20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 103.
#1851 6 years ago

Anyone ever powder coat a BW or hook up an external sub ?

I may just go crazy here with this girl .

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I may just go crazy here with this girl .

I have an external sub connected to it. Pops, slings, and shark scoop are the most pronounced. Definitely worth it. Quite punchy.

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I think I'm going to powdercoat mine red. I don't normally powdercoat games, but my legs and siderails are scuffed up pretty bad, so I might as well do something fun!

#1855 6 years ago

Why red? Go ocean blue or yellow.

#1856 6 years ago

Is there a shaker motor available that's plug n play? It's a bit lacking when going over from TFTC.

My Baywatch is turning heads and it's definitely the most popular game in my small collection. Friends with more expensive Williams titles want to trade but no dice. This one's staying.

There is definitely a surge in Baywatch popularity (and price). People realize its a damn good game. Theme integration is one of the best out there imo.

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Is there a shaker motor available that's plug n play? It's a bit lacking when going over from TFTC.
My Baywatch is turning heads and it's definitely the most popular game in my small collection. Friends with more expensive Williams titles want to trade but no dice. This one's staying.
There is definitely a surge in Baywatch popularity (and price). People realize its a damn good game. Theme integration is one of the best out there imo.

Yeah - I bought my shaker a year or so back from a guy here on pinside - I love it! - not specifically plug and play - but the instructions were pretty good.

Btw - is it just me or is everyone getting way more “Baywatch will be right back” ball saves on the right out lane with the new code? Seems like 90% Of my drains on the right Outlane are saved!

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-shaker-motor-kit-never-had-a-better-day-2

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Or just black. I don't think I've seen a BW with color powder coating that I liked. Yellow and red stand out WAY too much to me and you have to get the right shade of blue to look nice. But blue could look really good if you nail the color.

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have an external sub connected to it. Pops, slings, and shark scoop are the most pronounced. Definitely worth it. Quite punchy.

Did you just solder leads from the existing sub (putting your external system in parallel with sub in cab) or did you remove internal sub and use leads solely for external system.

I remember seeing s post about adding subs but can't seem to find it.

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Did you just solder leads from the existing sub (putting your external system in parallel with sub in cab) or did you remove internal sub and use leads solely for external system.
I remember seeing s post about adding subs but can't seem to find it.

I just soldered (or you can use alligator clips) on to the leads of the existing cabinet speaker and wired it to the speaker inputs into the sub. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

#1862 6 years ago

A friend of mine is having a flipper-issue with this Baywatch. Both right flippers (up and down) get stuck up as soon as they are used. Shutting the game of makes them fall down. Using the left flipper also make the right flippers go down.
Thats all the info I got right now.

No work has been done on the machine. It has been moved to another room in the house though.

What could cause this?

#1863 6 years ago

Intermittent behavior sounds like a failing diode. From http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#flip0

"Flipper Gets Stuck in the Up Position...
Before proceeding with repair, first determine if the stuck flipper is a mechanical or electrical problem. If the flipper is stuck in the "up" position, turn the game off. Does the flipper return to its normal "down" position? If so, the problem is electrical. Otherwise if the flipper stays up even when the game is turned off, then the problem is mechanical.
Electrical: On Deger (Playboy, Monday Night Football) and solidstate flipper games (Robocop and later), check the flipper coil diode. If the flipper coil diode is broken or shorted on, the flipper coil will stay energized after using it. Replace this diode with a new 1N4004 or 1N4007 diode. The counter EMF (Electro-Motive Force) produced by the magnetic field in the coil collapsing is a reverse polarity voltage. This reverse polarity voltage can cause damage to the flipper board. In most cases, it will gate the SCR (Silicon Controlled Rectifier) in the holding voltage circuit, causing the flipper to remain energized as if the player was holding the cabinet flipper button in. This was mentioned in service bulletin number 58."

