20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.
#1202 6 years ago

I would love to beta test. Can someone point me in the direction of the rom burner or tools required to do it?

#1203 6 years ago

Hey Baywatch Fans. Over the weekend I had a chance to test a new version of the pinduino that works on Data East/Sega Version 3 board sets and develop some code for Baywatch. This is the alpha version of the code which is driving a set of addressable LEDs across the back top of the playfield and in the ball trough. I'm thinking of adding another strip of LEDs to the right ramp to create some lighting and chase effects. Here is a video:

Feedback is appreciated as I continue to refine the code. Also, in the video, you'll hear my mom and I chatting back and forth. Since you may wonder about that, she has Alzheimer's and I was really happy to get her engaged and "help" with making the video.

#1204 6 years ago

Absolutely Love the Video and Mom !

A big thank you to Professor Pinball, because that's actually my Baywatch i picked up about 4 months ago.
Full shop , full leds and now his killer Pinduino lighting system.
Oh baby can't wait to get it home .

#1205 6 years ago

That looks great!

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Absolutely Love the Video and Mom !
A big thank you to Professor Pinball, because that's actually my Baywatch i picked up about 4 months ago.
Full shop , full leds and now his killer Pinduino lighting system.
Oh baby can't wait to get it home .

Hey GolfingDad1 -- your game is awesome (one of the best BW I've seen) and thanks for letting me use it to test the pinduino for Sega System 3.

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Hey GolfingDad1 -- your game is awesome (one of the best BW I've seen) and thanks for letting me use it to test the pinduino for Sega System 3.

Any time Professor !

#1209 6 years ago

Baywatch before Pin Stadium is turned on:

Pin Stadium turned on with UV flasher connected to one under the left ramp. Way too much crazy flashing using this flasher!

Pin Stadium on with the UV flasher connected to the shark flipper flasher. Much better, but still some crazy flashing during a few sequences, but not crazy during gameplay.

My wife playing a game:

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Baywatch before Pin Stadium is turned on

Shouldn't those LITE LOCK flag inserts on the playfield be green? I think green is the common "lock" color in pinball. Or maybe your video is just making them look blue.

#1211 6 years ago

No, those are blue LEDs in those inserts. Looking closely I can see the inserts are green - must've mistakenly put blues in there when I shopped the game out. Thanks for spotting that because I typically hate blue inserts.

#1212 6 years ago

If your machine was like mine, a nice solid shot to the left orbit for Squid Pops would end up bouncing off the gate flapper and coming right back down the left orbit resulting in no Squid Pops or turbo bumper value advancement. You can fix that problem by mounting a cabinet door bumper on the outboard edge of the gate flapper. It absorbs the kinetic energy and redirects the ball into the SPF lanes. Works 100% of the time and does not affect function of the gate to open.

DSCN2419 (resized).JPGDSCN2419 (resized).JPG

DSCN2420 (resized).JPGDSCN2420 (resized).JPG

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Baywatch before Pin Stadium is turned on:
» YouTube video
Pin Stadium turned on with UV flasher connected to one under the left ramp. Way too much crazy flashing using this flasher!
» YouTube video
Pin Stadium on with the UV flasher connected to the shark flipper flasher. Much better, but still some crazy flashing during a few sequences, but not crazy during gameplay.
» YouTube video
My wife playing a game:
» YouTube video

Wow amazing. Is pinstadium difficult to install.?

#1214 6 years ago

I will have this game one day. I *will*. It is decreed.

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Wow amazing. Is pinstadium difficult to install.?

Nope, very very easy. My Mustang now looks dark compared to Baywatch and that was my brightest game!

#1216 6 years ago

We're all pushing for you wasp

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

We're all pushing for you wasp

<3

#1218 6 years ago

Update to the pinduino for Baywatch! Added in addressable LEDs to the right ramp. Kept the colors blue-white to mimic breaking waves. I really like how it came out.

Listed in my Pinside Shop for anyone interested in a Plug and Play (or PM me if you want to build your own): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01342-pinduino-baywatch

Code is open source and easily modified: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Sega-Baywatch

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Update to the pinduino for Baywatch! Added in addressable LEDs to the right ramp. Kept the colors blue-white to mimic breaking waves. I really like how it came out. » YouTube video
Listed in my Pinside Shop for anyone interested in a Plug and Play (or PM me if you want to build your own): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01342-pinduino-baywatch
Code is open source and easily modified: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Sega-Baywatch

Very slick looking with the fun lighting effects. Does the kit come with everything you need to install it?? Can you post pics of the kit in your ad...that would be helpful as to what it all entails to set it up.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Very slick looking with the fun lighting effects. Does the kit come with everything you need to install it?? Can you post pics of the kit in your ad...that would be helpful as to what it all entails to set it up.

The kit will come with everything you need. I haven't written up the install directions yet, but will get those together today and post them here and on the product page for the kit.

#1222 6 years ago

The forward mounting flange of the red plastic subway (under the lifeguard tower) gets high stress from impact of high-speed balls. The flange on mine was cracked and isolated from the subway, and no longer provided any support. I suspect this condition may exist on most Baywatch machines. Using acrylic glue or a plastic weld solvent would be futile - it would break again in no time. I fixed mine by making a simple metal reinforcement bracket and used epoxy (JB Weld) to attach it, along with the 2 broken plastic pieces, back onto to the subway. I also epoxied a small steel pin along the outside fillet for added reinforcement. Due to it's location, the repair, which doesn't look terrible anyway, isn't visible even with the playfield in the vertical position. One thing is certain, it will never break again.Inside (resized).JPGInside (resized).JPGOutside (resized).JPGOutside (resized).JPGInstalled (resized).JPGInstalled (resized).JPG

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The forward mounting flange of the red plastic subway (under the lifeguard tower) gets high stress from impact of high-speed balls. The flange on mine was cracked and isolated from the subway, and no longer provided any support. I suspect this condition may exist on most Baywatch machines. Using acrylic glue or a plastic weld solvent would be futile - it would break again in no time. I fixed mine by making a simple metal reinforcement bracket and used epoxy (JB Weld) to attach it, along with the 2 broken plastic pieces, back onto to the subway. I also epoxied a small steel pin along the outside fillet for added reinforcement. Due to it's location, the repair, which doesn't look terrible anyway, isn't visible even with the playfield in the vertical position. One thing is certain, it will never break again.

Looks good! I made a strap to support mine, shown in post 493. Haven't had any issues since.

#1224 6 years ago

Oh yeah, the subway is cracked on almost everyone's game - and if it isn't you should probably re-inforce it now. I also made a strap for mine to support it against the pf.

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The forward mounting flange of the red plastic subway (under the lifeguard tower) gets high stress from impact of high-speed balls. The flange on mine was cracked and isolated from the subway, and no longer provided any support. I suspect this condition may exist on most Baywatch machines. Using acrylic glue or a plastic weld solvent would be futile - it would break again in no time. I fixed mine by making a simple metal reinforcement bracket and used epoxy (JB Weld) to attach it, along with the 2 broken plastic pieces, back onto to the subway. I also epoxied a small steel pin along the outside fillet for added reinforcement. Due to it's location, the repair, which doesn't look terrible anyway, isn't visible even with the playfield in the vertical position. One thing is certain, it will never break again.

I would purchase one of these if you want to make extras.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would purchase one of these if you want to make extras.

If I had known there would be interest for this bracket, I would have at least made a drawing while I had mine out of the machine and provided it to everyone. It's pretty easy though to take a few measurements off your own subway and make one. You just need basic tools (metal snips, pliers, vise, drill) and a piece of scrap sheet metal to make one. If I had the time I would make some more - perhaps there is someone else on this thread willing to step up and make some?

#1229 6 years ago

Yep, doesn’t look really that involved. Sheet metal, tin snips, drill. Also epoxy if needed.

#1230 6 years ago

seems like an ideal addon for cliffy if someone wanted to loan him a good example.

