IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 103.
#1101 6 years ago

Here's something interesting about Baywatch scoring that I don't believe is well known.

If you make it to Earthquake... the jackpot bonus amount for shooting the Left Ramp depends on how many of the following modes you successfully COMPLETED:

CPR
Chopper Rescue
Driver Trapped
Shark Cove
Tidal Wave

Each time you complete one of the above modes, the jackpot value for Earthquake increases by 20 Million.

Jackpot = 50M + (20M x Modes Completed)

It looks like your bonus can be as low as 50M per jackpot... but as high as 150M per jackpot!

So, not only do you get a completion bonus of 50M each time you complete a mode, but it will also increase the Earthquake Jackpot by 20M. A little extra incentive to complete those modes, huh?

By the way, I watched the PAPA tutorial video and it appears that they physically disabled the Left Ramp lock. By doing this, they completely cheated themselves out of potentially huge Earthquake jackpot values!

#1102 6 years ago

That is super interesting. Although I can sometimes beat a couple of modes, I'm having a tough time getting to earthquake mode on standard settings. Although I would prob have a hard time reaching earthquake on easy settings as well.

#1103 6 years ago

Awesome chadh. What does this code physically look like aw you shift and navigate your way through it?!

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Awesome chadh. What does this code physically look like aw you shift and navigate your way through it?!

Over 20,000 lines of raw uncommented assembly language like this:

8C65: CE 8C B6 ldx #$8CB6
8C68: 8D 45 bsr $8CAF
8C6A: E6 00 ldb (x+$00)
8C6C: A6 01 lda (x+$01)
8C6E: 84 0F anda #$0F
8C70: 8B 03 adda #$03
8C72: BD 43 8C jsr $438C
8C75: 20 A8 bra $8C1F
8C77: 8D 2E bsr $8CA7
8C79: CE 8C DA ldx #$8CDA
8C7C: 8D 31 bsr $8CAF

Fun!

#1105 6 years ago

And how do you interpret/ understand it? Pure curiosity standpoint.

#1106 6 years ago

Had to make a new linkage to the lower right ball gate. I don't even know when the original broke. I usually do shark hole skill shot up to tower to complete cpr first but today decided to try upper ramp and realized the gate was not functioning. I thought it was weird that I remember balls being able to be trapped in there during multiball and why I couldn't get it to work recently. Problem solved!

IMG_6005 (resized).JPGIMG_6005 (resized).JPG

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's something interesting about Baywatch scoring that I don't believe is well known.
If you make it to Earthquake... the jackpot bonus amount for shooting the Left Ramp depends on how many of the following modes you successfully COMPLETED:
CPR
Chopper Rescue
Driver Trapped
Shark Cove
Tidal Wave
Each time you complete one of the above modes, the jackpot value for Earthquake increases by 20 Million.
Jackpot = 50M + (20M x Modes Completed)
It looks like your bonus can be as low as 50M per jackpot... but as high as 150M per jackpot!
So, not only do you get a completion bonus of 50M each time you complete a mode, but it will also increase the Earthquake Jackpot by 20M. A little extra incentive to complete those modes, huh?
By the way, I watched the PAPA tutorial video and it appears that they physically disabled the Left Ramp lock. By doing this, they completely cheated themselves out of potentially huge Earthquake jackpot values!

When the trapdoor is disabled , I would reckon that the programming would compensate and award the jackpot when it detects a made ramp shot no?
And to add to that..I watched that video and dissabling that trapdoor was kinda cheap as he was able to advance the left ramp even when lock is lit , which is just about constantly.

1 week later
#1108 6 years ago

Initial test...

IMG_1767 (resized).JPGIMG_1767 (resized).JPG

#1109 6 years ago

Any one have the latest code they could email me ? Or where I can get it .

#1110 6 years ago

Is there a setting in the game software to open the top gate for the skillshot faster?
When I launch the ball, it gets to the gate before the gate opens everytime making it impossible
to get the skillshots that go past the controlled gate at the top right of the playfield.

Thanks
John

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Is there a setting in the game software to open the top gate for the skillshot faster?
When I launch the ball, it gets to the gate before the gate opens everytime making it impossible
to get the skillshots that go past the controlled gate at the top right of the playfield.
Thanks
John

There is s setting. It I believe when turned to its highest (fastest) setting a issue in the code makes to actually go slower. Maybe try seeing if the solenoid is binding or something is not allowing good movement.

#1112 6 years ago

Does programming it count?

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

There is s setting. It I believe when turned to its highest (fastest) setting a issue in the code makes to actually go slower. Maybe try seeing if the solenoid is binding or something is not allowing good movement.

Most likely nothing mechanically wrong with it. Wait until Chad releases the code fix.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from johnjones:

Thanks
John

First, make sure you game is NOT set with Adjustment 32: Coil Power = High. There is a known bug with the current code that will makes that upper gate unusable with this setting. Make sure it is set to Normal.

Second, make sure your upper gate is mechanically working correctly. Go into coil test mode and test that upper gate. The gate should IMMEDIATELY open when tested. There should be no delay. I've seen it where you press the test button and the gate hesitates to open. If this happens, examine the gate and make sure the arm that pulls the gate open has as much leverage as possible.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

First, make sure you game is NOT set with Adjustment 32: Coil Power = High. There is a known bug with the current code that will makes that upper gate unusable with this setting. Make sure it is set to Normal.
Second, make sure your upper gate is mechanically working correctly. Go into coil test mode and test that upper gate. The gate should IMMEDIATELY open when tested. There should be no delay. I've seen it where you press the test button and the gate hesitates to open. If this happens, examine the gate and make sure the arm that pulls the gate open has as much leverage as possible.

how are things coming? My game working well for you? Are you enjoying it?

Can you change default initials to LIONMAN for HSTD default?

#1116 6 years ago

It's best to change as little as possible, only those things that need changing.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you change default initials to LIONMAN for HSTD default?

#1117 6 years ago

still far from public release... but i couldn't wait any longer!

pictures speak more then a thousand words and we all should be very grateful to some people actively developing and contributing to pin2dmd project.

now it's time to get the latest batch out of the shop

Screenshot (69) (resized).pngScreenshot (69) (resized).png
Screenshot (71) (resized).pngScreenshot (71) (resized).png
Screenshot (70) (resized).pngScreenshot (70) (resized).png
Screenshot (72) (resized).pngScreenshot (72) (resized).png
Screenshot (73) (resized).pngScreenshot (73) (resized).png
Screenshot (74) (resized).pngScreenshot (74) (resized).png
Screenshot (75) (resized).pngScreenshot (75) (resized).png
Screenshot (76) (resized).pngScreenshot (76) (resized).png
Screenshot (77) (resized).pngScreenshot (77) (resized).png
Screenshot (78) (resized).pngScreenshot (78) (resized).png
Screenshot (79) (resized).pngScreenshot (79) (resized).png
Screenshot (80) (resized).pngScreenshot (80) (resized).png
Screenshot (81) (resized).pngScreenshot (81) (resized).png
Screenshot (82) (resized).pngScreenshot (82) (resized).png
Screenshot (83) (resized).pngScreenshot (83) (resized).png
Screenshot (84) (resized).pngScreenshot (84) (resized).png

send me a mail to [email protected] containing your address and i will send you a quote.
It should be arround 409 EUR shipped to continental U.S.

#1118 6 years ago

Quoted from Rappelbox:

pictures speak more then a thousand words and we all should be very grateful to some people actively developing and contributing to pin2dmd project.

VERY NICE! When released I'm in for a color display.

Added over 7 years ago: Rethink after new information

Added over 7 years ago: Maybe

#1119 6 years ago

Wow... my DMD is still fresh and bright, but may have to move into a back-up role.

#1120 6 years ago

When you color these frames, can you please confirm squid girl? Still don't know if my arms being pulled on here if that's real. Have not seen it yet.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from ksmmspt:

As far as the code update: Please get rid of the guy that says "Well Done" after you drain quickly and have around 1 million bonus. Drives me nuts!

It only says "Well Done" if you abort the End Of Ball Bonus screens. It doesn't matter what your score is or how well your ball was played.

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

When you color these frames, can you please confirm squid girl? Still don't know if my arms being pulled on here if that's real. Have not seen it yet.

Squid girl is a spinner bonus. When you hear "Shoot the spinner" do it, you'll sometimes get Squid Girl who will appear at the end of the match sequence. It doesn't seem extremely rare, I've seen it many times. Pretty freaky looking..

#1123 6 years ago

Hey ChadH can you look at the scoring for the video mode? It's never seemed right, I think the max score is 134M but each of the ramps is 10M and if I miss one it's only a few Million different from the max score..

