IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 103.
#2601 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

100% this.
When I was looking for a new game I knew I wanted something other than a fan layout, and that eliminated just about every game from the past 20 years. Love that Baywatch has unique layout and tons to do.

Unique layout, yet still has so much flow. Great combo for us!

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

100% this.
When I was looking for a new game I knew I wanted something other than a fan layout, and that eliminated just about every game from the past 20 years. Love that Baywatch has unique layout and tons to do.

Yes agree. So much for the price. My one wish is if they had a true orbit shot. Hitting left orbit for it to come to a screeching hault above the right kicker kinda sucks. Been thinking about making a more contoured diverter to see if it would keep some more momentum.

That being said I have a demo man for orbits and flow.

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Yes agree. So much for the price. My one wish is if they had a true orbit shot. Hitting left orbit for it to come to a screeching hault above the right kicker kinda sucks. Been thinking about making a more contoured diverter to see if it would keep some more momentum.
That being said I have a demo man for orbits and flow.

I've got my Fish Tales for that too, it is kind of disappointing hitting that left orbit and then waiting for ball to fall back into inlane

#2604 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

My one wish is if they had a true orbit shot. Hitting left orbit for it to come to a screeching hault above the right kicker kinda sucks

My left orbit is very smooth and returns to the right flipper quickly without stopping at the right kicker. I'm always very pleased with that orbit because I really enjoy orbits am have been amazed with how packed the playfield is that the left orbit exists.

#2605 5 years ago

Lots of haters out there. I remember playing it everyday at lunch when it came out. Awesome design. Too bad people get so hung up on the theme. So glad I was able to get one a few years back.

#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did you go with color matching LEDs for the various inserts or just natural/cool white?

I typically color match except for yellow inserts which I use warm white.

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My left orbit is very smooth and returns to the right flipper quickly without stopping at the right kicker. I'm always very pleased with that orbit because I really enjoy orbits am have been amazed with how packed the playfield is that the left orbit exists.

Did you adjust the gate arm plate to get the good flow? I know it would screw up shark auto kick, and maybe there isn't room for the change, but i would like to do something like i photo-shopped here.

baymod3org (resized).jpgbaymod3org (resized).jpgbaymod3z (resized).jpgbaymod3z (resized).jpg
#2608 5 years ago

I didn't make any adjustments to my gate. I'll take a pic later to compare.

2 weeks later
#2609 5 years ago

What's a realistic price to pay for this game right now?

#2610 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Price police may say otherwise, but the reality is $2,500-$3,000 for one in good condition. Better/worse adjust from there.

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have one in MN that I would let go for $3k. All led's and color dmd. 1 side of cab has slight fade. Playfield is perfect.

#2612 5 years ago

Hi All -

Just picked up a Baywatch. I noticed that the display looks to have 'burn-in,' and when powered up, it the display works but the brightness of the dots are dimmed in one area (see pictures). I have little experience with these large displays, and was wondering if this is repairable, or if this is just how it is going to be forever. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0202.HEIC 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0202.HEIC 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0203.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_0203.HEIC (resized).jpeg
#2613 5 years ago

just get a colorDMD. Looks amazaballs in BW!

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Hi All -
Just picked up a Baywatch. I noticed that the display looks to have 'burn-in,' and when powered up, it the display works but the brightness of the dots are dimmed in one area (see pictures). I have little experience with these large displays, and was wondering if this is repairable, or if this is just how it is going to be forever. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

PERFECT excuse to get the colorDMD, they look ridiculous in BW. I sadly do not have the funds for one.

#2615 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just get a colorDMD. Looks amazaballs in BW!

Quoted from northerndude:

PERFECT excuse to get the colorDMD, they look ridiculous in BW. I sadly do not have the funds for one.

Agreed - I just have so many other keeper games that I rather purchase a colorDMD for, and repair this one cheaply (if possible) in the interim. I'm not holding my breath, but maybe this can be repaired as the LEDs work, they are just dim?

#2616 5 years ago

just give it some time... BW is a keeper!

#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Agreed - I just have so many other keeper games that I rather purchase a colorDMD for, and repair thing one cheaply (if possible) in the interim. I'm not holding my breath, but maybe this can be repaired as the LEDs work, they are just dim?

The good news is that the introduction of the ColorDMD has significantly lowered the price of used ones.

#2618 5 years ago

I have a used one I would sell. But I agree with the others.....get a solid 30 games in and you won't let it leave. And I'm sure you will want the color dmd when you decide to keep it.

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The good news is that the introduction of the ColorDMD has significantly lowered the price of used ones.

Yeah, i have a used for sale at 250

#2620 5 years ago

ALSO, for any BW newbies, acquire and toss in the new "Chad code" WORTH it for the gameplay!! Changed my whole BW world

#2621 5 years ago

Yes the new Chad code makes BW a top 40 pin .Shots were there just needed a better code. Easily the best Sega and better than a lot of Sterns and B/W'S.

#2622 5 years ago

ALSO, for any BW newbies, acquire and toss in the new "Chad code" WORTH it for the gameplay!! Changed my whole BW world

Agreed ! Finally the Shark Awards are go ! And the huge improvement to the gate opening/timing and the slight increase to the time to make the Shark scoop have improved things immensely.

No insta multiball is a huge differnece , now you can really work the Tower awards when you want to instead of fighting NOT to get the Locks lit, plus all the other tweaks.

I loved Baywatch before, I love it even more now !

#2623 5 years ago

I would let my old display go for $200

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I would let my old display go for $200

mine was the actual display used to colorized the images for coloDMD

Surely worth the cost for the real deal

I personally wont go less than $250 as they are still worth it to have as a back up or for another big screen game.

#2625 5 years ago

I know. I've kept mine thus far hoping to score a MSF or Maverick. I unfortunately don't have color dmd and am stuck with pin2dmd maybe one day I'll pony up.

#2626 5 years ago

New member to the club here! Anybody know where I can find a set of service rails? One is missing and the other is bent out of shape .

I noticed the stern Sam era rails look like they might fit, but didn’t know for sure.

Also, does Cliffy not sell protectors for BW any more? Didn't see them on his site.

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

New member to the club here! Anybody know where I can find a set of service rails? One is missing and the other is bent out of shape .
I noticed the stern Sam era rails look like they might fit, but didn’t know for sure.
Also, does Cliffy not sell protectors for BW any more? Didn't see them on his site.

Mine came without rails. I installed a set I had bought for a modern stern. They fit perfectly.

#2628 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Mine came without rails. I installed a set I had bought for a modern stern. They fit perfectly.

Great - Thank you!

#2629 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Email cliffy directly

#2630 5 years ago

Email cliffy directly

I have a set of cliffy protectors on mine. Email cliffy and ask for them.

#2631 5 years ago

Had a great game last night. I didn’t get as many modes done as I wanted BUT I hit my first huge shark hole jackpot last night during a game, it was soooo gratifying, one shark hole drop got me 225,000,000. Got my score a big bump. Ended up somewhere around 1.777 bill

#2632 5 years ago

Had a great game last night. I didn’t get as many modes done as I wanted BUT I hit my first huge shark hole jackpot last night during a game, it was soooo gratifying, one shark hole drop got me 225,000,000. Got my score a big bump. Ended up somewhere around 1.777 bill

I'm generally finding my scores are a bit lower since the Chad update.I think my current best is around 1.4 bill . On the old code I had multiple scores over 2.5 bill. Obviously that was over a longer time period but I just dont seem to be breaking 1 bill as often as I used to.

I'm guessing in the main because I'm not getting the multiball as frequently.

#2633 5 years ago

Agree, I'm rarely over 2 billion. Usually stops at 1-1.5 with the new code on a good run.

#2634 5 years ago

I'm finaly in!

20181014_152443 (resized).jpg20181014_152443 (resized).jpg
#2635 5 years ago

Congrats! Welcome to the best club on pinside. Never had a better day!

#2636 5 years ago

Best office in the world

#2637 5 years ago

I’m having an issue with the vuk opto reading closures. I found that one of the transistors on the receiving board was defective and replaced it. I also replaced the leds on both boards. The led on the transmitting board is lit brightly and is squarely on the receiving board’s led.

Any other tips?

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

I’m having an issue with the vuk opto reading closures. I found that one of the transistors on the receiving board was defective and replaced it. I also replaced the leds on both boards. The led on the transmitting board is lit brightly and is squarely on the receiving board’s led.
Any other tips?

VUK opto? Interesting as Baywatch uses a loop cherry switch.

#2639 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

VUK opto? Interesting as Baywatch uses a loop cherry switch.

As per the manual, switch 15, “5 ball trough vuk opto”.

03D8D20F-C910-4805-B2A3-6125E0A7B285 (resized).jpeg03D8D20F-C910-4805-B2A3-6125E0A7B285 (resized).jpeg99E0745D-EA7F-41C1-9193-580F8CCD2284 (resized).jpeg99E0745D-EA7F-41C1-9193-580F8CCD2284 (resized).jpeg
#2640 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

As per the manual, switch 15, “5 ball trough vuk opto”.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ah... I was thinking you were referring to the Earthquake VUK, not the trough.

Sounds like you've narrowed it to the receiver board. Have you tested all connections there?

#2641 5 years ago

What's up people. I've decided to pull the trigger on a colorDMD and figured I'd offer up the fully working (no burn-in or missing lines) DMD from my Baywatch if anyone is interested. I'll post a for sale ad if I don't get any takers on this forum. I'm asking $230 plus shipping.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Ah... I was thinking you were referring to the Earthquake VUK, not the trough.
Sounds like you've narrowed it to the receiver board. Have you tested all connections there?

Yeah, everything appears solid. Connectors at the mpu and receiver pcb are good. It has a brand new rottendog mpu installed and all other switches are working properly.

My guess is the other surface mount transistor failed in some capacity.

Just wanted to check with the club to make sure I wasn’t missing anything else that could be obvious otherwise.

#2643 5 years ago

Seriously, i love this game!

Annyone complaining about theme is crazy this is a top 20 pin!

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Seriously, i love this game!
Annyone complaining about theme is crazy this is a top 20 pin!

Gets the most plays in our house from me, and probably in top two overall plays in my basement

#2645 5 years ago

I have a couple spare "unobtainable" boat plastics available. $20 plus $3.50 postage. PM me if you need one.

IMG_20181022_115646 (resized).jpgIMG_20181022_115646 (resized).jpg
#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I have a couple spare "unobtainable" boat plastics available. $20 plus $3.50 postage. PM me if you need one.
[quoted image]

Woohoo, ordered mine. It was broke on my BW when I bought it. This is great

#2647 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

[quoted image]

I'll take one! How do I order?

#2649 5 years ago

I’ve had a topper I bought it seems like ages ago and never installled it, thought I’d do it this evening.

I think I’m going to rivet it to an “L” bracket on each side. How far back from front edge of head should I install it? Like an 1.5” or 2” ?

*Edit- I put the head down to screw the topper on. I dont know the exact way the factory or original one had for brackets, but there was 2 holes pre drilled on top for it, kind of cool. I put it on about an inch back, but I think I want to move it back another 1.5" for sure yet. Looks great though!!

#2650 5 years ago

Got my shark, buoy floaty and some trees in
Anyone got some special cool mods?

20181025_152151 (resized).jpg20181025_152151 (resized).jpg20181025_152159 (resized).jpg20181025_152159 (resized).jpg20181025_152217 (resized).jpg20181025_152217 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/53?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.