20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 103.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Maybe there is a programmer looking at another mind blowing feature right now but decided it's just not worth it if foreign companies are just going to steal their ideas and undercut their prices.

Where is the basis for your "price undercutting" theory - neither party is giving these away!

The fact is there has been a real need identified for replacement 192x64 DMDs, color or otherwise, for quite some time now. ColorDMD was aware of it (from many requests) and has simply refused to pursue it. Stating they may look into it sometime in the future is worth nothing to anyone - hell, they may very well be stating that 10 or 20 years from now. There is a obviously a market for these right now, and so now is the time for ColorDMD to take action. They surely have the technology and expertise to do it. IMO, offense would be their best defense on this matter, and competition is always a good thing.

#1152 6 years ago

A ColorDMD of 192x64 would be amazing. Could they do a LCD? I love the ability to do classic dots, high-definition upscaling, and scan lines. I wish they would pursue it.

#1153 6 years ago

ColorDMD hasn't refused to pursue anything... we've been running balls to the wall for the last five years with 63 completed titles, four close to release, and another 10 in progress.

Not sure why you would doubt us now.

#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD hasn't refused to pursue anything... we've been running balls to the wall for the last five years with 63 completed titles, four close to release, and another 10 in progress.

Not sure why you would doubt us now.

I don't doubt you, but let's stay on topic - do any of those statistics pertain to 192x64?

#1155 6 years ago

Our hardware platform was updated last year to add the processing and memory resources required for colorizing 192x64.

We're currently completing work on a number of high-demand, long-awaited titles, and I think we'll be in a good position to add expanded support for Sega, Capcom, and Gottlieb in 2018.

However, demand/ownership in this space is low. To make matters worse, game values are low and the cost of 64x64 panels is high. When we do it, it will be for love of the hobby, not because it makes good business sense. This is the same passion (and stupidity) that led us to do titles like Popeye, Monopoly, and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

If you guys want it, we'll do it... but we're not going to fight a clone war for it.

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Our hardware platform was updated last year to add the processing and memory resources required for colorizing 192x64.
We're currently completing work on a number of high-demand, long-awaited titles, and I think we'll be in a good position to add expanded support for Sega, Capcom, and Gottlieb in 2018.
However, demand/ownership in this space is low. To make matters worse, game values are low and the cost of 64x64 panels is high. When we do it, it will be for love of the hobby, not because it makes good business sense. This is the same passion (and stupidity) that led us to do titles like Popeye, Monopoly, and Rollercoaster Tycoon.
If you guys want it, we'll do it... but we're not going to fight a clone war for it.

If you do baywatch, i will happily buy it.

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Given the topic of this thread and that your views have been expressed, can I ask that you continue this somewhere else? That is, unless you are here to announce a product for Baywatch. . .

#1158 6 years ago

Someone called him out regarding a feature specific to this generation of machine, in the context of this exact machine. His reply and participation in this thread is 100% appropriate.

Quoted from lyonsden:

Given the topic of this thread and that your views have been expressed, can I ask that you continue this somewhere else? That is, unless you are here to announce a product for Baywatch. . .

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Someone called him out regarding a feature specific to this generation of machine, in the context of this exact machine. His reply and participation in this thread is 100% appropriate.

No argument. The counterpoint was made, and then the conversation went sideways for many posts. Seems more like a veiled heated dispute about the tech in colorized DMDs than talking about Baywatch.

Speaking of which, I just finished shopping a Baywatch for a friend. One of the cleanest, low play Baywatches I've seen. Hands down, BW continues to be my favorite bang-for-buck game (and a general favorite game overall). One aspect that I always return to appreciate is how tight the game programming is on the game. Example: the hidden ball saver for when the ball kicks out of a kickout hole or the left lane kickback, and then drains. The programming knows it was a cheap drain and gives your ball back. "Baywatch will be right back". Thank you to whomever did the programming.