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Here you go...

Screenshot (85) (resized).pngScreenshot (85) (resized).png

#1125 6 years ago

Oh man she looks scarier in colour!!!

#1126 6 years ago

That's the stuff of nightmares man....

#1127 6 years ago

I wonder if she should be blue/green color as well? Though, I do think its pretty scary looking with a squid for hair.

#1128 6 years ago

I did a quick photoshop... but nah, the squid "hair" looks much more nightmarish.

44ae1c754eb35251671ae954a44e594be35d427e (resized).png44ae1c754eb35251671ae954a44e594be35d427e (resized).png

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Looks phenomenal! Will be ordering as soon as it's released!

#1130 6 years ago

I'll be ordering too. When does it release?

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I'll be ordering too. When does it release?

Right before Christmas is a realistic time frame.

Even if the coloring isn't done yet, you can still put it in your Pinball and use it as a single color DMD.
Or create a 4-color palette with a very few clicks like I did for the samples below in just a few seconds.

Take out the provided SD-Card off your PIN2DMD-XL, copy the generated file to that card, put it back in and restart your Display, done!

Same for the full colorization:
Copy the provided files to the SD, done!*

*It may be nessecary to do a firmware update, but thats also done with a small programm and a USB cable, files and instructions will be provided.

Screenshot (86).pngScreenshot (86).png

Screenshot (87).pngScreenshot (87).png

Screenshot (88).pngScreenshot (88).png

Screenshot (89).pngScreenshot (89).png

Screenshot (90).pngScreenshot (90).png

Screenshot (91).pngScreenshot (91).png

Screenshot (92).pngScreenshot (92).png

Screenshot (93).pngScreenshot (93).png

Screenshot (94).pngScreenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).pngScreenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).pngScreenshot (96).png

Screenshot (97).pngScreenshot (97).png

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Same for the full colorization:
Copy the provided files to the SD, done!*

Will this also work with the first generation of PIN2DMD-XL's? You did a hardware change a few months ago, correct?

Thanks for clarification,
Cheers

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Will this also work with the first generation of PIN2DMD-XL's? You did a hardware change a few months ago, correct?
Thanks for clarification,
Cheers

Should work!
If not, these customers will get a special offer

#1134 6 years ago

awesome, looking forward!

#1135 6 years ago

I got to Earthquake the other day, at 150 mill a pop to the ramp, was pretty cool.
As far as the rules go, everything seems pretty decent except for the shark flip. There really isnt a whole lot of incentive to shoot for it. Shark flip for ten million, and it doesnt advance your shark awards.

I wish the spinner could be shot more without diverting it constantly, but I think there should be some tweak in that area.
At least give me more than 10 million auto shark flip, make it increase. In approximately 50 or so games, I've only gotten extra ball lit once shark award, its manually pretty tricky, at least on my game.

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Hey ChadH can you look at the scoring for the video mode? It's never seemed right, I think the max score is 134M but each of the ramps is 10M and if I miss one it's only a few Million different from the max score..

Here's a video of a guy completing it. Looks like there are 11 ramps. He gets a total of 135M.

From what I can tell, the bonus for this mode starts at 10M and then is increased by 10M for each successful ramp and increases by 1M for the instances you stay alive while avoiding obstacles.

This would mean that max is:
10M starting bonus + (11 ramps * 10M) + (15 instances of time passed avoiding obstacles * 1M) = 135M

What are you experiencing?

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a video of a guy completing it. Looks like there are 11 ramps. He gets a total of 135M.
» YouTube video
From what I can tell, the bonus for this mode starts at 10M and then is increased by 10M for each successful ramp and increases by 1M for the instances you stay alive while avoiding obstacles.
This would mean that max is:
10M starting bonus + (11 ramps * 10M) + (15 instances of time passed avoiding obstacles * 1M) = 135M
What are you experiencing?

That guy is awesome! (Spoiler alert: that guy is me )

Regarding the scoring, if you hit every ramp, it gives you 144M points. The reason I got 135M is because I missed a ramp near the end (middle ramp, 3rd from last). It showed that I hit it on the video, but if you listen, it doesn't give the "alright" or flash so I wasn't awarded the points. There is a slight delay on my machine between the actual hitting of the ramp, and the video. Not sure if this is common on all machines.

