IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 103.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You're right. They aren't very long though so they wouldn't work for the side lighting along the length of the playfield. It doesn't appear there is any additional circuitry on them (at least from the online pictures). I left a message with them asking why they don't make them in 3-foot lengths.

3 foot lengths x 2 running on the GI string may be a little too much power draw.

#1702 6 years ago

Inspired by pmoc. Painting the guard shack seemed like a wonderfull idea.

20180107_175237 (resized).jpg20180107_175237 (resized).jpg

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

3 foot lengths x 2 running on the GI string may be a little too much power draw.

I'm pretty sure Pin Stadium lights tie directly into the GI string (somebody chime in who has them if that's incorrect).

#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I'm pretty sure Pin Stadium lights tie directly into the GI string (somebody chime in who has them if that's incorrect).

I was under the impression they are “triggered” by the GI but not powered by the GI

#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Also, your sound board is rebooting (sound board always says “Baywatch will be right back” upon boot up)

I am also experiencing this lately , with the game saying "baywatch will be right back" during game play and while in attract mode .
I have reseated the power Pin connector at the dmd and it will fix it for awhile .
Any ideas where else to look ?

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

ou're right. They aren't very long though so they wouldn't work for the side lighting along the length of the playfield. It doesn't appear there is any additional circuitry on them (at least from the online pictures). I left a message with them asking why they don't make them in 3-foot lengths.

Comet indicated to me that they sold 20-inch lengths of LED strip lights that hook up directly to 6 volt AC or DC lamp sockets. That's getting closer but still isn't quite long enough to run the entire length of the playfield. The interesting part is that indeed there isn't any special rectification circuitry built into these, so they are running on AC when they are hooked up to a GI socket. I guess they work satisfactorily under those conditions for this purpose, but LEDs are not really designed to do that, and Comet admits that they do have some high-frequency flicker which may bother some people. They intend on building future revisions of these with rectified circuitry. Here's a video that shows the drawbacks of AC on LED strips. If I were to rig this up on one of my machines, I would definitely put a $1 rectifier board on each LED string.

#1707 6 years ago

I think Baywatch works nicely with non-GI lighting strips - strips that are always on. The game just has so much flashing and blinking, that I think it's overkill for the stadium lighting to blink off and on with it.

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I think Baywatch works nicely with non-GI lighting strips - strips that are always on. The game just has so much flashing and blinking, that I think it's overkill for the stadium lighting to blink off and on with it.

EnerGI Maestro is your solution to this. I'm not a fan of pinstadium style lights. Play with the lights on in the room, or add a spotlight or two. Both simple, cheap, and easy solutions, imo.

I'm not sure what Chad's code does to lighting since I got the LED board prior to the code update, but it seems as though he removed a lot of the flashing.

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

EnerGI Maestro is your solution to this. I'm not a fan of pinstadium style lights. Play with the lights on in the room, or add a spotlight or two. Both simple, cheap, and easy solutions, imo.
I'm not sure what Chad's code does to lighting since I got the LED board prior to the code update, but it seems as though he removed a lot of the flashing.

I've added spotlights and small LED strips - but nothing gives an even, well lit playfield like stadium style. I don't mind the Baywatch flashing like some people do - what it doesn't need is more flashing lights though.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've added spotlights and small LED strips - but nothing gives an even, well lit playfield like stadium style. I don't mind the Baywatch flashing like some people do - what it doesn't need is more flashing lights though.

I have just one spotlight on the left sling, with Comet 2SMD natural white lights, Chad's code, and the EnerGI Maestro board, and it looks great to me! The full LED control and relay clicking elimination from the board is 100% worth it.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

EnerGI Maestro is your solution to this.

Or you could just tap into GI power between the x-former and the PS if you don't have EnerGI Maestro. The EnerGI Maestro is awesome BTW!

#1712 6 years ago

Great thread. I just ordered the new Roman.

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Definitely less G.I. Off/On flashing.

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I just ordered the new Roman.

Where can I get a new Roman? Mine are getting old. Lol you will be very happy.

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Where can I get a new Roman? Mine are getting old. Lol you will be very happy.

Gotta love spell correct, but yeah my Baywatch makes noodles.

#1716 6 years ago

With Chad's code and some tweaking of the settings, I've found the game to be much more fun and challenging. I set it so that every lock must be earned, and I also lowered the drop target timer all the way down to 15 seconds. With these settings, I often have games where I don't even start multiball.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With Chad's code and some tweaking of the settings, I've found the game to be much more fun and challenging. I set it so that every lock must be earned, and I also lowered the drop target timer all the way down to 15 seconds. With these settings, I often have games where I don't even start multiball.

Are you telling me you have disabled the ball locks after draining balls?

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

If I understand your question right, yes, there are no more "gimme" ball locks. you have to drop the bank of targets to light the locks, then shoot the tower.

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Quoted from FatPanda:

If I understand your question right, yes, there are no more "gimme" ball locks. you have to drop the bank of targets to light the locks, then shoot the tower.

