IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 103.
#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Just played with Chad’s new code. MUCH better. I will have to play more to really get a feel of it. Liked how the game really doesn’t need EnerGI Maestro with the new code. But with that in mind does anyone have both the new code and EnerGI Maestro installed currently?

I have one but not installed. Might not need itbeith the new code.

#1552 6 years ago

So I'm new to Sega machines. Is it possible to modify the game to stereo? Or is everything just mono and I can daisy chain a second speaker to the first one, for two mono speakers?

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

So I'm new to Sega machines. Is it possible to modify the game to stereo?

I believe Baywatch (as well as other Sega/Data East games) is already stereo.

#1554 6 years ago

Doesn’t it say “bsmt 2000” Stereo system

#1555 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

I believe Baywatch (as well as other Sega/Data East games) is already stereo.

Baywatch is stereo.

#1556 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Just played with Chad’s new code. MUCH better. I will have to play more to really get a feel of it. Liked how the game really doesn’t need EnerGI Maestro with the new code. But with that in mind does anyone have both the new code and EnerGI Maestro installed currently?

Yes I have both on there. No issues that I've seen at this point.

#1557 6 years ago

Oh I never noticed.

I just assumed all Sega (not DE) are mono. When did they start to cheap out?

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Oh I never noticed.
I just assumed all Sega (not DE) are mono. When did they start to cheap out?

I thought Sega was DE...

#1559 6 years ago

Yes, they used to be name-wise. Same company of course, but I'm referring to the branded machines, not the company.
There is a breakpoint when they started using mono, and I thought it was when branding the games Sega, but it wasn't that simple.

#1560 6 years ago

From Wikipedia:
The BSMT2000 is an audio DSP created by Brian Schmidt for use in various pinball and video games (notably, the Data East pinball games, as well as its successors, Sega Pinball and Stern Pinball and the last Alvin G. pinball games).
The BSMT2000 was first used in 1991's Batman, and 2003's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is the last game to use the chip.

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yes, they used to be name-wise. Same company of course, but I'm referring to the branded machines, not the company.
There is a breakpoint when they started using mono, and I thought it was when branding the games Sega, but it wasn't that simple.

The Sega pins that use the Showcase-style backbox (SST, SWT, X Files etc) shipped with a single backbox speaker, so the game would only output in mono. They’re capable of Stereo with the board set they use, just shipped with a single speaker, hence mono sound in them

#1562 6 years ago

Thanks for clearing that out. What a cheap move.

#1563 6 years ago

I've got a lot more time in with the new code....... DAMN....... Not only am I super impressed, I'm super pleased. Thanks again ChadH for all your hard work.

#1564 6 years ago

I have have bought the rom programmer

ebay.com link: 711 53200 19255 0

and some spare 27C512 chips (28 pin).
I just need some advise on how to progress.
I have followed the Pinballcode.com instructions. Downloaded and extracted the original Baywatch rom and the patch.
It says:
3. Run Lunar IPS, click Apply IPS Patch and follow instructions. I assume I choose BAYWATCH-CPU-401-patch as the patch to apply. Nothing really happens when I do that? The only difference is that there is a heart visible before the file name. Is there anything else I have to do? I can not see any new file being created?
Sorry I have never done this before so not sure how it should be done.
What file do I burn onto the rom? Just the patch?
I would appreciate some help.

#1565 6 years ago

Check the thread back a few pages. Someone posted an excellent youtube video on how to.

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Check the thread back a few pages. Someone posted an excellent youtube video on how to.

Thanks I can't believe I did not see that! Perfect just what I was after.

#1567 6 years ago

Ordered my Cliffy hole protectors. On their way to me! Anyone else installed them yet?

352915C4-787E-424B-ACB7-08135C30DA0E (resized).jpeg352915C4-787E-424B-ACB7-08135C30DA0E (resized).jpeg

8B3FFD4C-B4BD-421C-9BEE-CD883439FB38 (resized).jpeg8B3FFD4C-B4BD-421C-9BEE-CD883439FB38 (resized).jpeg

084AD498-7C09-4CC8-B481-E0685DA81A97 (resized).jpeg084AD498-7C09-4CC8-B481-E0685DA81A97 (resized).jpeg

#1568 6 years ago

What's the cost for the set if you don't mind me asking? It's not on his website yet? And what are the two smaller pieces on the right for?

#1569 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What's the cost for the set if you don't mind me asking? It's not on his website yet? And what are the two smaller pieces on the right for?

Also want to order - what was total w/shipping??

-Nate

#1571 6 years ago

With the permission of Cliff, the set is $65 for all 4 pieces. Email him and he will send you an invoice

Baywatch-Earthquake-004 (resized).jpgBaywatch-Earthquake-004 (resized).jpg

Baywatch-EQ-Liner-001 (resized).jpgBaywatch-EQ-Liner-001 (resized).jpg

Baywatch-EQ-Liner-003 (resized).jpgBaywatch-EQ-Liner-003 (resized).jpg

Baywatch-shark-002 (resized).jpgBaywatch-shark-002 (resized).jpg

Baywatch-shark-003 (resized).jpgBaywatch-shark-003 (resized).jpg

#1572 6 years ago

Cliff is da-bomb! Can’t wait for these to show up!

#1573 6 years ago

Hello guys,

Please help...
Plater did a "great" job on big wireramp...
Is there any chance to buy this type of wireramp? Or any chance to restore the surface?

Thanks!

IMG-3cfe91b80fbf8cdd397ef1acc72da338-V (resized).jpgIMG-3cfe91b80fbf8cdd397ef1acc72da338-V (resized).jpg

IMG-0dcf6c4828cf3c6513e7ea587ccdf691-V (resized).jpgIMG-0dcf6c4828cf3c6513e7ea587ccdf691-V (resized).jpg

#1574 6 years ago

Wow....just wow. Is there any way to reverse the plating process? I'm no chemistry major (or minor...or chemistry anything.)

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Wow....just wow. Is there any way to reverse the plating process? I'm no chemistry major (or minor...or chemistry anything.)

He applied too agressive acid (or for too long or both) and damaged the original plating. The surface is like the surface of moon... Then he applied chrome finish.
He said he can't reach smooth surface from now.

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello guys,
Please help...
Plater did a "great" job on big wireramp...
Is there any chance to buy this type of wireramp? Or any chance to restore the surface?
Thanks!

Try Chris at hotrodarcade.com
He does all kinds of wire forms and an exchange program.

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Try Chris at hotrodarcade.com
He does all kinds of wire forms and an exchange program.

Thank you!

#1578 6 years ago

Anybody made or working on some NEW bitchin score/ instruction cards?

#1579 6 years ago

Just joined the club a few days ago. The game is working mostly fine, but the upper control gate seems to be sticking. In test mode it will work fine a couple times and then stick. If I gently touch it with my finger during the test, it will raise. I'm thinking it is either dirty or somehow binding. Do I have to remove all the ramps and plastics in the back right corner of the playfield to get to it?

#1580 6 years ago

I'm curious to know how the ball ejects from the shark hole on other people's games. On my game, it shoots out pretty hard and hits right between the two laser kick targets. Is it supposed to do this? It seems like this makes the game too easy because the kickback essentially gets re-lit every time you go in the shark hole.

#1581 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm curious to know how the ball ejects from the shark hole on other people's games. On my game, it shoots out pretty hard and hits right between the two laser kick targets. Is it supposed to do this? It seems like this makes the game too easy because the kickback essentially gets re-lit every time you go in the shark hole.

Mine is similar. I almost see it as a trick to re-lite the Kickback. But remember, each subsequent re-liting of the Kickback takes more shots so it isn't like every single Shark Scoop shot will re-lite the Kickback.

#1582 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just joined the club a few days ago. The game is working mostly fine, but the upper control gate seems to be sticking. In test mode it will work fine a couple times and then stick. If I gently touch it with my finger during the test, it will raise. I'm thinking it is either dirty or somehow binding. Do I have to remove all the ramps and plastics in the back right corner of the playfield to get to it?

I don't recall the particulars with how to access this coil / gate.

Make sure the arm that pulls the gate open has as much leverage as possible. You definitely want this gate to be responsive.

#1583 6 years ago

Donation sent to ChadH yesterday.

#1584 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I don't recall the particulars with how to access this coil / gate.

Make sure the arm that pulls the gate open has as much leverage as possible. You definitely want this gate to be responsive.

Thanks! I got it working. It turns out you can access the coil from under the playfield. You just have to remove two screws and the whole assembly pops right out through a small hole. It's a very simple mech. There isn't even a plunger. It's just a small coil which causes a hinged lever to come down when activated, which in turn opens the gate. I couldn't see any reason why mine wasn't working, so I reflowed the solder to the coil and diode. It must have been a cold solder joint, because it's working great now.

That's one thing down. Just a couple more to go. The kickback is flaky and weak, and the shooter lane switch doesn't register half the time. These should be easy fixes, and then my game will be fully up and running.

#1585 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The kickback is flaky and weak

Mine too, I’ve never delved into it but if you do find any fixes please post what you find.

#1586 6 years ago

Make sure the kickback is aligned properly so it hits the ball dead on.

Merry Christmas to all Baywatchers.

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

ust joined the club a few days ago.

Always happy to see new members in here! HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE. HOPE YOU HAVE "NEVER HAD A BETTER DAY."

#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Make sure the kickback is aligned properly so it hits the ball dead on.

Thanks! I played around with it for a bit last night, but I actually made it worse. I'll look at it again today when I get a chance. There isn't a lot of wiggle room with the coil/plunger, so I may try tweaking the switch so it activates a little later.

#1589 6 years ago

There's a household trick to jazz up the coil, or rather the plunger rod. Rub the rod all over with aluminum foil. It will feel like new.

Aluminum is normally not magnetic but there's other things at play with objects in movement and current called Lenz law.

#1590 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

There's a household trick to jazz up the coil, or rather the plunger rod. Rub the rod all over with aluminum foil. It will feel like new.

Aluminum is normally not magnetic but there's other things at play with objects in movement and current called Lenz law.

I wish I had read this before I just put the whole thing back together again.

I cleaned the plunger and coil sleeve really well, and slightly changed the alignment. It is working more consistently now, but it's still weaker than I would like. Is it fairly weak like this on most machines, or do some of you have kickbacks that fire the thing out of there like a cannon?

#1591 6 years ago

My hardware is kind of beat up, so I'm going to have everything powdercoated (legs, hinges, side rails and lockdown bar). I'm normally very conservative with stuff like this, but I think this game might be begging for something fun. What do you guys think would look best between red, yellow and white?

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I cleaned the plunger and coil sleeve really well, and slightly changed the alignment. It is working more consistently now, but it's still weaker than I would like. Is it fairly weak like this on most machines, or do some of you have kickbacks that fire the thing out of there like a cannon?

Mine fires it out weakly too. I kind of think it isn’t a cannon speed type of kickback. Any others want to chime in on kick out strength?

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My hardware is kind of beat up, so I'm going to have everything powdercoated (legs, hinges, side rails and lockdown bar). I'm normally very conservative with stuff like this, but I think this game might be begging for something fun. What do you guys think would look best between red, yellow and white?

Are you going to use a combination of all three colors? Could look cool...

I personally tried to make the wireforms dissappear on my game and went with blue. I think it helped them to not be so in your face.

#1594 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you going to use a combination of all three colors? Could look cool...

No. I plan on going all red, all yellow, or all white. I'm leaning towards red.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally tried to make the wireforms dissappear on my game and went with blue. I think it helped them to not be so in your face.

I wasn't planing on doing anything with the wireforms. They are in pretty good shape, and I like the brass look.

#1595 6 years ago

I found this laying at the bottom of my cabinet today? Is this part of the game, and if so, where does it go? It appears to be some kind of insulating sheet.

P1080063 (resized).JPGP1080063 (resized).JPG

#1596 6 years ago

I think it's used to "shield" wires on the left side of inside cab.

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine isnt too powerfull either. Sometimes it will launch the ball into the drop targets but mostly arcs the ball into the right outlane area.

#1598 6 years ago

Two questions ..hopefully somebody can help with. First is which display rom do I need to change ? One on left,right or both...
And anybody know where the flashers on the plastic box in the back get they're power from? Never did work. Check for loose wires on the connectors and the other flashlamps on that circuit.

Thanks

20171225_154609 (resized).jpg20171225_154609 (resized).jpg

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's one thing down. Just a couple more to go. The kickback is flaky and weak, and the shooter lane switch doesn't register half the time. These should be easy fixes, and then my game will be fully up and running.

Replace the shooter lane switch for sure. Had to do that on both my BWs. Also want to make sure all the trough switch arms are straight and registering properly.

#1600 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wasn't planing on doing anything with the wireforms. They are in pretty good shape, and I like the brass look

Good call. Any color other than brass looks pretty bad and a color actually draws your eyes to the wire forms and doesn't make them disappear at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/32?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.