#1231 6 years ago

Now I'm parnoid my subway is broken, and it's a two hour drive away to look at it! ... but I'd buy a Cliffy for sure, looks like it could just be a protective metal scoop that sat inside the subway, and maybe a support strap to hold the broken plastic. ... or maybe just mold a ramp and stamp a repro from metal!

#1232 6 years ago

I'm def gonna fabricate one when I get home. I know mine is broke and glued together and I haven't checked on it since I glued it last year as I have not had any issues but that's a good idea to reinforce it.

#1233 6 years ago

I have not torn apart mine to see exactly how the ball interacts with the subway but wouldn't some nice foam padding/silicone sheet also fix this? to absorb any impact by the ball on the inside of the subway?

#1234 6 years ago

Looks like it's casual Friday at the lifeguard tower again - hope nobody needs any help today. Not a problem if its overcast - just activate the built-in Baywatch UV tanning lamps.
C.J., please!
DSCN2428 (resized).JPGDSCN2428 (resized).JPGDSCN2423 (resized).JPGDSCN2423 (resized).JPGDSCN2426 (resized).JPGDSCN2426 (resized).JPG

#1235 6 years ago

hahahaha

#1236 6 years ago

Here's a sneak preview of a minor adjustment to Shark Cove which I think does two things... first, it increases the possible points to be achieved for this previously underscoring mode (relative to the other main modes)... and second, it adds a new strategy to the mode.

Original Rules for Shark Cove:

During this timed mode, the SHARK TARGETS and the SHARK SUPER SCOOP are lit. There is a 10M mode start bonus. Each hit on the bank of SHARK TARGETS kills one shark for 10M. There is one shark at first, then a set of two, then a set of three, then finally a set of four. The first time the SHARK SUPER SCOOP is shot, all the sharks currently on-screen are killed (for 10M each). Subsequent shots to the SHARK SUPER SCOOP will only kill one shark. Killing all sharks grants a 50M Completion Bonus.

New Rules for Shark Cove:

During this timed mode, the SHARK TARGETS and the SHARK SUPER SCOOP are lit. There is a 10M mode start bonus. Each hit on the bank of SHARK TARGETS kills one shark for 10M. There is one shark at first, then a set of two, then a set of three, then finally a set of four. EVERY TIME the SHARK SUPER SCOOP is shot, all the sharks currently on-screen are killed for DOUBLE POINTS (20M each). Killing all sharks grants a 50M Completion Bonus.

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a sneak preview of a minor adjustment to Shark Cove which I think does two things... first, it increases the possible points to be achieved for this previously underscoring mode (relative to the other main modes)... and second, it adds a new strategy to the mode.
Original Rules for Shark Cove:
During this timed mode, the SHARK TARGETS and the SHARK SUPER SCOOP are lit. There is a 10M mode start bonus. Each hit on the bank of SHARK TARGETS kills one shark for 10M. There is one shark at first, then a set of two, then a set of three, then finally a set of four. The first time the SHARK SUPER SCOOP is shot, all the sharks currently on-screen are killed (for 10M each). Subsequent shots to the SHARK SUPER SCOOP will only kill one shark. Killing all sharks grants a 50M Completion Bonus.
New Rules for Shark Cove:
During this timed mode, the SHARK TARGETS and the SHARK SUPER SCOOP are lit. There is a 10M mode start bonus. Each hit on the bank of SHARK TARGETS kills one shark for 10M. There is one shark at first, then a set of two, then a set of three, then finally a set of four. EVERY TIME the SHARK SUPER SCOOP is shot, all the sharks currently on-screen are killed for DOUBLE POINTS (20M each). Killing all sharks grants a 50M Completion Bonus.

You are truly amazing for taking on this code rewrite for all us baywatch owners. Do you think its easier to hit the scoop or targets? I find it easier to hit the scoop than the targets so I personally would find the mode much easier to complete if I just had to hit the scoop 4 times.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

You are truly amazing for taking on this code rewrite for all us baywatch owners. Do you think its easier to hit the scoop or targets? I find it easier to hit the scoop than the targets so I personally would find the mode much easier to complete if I just had to hit the scoop 4 times.