Correct. With the way I have it set up, you have to earn every single lock by completing the drop target bank and then nailing the tower shot. This is only possible with Chad's code. With the stock code, it automatically lights the locks for you, whether you have earned them or not.

#1720 6 years ago

Thats so cool. I need to try that code someday. Somebody needs to modify the automatic multiball on ball 3 on data east WWE as well.

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Thats so cool. I need to try that code someday. Somebody needs to modify the automatic multiball on ball 3 on data east WWE as well.

Yeah, it's really annoying that all the DE games do that. Fortunately, Chad is slowly working his way through the Data East catalog. He's already done Tommy, TFTC, SW, JP and Hook.

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Set your machine to tournament rules in the settings and the third free multiball is gone with the dodo.

#1723 6 years ago

PIN2DMD-XL
Release for Baywatch!!!
Worlds first Colored DMD release for a Sega 192x64 size Game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-baywatch#post-4167889

credits.gifcredits.gif

bikini.gifbikini.gif

lifeguards.giflifeguards.gif

participate.gifparticipate.gif

highscore.gifhighscore.gif

score.gifscore.gif

sharkbite.gifsharkbite.gif

surfingsonic.gifsurfingsonic.gif

tidalwave.giftidalwave.gif

truck.giftruck.gif

#1724 6 years ago

Maybe I'll try selling my fully working Sega DMD to offset the cost of a sweet color display?

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Maybe I'll try selling my fully working Sega DMD to offset the cost of a sweet color display?

If you want replace your old plasma DMD, you may install my Multicolor DMDMK66 192x64.
Price only 265 euros + freight cost. Optional extras, preconfigured SD card +9 Euros, Amber filter +21 Euros.

1.- 100% Plug and play (check my second video, about the installation, very easy and fast).
2.- It does not need external power supply
3.- It does not need any special custom cable, connect directly to original connectors of pinball
4.- You do not need to pay extra licenses, money that you save.
5.- You do not need to request for a firmware activation and wait to receive it, connect DMDMK66 and it works immediately.
6.- Proffesional design, all in one big PCB board (check pictures attached)
7.- All updates for free from Github
8.- Easy configuration, all values stored in text file in micro SD card, you do not need to connect to PC computer and run special software.
9.- You do not need remove DMDMK66 from pinball to reconfigure or update, simply modify values in SD card or load new firmware also in SD card.
10.- The cheapest price and the best quality for a DMD Multicolor Led 192x64 SEGA compatible.
11.- As soon as the Magic Color Editor Tool software is available, all the games for DMDMK66 can be colored, frame by frame by animation, for an advanced coloration. I'm working on it now.

You may check positive feedback from Frankestein forum users, all satisfied with product and after sales service (ask to Sonic, Crash, mima...).

Github to download last firmware updates, and instructions.
https://github.com/pinballsp/DMDMK66/tree/master/192x64%20firmware

More details, pictures and videos, check my Facebook and Youtube channel.
https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp
https://www.youtube.com/user/PINBALLSP

Also you may check post about my DMDMK66 products in Pinside. I develop and manufacture for 128x32, 192x64 and 128x16.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dmdmk64-new-dmd-multicolor-by-pinballsp-is-on-the-way/page/14

Contact for questions or order; Email [email protected], Skype pinballsp, Whatsapp +34693344445, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

26220965_1603788126368084_1126040419540389235_o.jpg26220965_1603788126368084_1126040419540389235_o.jpg
21056012_1481818381898393_1956274723876146065_o.jpg21056012_1481818381898393_1956274723876146065_o.jpg
21125413_1481818375231727_6908646115032802986_o.jpg21125413_1481818375231727_6908646115032802986_o.jpg

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

If you want replace your old plasma DMD, you may install my Multicolor DMDMK66 192x64.

But no colorization!!!

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

sweet advertising post! Does your display have all the scenes colored (showing more than 3 colors + black at once) and have a full editor available today?
That whole video looks like a VGA pal applied to the dots, not really a colorization. You also misspelled professional in your #6 point.

I get you wanna push your product and that's fine but don't be so dismissive of the time and work I put into coloring the game and claim your product currently colors this game when it does not. It just applies a palette change which isn't the same thing, that's like putting a piece of red cellophane over a black and white TV and saying its in color.

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Set your machine to tournament rules in the settings and the third free multiball is gone with the dodo.

This method might get rid of the free multiball, but it also forces other changes like de-randomizing the 'Search and Rescue' awards. This is not ideal in a home environment.

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This method might get rid of the free multiball, but it also forces other changes like de-randomizing the 'Search and Rescue' awards. This is not ideal in a home environment.

I think he was referring to WWF Royal Rumble.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I think he was referring to WWF Royal Rumble.

Sorry. I got confused. This being a Baywatch thread and all ... Out of curiosity, does the tournament settings trick to get rid of the freebie multiball work on all DE/Sega games?

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sorry. I got confused. This being a Baywatch thread and all ... Out of curiosity, does the tournament settings trick to get rid of the freebie multiball work on all DE/Sega games?

Don't know about all of them... but it didn't work in the original Tommy, TFTC, Baywatch, or Jurassic Park.

