By dnhayden

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,391 posts - Hot topic!
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 393 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2046245-o_19sh868tk1r6p1h3m1an2rc6ou6r-thumbnail-full (resized).jpg
baywatch alt translite (resized).jpg
29ea16bc31baf092495d6efecac5c0c536284672 (resized).jpg
20171122_154929 (resized).jpg
1680590B-C449-418E-A538-3CC7192CF09B (resized).jpeg
clipper pam (resized).JPG
hoff (resized).JPG
IMG_20171112_131436 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171112_131600 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171112_131510 (resized).jpg
7CD879FE-50BD-4C14-82CA-6E10A440EFA8 (resized).jpeg
0d24b4229347441b5908d5d76cd0c1350213caf7_jpeg (resized).jpg
1509229390300133668011 (resized).jpg
09D926FF-40F9-4FC8-879E-A99F6E03D48B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN2426 (resized).JPG

There are 1391 posts in topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 13 days ago

Has anyone installed that board that eliminates the clicking of the relays? If so, what board does that?

#1302 13 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Has anyone installed that board that eliminates the clicking of the relays? If so, what board does that?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east

#1304 13 days ago

Thanks, just got on the wait list for two of these. One for Baywatch and the other for TFTC.

#1305 13 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yep baywatch and WWFRR, totally worth it to not be blinded during multiballs for me

#1306 13 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Thanks, just got on the wait list for two of these. One for Baywatch and the other for TFTC.

Me to, just signed up.
Any know how much they are ?

#1307 13 days ago

My Baywatch came with that board, seems to work, but can't speak for how it was before.

#1308 13 days ago

I just jumped on waitlist also today. As far as i'm concerned this thing is basically unplayable with the lights in the room dim until I can get my hands on a board. The GI flashing is horrible.

#1309 13 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

The GI flashing is horrible.

"Help is on the way!"

I just looked into it and I think I have a solution to reduce the crazy flashing GI especially when it just flashes every second or two when multiball is ready and when multiball is active. GI will still flash during jackpots and other events... just won't constantly flash as you play multiball. Hopefully will be more bearable.

#1310 13 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

"Help is on the way!"
I just looked into it and I think I have a solution to reduce the crazy flashing GI especially when it just flashes every second or two when multiball is ready and when multiball is active. GI will still flash during jackpots and other events... just won't constantly flash as you play multiball. Hopefully will be more bearable.

Installed RC2 of the updated code today and it plays great!

#1311 12 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Installed RC2 of the updated code today and it plays great!

Release Candidate 2? Hmmm... must mean final release is coming really soon...

#1312 12 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

"Help is on the way!"

Don't foget, my game has that epilepsy preventer board installed

#1313 12 days ago

I'm am so excited for the new code. Chadh, how do people normally get your code onto chips for their games? Does someone provide this service of just providing the code on a rom that we can purchase?

#1314 12 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't foget, my game has that epilepsy preventer board installed

Yep. I've temporarily disconnected it to experience the full GI flashing craziness.

Quoted from Langless28:

how do people normally get your code onto chips for their games? Does someone provide this service of just providing the code on a rom that we can purchase?

Check here to see how the previous games are handled:
http://www.pinballcode.com/

#1315 10 days ago

Picked up a Baywatch today! Needs a full shop job but happy to have it in the house! Also can't wait for the Chad code and put my name on the waitlist for the GI smoother board!

#1316 10 days ago

I am going to wait and see what Chad H's code does for GI before I order a smoother. Also if you have not seen this it helps a lot with a first shop job of BW!

http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-how-to-tear-down-playfield.html?m=1

#1317 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Picked up a Baywatch today! Needs a full shop job but happy to have it in the house! Also can't wait for the Chad code and put my name on the waitlist for the GI smoother board!

Congrats dude! What left to make room for it?

I love bw! So much game for so little money. I always say it is like a superLE. So many great shots, modes, and multiballs. Plus boobs. Everyone loves boobs

#1318 10 days ago

To stop the gi from flashing just unplug (cn7) works with other data east/sega games as well,
Your welcome

7CD879FE-50BD-4C14-82CA-6E10A440EFA8 (resized).jpeg

#1319 10 days ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

To stop the gi from flashing just unplug (cn7) works with other data east/sega games as well,
Your welcome

Doing that leaves the GI on all the time.

There are times where you do want the GI to turn off for the added effect... like during the start of Multiball light show, during Video Modes, as bonus is displayed in between balls, during Match sequence or entering initials, etc. Also, the occasional OFF/ON flash is not bad during certain events for extra feedback.

I think the main complaint people have with Baywatch is the excessive flashing OFF/ON of the GI during certain events... especially during Multiball where it just constantly is quickly flashing OFF/ON on a short timer for no reason.