While I agree, you also risk the randomness of when it comes back out of the scoop which takes time, and could lead to a drain. Risk/reward.

Keep up the great work Chad!

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

While I agree, you also risk the randomness of when it comes back out of the scoop which takes time, and could lead to a drain. Risk/reward.
Keep up the great work Chad!

touché

#1240 6 years ago

Let's talk about Tidal Wave.

During this timed mode, the Left Orbit, Upper VUK, and Spinner Lane feed the ball to the Upper Ball Launch and awards 20M. The ball is then kicked up around the Right Orbit to the Upper Left Flipper, from which the Side Ramp can be shot for a Rescue Award of 50M. Getting Rescue Award three times will complete this mode where you receive a 50M Completion Bonus.

That is original description of this mode... but in reality, this one is buggy! The way it currently stands, it is very hard to actually complete this mode successfully for a few reasons.

Here are the problems:

1) When the mode first starts it offers up a "Shoot the Side Ramp" along with the jet-ski girl animation. However, if you make this very first Side Ramp shot correctly the game does NOT count this as a successful shot! You still have to do this three more times!

2) If you are slightly late with your Side Ramp shots, the game will show a "Rescue Successful" animation... however, it does NOT count as a successful shot, very deceiving!

3) Every time you make the Left Orbit, Upper VUK, and Spinner Lane shot, this counts as one of the three attempts. After these three attempts (regardless of whether you successfully shot the Side Ramp or not) the mode ends! This means if you do not perfectly make all three Side Ramp shots then the mode ends and you do not get the completion bonus.

All the above issues are now fixed. Now every successful Side Ramp shot counts (even that first one). Also, the failed attempts at hitting the Side Ramp do not count against you towards the three attempts. The mode ends when either the timer runs out (unsuccessful mode completion) or you make the three combo Side Ramp shots (successful mode completion).

Another change is the upper gate will now open faster with the Left Orbit shot during this mode. I know in the current game, this gate often does not open fast enough and the ball doesn't get to feed down into the Upper Ball Launch. I have made this gate open as fast as possible so hopefully the amount of misdirected balls will be reduced. Similarly, the lower gate opens faster with the Spinner shot in an effort to allow the ball to properly make it into the Upper Ball Launch with this shot more consistently.

With all these changes above I think this mode now plays as originally intended by the designer, and the player has a fairer chance of getting a successful completion. (And remember, each successfully completed mode increases the amount that the Earthquake Jackpots are worth!)

#1241 6 years ago

These changes are going to make baywatch a way better game.

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

These changes are going to make baywatch a way better game.

Tough to do, but I 100% agree.

#1243 6 years ago

I can't wait for @ChadH's code update. Awesome stuff!!

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

... or you make the three combo Side Ramp shots (successful mode completion) ...

Just for clarification... are all side ramp shots good, or does it have to be a combo? I.e., lets say I have a ball randomly make it to the left flipper and I succesffuly hit the side ramp. Does that count? Or, would I have to make it after one of the 3 shots that feed the upper ball launch?

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Just for clarification... are all side ramp shots good, or does it have to be a combo? I.e., lets say I have a ball randomly make it to the left flipper and I succesffuly hit the side ramp. Does that count? Or, would I have to make it after one of the 3 shots that feed the upper ball launch?

Original rule is it has to be a combo... and that's how it remains.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Original rule is it has to be a combo... and that's how it remains.

You reckon its possible to tweek the code to allow collecting sharks during modes? Does it sound like a good idea?
Or a way to collect letters and stack modes like addams family and monster bash

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Nope, very very easy. My Mustang now looks dark compared to Baywatch and that was my brightest game!</blockquote
I went to the interweb page to gather intell on this and they say the strips are magnetized for easy removal. How do they stick to the plywood on the sides?

#1248 6 years ago

Stacking modes would be sweet, but I would say that is a ton of work.

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Stacking modes would be sweet, but I would say that is a ton of work.

You are correct. Plenty of other very nice changes that I think you will all enjoy... but no mode stacking.

#1250 6 years ago

It's happening! I will be joining the club soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.