IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 103.
#1051 6 years ago

Shark hole light, before and after...I tied it to the Jackpot insert.

If any one is interested, I can make one up for $15 shipped within US.

baywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hold-scoop-light-kit (resized).JPGbaywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hold-scoop-light-kit (resized).JPG

baywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hole-scoop-light-kit-before (resized).JPGbaywatch-pinball-led-strip-shark-hole-scoop-light-kit-before (resized).JPG

#1052 6 years ago

Yeah, but you might have the laser kick already lit up in the case where it saved it from shark flipper

#1053 6 years ago

A couple of ideas for Rom Mod.

pause game, with ball on flipper. pressing the extra ball button will hold the currently engaged flipper up to allow user to walk away from machine. Like TZ home rom.

Ball save, the moment the ball save light goes out the ball save ends. Like Wlms games, can the ball save last n amount of time past the light going out?

Red flasher on center playfield boat, light bar. The red flasher seems to only come on during a jackpot. Can it alternate with the yellow whenever the yellow is flashing. And Start of Multi-ball when the Siren is sounding, can the light show start with the game dark and just the red/yellow flashers flashing(or some other lights)

I know the Multi-ball enable has been mentioned. Can each set of drop targets enable one lock ball, with the reset timer on the drop targets reduced after each multiball.

Thanks ChadH. Looking forward to a freshened Baywatch.

#1054 6 years ago

I like the idea of when the siren is going - the playfield is dark except for the center boat flashing lights. Then it transitions to the standard multi ball light show.

#1055 6 years ago

Siren lights in boat being used properly is a great idea, I thought it was just my machine.
Is it possible to get the shark flipper to work every time?
Also make it possible to attain the (collect sharks for awards) lights near flippers. I have never lit more than one of these.
Thanks.

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Is it possible to get the shark flipper to work every time?
Thanks.

Not sure that would be good. Sometimes it's good strategy to let it go past that flipper down the inlane to make shots.

#1057 6 years ago

Yes but when shark flipper is lit it flips by itself and usually misses

#1058 6 years ago

Shark has a mind of its own!

#1059 6 years ago

As far as the code update: Please get rid of the guy that says "Well Done" after you drain quickly and have around 1 million bonus. Drives me nuts!

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Yes but when shark flipper is lit it flips by itself and usually misses

There is a setting to control the delay. Mine works about 75% of the time which is nice.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from ksmmspt:

As far as the code update: Please get rid of the guy that says "Well Done" after you drain quickly and have around 1 million bonus. Drives me nuts!

no way! That sarcastic heckling is great!

#1062 6 years ago

Couple additional small bugs found...

Instant Info doesn't display SPF Bonus Multiplier (the code calls for the wrong screen that does not exist and so instead it shows score for a few seconds). Also, Instant Info does not repeat smoothly.

#1063 6 years ago

Tech. note : Since I've owned my Baywatch when you push the left flipper button it fired both sling shots - opened the top gate - scored points - and set off other switches . I tried for a year and a half to fix it . I finally had Clay H . out to fix it . It had him stumped for a long time , come to find out it was the #18 Trough opto receiver board ( ball jam opto ) part - 520-5125-00 . Clay said when that board goes bad " The game looses it's mind ! " and was causing all the problems . The bad news - no one has that board . Solution was to just unhook that board . Works for now , just hope for no ball jams .

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

part - 520-5125-00 . Clay said when that board goes bad " The game looses it's mind ! " and was causing all the problems . The bad news - no one has that board .

Pinball Life has the receiver and transmitter board set for $29.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1690

BTW, the transmitter LED gets weak after years of service - just changed mine out (cost less than a buck) and all is well again.

#1065 6 years ago

Audio bug: when you power on the game Mitch says "Baywatch will be."

Pretty sure it should play the complete quote of "Baywatch will be right back."

#1066 6 years ago

It's so you have to use your imagination.... "Baywatch will be".... AWESOME!

