IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 103.
#1901 6 years ago

Drove over 450 miles with my better half hawkeyexx to buy Baywatch from @pinballt.

AC2A2D1F-AF0E-4BD2-8346-F69A744A8F42 (resized).jpegAC2A2D1F-AF0E-4BD2-8346-F69A744A8F42 (resized).jpeg

C32CE410-C473-48B7-8F8C-98C319C1DBD4 (resized).jpegC32CE410-C473-48B7-8F8C-98C319C1DBD4 (resized).jpeg

#1902 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You need to grasp it tightly and pull gently until in comes out. It is similar to most other cabinet button light sockets.

Yep. If it hasn't been removed in a while, it may take quite a bit of force, but you just pull it straight back and it will pop off. Once removed, you may want to consider replacing the bulb with an LED. If you do so, however, you will want to use one without a dome. You will also probably have to file down the sides of the LED with a Dremel in order to get it to fit.

#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yep. If it hasn't been removed in a while, it may take quite a bit of force, but you just pull it straight back and it will pop off. Once removed, you may want to consider replacing the bulb with an LED. If you do so, however, you will want to use one without a dome. You will also probably have to file down the sides of the LED with a Dremel in order to get it to fit.

Or just buy a LED from cointaker specifically for buttons
https://cointaker.com/products/555-button

#1904 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I took a Comet LED and used my diagonal pliers to trim off the sides to make it fit.

#1905 6 years ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Drove over 450 miles with my better half hawkeyexx to buy Baywatch from pinballt.

We made it home safe after a 900 mile trip! We hit snow fall in Connecticut. Now I will need someone to help unload the pin....

#1906 6 years ago

Frig, I ordered the wrong one once already last year.... Anyone know the correct coin door lock to buy for Sega door/Baywatch?

#1907 6 years ago

In game play is there any advantage to hit the left loop after you light it in the in lane ? Mine opens the top right gate and the ball goes all the way around so you can us the shark flip . Doesn't seam to add points - any other advantage I'm missing ?

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

We made it home safe after a 900 mile trip! We hit snow fall in Connecticut. Now I will need someone to help unload the pin....

Heck of a drive but time spent with your family and pickup a pin is a win win.
Enjoy your bw,fun game to mod with silly figures,really love the jumping Dolphins,shaker is also out there if you like.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Enjoy your bw,fun game to mod with silly figures,really love the jumping Dolphins,shaker is also out there if you like.

I'm down to my last shaker motor kit if anyone wants it. I will not be making more after this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56681

#1910 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I never have played this pin until we purchased it. The wife and I have enjoyed playing it with ChadH code.

#1911 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I'm down to my last shaker motor kit if anyone wants it. I will not be making more after this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56681

Someone needs to jump on this ASAP. This shaker kit really adds to Baywatch.

#1912 6 years ago

I'll take the shaker kit!

#1913 6 years ago

Trying again please.... Anyone know which door lock mech to buy for Baywatch?? I bought the wrong one once and tonight tried moving my Fish Tales lock over as a test, still isn't correct. Help
I have a cart filling up on Marco and need to process soon.

Thanks in advance!

#1914 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Trying again please.... Anyone know which door lock mech to buy for Baywatch?? I bought the wrong one once and tonight tried moving my Fish Tales lock over as a test, still isn't correct. Help
I have a cart filling up on Marco and need to process soon.
Thanks in advance!

Coin door? I love these:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKTL7078

#1915 6 years ago

yup. no keys is the way to go for huo

#1916 6 years ago

I'm sure this question has been asked before but my ball is hitting something on the launch ramp behind the guard tower It does not do it all the time.....

#1917 6 years ago

Is it on the ball launch at the start of a new ball? Mine was just tapping the wireform above the launch wireform. I had to lower it a hair and ball rolled through smooth after.

#1918 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is it on the ball launch at the start of a new ball? Mine was just tapping the wireform above the launch wireform. I had to lower it a hair and ball rolled through smooth after.

Yes it's on the start of a new ball. I can't see what the ball is hitting because it's behind the guard tower

#1919 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If anyone needs awesome quality new repro baywatch (or any other SEGA) plastics, just PM me! I can get the complete set!