#1138 6 years ago

Ah... I see... my logic for scoring is correct up until near the very end of the whole sequence where 1M is added to the bonus with each frame for the last second or two.

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ah... I see... my logic for scoring is correct up until near the very end of the whole sequence where 1M is added to the bonus with each frame for the last second or two.

I believe finishing the sequence including the finishing line/gate is 144. 135 is max if you miss the final middle gate.

You can add an extra million or two by dragging the last frames?

#1140 6 years ago

Playing with the Jet Ski video mode, I think I can slow it down and/or speed it up.

What if.... the mode started out slower for the first few ramps, then sped up to normal speed you are used to, and then sped up again near the end with the last few ramps? But then if you make it to the very end you get an extra bonus because it was extra fast/hard for that last part?

Just tossing this idea out there for feedback/suggestions.

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Playing with the Jet Ski video mode, I think I can slow it down and/or speed it up.
What if.... the mode started out slower for the first few ramps, then sped up to normal speed you are used to, and then sped up again near the end with the last few ramps? But then if you make it to the very end you get an extra bonus because it was extra fast/hard for that last part?
Just tossing this idea out there for feedback/suggestions.

I feel like speed will not make it better if it's the same ramp locations every time. Need something to change it up

#1142 6 years ago

Will there be any conflict with the upcoming ColorDMD and new code? I'd like to use both simultantelosuly.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Will there be any conflict with the upcoming ColorDMD and new code? I'd like to use both simultantelosuly.

Overall it will still work but maybe needs some minor adjustments.
As long as image data is not changed it will display the matching scenes correctly.

If speed is changed, we need to adjust that too,
If image data is changed in a particular scene all others will still work.
For that particular scene it needs to be fixed then.

#1144 6 years ago

This is not a ColorDMD project.

Pin2DMD (which Rappelbox sells) willlfully copied the methods disclosed in ColorDMD's patents without permission, and included them as part of the Pin2DMD editor and hardware. We have requested that they remove these features from Pin2DMD and revert back to the SmartDMD and grayscale-to-color mapping they had in earlier versions.

So far they have refused, stating that since they live in Germany they are justified to copy and use whatever they want, without regard for US patent protection.

The same group has directly copied code from the PinDMD virtual pinball project, and has worked to create knock-offs of the Run-DMD clock, and Pinsound... which they sell/distribute under the names Go-DMD clock, and Rasberry Pinsound.

The rampant copying is a problem for continued innovation in the hobby. If you're a fan of ColorDMD, or the innovations contributed by these other projects, we request that you think twice before supporting this behavior.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

This is not a ColorDMD project.
Pin2DMD (which Rappelbox sells) willlfully copied the methods disclosed in ColorDMD's patents without permission, and included them as part of the Pin2DMD editor and hardware. We have requested that they remove these features from Pin2DMD and revert back to the SmartDMD and grayscale-to-color mapping they had in earlier versions.
So far they have refused, stating that since they live in Germany they can ignore US patents.
The same group has directly copied code from the PinDMD virtual pinball project, and has worked to create knock-offs of the Run-DMD clock, and Pinsound... which they sell/distribute under the names Go-DMD clock, and Rasberry Pinsound.
The rampant copying is a problem for continued innovation in the hobby. If you're a fan of ColorDMD, or the innovations contributed by these other projects, we request that you think twice before supporting this behavior.

Will colordmd be supporting Sega games in the future and more specifically in the near future?

#1146 6 years ago

We support 128x32 Sega games today and intend to support 192x64 games in the future.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We support 128x32 Sega games today and intend to support 192x64 games in the future.

I guess i should be more clear, lol.

Will colordmd be colorizing Baywatch in the near future or ever?

#1148 6 years ago

I honestly don't care about these ColorWars going on lately in some threads. I'm buying from whomever can color any of my games, so someone step it up and get Baywatch done!

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Thanks, I will take a look at this!
John

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I honestly don't care about these ColorWars going on lately in some threads. I'm buying from whomever can color any of my games, so someone step it up and get Baywatch done!

Kindof shortsighted imo. If colorDMD thought that their proprietary methods were going to be opened to any competition then they may not have started the process to begin with and all DMD's would be monochrome or that goofy euro 4 color stuff. Maybe there is a programmer looking at another mind blowing feature right now but decided it's just not worth it if foreign companies are just going to steal their ideas and undercut their prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/23?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.