#1732 6 years ago

I have an opportunity to purchase a Baywatch......is there anyone can tell me things I need to inspect before buying?

Thanks

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I have an opportunity to purchase a Baywatch......is there anyone can tell me things I need to inspect before buying?
Thanks

Hmmm...well, if it's dirty and needs a shop job, new rubber and want to replace normal bulbs with LEDs, that's a bit of work doing the tear down. It's fun work, but it does take a bit of time. I guess like any other game, go thru the diagnostics and check for switch and coil errors or issues. Lift the playfield and look for any cracks or breaks in the subway and check the flippers since there are 4 of them and rebuilding all is an expense.

When playing test games, hit both flippers at once a bunch of times during play and see if the game resets or anything like that. The DMD should be bright and crisp, if you see any fade or issues then that's a big expense to replace the DMD.

#1734 6 years ago

Hey guys
Is there a (5v?) power supply daughter board that can be attached to the sound board power supply to help my game from saying "Baywatch will be right back" all the time now ???

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hmmm...well, if it's dirty and needs a shop job, new rubber and want to replace normal bulbs with LEDs, that's a bit of work doing the tear down. It's fun work, but it does take a bit of time. I guess like any other game, go thru the diagnostics and check for switch and coil errors or issues. Lift the playfield and look for any cracks or breaks in the subway and check the flippers since there are 4 of them and rebuilding all is an expense.
When playing test games, hit both flippers at once a bunch of times during play and see if the game resets or anything like that. The DMD should be bright and crisp, if you see any fade or issues then that's a big expense to replace the DMD.

Thanks.....I will inspect all of that. They are asking 2100.00 . I just wanted to be sure if there was any stuff that has major issues with this pin

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This is Spot on
Baywatch is one of the hardest pins to shop and even just replace bulbs .
And definitely make sure the DMD is sharp and clear .
Also make sure the red subway ramp is not cracked at the top .

#1737 6 years ago

Also check the plastic above the drop targets, it's typically broken or removed. Also check the drop targets themselves, they typically crack as well.

#1738 6 years ago

Can you guys backhand the left ramp (guard tower)? My left flipper is just strong enough to backhand it for a lock, but there is no way I can backhand it hard enough to go all the way up and around. I'm just curious to know if my flipper is weak, or this is normal.

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Can you guys backhand the left ramp (guard tower)? My left flipper is just strong enough to backhand it for a lock, but there is no way I can backhand it hard enough to go all the way up and around. I'm just curious to know if my flipper is weak, or this is normal.

I am the same with mine. I think I made it all the way up the ramp twice in like 6 years backhanding it

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do it on mine all the time, matter of fact I saw my wife do it last night too. Might need a flipper rebuild if you can’t do it easily.

#1741 6 years ago

I can't do it on mine either although I can backhand to trap door pretty often. I hear G&R flipper coils make a huge difference but I have not personally upgraded.

#1742 6 years ago

I can only backhand a lock but not the ramp. It's a pretty steep ramp to begin with, so i wouldnt expect it to be a makeable shot as a backhand.

#1743 6 years ago

Yeah, can backhand locks all day long. Once in a while I can backhand the full ramp shot, but it's not like it flies over the top, just enough ooomph that it will get up and over. Can backhand a ball on the fly though of course since it has enough speed there.

#1744 6 years ago

I can backhand the lock without much effort. Backhanding the ramp requires a slight tap to get the ball to roll up the flipper a bit to hit a clean shot.

#1745 6 years ago

Cool. So it sounds like most people's flippers are similar to mine. The people who can easily backhand the full ramp shot most likely have recently rebuilt flippers, or possibly even upgraded coils.

#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Cool. So it sounds like most people's flippers are similar to mine. The people who can easily backhand the full ramp shot most likely have recently rebuilt flippers, or possibly even upgraded coils.

My flippers are freshly rebuilt and don't have the power to make a full left ramp backhand. I would also wonder what kind of coil is being used if you can do that.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My flippers are freshly rebuilt and don't have the power to make a full left ramp backhand. I would also wonder what kind of coil is being used if you can do that.

It also could be that some people's flippers are adjusted differently than others. If your flipper is sitting just a little higher at rest than it's supposed to be, it would make it much easier to backhand the ramp.

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It also could be that some people's flippers are adjusted differently than others. If your flipper is sitting just a little higher at rest than it's supposed to be, it would make it much easier to backhand the ramp.

"Supposed to be"... Here comes the inevitable "how do you set your flippers" conversation - in line with the lane guides, or the toothpick holes in the playfield. (The answer is obviously toothpick holes. )

#1749 6 years ago

Could also be how steep your game is too.

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

"Supposed to be"... Here comes the inevitable "how do you set your flippers" conversation - in line with the lane guides, or the toothpick holes in the playfield. (The answer is obviously toothpick holes. )

I'm not sure Baywatch has toothpick holes...

Toothpick holes first, then lane guides.

Quoted from PoMC:

Could also be how steep your game is too.

I had to set it at 6.5ish to get my skillshot to work about 75% of the time. I had it at 7.0 and it would not work 100% of the time. Any more shallow and it would start to play floaty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.