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Audio bug: when you power on the game Mitch says "Baywatch will be."
Pretty sure it should play the complete quote of "Baywatch will be right back."

Since i replace my dead MPU by a rottendog amusements MPU, when i power on, it now play the complete quote
that's weird

#1068 6 years ago

Small hint...
Only available with pin2dmd-Xl hardware!
Don't get fooled by copycats!

Sonic_Surfing.pngSonic_Surfing.png

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Small hint...

wow! that's so beautiful!
i want this on mine

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Small hint...

Is it possible for many people to work on colorizing individual scenes, then combine everyone's work into a final product (a.k.a. divide and conquer)?

#1071 6 years ago

Some things may be divided and processed by different people, but there has to be one "master" who puts everything together.
Keyframes, masked scenes are hard to share, but since I'm learning myself I may be wrong.
Non-masked scenes like boot animation, sonic surfing, or sonic as shark are good examples of editable scenes that could be distributed among different people.
We could try

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Some things may be divided and processed by different people, but there has to be one "master" who puts everything together.

I nominate you as the "master". Send me the dump file and tell me which animation you want me to colorize.

#1073 6 years ago

I'd love to see the filmed scenes in color. Seems like an incredible amount of work, however!

#1074 6 years ago

Sad to say, but I left the club yesterday after about 4 years of ownership. Very depressing, but I need space for Sw and DI, both coming this week. I put a lot of work into the game with shaker, color dmd, led OCD and quite a few other things. Only comforting thing is that it went to a very good home.

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sad to say, but I left the club yesterday

Bummer. Although SW and DI both look awesome.

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sad to say, but I left the club yesterday after about 4 years of ownership. Very depressing, but I need space for Sw and DI, both coming this week. I put a lot of work into the game with shaker, color dmd, led OCD and quite a few other things. Only comforting thing is that it went to a very good home.

sad to have you go. Can you share the price (public or private)? I am curious where market sits on a nice BW.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you share the price

That's funny. I pm'd this same question. Not planning on selling but with all the mods he had (that many of us have) I'm curious where the market sits as well.

#1078 6 years ago

Up to buyer to share price, I will say that my game was nearly perfect and had really good mods like color dmd, LED OCD, shaker, uncercab lights and nearly full LEDs. It had a few other nice mods as well. The game played perfect as it should. Zero wear on playfield.

It is sad that it left and the past few weeks have been tough with Potc, met pro and my beloved TZ also leaving. All games went to good homes where people will enjoy the games and appreciate what I've done to them, which makes me feel good.

Star Wars coming tomorrow and I'm picking up DI Friday at the factory so hopefully the sadnes will pass, but I doubt it. I regret and miss almost every game I've sold, but there is only so much space and cash available so decisions have to be made. I also run a mod business and I don't like making mods for games I don't have so I need new games from that perspective too.

#1079 6 years ago

little progress... but this looks so cool that i have to share it!!!

sonic_shark.gifsonic_shark.gif

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Up to buyer to share price, I will say that my game was nearly perfect and had really good mods like color dmd, LED OCD, shaker, uncercab lights and nearly full LEDs. It had a few other nice mods as well. The game played perfect as it should. Zero wear on playfield.
It is sad that it left and the past few weeks have been tough with Potc, met pro and my beloved TZ also leaving. All games went to good homes where people will enjoy the games and appreciate what I've done to them, which makes me feel good.
Star Wars coming tomorrow and I'm picking up DI Friday at the factory so hopefully the sadnes will pass, but I doubt it. I regret and miss almost every game I've sold, but there is only so much space and cash available so decisions have to be made. I also run a mod business and I don't like making mods for games I don't have so I need new games from that perspective too.

excited to see what mods you come up with for SW and DI.

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

little progress... but this looks so cool that i have to share it!!!

wow!