Also, zero grace period for when a mode ends. Your second to last ball drains during multiball? No chance to collect that last super or double super jackpot. You are put immediately back into regular gameplay when the ball hits the trough.

#1160 6 years ago

I'm in here. So anybody use the Pinsoundboard on Baywatch? Is the Sound a little better? Clearer?

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

The reason I got 135M is because I missed a ramp near the end (middle ramp, 3rd from last). It showed that I hit it on the video, but if you listen, it doesn't give the "alright" or flash so I wasn't awarded the points. There is a slight delay on my machine between the actual hitting of the ramp, and the video. Not sure if this is common on all machines.

Actually, there is a bug in the code that cheated you out of getting credit for that center ramp (3rd from the last) even though the animation shows a successful jump.

There are 7 positions that you can be in.

From left to right, numbered 0 to 6. Here is how I'll define them:

0 = extreme left
1 = left
2 = left center
3 = center
4 = right center
5 = right
6 = extreme right

Here's the problem... when you are in position 2, 3, or 4, when you hit a ramp that is in the center... the game animation shows a good jump. However, there is a bug where if you are in position 2 then the game does NOT give you the 10M nor does it play the bell sound effect along with the "Alright" voice call.

Now rewatch your video and you'll see that you hit that center ramp when you where in position 2... and thus you did not get the credit.

This bug is now fixed.

#1162 6 years ago

love the attention to detail Chad!

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Actually, there is a bug in the code that cheated you out of getting credit for that center ramp (3rd from the last) even though the animation shows a successful jump.
There are 7 positions that you can be in.
From left to right, numbered 0 to 6. Here is how I'll define them:
0 = extreme left
1 = left
2 = left center
3 = center
4 = right center
5 = right
6 = extreme right
Here's the problem... when you are in position 2, 3, or 4, when you hit a ramp that is in the center... the game animation shows a good jump. However, there is a bug where if you are in position 2 then the game does NOT give you the 10M nor does it play the bell sound effect along with the "Alright" voice call.
Now rewatch your video and you'll see that you hit that center ramp when you where in position 2... and thus you did not get the credit.
This bug is now fixed.

Make you wonder how many countless other small bugs/ glitches are in other pins that will never be found out unless someone awesome comes around to look under the software hood.

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Make you wonder how many countless other small bugs/ glitches are in other pins that will never be found out unless someone awesome comes around to look under the software hood.

Every game I have worked on has had bugs... especially Hook, that one was really buggy!

But you are right, some bugs are not so obvious... sometimes I've found very minor things no one would ever even know such as a voice call that is called by the code but never plays because something with a higher priority doesn't allow it, or a video animation gets cut short because the timing was off.

Here's a minor one in Baywatch you may have noticed. When you start CPR, it plays one of two voice calls.

"Listen up guys, the swimmers need help, apply CPR, 1-2-3 Now!"
"OK everyone here's the situation, some swimmers need help, shoot the ramp to apply CPR"

If the second voice call is played, there is a bug where another voice call of "Shark's in the bay" accidentally gets overlayed during the second half of that voice call... making it hard to understand what was being said.

#1165 6 years ago

What is the current code ?

#1166 6 years ago

may be i'll become a member here, but first have to read 24 pages...

#1167 6 years ago

Noone use Pinsound on baywatch?

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you change default initials to LIONMAN for HSTD default?

If Lionman had to put in 3 initials, what would they be?

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

may be i'll become a member here, but first have to read 24 pages...

ok, i've read all, and as a "player", i think that now i could decide myself to go for this game (and i have to swap it with my LAH)

in same nice state, how much to close the gap between these 2 ? for me LAH is more valuable
of course, here in europe the market is not always the same as in the USA... LAH is popular & loved here, and BW not really (in fact, its more not at all), again due to his theme

than !?