#1320 10 days ago

a while back i saw someone put a power resistor across the relay so that the LEDs just dim, not fully go out.

#1321 10 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congrats dude! What left to make room for it?
I love bw! So much game for so little money. I always say it is like a superLE. So many great shots, modes, and multiballs. Plus boobs. Everyone loves boobs

Nothing left, just had to do a little rearranging but as is, absolutely cannot fit anymore pins unless we switch rooms, which we've talked about

#1322 10 days ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I am going to wait and see what Chad H's code does for GI before I order a smoother. Also if you have not seen this it helps a lot with a first shop job of BW!
http://pinballnovice.blogspot.com/2014/12/baywatch-how-to-tear-down-playfield.html?m=1

I'm ok with getting the board. I would like the full control of the GI, since that was the absolute one thing I hated about DE games. Plus the relay clicking just sounds awful

#1323 10 days ago

So none of my skill shots get past the SPF lanes. I've cleaned and resleeved the launcher and everything is smooth. Several coils were replaced by the P.O., so I'll have to verify they are the correct ones; is there anything else I can check? I haven't checked for perfect level and pitch, but it's pretty good. Is 6.5-7 degrees necessary for the skill shot?

#1324 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So none of my skill shots get past the SPF lanes. I've cleaned and resleeved the launcher and everything is smooth. Several coils were replaced by the P.O., so I'll have to verify they are the correct ones; is there anything else I can check? I haven't checked for perfect level and pitch, but it's pretty good. Is 6.5-7 degrees necessary for the skill shot?

Is your upper right gate opening?

#1325 10 days ago

Two things to check. 1. How high is your nut ajusted on the wire form? This affects the balls trajectory. And 2. Make sure your metal tab rests on top of the gate relese. The first time I shopped my BW it was somehow underneith causing it never to raise.

#1326 10 days ago

IMG_20171112_131510 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171112_131600 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171112_131436 (resized).jpg

#1327 10 days ago

Thanks for the pointers! I'll check to make sure the gate is opening and assembled correctly.

#1328 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks for the pointers! I'll check to make sure the gate is opening and assembled correctly.

Also, if your Coil Power is set to High then that upper gate will never work correctly in CPU version 4.00.

#1329 10 days ago

Concerning the GI flashing OFF/ON...

The game flashes the GI a whole bunch of times in a row during certain events. GI will still flash for these events... just not nearly as much. Figure a 50% to 80% reduction for these events:
Ball Launch, Successful Skill Shot, Ball Lock, X Million Award, Swimmer Jackpot, Tourist Season Jackpot, Special, Replay, and Match.

The game constantly flashes the GI during Multiball Ready, Multiball (all stages), and Earthquake. This constant flashing will drive you crazy and is probably the reason why most people try to come up with a solution. This constant flashing (every one second?) has been completely removed.

In the end, the GI will still flash to punctuate certain events like most other pinball machines of its era, but the flashing has been greatly reduced.

#1330 10 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Also, if your Coil Power is set to High then that upper gate will never work correctly in CPU version 4.00.

Coil power is set to normal I think, and I'm on 3.0. Is there any reason to update to 4.0? I was going to wait until you finished coding, then using your ROM.

For the skill shot, the gate opens and closes correctly. The wireform could move back about another half inch, but it's pushed up against the backboard as far as it goes. I tried to play around with the wireform height, but there wasn't a a higher setting that made it better than it was a it's "snug" point. As it is set right now, the ball lands short of the gate and just hits a post

#1331 10 days ago

Set too steep of an angle? Sounds like ball is losing momentum after plunge. Mine shoots out into the inlane area pretty fast.

#1332 9 days ago

Mine did this for a while as well. Mine ended up being height of wire form but game angle could def cause it as well. My ball also enters the spf lane at a high speed (most times)

#1333 9 days ago

I'll check with a clinometer app. The game doesnt seem like it's playing incredibly fast, but I'll check it out. It seems like the ball doesnt accelerate fast enough out of the launcher to make it all the way around with certainty.

#1334 9 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll check with a clinometer app. The game doesnt seem like it's playing incredibly fast, but I'll check it out. It seems like the ball doesnt accelerate fast enough out of the launcher to make it all the way around with certainty.

A few things to check.

First, clean the launcher wireform. seriously, this can be very important.
Second, check the launch mech to make sure it is hitting the ball squarely and does not need to be replaced
Third, check the entry point and just watch the ball a bunch. ANy amount of rattle will slow down the ball. Slow or variable speed ball means less chance of making the current timing on the upper gates.
Fourth, are the gates up top working corretly?

#1335 9 days ago

The GI is fine. Some clicking is just part of it. I can’t imagine most people have a problem with it, some do apparently. Not worth spending time on IMO.

#1336 9 days ago

I like to play in darkness or with dim lights, and when all the lights flash off/on, it becomes pretty unbearable, so for me, it's definitely worth getting the board to smooth it out. Plus, with every flash, there's a click, and again, to me, it detracts from the game. I'm not sure why DE/Sega decided to do that, but I think it takes away more than it adds.

#1337 9 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I like to play in darkness or with dim lights, and when all the lights flash off/on, it becomes pretty unbearable, so for me, it's definitely worth getting the board to smooth it out. Plus, with every flash, there's a click, and again, to me, it detracts from the game. I'm not sure why DE/Sega decided to do that, but I think it takes away more than it adds.

Pretty sure someone mentioned on here that replacing the power driver board with a new Rottendog or XPin gets rid of the clicking relay. That would at least remove the clicking annoyance

#1338 8 days ago

Would it be worth updating to V4.00 or should I wait for the @chadh rom set? How long do you think it'll be?

#1339 8 days ago

There is 2 flashers underneath the speaker panel area on the right hand side. Any advice on how to change those bulbs?

#1340 8 days ago
Quoted from Don44:

There is 2 flashers underneath the speaker panel area on the right hand side. Any advice on how to change those bulbs?

There are 3 screws that hold that panel to back of the cabinet. Unscrew those 3 screws and you can pull that panel towards you to access the bulb holders. Then, feel around and unscrew one of the screws to release the bulb holder. there will be a nut that you'll have to get a hold of.

#1341 8 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How long do you think it'll be?

Hold off. Won’t be long.

#1342 8 days ago
Quoted from Don44:

There is 2 flashers underneath the speaker panel

You can also get to them by putting the head down without removing the plate. Kind of a pita but I've done it.

#1343 8 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Hold off. Won’t be long.

Awesome news! I don't have any way to burn roms. Is that a service you can offer as well?

#1344 8 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Awesome news! I don't have any way to burn roms. Is that a service you can offer as well?

I do not.

#1345 7 days ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The struggle to I’ve had is with the Shark Scoop microswitch. The switch works, it just seems to be very picky with its proper adjustment. Just when I think I have it perfect, the ball drops in the scoop and doesn’t register and I have to wait for ball search to kick in. Has anyone else struggled with this switch?

I found a fix for this! I realized that the VUK in the back (Earthquake shot) has the loop microswitch. So I moved that one to the Shark Scoop and moved the fork one in the Shark Scoop up to the VUK. Working perfectly now.

#1346 5 days ago

Spent a good 8 hours tearing down the topside and did natural white LEDs and Titan rubbers. Whew, that took some work! The blog on the topside teardown was SUPER helpful and took the guesswork out of what to remove in what order, so thank you for bringing that link to the front! I still have to work out the skill shot though. I didn't have the time or energy to make sure the wire form was setup perfectly with the launcher. Bottom side refresh coming this weekend, but man, it plays silky after a good cleaning and new rubbers, and the natural white LEDs really update it. Also got the EnerGI Maestro board installed and it is a must-have for any DE/Sega games! Thanks @caker137!

oh and btw, I really love this game. Maybe it's because I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it's just super fun, and people that think otherwise suck haha

#1347 5 days ago

Another thing that's kinda been bugging me. Are Comet LEDs too big to put into the Start, Launch, and League Play buttons? I've tried putting them in, but it seems like the rim of bulb is impeding the movement of the button.

#1348 5 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

oh and btw, I really love this game. Maybe it's because I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it's just super fun, and people that think otherwise suck haha

Hey, I have had my BW for a little over a year and I am loving it more right now than I ever have. It’s parked beside my Fish Tales and I head to my Baywatch twice as much to play!!

#1349 5 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Another thing that's kinda been bugging me. Are Comet LEDs too big to put into the Start, Launch, and League Play buttons? I've tried putting them in, but it seems like the rim of bulb is impeding the movement of the button.

Depending on the particular bulb and button, they can be. Try a few. then bust out the sand paper and hit the edge of the bulb.

Also, you are right that BW seriously rocks!

#1350 5 days ago

I

Quoted from Whysnow:
Depending on the particular bulb and button, they can be. Try a few. then bust out the sand paper and hit the edge of the bulb.
Also, you are right that BW seriously rocks!

I'm using 2 SMDs. I even tried a flex bulb because I thought the dome was causing the issues, but yeah, I might have to spend some time to get the edges of the bulbs with sand paper.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 60.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 15.00
€ 379.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenville, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
There are 1391 posts in topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside