, and I still haven't gotten around to installing them all. I just have never felt like taking all that crap apart to get to the sockets. I hate that you can't do it from below the playfield.

#2936 23 days ago

I've developed a method for shopping Baywatch:

1. After unplugging necessary connections under the playfield, I Remove the tower, ramps and "upper level" stuff and lay out each piece in the order It was removed.

2. Then, I remove the "ground level" plastics and posts and lay them out in relative position as they appear on the playfield.

3. Once everything is cleaned/polished/waxed/re-bulbed, etc., you can re-assemble the "ground level" first and then re-assemble the "upper level" in reverse order that they were removed.

It's not easy - takes me about 6 hours from start to finish. It helps to take photos along the way for reference.

#2937 22 days ago

Can anybody tell me why these are there. Dont recall seeing them on any other machine. Going to touchup and clearcoat this spare playfield but I dont think these are necessary.
Thanks

20190427_191839 (resized).jpg
#2938 22 days ago

They're on most older games. I've seen them described as plastic holders or to prevent the ball from getting stuck in weird places

#2939 22 days ago

most of the wire ramps have oxidation i might try the never dull

#2940 22 days ago

Is there a way to keep the yellow target from not moving right/left? Just tightening them? The yellow target next to middle hole (extra ball) keeps moving right and in turn makes that shot extra difficult to hit.

#2941 22 days ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Is there a way to keep the yellow target from not moving right/left? Just tightening them? The yellow target next to middle hole (extra ball) keeps moving right and in turn makes that shot extra difficult to hit.

Mine does this too

#2942 22 days ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Mezelmods sells "splints" for this purpose but they may only fit Stern stand ups. You may be able to adapt the idea to apply it here though.

#2943 22 days ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yep. Have the same problem.

#2944 22 days ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Mezelmods sells "splints" for this purpose but they may only fit Stern stand ups. You may be able to adapt the idea to apply it here though.

I wondered about those... How are the Stern stand ups different?

Has anyone tried these on baywatch?

#2945 22 days ago

has anyone replaced the foam pieces behind the standup targets i just ordered replacements and was wondering how the new ones need to be secured.

#2946 22 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

has anyone replaced the foam pieces behind the standup targets i just ordered replacements and was wondering how the new ones need to be secured.

They are usually self adhesive.

#2947 22 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They are usually self adhesive.

This. You just use some alcohol and scrape the old ones away, then sticky the new ones.

#2948 21 days ago

im almost ready to order LEDs from comet and just placed a order for some other items flipper rebuild kit and new flipper bands. I think next year i might send this machine out for a full tear down and cleaning.

#2949 21 days ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

im almost ready to order LEDs from comet and just placed a order for some other items flipper rebuild kit and new flipper bands. I think next year i might send this machine out for a full tear down and cleaning.

You can do it, I believe in you.

#2950 21 days ago

Hell if your putting LEDs in you might as well. Most of the top PF will be dis assembled. Order a nice rubber kit and some new star posts and bang it out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 2968 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 60.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside