IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
20231226_091120 (resized).jpg
Baywatch (resized).jpg
IMG_0416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6100 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 102.
#2551 5 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

One issue that I see is that my pop bumpers score is not increasing. I read the manual and it says if you shoot the left orbit after the ball travels through the right in lane that it increases the pop value. Any help would be very appreciated

It's not really just the left orbit that increases the pop bumper values - you also have to hit at least one pop bumper within a certain time limit (within a few seconds). So, for instance, if you shoot the left orbit so hard that the ball bounces off the upper gate and rolls back down the left orbit, the pop bumper value will not increase. Or if the ball hangs up on the arch and takes too much time before going down one of the rollover lanes to hit a pop bumper, the pop bumper value will not increase.

1 week later
#2552 5 years ago

Wondering if any other owners has a new or used plastic that goes above the super laser kick targets. Says "relight laser kick" on it.

#2554 5 years ago
Quoted from holm:

Does anyone know where I can buy plastic G and Z for my Baywatch? Or does anyone have them for sale? Last option, does anyone have them scanned and wants to share the file with me? Thanks
[quoted image]

I've been trying to find "Z" for two years, good luck if you find one, if you find two, call me!!!

2 weeks later
#2555 5 years ago

Hi Baywatchers

I have recently got my Baywatch back from loan to a friend. It was working fine when he had it, and he recently installed Chads new game code.

Couple of questions ......

1. Is it right that only the left hand pop bumper flashes at certain times ? The other 2 appear to be GI controlled. I thought they all flashed before but I could be wrong ???

2. The trapdoor wasn't opening to Lock balls. I checked the coil and the ramp entrance switch - both check out fine. Looking in adjustments I noticed Adj 51 referred to the trapdoor and multiball ...although the definition wasn't entirely clear to me ?? Anyway this was set to NO, I switched it to YES to see if it had any effect and now my trapdoor seems to be working fine ?? Seems odd as the Default setting is NO.
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2556 5 years ago

The key word is Multiball - Mine never re-opens during multiball . So I don't know what you have going on but ,I don't think that is the adjustment your looking for . That's why NO is the default .

#2557 5 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think that adjustment is for the diverter above the shark flipper. If set to yes, it will open during multiball so you can lock a ball in there. I believe this gives you double scoring until the ball is released.

#2558 5 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

The key word is Multiball - Mine never re-opens during multiball . So I don't know what you have going on but ,I don't think that is the adjustment your looking for . That's why NO is the default .

Yep. I agree. It'a a bit puzzling. Strange that when I set this to YES my trapdoor/ball lock begins to work properly again - obviously this is before any multiball.
I'm going to look more at it today.

#2559 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

1. Is it right that only the left hand pop bumper flashes at certain times ? The other 2 appear to be GI controlled. I thought they all flashed before but I could be wrong ???

2. The trapdoor wasn't opening to Lock balls. I checked the coil and the ramp entrance switch - both check out fine. Looking in adjustments I noticed Adj 51 referred to the trapdoor and multiball ...although the definition wasn't entirely clear to me ?? Anyway this was set to NO, I switched it to YES to see if it had any effect and now my trapdoor seems to be working fine ?? Seems odd as the Default setting is NO.

1. The left bumper is the only one that flashes periodically. If you get squid pops, it flashes constantly.
2. Adj 51 enables the trapdoor, so it must be set to YES to work. YES is the default in Chad's code.

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

1. The left bumper is the only one that flashes periodically. If you get squid pops, it flashes constantly.
2. Adj 51 enables the trapdoor, so it must be set to YES to work. YES is the default in Chad's code.

Thanks.

Yep - I was just trying it again. Set on YES then everything is fine. Odd that mine was set to NO - my friend had only played a few games with the new code and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been messing about with the adjustments.

And yeah just looked at chads notes on http://www.pinballcode.com/bw401

Made it so Adjustment 51 will Enable or Disable the Left Ramp Trap Door (default is Enabled/Yes). If the Trap Door is disabled then a regular Left Ramp shot will always count as the same Lock or Jackpot shot.

Thanks again. I can now stop scratching my head

#2561 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I could be wrong, but I think that adjustment is for the diverter above the shark flipper. If set to yes, it will open during multiball so you can lock a ball in there. I believe this gives you double scoring until the ball is released.

Just tried it again and the diverter opens regardless of the setting. And yes it gives Double Jackpot scoring for a short time before kicking the ball back into play.

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Thanks.
Yep - I was just trying it again. Set on YES then everything is fine. Odd that mine was set to NO - my friend had only played a few games with the new code and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been messing about with the adjustments.
And yeah just looked at chads notes on http://www.pinballcode.com/bw401
Made it so Adjustment 51 will Enable or Disable the Left Ramp Trap Door (default is Enabled/Yes). If the Trap Door is disabled then a regular Left Ramp shot will always count as the same Lock or Jackpot shot.
Thanks again. I can now stop scratching my head

Glad you figured it out.

I heard that some tournaments (PAPA?) and location operators where physically disabling the Trap Door in their games for various reasons. I wanted to make the Trap Door to be controllable in software instead of requiring the cutting of wires. That's why I changed that rarely used Adjustment to serve this function. The only problem is that since my update was a CPU ROM only update, I couldn't update the description text of the adjustment to better clarify what it means.

#2563 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Glad you figured it out.
I heard that some tournaments (PAPA?) and location operators where physically disabling the Trap Door in their games for various reasons. I wanted to make the Trap Door to be controllable in software instead of requiring the cutting of wires. That's why I changed that rarely used Adjustment to serve this function. The only problem is that since my update was a CPU ROM only update, I couldn't update the description text of the adjustment to better clarify what it means.

Thanks for your efforts Chad - you have made a great game even better !

Loving being able to work through the Shark awards properly.

#2564 5 years ago

I was under the impression that the "Returns Open Trap Door" settings were for a ball that didn't fully make the tower ramp, and returned back down would still open the trap door.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I was under the impression that the "Returns Open Trap Door" settings were for a ball that didn't fully make the tower ramp, and returned back down would still open the trap door.

I can't get my head around the original Adjustment ??? ............. why would it ever open in Multiball anyway ?? And the position of the trapdoor is pretty early on the tower ramp , such that balls will either make it in if its open or they will stall beyond it....in which case you can't have it open as its hinged for balls going up the ramp not coming down

I'm just glad I have Chads code running and it's all good

#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I can't get my head around the original Adjustment ??? ............. why would it ever open in Multiball anyway ??

I agree. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

#2567 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

In the original code, if you had the setting turned on (was off by default) then the Inlane Return switches would open the Trap Door momentarily. No idea why. The door would be opening and shutting constantly.

So I yanked that logic and made it so you could enable/disable the Trap Door overall instead of cutting wires.

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

In the original code, if you had the setting turned on (was off by default) then the Inlane Return switches would open the Trap Door momentarily. No idea why. The door would be opening and shutting constantly.
So I yanked that logic and made it so you could enable/disable the Trap Door overall instead of cutting wires.

To clarify, it was only during Multiball during times when the Trap Door opens (normally when hitting the Left Ramp Entrance Switch). Maybe some games weren’t opening the Trap door quick enough so instead they gave option to open it upon hitting the Return Lane switches. But I’ve never seen that be needed.

#2569 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

In the original code, if you had the setting turned on (was off by default) then the Inlane Return switches would open the Trap Door momentarily. No idea why.

Maybe they had problems with the ramp entrance switch failing, and this was an alternate way to keep the trapdoor functioning until switch repair. ???

The only reason I can see for the original adjustment to function the trapdoor during multiball is to make it act like a gobble hole which would increase the difficulty of multiball.

The original adjustment was confusing, and I don't think I ever had it set to YES to even experiment with it. Anyway, it's not confusing anymore.

#2570 5 years ago

Factory reset time !

#2571 5 years ago

I just purchased a Baywatch and I'm psyched to be adding this game to my collection. I plan to install LEDs and the ColorDMD for sure. For the LEDs, any chance someone has mapped out the various LEDs needed throughout the game? The machine is being delivered somewhere else because I currently don't have enough room and it would be super helpful if someone had this mapped out and could share so I can order what I need in advance.

Thanks!

#2572 5 years ago

Knowing how many is the least of your're problems..once you see how much of the machine you need to remove to change them, you might think twice. The manuel should tell you how many insert bulbs you need then add about 20 o0r so GI bulbs

#2573 5 years ago

I went with comet LEDs. I went with GI back box bulbs behind the Translight. I used 1smd frosted bulbs that was visible to the eye and 2smd under the playfield & under area that was cover with plastic.

I do agree it's a pain to clean and do LEDs install on this pin.

20180628_181804 (resized).jpg20180628_181804 (resized).jpg
#2574 5 years ago

But well worth it. Looks real nice when done.

#2575 5 years ago

Didn't realize it would be a pain, that's never fun to hear. Is it worse than any 90s Bally Williams game? I've done plenty of those and never had a problem. I did check the manual and the game has a lot of flashers.

I checked the pinball bulbs list of ghosting and non ghosting machines and it looks like this machine does not have ghosting issues...is this true? If I don't need non-ghosting bulbs then I'll definitely save some money which would be nice.

Thanks!

#2576 5 years ago

Sega GI bulbs have to be replaced from the top which is much more difficult than Bally / Williams GI bulbs which can be unscrewed from the bottom of the playfield.

#2578 5 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Sega GI bulbs have to be replaced from the top which is much more difficult than Bally / Williams GI bulbs which can be unscrewed from the bottom of the playfield.

Yikes, didn't realize that.

#2580 5 years ago

Anyone have a link for all the things one can do to make the power supply more robust? Having issues with my colordmd rebooting.

I know I've seen details somewhere in the past. Perhaps it was the GnR thread. That's my only other DE.

Thanks.

#2581 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Anyone have a link for all the things one can do to make the power supply more robust?

Have you looked at Sega service bulliton 106?

#2582 5 years ago

Yes. Thank you. I took care of that around 7 years ago. I'm thinking new capacitors and such.

#2583 5 years ago

Who else has this happen a lot ..........

'Tourist Season' mode begins ! ...woo yeah ....awesome This time I'm gonna *really* nail it.

*instantly loses a ball*

'Tourist Season' mode over.

I can't remember the last time I had a decent crack at it. The curse of the the 2 ball mode. See also ....every other 2 ball mode in pinball

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

'Tourist Season' mode begins ! ...woo yeah ....awesome This time I'm gonna *really* nail it.
*instantly loses a ball*
I can't remember the last time I had a decent crack at it. The curse of the the 2 ball mode. See also ....every other 2 ball mode in pinball

Oh I feel ya!! Big time
LOL

#2585 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

*instantly loses a ball*

LOL! You are not alone. I completed all the shots yesterday, but that's a rarity. More often than not, I quickly drain just like you described.

#2586 5 years ago

I usually can do pretty well on it by catching a ball on the right flipper and just repeating the right ramp with the left flipper. One of my favorite modes for sure.

#2587 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I usually can do pretty well on it by catching a ball on the right flipper and just repeating the right ramp with the left flipper. One of my favorite modes for sure.

Yep .....that's always my plan

#2588 5 years ago

Can anyone confirm whether or not this machine has ghosting issues? I'd appreciate knowing so I can determine whether I'll need nob-ghosting LEDs.

Thanks!

#2589 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Can anyone confirm whether or not this machine has ghosting issues? I'd appreciate knowing so I can determine whether I'll need nob-ghosting LEDs.
Thanks!

I used Comet twin SMDs throughout. No issues.

#2590 5 years ago

I had no issues with comet LED's

#2591 5 years ago

No ghosting on mine. Art is cracked around mine though so inserts must be moving.

#2592 5 years ago

Shoutout to Baywatch for not making me take all the balls out of the though before I lift the playfield.

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Shoutout to Baywatch for not making me take all the balls out of the though before I lift the playfield.

And if you need to there is an auto eject setting that spits them out for you!!

#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Quoted from V_piscopo:

I had no issues with comet LED's

Appreciate the confirmation. Nothing like the smell of minor LED cost savings to fuel the rest of my afternoon!

#2595 5 years ago

still such a shame that this game is not even in the top 100 on pinside rankings.

Owners need to step it up and get this thing up to the immaculate 100.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Did you go with color matching LEDs for the various inserts or just natural/cool white?

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I've rated it pretty well.......but I can not lie about how poor the lighting is without modification

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I've rated it pretty well.......but I can not lie about how poor the lighting is without modification

The middle of the PF is so dark!

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

still such a shame that this game is not even in the top 100 on pinside rankings.

Yep.

Ratings are pretty meaningless ....however ......its crazy for example that Black Rose, Judge Dredd, Dr.Who are all rated above Baywatch. Decent enough games but I have owned all those and they are *long* gone ...... Baywatch outstayed them all !

If say Stern came out with a game now with Baywatch playfield layout .... people would be hosing themselves. It's an incredible layout

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yep.
Ratings are pretty meaningless ....however ......its crazy for example that Black Rose, Judge Dredd, Dr.Who are all rated above Baywatch. Decent enough games but I have owned all those and they are *long* gone ...... Baywatch outstayed them all !
If say Stern came out with a game now with Baywatch playfield layout .... people would be hosing themselves. It's an incredible layout

100% this.
When I was looking for a new game I knew I wanted something other than a fan layout, and that eliminated just about every game from the past 20 years. Love that Baywatch has unique layout and tons to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.