Let me get this straight, on the XL color dmd you sell, the default is you can choose around 4 colors to go with the full and 1/2 power original dots.... this is the simplest way to get basic color out of the dmd but if you were so inclined (like you are), you can go frame by frame and hand pick any amount of colors? That is what colorizing is? Using that specialized software?

How do you get the frames? Are they honestly like a folder full of images or something more "code like" that a lay person could not just "do"?

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

little progress... but this looks so cool that i have to share it!

This looks great. Can't wait to get my dmd.

1 week later
#1083 6 years ago

2515 (resized).jpeg2515 (resized).jpeg

Anyone know where I can get this plastic above the drops targets???
Thanks

#1084 6 years ago

New to the club here

I was reading above and there is mention of a color dmd? Is there color available ?

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Anyone know where I can get this plastic above the drops targets???
Thanks

I bought a replacement from user @bioba.

#1086 6 years ago

I have a couple extras. PM me.

#1087 6 years ago

My BW has developed an issue, was wondering if anyone had run into this before-

Upon game start, the coils of the game (pops, autoplunger etc) are firing when the flashers should be instead.

Any idea where to start?

#1088 6 years ago

The solenoid (it's on one of the boards but I don't have the exact info with me) that switches the flashers/ coil side of the shared transistors could be acting up or malfunctioning. Does the issue go away during gameplay?

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

My BW has developed an issue, was wondering if anyone had run into this before-
Upon game start, the coils of the game (pops, autoplunger etc) are firing when the flashers should be instead.
Any idea where to start?

I had the exact same issue, check your fuses in the backbox.

I can't remember which one it is but there are fuses for the coil/flasher circuits. Mine didn't even look blown but i tested it with the DMM and sure enough it was blown.

#1090 6 years ago

@CHADH,
How is the coding coming?

#1091 6 years ago

Can someone confirm what's going on here? I picked up this project baywatch, and when turned on only the GI lights up. Can't start a game or go into test. I noticed these wires look to have been cut? What should I do here?IMG_3097 (resized).JPGIMG_3097 (resized).JPGIMG_3088 (resized).JPGIMG_3088 (resized).JPG

#1092 6 years ago

splice them back in where they originally went. small tiny flathead screwdriver should work

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

splice them back in where they originally went. small tiny flathead screwdriver should work

Ok I spliced them back together but nothing has changed. What about the first pic, should I splice the white-purple wire to the green? Does this plug in somewhere?IMG_3100 (resized).JPGIMG_3100 (resized).JPG

#1094 6 years ago

Anyone recognize that connector in the pic above? Anyone think I should splice the white-purple wire to that short green wire in the first pic?

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Anyone recognize that connector in the pic above? Anyone think I should splice the white-purple wire to that short green wire in the first pic?

I'll shoot some pix when I get home.

#1096 6 years ago

Still curious if anyone recognizes this black and white wire/plug? It is coming from the silver box in the front right corner of the cab where the volume control is.
IMG_3100 (resized).JPGIMG_3100 (resized).JPG

Also, check out this sweet hack. The subway is being held up by spare wire, screws, and hot glue.
IMG_3101 (resized).JPGIMG_3101 (resized).JPGIMG_3102 (resized).JPGIMG_3102 (resized).JPG

#1097 6 years ago

I will get those for you tonight. Sorry for the delay.
Camera not cooperating.

#1098 6 years ago

That's a sweet hack! I just opened mine up and did not see a connector like that in that area.

#1099 6 years ago

Well after owning for around a year I am out of the club, great game but I have limited space so something had to go.
I just wanted to share a few pics before I leave, may give some others a few ideas. This game was basically brought back from the dead. It was totally neglected and very diiiirrty when I got It, many hours and a full shop job later it turned out quite nice. Thanks for all the advice and help along the way, good luck with the coding ChadH.

11 (resized).JPG11 (resized).JPG

10 (resized).JPG10 (resized).JPG

9 (resized).JPG9 (resized).JPG

7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG

6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#1100 6 years ago

Sad to see you go but hope you score a great game. Your baywatch looked really nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.