20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 103.
#51 10 years ago

Wow kjm8888, those powerdercoated rails look awesome!! I think this is in my future as my rails have just a touch of oxidation or something.

Installed a kit from Pinball Pro this week too. Both the slingshots and the shark hole are LOUD now! I also installed speaker upgrade kits in both Johnny Mnemonic and Space Jams recently too, and was surprised how much variation there is in the results. Johnny has this rolling thunder type of bass with all the cyber "whoosh" sounds, and Space Jams has the most bass included in the music, along with letting me hear sounds I couldn't even detect before.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Wow kjm8888, those powerdercoated rails look awesome!! I think this is in my future as my rails have just a touch of oxidation or something.
Installed a kit from Pinball Pro this week too. Both the slingshots and the shark hole are LOUD now! I also installed speaker upgrade kits in both Johnny Mnemonic and Space Jams recently too, and was surprised how much variation there is in the results. Johnny has this rolling thunder type of bass with all the cyber "whoosh" sounds, and Space Jams has the most bass included in the music, along with letting me hear sounds I couldn't even detect before.

I've been thinking about doing the speaker upgrades to most of my machines. The Baywatch won't be one of them as I am trading it towards a Revenge From Mars. I'm sure I'll get another one at some point because it really is Sega's best from a gameplay standpoint. I just couldn't pass up the deal.

#53 9 years ago

I love Baywatch...I've got to be one of the pickiest pin owners out there but something about this game just gets me. I don't see mine leaving my collection any time soon. Love it so much I have two of them in my garage with a third DMD just in case.

Very cool mods you guys have added. Love the sharks and powdercoated rails.

#54 9 years ago

just picked one up. Looking forward to getting it running. Wouldn't boot when I got it. Had one (yes 1) GI lamp that wasn't burned out. Crazy how some operators just let them die a slow death. So far from what I can tell - looks like to good shots on this game. I love that there are more than 2 flippers and seems like a number of ramp shots.

#55 9 years ago

Welcom Andrzej and rad.......there are indeed a lot of fun shots, hitting that hooked dolphin shot is satisfying, going for the Shark Award after completing all of the jackpot shots is fun - then you curse like a m*&%#er after missing the Iron Man Double Jackpot!!

#56 9 years ago

BowlingJim you miss the Hoff? Every time a Baywatch thread shows up he posts pix of my machine.
Powder coating the trails is next. I was thinking Marina Blue to match my old ragtop.

#57 9 years ago

love the blue wireform kjm8888 looks great!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

love the blue wireform kjm8888 looks great!

Thanks! It was cheap too! All wireforms and the coin door from my Atari Lunar Lander were powdercoated for $120.00! Local guy working out of his garage. Does great work!

#59 9 years ago

kjm8888 you ever get your neighbor to do legs? I'd like to do my Baywatch legs in black.......

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

kjm8888 you ever get your neighbor to do legs? I'd like to do my Baywatch legs in black.......

I was going to have him do legs, rails and lock bar on my Stargate but sold it first. He will do them. I'm sure I will have him do legs on something I bring in. I've been bitten by the mod bug! It's only a matter of time! LOL!

#61 9 years ago

kjm8888 let me know what he charges you if you do the legs......thanks.

3 weeks later
#62 9 years ago

Pics of some mods I recently added to Baywatch.

Mirror blades
Surfboard on the guard stand
Squid
Dolphin
Shark w/ a severed, bloody arm in its mouth
Coast guard raft
Rescue truck
Barbie lifeguard float w/ LED tied to the left ball saver lights

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPG photo 2 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG photo 4 (2).JPGphoto 4 (2).JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
#63 9 years ago

oh how I miss my Baywatch

#64 9 years ago

Yeah, we really enjoy the heck outta playing it and we think it's so much fun.

2 months later
#65 9 years ago

I love some of he ideas here... Blue wire forms, the Shark, the surfboard on the tower, lit buoy, are my favorite. But cost will limit me to the Shark, Buoy, Surfboard mods.

This machine is my wife's favorite DMD game. She rarely plays my DMD games but will occasionally challenge me on Baywatch.

I’m missing the plastic above the Drop targets. I scoured the web and can't find a replacement or even a good picture... Does anyone know of one for sale, or have a scan, or a clear picture?

#66 9 years ago

If anyone in the club wants out, I am casually looking for a BW in WI area.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I love some of he ideas here... Blue wire forms, the Shark, the surfboard on the tower, lit buoy, are my favorite. But cost will limit me to the Shark, Buoy, Surfboard mods.
This machine is my wife's favorite DMD game. She rarely plays my DMD games but will occasionally challenge me on Baywatch.
I’m missing the plastic above the Drop targets. I scoured the web and can't find a replacement or even a good picture... Does anyone know of one for sale, or have a scan, or a clear picture?