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

LAH is popular & loved here, and BW not really (in fact, its more not at all), again due to his theme

Don't know about belgium but the Hoff is pretty much godlike here in Austria
But you're right, i would price LAH slightly higher (but Baywatch is the better game by far

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If Lionman had to put in 3 initials, what would they be?

easy

S O F

#1172 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, i've read all, and as a "player", i think that now i could decide myself to go for this game (and i have to swap it with my LAH)
in same nice state, how much to close the gap between these 2 ? for me LAH is more valuable
of course, here in europe the market is not always the same as in the USA... LAH is popular & loved here, and BW not really (in fact, its more not at all), again due to his theme
than !?

LAH and BW are valued about the same here in the states. I think it'd be an even trade assuming both games were in similar condition.

I have and love both. If I had to choose one or the other I'd probably keep BW over LAH, though.

Didn't ask me but if I were in your shoes I would keep LAH and sell either Dirty Harry or Avengers and get a BW.

#1173 6 years ago

Yes I want to sell my high speed to make room to add a LAH or BF to my collection. I'm a not so serious movie buff and those movies are great.

#1174 6 years ago

Here's another interesting thing about Baywatch that I am pretty sure not many know about...

Try setting Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Extra Hard".

This completely changes the way the game advances with the various mode shots.

With it set to Extra Hard, you have to spell all of GUARD (and then play Guard mode) before you can advance to the next phase where you then collect all the cast members (and then play Tourist Season mode) and after that you can then play each of the main modes (and then play Earthquake).

Definitely changes the strategy.

Also, if you set Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Hard" then it plays like the normal game except it takes two shots per advancement of each lite and shows an extra animation on the in-between shots.

If you set Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Moderate" or "Easy" then it take two shots to collect each GUARD letter but only one shot for the cast member and one shot for the mode start.

Finally, if you set Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Extra Easy" which is the default then it plays the way 99% of everyone plays the game and it's one shot per advancement of each lite.

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's another interesting thing about Baywatch that I am pretty sure not many know about...
Try setting Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Extra Hard".
This completely changes the way the game advances with the various mode shots.
With it set to Extra Hard, you have to spell all of GUARD (and then play Guard mode) before you can advance to the next phase where you then collect all the cast members (and then play Tourist Season mode) and after that you can then play each of the main modes (and then play Earthquake).
Definitely changes the strategy.
Also, if you set Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Hard" then it plays like the normal game except it takes two shots per advancement of each lite and shows an extra animation on the in-between shots.
If you set Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Moderate" or "Easy" then it take two shots to collect each GUARD letter but only one shot for the cast member and one shot for the mode start.
Finally, if you set Adjustment 49 (Mode Start Criterion) to "Extra Easy" which is the default then it plays the way 99% of everyone plays the game and it's one shot per advancement of each lite.

That's great info. Thank you

#1176 6 years ago

It's like that info should be in the manual! But probably isn't because pin manuals are always so complete. Haha Nice info ChadH !!

#1177 6 years ago

tanx guys for your advices...

1 week later
#1178 6 years ago

can anyone link me to the correct switch for the shooter lane? Mine broke and I can't find the part number listed in the manual anywhere. Thanks. -Tommy

Okay, actually found it at marco and pinball life. Same item is pictured on both sites, this definitely does not match what is currently in my game. I am hoping someone can let me know if theirs matches what is listed at the sites. Thanks.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=500-5707-00

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I wonder if she should be blue/green color as well? Though, I do think its pretty scary looking with a squid for hair.

Quoted from maffewl:

I did a quick photoshop... but nah, the squid "hair" looks much more nightmarish.

I colored it both ways and decided the tip of the head was funnier so I stuck with it.

Quoted from PoMC:

I honestly don't care about these ColorWars going on lately in some threads. I'm buying from whomever can color any of my games, so someone step it up and get Baywatch done!

Baywatch colorization IS done, rappel is checking key frames and things of that ilk and then he'll be releasing.

#1180 6 years ago

Correct, I'm currently checking with a real machine and hopefully we get some pictures and video up by the end of this week.
Some fixing will follow, but to be honest I don't know how much that will be.

