IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 103.
#1651 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Please help me settle a dispute. What is the Hoff saying at game start - "__________ coast guard station, we're in route"? Fill in the blank -3 people in my house are hearing it differently. Is it "Point bridge", "Corn bread", "Port beach", or none of the above?

My brother in law and I always have a chuckle saying its Woodbridge coast guard station ....... which is only funny to us because the inlaws live there and it is nowhere near the ocean . Its the little things in life

#1652 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Please help me settle a dispute. What is the Hoff saying at game start - "__________ coast guard station, we're in route"? Fill in the blank -3 people in my house are hearing it differently. Is it "Point bridge", "Corn bread", "Port beach", or none of the above?

Don't know but the show is set and filmed at Santa Monica beach. I think the official name is Santa Monica State Beach. Point beach could be something named in the show. Haven't seen it for 20 years. Did see the new movie though, surprisingly entertaining but stupid. Didn't take itself seriously which is good.

#1653 6 years ago

Here is an apron card (loosely based on the 1998 Playboy magazine cover). Print at full scale (5.5x3 inches).

Baywatch Apron.pdfBaywatch Apron.pdf

#1654 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

But this kit I want to be able to move to any other game by powering it from the service outlet.

Nice job on this kit. The only thing I would change is get rid of that wall wart (service outlet is always on even when the machine is off). You could use a DC-DC step-up transformer and clip it to any GI socket (still easily removable for transfer to another game). Also, bring the leadout wires to the back of the machine where they wouldn't be so visible.

#1655 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Donation made to Chad of all the earnings from Baywatch at Jerilee's Pub in Lafayette, Indiana in the month of December, thanks Chad for the great work!

Much appreciated!

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Nice job on this kit. The only thing I would change is get rid of that wall wart (service outlet is always on even when the machine is off). You could use a DC-DC step-up transformer and clip it to any GI socket (still easily removable for transfer to another game). Also, bring the leadout wires to the back of the machine where they wouldn't be so visible.

I want the wall warts so I can move this to another game whenever I want. I also power up my games using a power strip for every two pins. So these turn on and off with the game. With the wires up front I can also quickly and easily disconnect the power plug to remove them from the game when lifting the playfield. I have to conceal the wiring now, this was just play testing.

#1657 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I thought the GI was AC not DC. This is a good idea if it works except the led strips would strobe which would be super annoying.

#1658 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I want the wall warts so I can move this to another game whenever I want.

I understand what you're saying. Alligator clips can be removed just as easily.

#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I understand what you're saying. Alligator clips can be removed just as easily.

Oh for sure, I use clips on plenty of other lighting mods, like this same kit on Big Hurt. The way this is setup I can remove the kit just by opening the coin door and removing the glass, no need to lift the playfield. Not likely to remove it or move it to another game, but figured what the heck.

#1660 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I thought the GI was AC not DC. This is a good idea if it works except the led strips would strobe which would be super annoying.

Yep, you would need a bridge rectifier and the DC-DC transformer. About $8 worth of parts.

#1662 6 years ago

I’m hoping for some colorful news from abroad today.

#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’m hoping for some colorful news from abroad today.

What news is this woman going to tell you?

#1664 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What news is this woman going to tell you?

Perhaps that she's pregnant?

#1665 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Here's an even better solution for the side lighting. Use 5v LED light strips and then you just need the bridge rectifier to clip to a GI socket for power.

Here's a "dummy" question: How do you clip the rectifier board to a GI socket for power?? I don't ebay but is this the same thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Rectifier-Circuit-Converter-Electronic-Teaching/dp/B0756H8SHM/ref=sr_1_7

Thanks!

Nate

#1666 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Here's a "dummy" question: How do you clip the rectifier board to a GI socket for power?? I don't ebay but is this the same thing?
amazon.com link »
Thanks!
Nate

Not sure if that's the same thing, but it is a kit and not fully assembled if that matters to you.

#1667 6 years ago

I just bought 5 of these. No brainer at $1 each and free shipping.

ebay.com link: itm

#1668 6 years ago

amazon.com link »
Thanks!
Nate

Could try one of these - and a harness maybe, very inexpensive at Comet

http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-1-SMD-5050-FLEX-6-3V-QUICK-CONNECT-p/mtx1smdflex.htm

OR this

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/wirepack.htm

#1669 6 years ago

Thought I'd try my hand soldering it together.

I'm stoopid. So the quick connect wires would go into the AC "in" portion of the square Plug looking thing on the board with screw-down screws? (I snip off the little white clip so I have two wires).

So the power is coming from a GI socket (where the quick connect wires are hanging out) to the 'lil board............... Thanks guys.

-Nate

#1670 6 years ago

Yep, that's the same thing, but like PoMC says, why pay over $9 for one (unassembled) when you could buy one for $1 (assembled). It would be a nice simple project to practice your soldering skills though. Just find a GI lamp socket and clip a wire to each lead as shown in this picture. This one is nice because it has bare wires that daisy-chain to another lamp socket, but you can also clip directly to the lamp socket solder tabs if you like. Just make sure it is GI lamp (not a controlled lamp or flasher). Polarity doesn't matter on the input to the board (it is AC), but it will on the DC output to the LED string.

DSCN2491 (resized).JPGDSCN2491 (resized).JPG

#1671 6 years ago

Sudsy7 Thanks a lot. Learning and I finally got it.

Yep, $1 assembled beats unassembled but I don't ebay so will keep hunting.........of course, I need to rebuild my Meteor first and then start breaking down my Baywatch, oh, also install the new game code, oh and install my new Taxi ROM........... Geeez!!

#1673 6 years ago

northerndude, thanks for the link!

I'll shoot them some business.

-nate

#1674 6 years ago

Sudsy7 Thanks a lot. Learning and I finally got it.
Yep, $1 assembled beats unassembled but I don't ebay so will keep hunting.........of course, I need to rebuild my Meteor first and then start breaking down my Baywatch, oh, also install the new game code, oh and install my new Taxi ROM........... Geeez!!

I'll send you one of mine for the cost of shipping when I get them if you'd like. I don't need 5 of them, but couldn't resist at $1 each. heh

#1675 6 years ago

I installed LEDs in all the controlled sockets last night. Kind of a pain in the ass getting the subway off. There must have been at least twenty screws holding that sucker down. I'm very happy with the results, though. The game looks great. As usual, it was a 100% custom job. I simply looked at the various inserts and went with the LED I thought worked best. I used all non-ghosting LEDs from Comet. Most of them were either frosted or clear 1 SMD bulbs, with some flexible ones thrown in here and there. The only thing I'm not sure I'm happy with are the frosted green ones I used for the three lock lights. They are a bit brighter than I would like, but to my knowledge they are the dimmest non-ghosters available. I could go the LED OCD route, but I do not feel this game needs it.

I did some of the GI, but only the stuff that was easy to get to. I don't want to do the rest until I have new rubbers for the game. This will prevent me from having to take the playfield apart twice. I installed cool white frosted 1 SMD bulbs under the slings and inlane plastics, and I also added a spotlight over each sling. This lights up the playfield nicely. One downside to the brighter GI is that there is a distracting reflection of the lower playfield bulbs in the DMD. This probably wouldn't affect most people, but I am 6'3", so I have a higher vantage point.

Here's a couple photos that show the reflection in the DMD I'm talking about ...

P1080079 (resized).JPGP1080079 (resized).JPG
P1080077 (resized).JPGP1080077 (resized).JPG

#1676 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed LEDs in all the controlled sockets last night. Kind of a pain in the ass getting the subway off. There must have been at least twenty screws holding that sucker down. I'm very happy with the results, though. The game looks great. As usual, it was a 100% custom job. I simply looked at the various inserts and went with the LED I thought worked best. I used all non-ghosting LEDs from Comet. Most of them were either frosted or clear 1 SMD bulbs, with some flexible ones thrown in here and there. The only thing I'm not sure I'm happy with are the frosted green ones I used for the three lock lights. They are a bit brighter than I would like, but to my knowledge they are the dimmest non-ghosters available. I could go the LED OCD route, but I do not feel this game needs it.
I did some of the GI, but only the stuff that was easy to get to. I don't want to do the rest until I have new rubbers for the game. This will prevent me from having to take the playfield apart twice. I installed cool white frosted 1 SMD bulbs under the slings and inlane plastics, and I also added a spotlight over each sling. This lights up the playfield nicely. One downside to the brighter GI is that there is a distracting reflection of the lower playfield bulbs in the DMD. This probably wouldn't affect most people, but I am 6'3", so I have a higher vantage point.
Here's a couple photos that show the reflection in the DMD I'm talking about ...