Finally caught up with all the PM's... 2 complete sets already on the way!

#1920 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Yes it's on the start of a new ball. I can't see what the ball is hitting because it's behind the guard tower

It's probably just catching the other wire form that's right there, raise one a hair or lower one a hair and see what happens.

#1921 6 years ago

Is there any information on the number of baywatch machines produced?

#1922 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Is there any information on the number of baywatch machines produced?

No, Stern, Sega has not publicly stated the number of machines produced ever I believe.

#1924 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

No, Stern, Data East, Sega has not publicly stated the number of machines produced ever I believe.

There are confirmed numbers for Data East machines. See ipdb entries for Tommy, Jurassic Park etc ....

But yeah no confirmed numbers on Sega games.

Based purely on how often I see Baywatch come up (in the UK at least) I'd say similar to Tommy, maybe more often ? ...So my guess is 4500/5000 ish ???

#1925 6 years ago

I would say something around 3-4000. It's a pretty common game but there aren't that many circulating. People who buy it tend to enjoy it. It's good!

#1926 6 years ago

I own baywatch and always look to see what my machines are selling for. Saw a sale on eBay for one and the guy listed it as “rare”. His “rare” comment made me curious and I went out to see how many were produced and could not find anything. Would agree with the comments that over a couple thousand for sure making it far from “rare”.

Sega Baywatch Pinball Machine -WORKING 100%! Pamela Anderson! Rare Game- Atlanta ebay.com link: 0

#1927 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Based purely on how often I see Baywatch come up (in the UK at least) I'd say similar to Tommy, maybe more often ? ...So my guess is 4500/5000 ish ???

3000 is the absolute top IMO.

Tommy was a hit when it came out and sold well, but the better data to look at are the Sega games selling before and after it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/sega/2

Apollo13 sold 2000, MSF sold 3000, BMF sold 2500.

Baywatch was extremely unpopular when it came out and I have been told by multiple operators from back in that era that BW was a poorly sold game (likely the worst of all the 1995 Sega titles).

I predict 1500 made based on all the info available.

#1928 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

3000 is the absolute top IMO.
Tommy was a hit when it came out and sold well, but the better data to look at are the Sega games selling before and after it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/sega/2
Apollo13 sold 2000, MSF sold 3000, BMF sold 2500.
Baywatch was extremely unpopular when it came out and I have been told by multiple operators from back in that era that BW was a poorly sold game (likely the worst of all the 1995 Sega titles).
I predict 1500 made based on all the info available.

If those Sega numbers are confirmed then yeah no reason to assume BW was much different.

#1929 6 years ago

Strange though, Baywatch was at its peak in 94-95. I guess Sega and pinball in general was not.

But yeah, 1500-2000 makes more sense now that you say it. You don't see them very often.

#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I own baywatch and always look to see what my machines are selling for. Saw a sale on eBay for one and the guy listed it as “rare”. His “rare” comment made me curious and I went out to see how many were produced and could not find anything.

Ever notice how every game on eBay is supposedly "rare"? It's so funny. It doesn't even matter what game it is ... "Addams Family Pinball Machine **ULTRA RARE** ... LMAO

#1931 6 years ago

It's an ebay listing. The only time you'll find more buzz words is at a used car lot.

#1932 6 years ago

Anyone have a spare 3-bank drop target plastic?

#1933 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ever notice how every game on eBay is supposedly "rare"? It's so funny. It doesn't even matter what game it is ... "Addams Family Pinball Machine **ULTRA RARE** ... LMAO

Agree .

Another way of looking at it though.....If they are selling to a non collector then most pins are pretty rare, outside of pinball circles where do you see these games these days ? I'm thinking of non pinheads reactions to my games over the years - its funny sometimes they have *no* concept of age/worth/rarity ...often they have never seen these things up close - ever

#1934 6 years ago
#1937 6 years ago

You guys are better than Google . I am using northerndude and gweempose as my new search engines

#1938 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Always struggle with where is overboard when it comes to mods. I see you have the cliffy’s protector. Was so happy when he made it!

