New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 33977)

Baywatch Club....Members Only!

By dnhayden

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,604 posts
  • 242 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by sudsy7
  • Topic is favorited by 80 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 847 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
P1040943 (resized).JPG
P1040942 (resized).JPG
P1040939 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.32.15 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.32.01 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 10.31.52 AM (resized).png
B84D84AF-35F8-4BDA-A14B-2BF9D2B039E3 (resized).jpeg
80CE99FF-2952-4EB6-9FDC-5E91D95178E2 (resized).jpeg
86F6944F-384B-4937-95C6-DE7CCB1A5301 (resized).jpeg
18984935-319E-4736-B537-D12449B933FF (resized).jpeg
30786494-B5A1-4B08-973D-94AE2E617BE3 (resized).jpeg
5D307B92-7677-4F50-BA32-106462B35851 (resized).jpeg
26365 (resized).jpeg
26360 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200920_103214_036 (resized).jpg

There are 3604 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 73.
#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Looks great! But that boat scene doesn't look final?

Which boat scene? There are several. The ball launch boat? The scarab? The chopper rescue?

#2302 2 years ago

Just received an email my XLCOLORDMD has shipped

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Just received an email my XLCOLORDMD has shipped

So plug and play and you are ready to go ???
Or need to download when finalized ?

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Great question.......I do not know at this time.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Full color will need a download of the Baywatch firmware when it’s up at ColorDMD. It will work but not in full color until download and install of it in ColorDMD.

#2306 2 years ago

Just got the email as well. Good cause my current display is going to be sold tomorrow.

#2307 2 years ago

Got my email also. Game is sad without a DMD in it currently. Can't wait to get this installed! I'm sure the firmware will be up on their site in the next week.

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Which boat scene? There are several. The ball launch boat? The scarab? The chopper rescue?

Sorry the ball launch one, yellow and white boat creating wash in the black sea?

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Same with any ColorDMD you purchase. People sometimes buy a display and put it in a different game than originally planned.

2018-04-27 19_48_19-X-LED Replacement Display for Baywatch Pinball Machines - ColorDMD Displays LLC (resized).png

#2310 2 years ago

An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #13262 is now Shipped

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Sorry the ball launch one, yellow and white boat creating wash in the black sea?

Colordmd doesn’t change graphics, just applies color to the dots that exist. Those are all the dots there are for that launch clip. The background is black in monochrome, so it’s still black in color.

#2312 2 years ago

The Sand is Getting Hot Around Here !!!

#2313 2 years ago

My DMD has been marked as shipped as well Woo Hoo!! I tried to plan ahead and sell my old DMD on eBay. Tuesday the auction was over and the high bidder was from New Zealand and hasn’t paid for it I don’t know what to do I guess I have to realist it back on eBay..?

#2314 2 years ago

My left lane plastic is unfortunately broken. Has anyone else an undamaged? Whether used, NOS or repro. The last thing I still miss, then my baywatch would be perfect. Thank you!

567a960f052b90eed7a35694552668b3ce20ed98 (resized).jpg

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from retrosys:

My left lane plastic is unfortunately broken. Has anyone else an undamaged? Whether used, NOS or repro. The last thing I still miss, then my baywatch would be perfect. Thank you!

I can high res scan it for you and give you CAD of the shape?

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from retrosys:

Those are available, I replaced that exact same piece, but I cant remember where...

#2317 2 years ago

Pinball center has the 23 piece set... but that may be over kill

#2318 2 years ago

professorpinball

Where did you get that inlane plastic for Baywatch

#2319 2 years ago

Does Bay Area amusements have them? I bought some from them last year

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Does Bay Area amusements have them? I bought some from them last year

As per the announcement, this run is only available from the ColorDMD webstore.

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

As per the announcement, this run is only available from the ColorDMD webstore.

We are talking about inlane plastics ...

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

We are talking about inlane plastics ...

Crap. My bad. I was skimming some of the replies. Sorry guys.

#2323 2 years ago

It seems some X LED ColorDMDs should be arriving in some hands today and tomorrow in the states. Wishing I still had my game.

#2324 2 years ago

Yup, my tracking info indicates deliver today.

#2325 2 years ago

My package has arrived at the house but I'm at work.

#2326 2 years ago

Got my ColorDMD today! Well packed as usual and I will be installing it in a little while.

#2327 2 years ago

I'm expecting mine today. Squeeeeee!

#2328 2 years ago

Got mine a few hours ago. Might have time to install it this afternoon.

#2329 2 years ago

Will the ColorDMD file for Baywatch be available on the 5th?

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Will the ColorDMD file for Baywatch be available on the 5th?

On the site now. Looking forward to some gameplay videos!

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

...and my ColorDMD arrives today! Awesome!

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got mine a few hours ago. Might have time to install it this afternoon.