But I'm pretty sure you'll all like it

Again, please support Malenko for his awesome work on several machines!!!

#1181 6 years ago

Hey guys,

testing the colorization is going well, still some tweaks to figure out but it does work very nice

as always: flickering is not visible in person, just in the video!

More to come soon!

Cheers

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Hey guys,
testing the colorization is going well, still some tweaks to figure out but it does work very nice
» YouTube video
as always: flickering is not visible in person, just in the video!
More to come soon!
Cheers

Can't tell you how stoked I am to get BW in color! Has some amazing dots, can't wait to see what y'all have done with them.

#1183 6 years ago

I used my blue anodized lock nuts (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-bright-lights-pinball/01267-anodized-nylon-lock-nuts) on my Baywatch. Turned out perfect!

20170924_121332 (resized).jpg20170924_121332 (resized).jpg

20170924_121352 (resized).jpg20170924_121352 (resized).jpg

#1184 6 years ago

Looks GREAT .... Now take a break from playing and clean those rubbers

#1185 6 years ago

Looks nice, curious how they compare to chromapinball.com ... I assume they're basically the same though I see Chroma has color matched Nylon available now.

#1186 6 years ago

ChadH how is the coding going? Tell us some cool stuff!

#1187 6 years ago

Has anyone installed the LOTR flipper coils in your Baywatch?

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

chadH how is the coding going? Tell us some cool stuff!

Here some notes on the changes I made to the two Video Modes (subject to change).

Ironman Video Mode:
Allow all of intro video for Ironman to play and allow it to be aborted with both flippers.
Add motor boat sound to Video Mode intro for Ironman.
Change music during Ironman to previously unused music.
Increase amount for hitting flippers from 250,000 to 500,000 per hit.
Add "Well Done" voice call to winning Video Mode Ironman race.
Increase bonus for successfully completing Ironman from 20M to 50M.

Water Skier Video Mode:
Turn off G.I. during Water Skier Video Mode.
Adjust scoring of Water Ski video mode from 1M per passed obstacle to 3M per passed obstacle.
Fix bug so center ramp will now correctly score when hit on the left-center.
Fix bug at end of Water Skier where last ramp does not count.
Prevent "Alright" voice call from being cut short at end of Water Skier Video mode.
Fix Water Skier bug to prevent incorrectly adding ghost points at end after final ramp.
Add 50M bonus for successfully completing Water Skier Video mode.

#1189 6 years ago

your attention to detail is great!

#1190 6 years ago

I am looking for someone who wants to help beta test my patch and provide feedback. You need to have a good working Baywatch on hand (obviously) and have a ROM burner and be able to burn 27C512 CPU ROMs as I make revisions. Need a good understanding of the current rules and willing to test all the changes (which means often taking off the glass to try out the more obscure changes).

Please PM me if interested.

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Turn off G.I. during Water Skier Video Mode.

Ummmmmm...... Best idea ever.

#1192 6 years ago

Awesome. Wish I had a rom burner. Stoked you are putting so much effort into this project! We love you.

#1193 6 years ago

Wish I had a rom burner as well... I meet all other criteria and would love to be a beta tester.

#1194 6 years ago

after its released I'll update the color files if Rappelbox needs me to.

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Awesome. Wish I had a rom burner. Stoked you are putting so much effort into this project! We love you.

Quoted from maffewl:

Wish I had a rom burner as well... I meet all other criteria and would love to be a beta tester.

rom burners are relatively cheap and easy to use. Would be great to have an ctive BW member learn this new/simple skill and help out.

I would offer but my game is loaned to Chad for the project

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Please PM me if interested.

PM sent.

#1197 6 years ago

I PMed earlier also since I have a burner and also beta tested TFTC code.

#1198 6 years ago

Ya I really should invest anyway.

#1199 6 years ago

Great to see this underrated game getting some love finally with the colored dots and new code coming.

#1200 6 years ago

What do the orange Baywatch buoy used as a topper go for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.