Quoted from Benobutton:

Yeah - I bought my shaker a year or so back from a guy here on pinside - I love it! - not specifically plug and play - but the instructions were pretty good.
Btw - is it just me or is everyone getting way more “Baywatch will be right back” ball saves on the right out lane with the new code? Seems like 90% Of my drains on the right Outlane are saved!

Yes, there's A LOT of ball saving going on.

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Intermittent behavior sounds like a failing diode. From http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#flip0

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But that would mean a failing diode on both coils, or?

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think I'm going to powdercoat mine red. I don't normally powdercoat games, but my legs and siderails are scuffed up pretty bad, so I might as well do something fun!

Red was considered . I would like to see that .
I was thinking Coast Gaurd Orange , now that might be over the top but it could look really good .

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have a sub just sitting here just need to connect it

#1867 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I feel like there is already so much blue on the game. Red just seems like it would complement the playfield and cabinet artwork better.

#1868 6 years ago

Yellow!

Excellent combination!

sweden-flag-std_2 (resized).jpgsweden-flag-std_2 (resized).jpg

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I feel like there is already so much blue on the game. Red just seems like it would complement the playfield and cabinet artwork better.

Pics when it happens ...

#1870 6 years ago

This blue/yellow combo looks pretty good. If the blue was a little darker and matched the cabinet better I think I'd really like it.

baywatch powder (resized).jpgbaywatch powder (resized).jpg

#1871 6 years ago

I get a ton of ball saves happening on the right outlane. I mean during league it's a whole joke about how many balls each person plays. Anyone have an idea what is causing this? It's getting kinda ridiculous.

#1872 6 years ago

I've only seen ball saves out of the Shark Scoop if it drains within a certain time. I also only see ball saves after the initial launch, it's not very long.

Also not a huge fan of colored armor. I'd stick with black.

#1873 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I get a ton of ball saves happening on the right outlane. I mean during league it's a whole joke about how many balls each person plays. Anyone have an idea what is causing this? It's getting kinda ridiculous.

Listen (or look) to make sure it's not going into the subway return hole. You will hear it kick out to go back into the trough. I have mine set up at the standard level and a clean drain on the right can have enough force to roll its way up there. Also, if you know about it, you can also give it a bump to help it along to get a ball save. The players in your league may have realized this as well.

#1874 6 years ago

I've been noticing a lot of unexpected ball saves as well. Unfortunately, I have very little time on the normal code, so I don't know how it differs from Chad's in this regard.

Quoted from maffewl:

Listen (or look) to make sure it's not going into the subway return hole. You will hear it kick out to go back into the trough. I have mine set up at the standard level and a clean drain on the right can have enough force to roll its way up there. Also, if you know about it, you can also give it a bump to help it along to get a ball save. The players in your league may have realized this as well.

Interesting. It never even dawned on me that a drained ball could be saved in this way. I'll definitely pay closer attention from now on.

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've been noticing a lot of unexpected ball saves as well. Unfortunately, I have very little time on the normal code, so I don't know how it differs from Chad's in this regard.

Only changes to Ball Save in 4.01 were:

Start-Of-Ball Ball Save timer was increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Shark Scoop/Laser Kick Ball Save timer was increased from 2 to 3 seconds.

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Only changes to Ball Save in 4.01 were:

Start-Of-Ball Ball Save timer was increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Shark Scoop/Laser Kick Ball Save timer was increased from 2 to 3 seconds.

Thanks for the info, Chad! This makes me think that it really must be the ball hitting the subway switch as maffewl suggested. This seems like a design flaw, and there probably should have been some sort of one-way gate there.

#1877 6 years ago

Make sure the game is level from left to right. Mine is actually slightly higher on the left to prevent this.

#1878 6 years ago

Just arrived! Protective film still covering it

FE7A7CA3-64F4-45C4-B751-66B05E1B1D54 (resized).jpegFE7A7CA3-64F4-45C4-B751-66B05E1B1D54 (resized).jpeg

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Just arrived! Protective film still covering it ...