#1939 6 years ago

Started full topside tear down for cleaning and conversion to LED's. I'm happy in how robust SEGA plastic ramps are. Much sturdier and thicker than ones i am use to seeing.

#1940 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody on the thread an actual fan of the show? Could use some help identifying where some of the video is sourced from

For any video you cannot find, replacing with any TNA video will do fine.

#1941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

For any video you cannot find, replacing with any TNA video will do fine.

Randy is some kind of Baywatch clip savant and found them all. So we're good.

#1942 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Randy is some kind of Baywatch clip savant and found them all. So we're good.

And I am helping to get a Baywatch to TPF.

#1943 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Started full topside tear down for cleaning and conversion to LED's. I'm happy in how robust SEGA plastic ramps are. Much sturdier and thicker than ones i am use to seeing.

Take care of them tho..I dont think reproductions exist.

#1944 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Take care of them tho..I dont think reproductions exist.

Bay Area amusements keeps a handful there, but not all, wouldn't be dumb to buy one of each

#1945 6 years ago

anyone else's larger wire guides (after the spinner etc) really rough gray metal wire? Its not worth the risk (to me at least) but I would love to pull them all out and tumble polish so they look like most other wire forms.

Also since I have the guard tower out, I am investigating why the trap door makes that loud buzzing sound while nothing else does. I have two idea as to why:
1. the trap door pops up and its a small metal tab on the right side of the ramp, maybe the tab should be covered in heat shrink or something.
2. secondly when the trap door is fully open and resting on that metal tab, the plunger has a fair about of slop. Most coils the plunger goes to a coil stop but the trap door coil does not, so I am thinking since the door cant move, and there is slop in the plunger assembly, it allows for the 60hz oscillation of the power going to it. I feel the best way to eliminate is is readjust the pawl (connected to the trap door shaft) so the slop is taken up when fully extended, putting COMPRESSION back onto that plunger assembly. This might make it a lot quieter.

I'll report back with my results too.

#1946 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

anyone else's larger wire guides (after the spinner etc) really rough gray metal wire? Its not worth the risk (to me at least) but I would love to pull them all out and tumble polish so they look like most other wire forms.
Also since I have the guard tower out, I am investigating why the trap door makes that loud buzzing sound while nothing else does. I have two idea as to why:
1. the trap door pops up and its a small metal tab on the right side of the ramp, maybe the tab should be covered in heat shrink or something.
2. secondly when the trap door is fully open and resting on that metal tab, the plunger has a fair about of slop. Most coils the plunger goes to a coil stop but the trap door coil does not, so I am thinking since the door cant move, and there is slop in the plunger assembly, it allows for the 60hz oscillation of the power going to it. I feel the best way to eliminate is is readjust the pawl (connected to the trap door shaft) so the slop is taken up when fully extended, putting COMPRESSION back onto that plunger assembly. This might make it a lot quieter.

My wire guides were like that as well. I took a dremel and buffer wheel with some Mothers Mag polish, and brought them back to smooth.

#1947 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

My wire guides were like that as well. I took a dremel and buffer wheel with some Mothers Mag polish, and brought them back to smooth.

while still installed on the pf?

#1948 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Please report back what you find. I posted a similar thing a while ago, but didn't have any real solutions. I tried to replace it with a new coil, but that didn't work. I also put some target foam under the metal tab to try to absorb some of that vibration...that helped only a little bit. It doesn't bother me too much when there are other things going on; it's pretty hard to hear, but when that's the only thing happening, it's pretty obvious. Seems like it's a common thing across most machines?

#1949 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Please report back what you find. I posted a similar thing a while ago, but didn't have any real solutions. I tried to replace it with a new coil, but that didn't work. I also put some target foam under the metal tab to try to absorb some of that vibration...that helped only a little bit. It doesn't bother me too much when there are other things going on; it's pretty hard to hear, but when that's the only thing happening, it's pretty obvious. Seems like it's a common thing across most machines?

I would put my eggs into the slop issue.

#1950 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

while still installed on the pf?

Yes. I have an adjustable speed Dremel and just took my time. You can place masking tape down on the PF for added security.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 259.00
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/39?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.