IMG_9109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8293 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
20231226_091120 (resized).jpg
Baywatch (resized).jpg
IMG_0416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6100 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 102.
#201 9 years ago

One thing about the Sega pop-bumpers, they are all held together by a plastic frame, it's a good idea to check these frames from time-to-time for cracks, something to look for when purchasing also. I would think they could be suseptible to drying/cracking over the years - especially if they aren't fixed solidly to the playfield.

#202 9 years ago

yup, I had one frame completely blown out when I did my refurb.

My game is 99.9% done and I will load up pics when complete. i am waiting on 2 switches to come in from pblife. After putting the game all back together I found 2 that were gorked.

Glen > I have you down for a plastic also.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am assuming nobody wants/needs a free new plastic and drop stickers since noone has replied with photo of their busted one.
Guess there really are only like 5 of us that even keep this thread going, lol.

Just took a look at my plastic - yep it's cracked and chipped.

image-979.jpgimage-979.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#204 9 years ago

Ok, with pinRob in, I am cutting the offer off.

That is all I have for clear plastic already cut and shaped and each ones takes a bit of time (which is always limited).

#205 9 years ago

Yep I hear you on limited time - took me a few days to even look at it and take a pic. Thanks and let me know any further details via PM

#206 9 years ago

OK.

Plastics polished edges.
Transparencies printed and backs painted white.
Plastics affixed to transparencies with varathane.

Will take a week of dry time before I can futz with them.

I am not going to drill out the holes as it is a pretty tight placement on my game depending on how your ramp is and the posts it sets on, so easier for each person to drill it out yourself for exact fit.

I suggest overdrilling slightly (helps to keep if from breaking it it has a little play) and drill from the frontside. Go slow with pressure but high speed rotation on drill (almost melting the hole as you drill); do it with the plastic firmly placed on a piece of paper on top of a piece of wood to keep from scratching off paint on backside and also for an optimal clean hole (everyone likes a clean hole).

I will post some photos after I get the camera charged.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for an optimal clean hole (everyone likes a clean hole).

Yes an optimal clean hole is what I like too

#208 9 years ago

Added some sea life to BW today.

10410191_873835425971529_6900726761551278219_n.jpg10410191_873835425971529_6900726761551278219_n.jpg
#209 9 years ago

I like the dolphins jumping over the wire forms... great idea.

Has anyone done any creative painting on the lifeguard tower, railing, or 'steps' ? I've always thought it could look a lot better. Maybe enhance the wood textured look of the railing. Paint the shack white or baby blue.

31356536.jpg31356536.jpg

#210 9 years ago

Adding this link to this thread - Baywatch Mods....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-mods

#211 9 years ago

Oh yeah, Hilton, when you gonna mod it out with jumping dolphins?

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Oh yeah, Hilton, when you gonna mod it out with jumping dolphins?

lol. ummm... never

I spent all my BW mods money on powdercoat and the DMD extender.

#213 9 years ago

Yeah, really digging those dolphins! Did the shark but have to find those. Where did you get them?

20131123_162011.jpg20131123_162011.jpg 20131123_161620.jpg20131123_161620.jpg
#214 9 years ago

Ok HERE is the paper we used for the target decals.

Invent It! print & stick project paper gloss finish 09030-0.

http://www.amazon.com/Invent-It-Print-Stick-Project/dp/B00001RMDR

http://www.amazon.com/Invent-Print-Stick-Project-Paper/dp/B007YLQUSE

This is out of production so I would get one or two packs before the above ads run out.

#215 9 years ago

And here are my original target images I drew up back in September 2012. I'm using the images swinks provided as they have the correct aspect ratio and a higher resolution.

baywatch 1.PNGbaywatch 1.PNG
baywatch 2.PNGbaywatch 2.PNG
baywatch 3.PNGbaywatch 3.PNG
baywatch kickback.PNGbaywatch kickback.PNG

#216 9 years ago

Printed the plastics on photo paper and the decals I printed in normal mode. The yellow turned out a little light but not a big deal. I was afraid to use photo paper mode on these as last time I did it bled the colors.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-903.jpgimage-903.jpg
#217 9 years ago

I also use Scotch self-seal laminating pouches for extra protection on the decals.

#218 9 years ago

Ugh, grease on drop targets? WHY? This stuff got all over the target housing as well as the switches. Two were broken so I just swapped them all out with new. Saves a lot of nasty cleaning.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#219 9 years ago

plastics are done. They are not perfect, but better than what you have.
I am not entirely happy with how the transparency is holding to the plastic (some edges lifting), but hey, free is free right...