Is that NOS? Where did you buy it from?

#1882 6 years ago

Sorry but I think pinball.centers plastics are total shit. Hope this is better and it works out for you

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Sorry but I think pinball.centers plastics are total shit. Hope this is better and it works out for you

If anyone needs awesome quality new repro baywatch (or any other SEGA) plastics, just PM me! I can get the complete set!

#1884 6 years ago

Just arrived! Protective film still covering it.

Quoted from aerobert:

Sorry but I think pinball.centers plastics are total shit. Hope this is better and it works out for you.

So what's the verdict @northerndude? Is it a quality repro, or is it "shit"?

#1885 6 years ago

I just peeled both sides back a bit and it seems very good, great color, and it’s nice and thick. Quite pleased !

#1886 6 years ago

I just peeled both sides back a bit and it seems very good, great color, and it’s nice and thick. Quite pleased !

Great to hear! How are you planning on attaching it to the top of the game?

#1887 6 years ago

Yes, I do want to try to bother a pi sister or two that does have a topper topper a photo or two how it’s attached, but my first thought is two “L” brackets with 2 screw holes each. Pre drill topper and affix.

#1888 6 years ago

but my first thought is two “L” brackets with 2 screw holes each.

You are right, topper is riveted though.
Cheers

E00EDB6F-3D05-43A5-911D-B58883BC7884 (resized).jpegE00EDB6F-3D05-43A5-911D-B58883BC7884 (resized).jpeg

8DDF1985-ACEA-4B67-BA21-FB76B3BD797C (resized).jpeg8DDF1985-ACEA-4B67-BA21-FB76B3BD797C (resized).jpeg

#1889 6 years ago

Cool, I’ll probable do smaller carriage type bolt with a smooth finish.

#1890 6 years ago

yeah their plastic sets suck, wrong color, cheaply made, and don't match. I could see where a topper would be ok, but plastics are horrible. I ordered Robocop and flintstones. don't bother!

#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah their plastic sets suck, wrong color, cheaply made, and don't match. I could see where a topper would be ok, but plastics are horrible. I ordered Robocop and flintstones. don't bother!

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If anyone needs awesome quality new repro baywatch (or any other SEGA) plastics, just PM me! I can get the complete set!

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

You are right, topper is riveted though.
Cheers

THX for the pics!

#1893 6 years ago

Anybody on the thread an actual fan of the show? Could use some help identifying where some of the video is sourced from

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody on the thread an actual fan of the show? Could use some help identifying where some of the video is sourced from

I just ordered the first 9 seasons, it’ll take a while for me to watch through it but I’ve played the pin enough to know what frames/scenes to look for, for the ColorDMD. Can’t wait for the ColorDMD release!

#1895 6 years ago

Are the wireforms supposed to be silver or gold? Mine look silver (chrome) but the pictures of other machines look gold.

Thanks

John

#1896 6 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Are the wireforms supposed to be silver or gold? Mine look silver (chrome) but the pictures of other machines look gold.
Thanks
John

Gold, so likely the finish has worn off or whatever.

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Thanks
John

They are supposed to be gold. If the person who owned it before you tried to clean them with something like Mothers Mag polish, that takes the gold right off.

#1898 6 years ago

Can anybody tell me how to remove the launch ball light socket? My bulb us burnt and I tried twisting and pulling and could not get it off and did not want to risk breaking it.

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Can anybody tell me how to remove the launch ball light socket? My bulb us burnt and I tried twisting and pulling and could not get it off and did not want to risk breaking it.

You need to grasp it tightly and pull gently until in comes out. It is similar to most other cabinet button light sockets.

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Quoted from FatPanda:

You need to grasp it tightly and pull gently until in comes out. It is similar to most other cabinet button light sockets.

This. It's not like the twist lock button common in arcades. It sort of "clicks" in. Grab and pull gently, and give it a little wiggle as you pull.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.