Quoted from PinRob:

Got my ColorDMD today! Well packed as usual and I will be installing it in a little while.

yoda meme there is no try - Bing images - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided b_2018-04-30_14-08-50 (resized).png

#2334 2 years ago

Was stuck on a work telecon so I installed the ColorDMD. Took maybe 15 minutes, fits great and looks sweet!

Edit, I already had sold my DMD so everything was already taken apart and disconnected. That's why it only took me 15 min. Will take longer than that for a normal replacement.

20180430_150915 (resized).jpg

#2335 2 years ago

Looks great!

1C61A35B-A674-4BA4-A3D8-3696DF532036 (resized).jpeg

#2336 2 years ago

So I should have asked if i needed the smaller board and ribbon cable when selling my DMD. I guess i was assuming the color dmd was built in all-in-one (as well as the buyer). Buyer is local and I reached out to him, hoping I could get that display controller board, roms and ribbon cable back from him. Hopefully there's no issue!

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So I should have asked if i needed the smaller board and ribbon cable when selling my DMD. I guess i was assuming the color dmd was built in all in one (as well as the buyer). Buyer is local and I reached out to him, hoping I could get that display controller board, roms and ribbon cablevack from him. Hopefully there's no issue!

You definitely want to get back the smaller display controller board that’s was on the back. It pretty much unobtainable. I should have posted here that people that were selling the DMD before hand need to keep the controller board and 14pin ribbon cable. Luckily I had reached out to Randy before I sold mine and asked what is needed off of the original DMD. Hope you can get it back.

#2338 2 years ago

He texted me back. He said he was going to take a look to see if the roms are there. I told him they should be if he didn't take them out. Assuming he'll use the one in the game he's intending the dmd for, I'm hoping there are no issues returning it.

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You definitely want to get back the smaller display controller board that’s was on the back. It pretty much unobtainable. I should have posted here that people that were selling the DMD before hand need to keep the controller board and 14pin ribbon cable. Luckily I had reached out to Randy before I sold mine and asked what is needed off of the original DMD. Hope you can get it back.

Right, I just sold the actual DMD display and kept everything else, especially the control board. You don't need the metal shield though, that doesn't get reinstalled on the ColorDMD.

#2340 2 years ago

I wasn't familiar with how Sega DMDs were set up, with the controller board mounting to the back. I tried to look up some other installs right before the buyer was coming to pick it up, but yeah, like I said, i guess i thought the ColorDMD was all-in-one. now i know

#2341 2 years ago

Just got done playing some games with the new ColorDMD. By far my favorite color display. It’s big, it’s awesome, and anyone with a Baywatch should get one. Great job!

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Balls! Mine arrived late yesterday evening because the post man missed it and came back around later. Thought I heard the 5th for the firmware too so I didn't even bother installing it.

Guess that will change tonight.

#2343 2 years ago

Just installed mine. Looks fantastic!

Also, the box it comes in makes a great box to ship out your old DMD if you decide to sell it.

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Balls! Mine arrived late yesterday evening because the post man missed it and came back around later. Thought I heard the 5th for the firmware too so I didn't even bother installing it.
Guess that will change tonight.

Yes, that was correct. But also the displays were actually scheduled to start shipping on the 5th. So getting the display and firmware earlier than announced seems to be a very good problem to have.

#2345 2 years ago

Will this awesome color DMD bring this fun pin well into the Top100 where it belongs?

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Will this awesome color DMD bring this fun pin well into the Top100 where it belongs?

I'm actually looking at this as a full circle. Everyone seemed to be able to sell their original 192 dmd' very easy so I'm hoping a few of the other 192 sega pins are resurrected and as a whole all sega 192 pins increase in popularity!

Maybe just wishful thinking....

#2347 2 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I'm actually looking at this as a full circle. Everyone seemed to be able to sell their original 192 dmd' very easy so I'm hoping a few of the other 192 sega pins are resurrected and as a whole all sega 192 pins increase in popularity!
Maybe just wishful thinking....

I know I sold mine to a local PinSider who resurrected his Baywatch from the dead.

#2348 2 years ago

Have an issue that just came up today. Upon waterskiing video mode about half way through the game shoots out 2 balls and flippers start working. Anybody have any ideas what the heck is going on?

#2349 2 years ago

I got my DMD today and I have to tell you it couldn’t of worked any better timing wise because the guy in New Zealand that bought mine off of eBay paid me for my old DMD on Sunday! I just held him off until today when my new one arrived and I used the box and all the packing to send it off today and I learned from Fat Panda what to keep.. I’m sorry FatPanda that we learned from you I hope you get your board and wiring back

#2350 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Have an issue that just came up today. Upon waterskiing video mode about half way through the game shoots out 2 balls and flippers start working. Anybody have any ideas what the heck is going on?

Throwing a dart here but.... bad rom or corrupt?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Malden, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 22.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
PinSound
There are 3604 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 73.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside