By dnhayden

5 years ago

Stats

• 2,490 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ChadH
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 575 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Rom File Conversion (resized).jpg
BW_TidalWave (resized).png
20180521_195720_resized (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.52.54 AM (resized).png
20180515_155500 (resized).jpg
20180515_155505 (resized).jpg
20180515_155514 (resized).jpg
20180515_113024 (resized).jpg
IMG_8697 (resized).JPG
IMG_1963 (resized).JPG
20180512_132907 (resized).jpg
20180512_132855 (resized).jpg
20180512_075634 (resized).jpg
20180510_170908_resized (resized).jpg
BW switch schematic (resized).jpg
BW switch matrix (resized).jpg

There are 2489 posts in topic. You are on page 46 of 50.
#2251 38 days ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I understand if boards are being overhauled but nvram is plug n play on these boards FYI.

Yes I agree. I asked Allan (Ardvark pinball) if he would install it since there is a header pin melted and other things that needed attention.

#2252 38 days ago

I apologize if I missed it, but has there been a date or ordering process or line for the XL ColorDMD?

#2253 38 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I apologize if I missed it, but has there been a date or ordering process or line for the XL ColorDMD?

No

#2254 38 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I am also sorry if I missed it, is there a stash of envelopes or a place to pick up the envelopes of cash so I can attempt to justify to pay for the new XLColorDMD

#2255 38 days ago

I'm wondering how many XLColorDMD will be available when the first run is released

#2256 38 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm wondering how many XLColorDMD will be available when the first run is released

A limited number is all that was stated.

#2257 36 days ago

2018-04-20 21_44_47-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Posts - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#2258 34 days ago

Hey, Baywatch friends!

Weird question: is there supposed to be a little dent in the right ramp or is my ramp damaged?

BWrampDent (resized).jpg

#2259 34 days ago

Here’s mine, doesn’t look the same as yours

I wonder if someone was trying to flame polish it and got it too hot?

C34271E5-B9DA-4BD3-B8ED-1D5DA566BA01 (resized).jpeg

#2260 34 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Here’s mine, doesn’t look the same as yours
I wonder if someone was trying to flame polish it and got it too hot?

Thanks! That explains why it's so hard to make an upper flipper shot. If anyone has a lead on a new ramp please let me know!

#2261 34 days ago

You could get crazy and try warming it up with a heat gun and pushing it back carefully?

#2262 34 days ago

You could get crazy and try warming it up with a heat gun and pushing it back carefully?

Too risky - I'd probably mess it up even more.

#2263 34 days ago

Hair dryer is a little safer for an attempt!
"You can do it!"

#2264 33 days ago

Don't use a heat gun ! hairdryer may do it, but what I use is a small kitchen torch to make creme brulee.
Go over it a few times (always keep the flame moving !!!) and it should become flexible enough so you can push it in the correct shape.
Use something flat to push it you don't want to get your fingerprints in the side of the ramp..

#2265 33 days ago

I thin we should try to get some ramps made :-p

#2266 33 days ago

ColorDMD pre-order is up!! I'm excited.

http://shop.colordmd.com/

#2267 33 days ago

Just ordered my X-LED DMD. I sold my Baywatch DMD for $350 profit, so this is a great upgrade for only $140!

#2268 33 days ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Thanks for the heads-up! I just placed my order.

#2269 33 days ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I did too. We're all crazy...

#2270 33 days ago

Order is placed. This is my first color DMD I plan on taking Baywatch to the New England Pintastic Show

#2271 33 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Order is placed. This is my first color DMD I plan on taking Baywatch to the New England Pintastic Show

Awesome. Let Randy know you are planning on taking it to he can send you an advertisement to put on your game. Email him at info@colordmd.com

#2272 33 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Awesome. Let Randy know you are planning on taking it to he can send you an advertisement to put on your game. Email him at info@colordmd.com

I'd be hoping for a meager % discount on a new dmd if I was doing free advertising for them, wouldn't the business also want their sales (customers) to promote their sales for them? Or maybe this is already happening and i'm talking out my ass....

#2273 33 days ago

I'd be hoping for a meager % discount on a new dmd if I was doing free advertising for them, wouldn't the business also want their sales (customers) to promote their sales for them? Or maybe this is already happening and i'm talking out my ass....

Randy gave discounts for TPF of games that were brought displaying a ColorDMD. Have to inquire if other shows qualify.

#2274 33 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Thanks I will send Randy an email. Excited to see it.

#2275 33 days ago

ColorDMD X-LED DISPLAY! Limited Pilot Run

We are now accepting orders through our store site. Target shipping date is May 5, 2018.

Product Announcement and Preorder Information: https://mailchi.mp/c321213bea50/new-colordmd-x-led-192x64-displays-preorder-now

ColorDMD X-LED

#2276 33 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We are now accepting orders through our store site. Target shipping date is May 5, 2018.
Product Announcement and Preorder Information: https://mailchi.mp/c321213bea50/new-colordmd-x-led-192x64-displays-preorder-now

Super excited for this! Will the Baywatch firmware be available to download when they ship?

#2277 33 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Super excited for this! Will the Baywatch firmware be available to download when they ship?

As per the link, A full Baywatch announcement and preview will be sent in an upcoming email. For additional information, please join our mailing list, follow us on Facebook, or visit our website at http://www.colordmd.com!

#2278 33 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes! We will also be sending out a formal Baywatch announcement and preview soon!

#2279 33 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Yes! We will also be sending out a formal Baywatch announcement and preview soon!

Apparently, not soon enough for some.

#2280 33 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Will you take CDN dollars on par?

#2281 33 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hey, Baywatch friends!
Weird question: is there supposed to be a little dent in the right ramp or is my ramp damaged?

flame polish job gone bad for sure!

#2282 33 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I have been waiting years to add a ColorDMD to my BW. The day is finally here, preordered!!

The best office in the world is about to get oh so much better

#2283 33 days ago

Now, will the market be flooded with 192 x 64 DMD's in the coming weeks.........i thinks so!

#2284 33 days ago

Now, will the market be flooded with 192 x 64 DMD's in the coming weeks.........i thinks so!

I'll certainly try to sell mine!

#2285 33 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I'll certainly try to sell mine!

Lol... Ditto.

#2286 33 days ago

@dmod What happens after the “Limited pilot run” ? Still plan on making these? If so will the price be the same?

#2288 32 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What happens after the “limited pilot run”?

Placed my order (hours ago) immediately upon seeing the announcement today, to avoid missing out on the pilot run.

#2289 32 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Placed my order (hours ago) immediately upon seeing the announcement today, to avoid missing out on the pilot run.

I think it may be a while before they are sold out. I count currently 110 units available between the Baywatch specific Led release and the general 192x64 Led in the ColorDMD store

#2290 31 days ago

My shooter lane switch actuator broke and I can't find an exact replacement for just the actuator. Do you think this actuator will work for this style switch? The actuator would have to extend into the shooter lane wireform, and without it physically in-hand, I'm not sure if it will extend high enough.

actuator (resized).JPG
switch (resized).jpg

#2291 31 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do you think this actuator will work for this style switch?

Yes, but you may need to do some careful bending.

#2292 31 days ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Yes, but you may need to do some careful bending.

I'll give it a go then.

#2293 31 days ago

I've used that top switch as a replacement for the bottom style switch on Baywatch and a few different games and it works fine.

#2294 31 days ago

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it'll work without too much issue.

#2295 31 days ago

The bottom switch is installed on mine. I ordered it from marco.

#2297 30 days ago

BAYWATCH VIDEO PREVIEW

Baywatch, colored by Eric Priepke, is our 75th supported game, and the first to use the new X-LED 192x64 display!

Target Release Date: May 5. Order now from our store site: http://shop.colordmd.com!

» YouTube video

#2298 30 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

BAYWATCH VIDEO PREVIEW
Baywatch, colored by Eric Priepke, is our 75th supported game, and the first to use the new X-LED 192x64 display!
Target Release Date: May 5. Order now from our store site: http://shop.colordmd.com!
» YouTube video

Amazing preview video. Can’t wait to put it in.

#2299 30 days ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Amazing preview video. Can’t wait to put it in.

That’s what he said

#2300 29 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

BAYWATCH VIDEO PREVIEW
» YouTube video

Looks great! But that boat scene doesn't look final?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Omaha, NE
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
There are 2489 posts in topic. You are on page 46 of 50.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside