IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 103.
#1951 6 years ago

Could anybody tell me if the two flasher in the back.of the playfield flash in unison with the top left and bottom right of the backglass. Those flashers never did work and the wires join with the main harness and cant tell where they exit. I suspect they go to the translight.

Thanks

#1952 6 years ago

Going to look at a baywatch soon. ANything I should make sure to check out of the norm for a pin?

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Could anybody tell me if the two flasher in the back.of the playfield flash in unison with the top left and bottom right of the backglass. Those flashers never did work and the wires join with the main harness and cant tell where they exit. I suspect they go to the translight.
Thanks

bwflash (resized).pngbwflash (resized).png

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Going to look at a baywatch soon. ANything I should make sure to check out of the norm for a pin?

The DMD is a huge thing, as these are expensive to replace, but it might be a good opportunity to go with a ColorDMD whenever they colorize and announce for Sega games. The skill shot more often than not will not work, unless it's been kept up and maintained.

#1955 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The DMD is a huge thing, as these are expensive to replace, but it might be a good opportunity to go with a ColorDMD whenever they colorize and announce for Sega games. The skill shot more often than not will not work, unless it's been kept up and maintained.

Yeah, now that we have pin2dmd and colordmd, I’m not worried about the dmd. What is the skill shot you speak of?

#1956 6 years ago

There are 3 skill shots you can choose from before you launch the ball: top inlanes, shark scoop, or side ramp. The issues usually are that the ball doesnt go all the way around for the shark scoop or the side ramp. It's not a make or break issue, but will be something that you'll have to deal with if the owner isn't like "one of us". It's usually a setup issue or shop out deal. I would make sure all the solenoids fire at the least, if not already in your normal buying routine.

#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There are 3 skill shots you can choose from before you launch the ball: top inlanes, shark scoop, or side ramp. The issues usually are that the ball doesnt go all the way around for the shark scoop or the side ramp. It's not a make or break issue, but will be something that you'll have to deal with if the owner isn't like "one of us". It's usually a setup issue or shop out deal. I would make sure all the solenoids fire at the least, if not already in your normal buying routine.

Ah cool, thanks. I’ll test the skill shots and can do the coil checks

#1958 6 years ago

I'm trying to help a friend with their BW machine. It plays great and the display never has an issue, but the sound board cuts in and out a lot. It was "Baywatch will be right back" enough to make you think you should be shooting a pyramid. Sometimes the music works (when audio is working at all) and sometimes it's just the callouts/sound effects. Any key places to look first?

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm trying to help a friend with their BW machine. It plays great and the display never has an issue, but the sound board cuts in and out a lot. It was "Baywatch will be right back" enough to make you think you should be shooting a pyramid. Sometimes the music works (when audio is working at all) and sometimes it's just the callouts/sound effects. Any key places to look first?

Try reseating both ends of the sound board ribbon cable. If that does not help, reseat all the connectors to the sound board.

#1960 6 years ago

If that doesn't help. Reflow all pins on sound board.

#1961 6 years ago

Need some help with with my ball launch coil. I noticed the other day that the bracket that holds the ball launch coil had been modified so I ordered a new from Marco Specialities and today when I removed it I noticed there is a broken wire off this switch. Can someone please confirm the wiring?

20180303_143514 (resized).jpg20180303_143514 (resized).jpg

#1962 6 years ago

Not sure why this post is not screwed to the playfield? It was hitting the ball launch coil.

Screenshot_20180303-144835 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180303-144835 (resized).jpg

#1963 6 years ago

Hard to tell by the pic. but I do not see the 3rd. leg on the switch because it also needs a 1N4001 diode . so that might be the wrong switch .

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Hard to tell by the pic. but I do not see the 3rd. leg on the switch because it also needs a 1N4001 diode . so that might be the wrong switch .

Thanks. I just looked up that switch and can see the diode is missing and the switch is broken

#1965 6 years ago

Looks like the wrong arm too.

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Yeah I have that same issue and pretty sure it's a failing bridge rectifier. I have a new one and need to install it. I'll post the results after I do. On my game it seems to happen frequently after a cold boot - game has been off all day - but then happens less frequently as the game warms up. Coils, especially the pops, will trigger the resets.

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Looks like the wrong arm too.

Wrong arm on the switch?

#1968 6 years ago

Ya - mine has the half moon shaped one as in the pic. of the switch in the manual .

#1969 6 years ago

Anybody know the exact details of what controls the value of earthquake? I really need to force it to be something with a 7.

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody know the exact details of what controls the value of earthquake? I really need to force it to be something with a 7.

You mean this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/23#post-3914118

#1971 6 years ago

Yes, exactly that! Thanks. I hadn't worked it out on my own, but managed to get all the digits except seven accidentally.

E

#1972 6 years ago

Anyone have a image file for score cards I could download?

Thanks

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone have a image file for score cards I could download?
Thanks

I have some cool ones, i'll try to find them

#1974 6 years ago

If it doesn't size right, message me and maybe I can just e-mail the file.

baywatch Final (resized).jpgbaywatch Final (resized).jpg

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If it doesn't size right, message me and maybe I can just e-mail the file.

Thanks for the photos

#1976 6 years ago

Finally

83E385CA-DC39-4502-9204-634BD5CC23CD (resized).jpeg83E385CA-DC39-4502-9204-634BD5CC23CD (resized).jpeg

Quoted from FatPanda:

All three worked game has some other things that need to be worked out but overall pf is nice and it plays! Now I understand why you mentioned it. I never realized the three shots were all over the place!

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

When you update the code to ChadC 6.0 it should correct the skill shot issue. This is a issue for all Baywatch machines.

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

When you update the code to ChadC 6.0

That's ChadH 4.01. I'll have what you're drinking

#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

When you update the code to ChadC 6.0 it should correct the skill shot issue. This is a issue for all Baywatch machines.

Part is software but most of it is setup and cleanliness.

Messed up wireforms, gates not working, not leveled correctly, dirty playfield etc.

#1980 6 years ago

Alright, so my baywatch is going to need lots of love....and money? maybe just time

Game is a reimport from Germany, they kind of hacked a power supply in there in addition to the transformer. Is there any good info on how to bring this big dmd sega back to the US power correctly? I see a new transformer ($280), but read there are some you can use a jumper plug.? I swear my old gottlieb sys 3's did that. I don't see much for the jumper, but I haven't really opened it up and dug around much yet.

EDIT: freaking funny, the ipdb manual I had open was on this page, 81, for the transformer jumper. May need pictures to help visualize.

The only issue now that makes it un-playable is the right lower flipper goes limp, flips late etc after the game warms up. Switches look good, fuses on the flipper boards test good. I saw an led or two on the flipper boards, do those have indications for voltage at the board?

I'll be reading the pinwiki and manual. While the game played it was awesome, I can't believe they crammed this much stuff in the game!

#1981 6 years ago

first thing to do when buying any data east or sega game is reflow ppb board on all of them. saves a lot of headaches down the road.

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

first thing to do when buying any data east or sega game is reflow ppb board on all of them. saves a lot of headaches down the road.

Alrighty. I'll reflow all the pins on that board tomorrow. I'm waiting to hear back from clive on the ETA for board repair. Was going to ship all to him to get a fresh start.

I did reflow the connector pins on both flipper boards. good start but missed a board!

#1983 6 years ago

Anyone use Brasso or similar on the wireforms to clean them up? Remember someone saying the plating is very thin and fragile.

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Anyone use Brasso or similar on the wireforms to clean them up? Remember someone saying the plating is very thin and fragile.

I also remember that, and it was in the last page or two....

#1985 6 years ago

If you use any form of polish such as Mothers Mag, you will remove the gold plating.

#1986 6 years ago

Are there any sources for the
red/pink flipper
shark flipper
dual ramp
center ramp
plastic set

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Are there any sources for the
red/pink flipper
shark flipper
dual ramp
center ramp
plastic set

Not plastic set, but major "easy break" randoms at Bay Area amusements, haven't seen much else out there. If you scroll back a page or two, one dude was mentioning he does full plastic Sega set if i'm not crazy

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/baywatch/6771/plastic-set-for-baywatch?c=2807

Pinball rebel has some stuff also

#1988 6 years ago

My Baywatch was manufactured in May of 95. I was looking to purchase a flipper rebuild kit. I have noticed there is a updated kit and there is the early Sega kit part number 500-6306-20. What kit has everyone been using? Should I use the newer version kit?

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Part is software but most of it is setup and cleanliness.
Messed up wireforms, gates not working, not leveled correctly, dirty playfield etc.

Yep. v.4.01 should help increase the success rate of all gate functionality... but ultimately you do want to make sure your gates, associated coils, and playfield are all in good solid shape.

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My Baywatch was manufactured in May of 95. I was looking to purchase a flipper rebuild kit. I have noticed there is a updated kit and there is the early Sega kit part number 500-6306-20. What kit has everyone been using? Should I use the newer version kit?

I bought this for mine, I didn't do the full rebuild kit, but maybe you can cross reference the parts

Plunger link & pawl Data East / Sega 515-5051-00

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not plastic set, but major "easy break" randoms at Bay Area amusements, haven't seen much else out there. If you scroll back a page or two, one dude was mentioning he does full plastic Sega set if i'm not crazy
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/baywatch/6771/plastic-set-for-baywatch?c=2807
Pinball rebel has some stuff also

Mmm ya, I'll snag that set from pinball center.

So looks like my right ramp is missing #10 and 11, ramp protectors. Did anyone know if cliffy made any, they almost look like the tron ones could be cut/adapted.

#1992 6 years ago

came across this... some interesting info regarding the machine.
the creator cameo section was full of info i had no idea. never really watched the show...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Pinball/Baywatch

#1993 6 years ago

ColorDMD! It’s here. So glad I held off getting anything else.
ColorDMD X-LED Preview!
ColorDMD is excited to preview the new ColorDMD X-LED this week at the Texas Pinball Festival!
The X-LED is designed to extend full multicolor support to 192x64 DMD games including Baywatch, Frankenstein, Batman Forever, and Maverick. The X-LED utilizes the same ColorDMD Chroma controller board used in current LED products, and leverages ColorDMD's extensive colorization technology for a complete, large-format, full-color experience.
The TPF preview will appear at the ColorDMD booth, and feature Eric Priepke's astounding work on BAYWATCH! Baywatch is an iconic game that includes challenging full-motion video, video modes, and dynamic animation sequences that change based on gameplay. Eric has colored them all, and it's like nothing you've seen! If you're a fan of large format DMD games, this is an exciting preview you won't want to miss.
ColorDMD extends our sincere thanks to Mark Brown for sharing his game at TPF!
A limited pilot run of X-LED displays is in production now, targeting Spring 2018 release. On release, ColorDMD X-LED will support for both the Baywatch and SIGMA (single-color) ROMs. The SIGMA ROM allows custom selection from 97 different static colors, and also supports dynamic color variation using an external RGB controller.
Displays from the pilot run have been priced at $469, and will be available exclusively from ColorDMD. We will provide further updates and product information in the upcoming weeks.

Added over 6 years ago: This is quoted ColorDMD. First line is from me.

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

ColorDMD! It’s here. So glad I held off getting anything else.
ColorDMD X-LED Preview!
ColorDMD is excited to preview the new ColorDMD X-LED this week at the Texas Pinball Festival!
The X-LED is designed to extend full multicolor support to 192x64 DMD games including Baywatch, Frankenstein, Batman Forever, and Maverick. The X-LED utilizes the same ColorDMD Chroma controller board used in current LED products, and leverages ColorDMD's extensive colorization technology for a complete, large-format, full-color experience.
The TPF preview will appear at the ColorDMD booth, and feature Eric Priepke's astounding work on BAYWATCH! Baywatch is an iconic game that includes challenging full-motion video, video modes, and dynamic animation sequences that change based on gameplay. Eric has colored them all, and it's like nothing you've seen! If you're a fan of large format DMD games, this is an exciting preview you won't want to miss.
ColorDMD extends our sincere thanks to Mark Brown for sharing his game at TPF!
A limited pilot run of X-LED displays is in production now, targeting Spring 2018 release. On release, ColorDMD X-LED will support for both the Baywatch and SIGMA (single-color) ROMs. The SIGMA ROM allows custom selection from 97 different static colors, and also supports dynamic color variation using an external RGB controller.
Displays from the pilot run have been priced at $469, and will be available exclusively from ColorDMD. We will provide further updates and product information in the upcoming weeks.

yeah! Don't know if I can chew $470 though. I'm sure some other baywatch lovers will not mind the price though for a good quality product.

#1995 6 years ago

I am not spending $500 on a colordmd. $420 was really pushing it, another $80 is a deal breaker.

#1996 6 years ago

I'm very excited for the ColorDMD, but that's a heck of a lot of money to spend on an upgrade for a $2,000 game.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm very excited for the ColorDMD, but that's a heck of a lot of money to spend on an upgrade for a $2,000 game.

...that can only be swapped into a handful of other $2000 games.

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Fuck that. I am not spending $500 on a colordmd. $420 was really pushing it, another $80 is a deal breaker.

Quoted from gweempose:

I am curious if that is the final price or just for the initial run?

I will say that since replacement DMDs are similar cost (if available), I am stoked to know that color can be had for the same price.

Also I think the first early adopters could easily sell their large format original DMD (assuming good and bright) fro $350 or more to save on the cost of color.

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am curious if that is the final price or just for the initial run?
I will say that since replacement DMDs are similar cost (if available), I am stoked to know that color can be had for the same price.
Also I think the first early adopters could easily sell their large format original DMD (assuming good and bright) fro $350 or more to save on the cost of color.

True there is money to be recouped selling your old display....but $350 ??... if I was thinking of spending $350 for a used old original - which lets face it could start flaking out anytime - I'd probably find the extra for a brand new ColorDMD.

#2000 6 years ago

You gotta admit. This looks beautiful...

92B3E56B-E481-4A6B-A8DA-6E625C0FB103 (resized).png92B3E56B-E481-4A6B-A8DA-6E625C0FB103 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/40?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.