For any GI that I didn't want to remove PF items, I just did the change from below, took out the screw, changed bulb, put 'er back.

#1677 6 years ago

I was able to get to all the insert lights without removing the subway.

#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

was able to get to all the insert lights without removing the subway.

How did you get to the ones by the left outlane? Both sockets are completely underneath the subway.

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

For any GI that I didn't want to remove PF items, I just did the change from below, took out the screw, changed bulb, put 'er back.

I wonder if your game was modified. All of my GI sockets are soldered and stapled to the playfield.

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wonder if your game was modified. All of my GI sockets are soldered and stapled to the playfield.

Well, damn, maybe it wasn't Baywatch I did that then, lol.

#1681 6 years ago

Well, damn, maybe it wasn't Baywatch I did that then, lol.

Baywatch is the first game I've owned where I couldn't easily access all the GI from underneath the playfield. It also happens to be the first Sega I've owned. I guess this was one way for them to cut costs. It's not that big of a deal, since I have to take off a bunch of stuff anyway when I swap out all the rubber with Titan silicone rings.

#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How did you get to the ones by the left outlane? Both sockets are completely underneath the subway.

As I recall, I was able to rotate the socket from underneath the subway. I will eventually remove that subway though to clean it. Its probably never been removed.

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

As I recall, I was able to rotate the socket from underneath the subway. I will eventually remove that subway though to clean it. Its probably never been removed.

It's not hard to remove. Just a heck of a lot of screws.

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

The subway is probably the last thing on the pin I have not thoroughly cleaned, The last remaining source of filth to create habitrails on my PF, I should remove and clean asap also.

I took apart everything under my apron last weekend and re-sleeved and repaired a broken diode and cleaned, HOLY was it filthy at the bottom of the ball trough.

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'll send you one of mine for the cost of shipping when I get them if you'd like. I don't need 5 of them, but couldn't resist at $1 each. heh

Sure, I'll PM you later on - thanks a lot!!

-Nate

#1686 6 years ago

Been having this resetting issue with Baywatch. I think it's narrowed down to cold solder joints on a connector(s) because after reseating the connectors on the power board the resets stopped for a handful of games and now have started to happen regularly again when coils are fired, primarily in the pops. I'll report back when I've removed the board and reflowed solder at the connectors. Also will test the BR that's on the board because that can also cause the issue. The game doesn't fully reset, but you see the CPU info appear and hear "Baywatch will be right back" when it happens.

Sometimes the music goes out and only the sound effects and callouts play for a while, which is actually kind of cool. I had a 2.6billion game with the music off and not pressuring me into making shots too fast.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0DjRwFjWB6FTxYz72

#1687 6 years ago

PoMC, I love your custom painted guard tower. Did you do that yourself?

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

PoMC, I love your custom painted guard tower. Did you do that yourself?

Yup, and it's even missing a piece of the railing and surfboard - need to hot glue it back on. I just used paint markers to color the rails and guard shack just like they actually look in LA.

#1689 6 years ago

Here's it before the railing came off.

Baywatch after new white LED srtips (resized).jpgBaywatch after new white LED srtips (resized).jpg

#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Been having this resetting issue with Baywatch. I think it's narrowed down to cold solder joints on a connector(s) because after reseating the connectors on the power board the resets stopped for a handful of games and now have started to happen regularly again when coils are fired, primarily in the pops. I'll report back when I've removed the board and reflowed solder at the connectors. Also will test the BR that's on the board because that can also cause the issue. The game doesn't fully reset, but you see the CPU info appear and hear "Baywatch will be right back" when it happens.
Sometimes the music goes out and only the sound effects and callouts play for a while, which is actually kind of cool. I had a 2.6billion game with the music off and not pressuring me into making shots too fast.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/0DjRwFjWB6FTxYz72

That’s not CPU info, that’s Display info. It appears that your Display is rebooting. Also, your sound board is rebooting (sound board always says “Baywatch will be right back” upon boot up)

Definately a power stability issue.

#1691 6 years ago

Anyone ever done this? From here:
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#reset

For additional reliability on games Laser War to Guns N Roses, it is a good idea to solder an 18 gauge wire from the "+" lead of bridge DB1 to the "+" lead of capacitor C4. Solder another 18 gauge wire from the "-" lead of the bridge DB1 (the lead diagonal to the bridge's "+" lead) to the "-" lead of capacitor C1. These added wires will help prevent future problems with cracked solder joints on the power supply board components.

The same treatment can also be done on the four games that use power supply #520-5047-03 (Maverick, Frankenstein, Baywatch, Batman Forever). But instead solder the 18 gauge wire from the "+" lead of bridge DB1 to the four "+" leads of capacitors C11 to C14 (daisy chain the wire). Solder another 18 gauge wire from the "-" lead of the bridge DB1 (the lead diagonal to the bridge's "+" lead) to the "-" lead of capacitors C11 to C14. This is a less important modification on this power supply, but is still a good idea.

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Here's an even better solution for the side lighting. Use 5v LED light strips and then you just need the bridge rectifier to clip to a GI socket for power.
ebay.com link » 5v 5050 60smd M Rgb Led Strip Light Bar Tv Back Lighting Kit Usb Remote Control
or
ebay.com link » 5v 1m 2m 3m 5m Usb 60led M Cable Power Led Strip Light Tape Warm Cool White
and
ebay.com link » 1n4007 Bridge Rectifier Ac To Dc Power Converter Full Wave Circuit Board Cb507

Here is even an easier solution. Straight 6V LED strips in different colours. Simply hook up/solder to GI socket. No bridge rectifier needed. Strips can be cut down to as few as 3 leds.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/00674-6v-leds-strip-5050

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Here is even an easier solution. Straight 6V LED strips in different colours. Simply hook up/solder to GI socket. No bridge rectifier needed. Strips can be cut down to as few as 3 leds.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/00674-6v-leds-strip-5050

First LED strips I've seen sold for A/C use. Wonder if they flicker? Let us know how they work.

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

First LED strips I've seen sold for A/C use. Wonder if they flicker? Let us know how they work.

Doesn’t Cometpinball sell led strips too that hook up to the GI?

Just checked and yes the do.

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I just got a few in a pack of bulbs i bought, they come with the adapters or the clips.

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I use their 5" and 3" LED strips when I need to get white GI light to a dark area. I have a few behind the guard tower to light up the ramps in that corner.

#1697 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I use their 5" and 3" LED strips when I need to get white GI light to a dark area. I have a few behind the guard tower to light up the ramps in that corner.

Nice idea, I might try that. I bought 4 of them, accidentally bought 3 of them blue when I only wanted 1 blue and 3 cool white. So now I might need to get creative somehow somewhere. The blue 3 led strip was for my WW

#1698 6 years ago

Nice idea, I might try that. I bought 4 of them, accidentally bought 3 of them blue when I only wanted 1 blue and 3 cool white. So now I might need to get creative somehow somewhere. The blue 3 led strip was for my WW

I used one of the blue strips I had for the Speedometer cluster mod I made for Mustang. I had to tape a few layers of copy paper to dim the LEDs down enough, but worked great.

20171121_143743 (resized).jpg20171121_143743 (resized).jpg

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

That’s not CPU info, that’s Display info. It appears that your Display is rebooting. Also, your sound board is rebooting (sound board always says “Baywatch will be right back” upon boot up)
Definately a power stability issue.

Just did some testing and the BR on the power board needs to be replacement and luckily I bought spares last time I had to replace one. I'll confirm with a multi-meter when I remove the power board. But I can tell by keeping my thumb pressed against the BR and after 15 seconds it's too hot to keep pressing. A working BR will stay cool and not even feel warm.

#1700 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You're right. They aren't very long though so they wouldn't work for the side lighting along the length of the playfield. It doesn't appear there is any additional circuitry on them (at least from the online pictures). I left a message with them asking why they don't make them in 3-foot lengths.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/34?hl=ieathands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.