You can always peel and restick with something else if you want, but should hold up pretty well once installed.

Pinball_Nate
TenaciousT
Glen
pinRob

Please pm me your adresses. If you sent them before then they are probably buried, so please send them again.

#220 9 years ago

rob and nate >> letters are addressed and stamped.

Where you at Tenacious T and Glen? I looked through all messages and dont think either sent me a PM originally or now. Hit me up ASAP if you still want a plastic. I'd like to only stop at the PO once/tuesday on way to work.

#221 9 years ago

all 4 addresses received

plastics and tossed in some new drop target stickers go out on Tuesday. Standard snail mail.

#222 9 years ago

Thanks whysnow!

-Nate

#223 9 years ago

dropped them in the mail this morning so you shoudl all see them in a few days.

I suggest lining up holes for drilling and measure 3 times, drill once.
Good luck and hope you are happy with them. Not my best work but first time remaking a plastic from scratch.

Top of plastics still have protective layer, so be sure to peel it off. Bottom obviously dont have any protection.

#224 9 years ago

Thanks Whysnow. Super nice of you!

#225 9 years ago

Dang, my ramps have quite a bit of dirt on them after a good scrubbing with soap and water. Novus time!

#226 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
#227 9 years ago

Whysnow - do you have any target decal left. I'd be interested in a set if you do.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

Whysnow - do you have any target decal left. I'd be interested in a set if you do.

Sorry, mailed out the remaining good ones I had already.

Should be fairly easy to print the ones in this post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/3#post-2150902

already prepped for you. You can print on sticker paper or even just use a nice card stock and then mylar over them once applied.

#229 9 years ago

anyone get their plastic and drop stickers?

Were they so crappy that nobody wants to post ?

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not yet - will post here when they arrive

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Not yet - will post here when they arrive

Nope not here either.

#232 9 years ago

man USPS standard mail has really gotten slow...

2 weeks ago I had a standard letter take 7 business days to travel 120miles.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Got mine yesterday, will share a pic once I get it installed........thanks, looks good!

#234 9 years ago

I'm finally getting my playfield back together today. Will post pictures of it finished this evening!

#235 9 years ago

Got it - Thanks again Hilton - I will return the favor someday somehow.image.jpgimage.jpg

#236 9 years ago

Holy crap 4 hours straight and I still didn't get a chance to play. But it's DONE, minus a couple small tweaks here and there and the color display. And dang, it looks freaking awesome!!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-886.jpgimage-886.jpg
image-529.jpgimage-529.jpg
image-20.jpgimage-20.jpg
image-976.jpgimage-976.jpg
image-610.jpgimage-610.jpg
image-870.jpgimage-870.jpg
image-392.jpgimage-392.jpg

#237 9 years ago

Crash - any way you could take some pics with some lights on. Can't really see much in those pics.

#238 9 years ago

There's a light right above the game that gives me glare issues when I go to take photos. But sure.

#239 9 years ago

Ahhh, take the glass off?

#240 9 years ago

Reflects off the playfield.

#241 9 years ago

Play? You mean you're supposed to play these things?!

Man, haven't done that in a while; here we look forwards to winter, more time inside to play pinball before the "warm weather activities" hit - but somehow they still just sit........

#242 9 years ago

That's a very dark playfield. I added a few spotlights to mine for some much needed lighting.

#243 9 years ago

anyone else have issues with the fork micro switch in the shark hole?

I just installed a new one and already it needs more adjustment.
I am not a fan of the fork micro ever and with the shark hole getting so much action it gets lots of use.

Anyone have tips for this?

#244 9 years ago

Lit photos. Man you guys are picky!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-90.jpgimage-90.jpg image-664.jpgimage-664.jpg image-912.jpgimage-912.jpg image-439.jpgimage-439.jpg image-189.jpgimage-189.jpg image-707.jpgimage-707.jpg image-732.jpgimage-732.jpg
#245 9 years ago

Who's tired of the Baywatch theme song yet?

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Who's tired of the Baywatch theme song yet?

I actually love it!

#248 9 years ago

Whysnow, haven't had to fuss with that switch yet, but good to know it'll need lots of TLC if worked on!!

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Theme Song - I actually love it!

I'll be there, everywhere

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Lit photos. Man you guys are picky!

Nice - very nice - now we can see it!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.