IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 103.
#1801 6 years ago

I noticed a little hole today by the drop targets. Is there supposed to be a post there, and if so, what kind?

Mysterious Hole (resized).jpgMysterious Hole (resized).jpg

#1802 6 years ago

Probably a similar one as the top with red rubber? I don't have my machine in front of me. Do a google image search.

#1803 6 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I joined the club!!! I'm having so much fun with this game. When I bought it the owner said that the DMD stopped working a few months ago. When I got it home and plugged it in and turned it on the DMD fired right up. My wife and I were cheering and high fiveing. I did the service bulletin 106 and everything has been great. Its super cherry also. There's hardly a blemish anywhere. once I get the new Chad roms and tastefully LED it, it will be 10/10 example of this great shooter.

Congrats, it's a great game on its own.

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Had a drop target snap last Thursday right before league started. Must be reaching the lifespan on the factory targets. If someone wants to share the scan of those decals that would be swell.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/3#post-2132500

#1806 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Probably a similar one as the top with red rubber? I don't have my machine in front of me. Do a google image search.

I found a good photo of it in the Pinside archive. It looks like it's supposed to be a metal post with no rubber or sleeve on it. I'd be hesitant to put the post back in. The wood is very narrow there, and it's already starting to split a little on my game. You can even see it starting to split on the game in the photo. I wonder if someone who owned the machine before me purposely removed it because of this.

Baywatch drop targets.jpgBaywatch drop targets.jpg

#1807 6 years ago

Just screw it back in together with some wood bondo type like Plastic Padding wood filler. That area does not receive too heavy hits.

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Just screw it back in together with some wood bondo type like Plastic Padding wood filler. That area does not receive too heavy hits.

It seems like it could get bashed pretty hard by a direct hit from the upper flipper.

#1809 6 years ago

You could also try putting a narrow L shaped metal bracket there in between the targets. Drill a hole and fasten it to that nut under the wire. 1mm thickness should be enough. Put black target foam behind it to protect the plastic if the metal should ever bend too much, but I doubt it.

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Hmm, haven't noticed that - maybe hitting the 5th one is considered it's own "bonus" since you have started a mode at that point and will rack up greater points during the mode.
Last night I just realized that the helicopter rescue mode (the one where you are hitting the yellow targets to pull survivors away from the sinking ship) is not timed - I guess they give you a break because there are so many rescues you have to pull off to complete the mode.
Also, I finally figured out why someone's initials appear when you drop into the "Shark Hole" - this is the last person to have hit all the ramps during multiball and then hit the "Shark Jackpot" - I still haven't been able to complete the *second* Jackpot shot from the upper left flipper though...........
Some had commented on the width of the playfield, it is wider due to the fact that they used metal side rails and the ball travels over the pf which allowed them to utilize more of the right-hand side - excellent layout!!
-Nate

Helicopter mode is timed. When the boat sinks into the water.it ends.

#1811 6 years ago

Does anyone's (guard tower) trap door vibrate and buzz a lot when it opens? I thought I had a bad coil and replaced mine but the new coil still vibrates quite a bit, which causes the entire ramp to buzz.

#1812 6 years ago

Everything tight down there?

#1813 6 years ago

Here's a scan of my drop target decals if anyone needs them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvizqoihy3y2clz/Baywatch%20drop%20targets.jpg?dl=0

#1814 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can get new decals for the kickback targets?

#1815 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I bought my decal set for all the standups on eBay. They look great too.

#1816 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Everything tight down there?

Well, there is a screw missing from the coil bracket...I didn't have any on-hand. It's a super short pan screw with a lock washer. Any idea where I can find one? I doubt HD or ACE would have anything like that.

#1817 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Marcos has them in packs of 3.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5140-00

#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I doubt HD or ACE would have anything like that.

You may be right, but you also may be surprised. Can't hurt to check.

#1820 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Does anyone's (guard tower) trap door vibrate and buzz a lot when it opens? I thought I had a bad coil and replaced mine but the new coil still vibrates quite a bit, which causes the entire ramp to buzz.

Mine does too. Only coil/ feature that buzzes when active on the whole machine. I have not looked into it yet.

#1821 6 years ago

kinda crappy games and quality but you can see the most recent firmware and color files running on pin2dmdXL for Baywatch.

#1822 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

kinda crappy games and quality but you can see the most recent firmware and color files running on pin2dmdXL for Baywatch.
» YouTube video

Not bad, what needs fixing still if anything?

#1823 6 years ago

Several scenes still need to be colored. Coming along nicely though.

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Several scenes still need to be colored. Coming along nicely though.

Who’s doing the additional coloring?

#1825 6 years ago

Can't say for certain. Believe it's the work of several people.

#1826 6 years ago

This just showed up on ColorDMD’s Facebook page. Looks like we’ll be getting BW colorized from them sooner or later 63A1BF4D-D92F-4F1E-B43B-F220C40B6FF5 (resized).jpeg63A1BF4D-D92F-4F1E-B43B-F220C40B6FF5 (resized).jpeg

#1827 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This just showed up on ColorDMD’s Facebook page. Looks like we’ll be getting BW colorized from them sooner or later

That's awesome! I wonder if it's a teaser for BW specifically, or just the larger Sega DMD games in general? The only Sega game I've ever owned is BW. Do they all have that same Sonic animation?

#1828 6 years ago

Why do they need to "tease" support is coming. Tease about new game releases, don't tease about a new "platform" being supported. Just come out and say it will be supported and when.

#1829 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why do they need to "tease" support is coming. Tease about new game releases, don't tease about a new "platform" being supported. Just come out and say it will be supported and when.

Maybe because they don´t know when and want to prevent possible customers to jump on the pin2dmd train.

#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Maybe because they don´t know when and want to prevent possible customers to jump on the pin2dmd train.

I dont think they need to worry much about that...

Even that single teaser is enough for me to know where the clear winner will be. I am sorry, but ColorDMD is the tried and true option for DMD colorization. The platform is stable, easy to install, and frankly looks great!

Take a quick comparison of Godzilla on each colorization platform to see the obvious differences.

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

That thought did cross my mind.

#1832 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think they need to worry much about that...
Even that single teaser is enough for me to know where the clear winner will be. I am sorry, but ColorDMD is the tried and true option for DMD colorization. The platform is stable, easy to install, and frankly looks great!
Take a quick comparison of Godzilla on each colorization platform to see the obvious differences.

The true winner is the end user, because he has a choice. Everything else is personal taste.

#1833 6 years ago

If it is Baywatch then ColorDMD will get my $.

#1834 6 years ago

My 2 top left flashers do not work. Can anybody tell me if its wired correctly?

IMG_1312 (resized).JPGIMG_1312 (resized).JPG

#1835 6 years ago

Anyone looking to leave the club in driving distance of NJ, PM me.

Thanks,

Rob

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Missing the orange wire on the bottom connector maybe?

#1837 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's awesome! I wonder if it's a teaser for BW specifically, or just the larger Sega DMD games in general?

The beautiful coloured SEGA logo (above) was captioned as "Now that's a lot of dots!"... so I hope it's colored support coming for all four of the large LED games... but I am being totally selfish and want BW to be first.

#1838 6 years ago

Dust protection, now when’s that ColorDMD coming?
3FE06715-55C7-4334-8C82-7F8C970987D1 (resized).jpeg3FE06715-55C7-4334-8C82-7F8C970987D1 (resized).jpeg

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

The wires fell off the connector.

#1840 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

» YouTube video

Looks awesome

#1841 6 years ago

@chadh, since you bestowed it upon yourself to engrain hidden SOF reference in your 4.01 code, I present you a baywatch next to a swords of fury for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_7093 (resized).JPGIMG_7093 (resized).JPG

#1842 6 years ago

you mean a swords of fun?!

What's the reference?

#1843 6 years ago

Shark Jackpot award default initials are "SOF". I'm not good enough to have hit the multi ball jackpot yet to replace it with my initials .

Quoted from aerobert:you mean a swords of fun?!
What's the reference?

#1844 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Shark Jackpot award default initials are "SOF". I'm not good enough to have hit the multi ball jackpot yet to replace it with my initials .

what are the other default initials?

My game is currently busy elsewhere so I have not seen all the fun of the new code yet.

#1845 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are the other default initials?
My game is currently busy elsewhere so I have not seen all the fun of the new code yet.

HMJ is one of them. I just HAD to knock that one off as soon as i could I thought CNH was another one, presumably for Chad.

#1846 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

HMJ is one of them. I just HAD to knock that one off as soon as i could I thought CNH was another one, presumably for Chad.

lol, nice and Awesome!

Hopefully HMJ is 4th hstd so it can be the first to get knocked off

Remind me next time I am over to play your BW and put up a legit HSTD...

#1847 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

chadh, since you bestowed it upon yourself to engrain hidden SOF reference in your 4.01 code, I present you a baywatch next to a swords of fury for your viewing pleasure.

Beautiful!

#1848 6 years ago

This was just posted to ColorDMD’s Facebook page, can’t wait till Baywatch is colorized by them!

5D8EE924-14EC-406C-95B3-31C92F78BAB3 (resized).jpeg5D8EE924-14EC-406C-95B3-31C92F78BAB3 (resized).jpeg

#1849 6 years ago

What's the SOF reference? I noticed that on the Shark initials as well.

#1850 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

What's the SOF reference? I noticed that on the Shark initials as well.

Swords of Fury, why it’s there I don’t know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 259.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.