Tell you what, keep an eye out for a good deal on mirror blades or save up for a set. Those make a HUGE difference. The chrome trim around the backbox really is a nice upgrade also and is only about $15 to buy a roll from an automotive store.

3 weeks later
#68 9 years ago

I'm officially in the club! Got a nice example from "PinB" here. My wife liked the one at the Ohio show earlier this year and how can you say no to having another pin.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#69 9 years ago

God I miss my baywatch!

#70 9 years ago

I had wanted a Baywatch for awhile. I really admired how they squeezed a bit extra in to the playfield. And just the other day we got one down my (very difficult, 3-part) stairs!

When people have shopped Baywatch, what order did you approach the removal? Any consensus on a path to follow?
I know it will take a while, and likely spend a few days partially disassembled given my works habits, but any advice, strategies, or warnings of known troublespots would be appreciated.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I had wanted a Baywatch for awhile. I really admired how they squeezed a bit extra in to the playfield. And just the other day we got one down my (very difficult, 3-part) stairs!
When people have shopped Baywatch, what order did you approach the removal? Any consensus on a path to follow?
I know it will take a while, and likely spend a few days partially disassembled given my works habits, but any advice, strategies, or warnings of known troublespots would be appreciated.

I stripped the one I had in 2.5 hrs with no shop out experience including taking a heap of photos and had a note pad writing the steps as I went along with before and after photos so I could work out how it should go back together. Crap load of ramps etc but just record the steps and do it in reverse when re-assembling. There will be a few things that you think you can take off but can't, so you just document the side step. It definitely took alot more hours rebuilding but a rewarding process. I still have all my photos (I think) of the stages if ever you need something to reference.

#72 9 years ago

I totally stripped my playfield down when I got mine because it was filthy. I started by removing the wire ramps and by doing so you'll see what else needs to get out of the way for their removal. I think I remember removing the guard tower in order to easily remove the ball launch ramp because it goes behind the tower.

Just take lots of before pics of the playfield from different angles and then take before pics of specific areas/parts before removing them. I keep all parts together in sandwich bags or plastic cups and label with a sharpie. For the ramps, I tape the screws/parts to them so they stay together. I used a countertop in my basement and laid out all the plastics and parts in the order I removed them. So when time came to assemble, I just started at the end of the line.

Found a few pics I had on Facebook. You can see the first pic where I have almost everything off and all that remains is the large plastic ramp and two wire ramps. So that gives you an idea of the order I removed parts. My wife does a lot of the plastic and ramp cleaning, so this helps because she can go right down the line and clean.

1960140_10152226139368158_1816550764_n.jpg1960140_10152226139368158_1816550764_n.jpg 1959424_10152229804898158_1057105376_n.jpg1959424_10152229804898158_1057105376_n.jpg 1800199_10152229924613158_380119089_n.jpg1800199_10152229924613158_380119089_n.jpg 1900085_10152246500623158_634299162_n.jpg1900085_10152246500623158_634299162_n.jpg 1507141_10152248237358158_967897567_n.jpg1507141_10152248237358158_967897567_n.jpg
#73 9 years ago

I have in the works about a 6 inch shark fin I was going to for the top of the back box. I was going to illuminate and have it hooked to a flasher. Any interest?

#74 9 years ago

I am still looking for a BW in the WI area with a decent pf and for a reasonable price. Dirty is fine so long as the price matches. Happy to pay for a clean example also.

#75 9 years ago

I just picked a Baywatch. I've had to replace the drop targets as one was broken. Does anyone know where to get the replacement stickers for them? I tried looking at Marco, BAA, etc with no luck.

photo(1).JPGphoto(1).JPG
#76 9 years ago

I didn't see stickers when I searched either. Even looked through all the stickers a few vendors had at the Allentown show. That said, those a pretty basic designs that's an easy DIY project to make and print.

#77 9 years ago

If someone can send me (pm) accurate measurements I will draw up and put them up on here as a file that people can get them made or make your self.

- rectangle size
- radius size
- dividing lines
- triangle size - length of each side
- height of triangle from the bottom

#78 9 years ago

If someone can make digital versions of the drop stickers, I would like some too.

Thank you for posting shop photos.
Any troubles getting at the under ramp / subway?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If someone can make digital versions of the drop stickers, I would like some too.
Thank you for posting shop photos.
Any troubles getting at the under ramp / subway?

as stated above if someone can send me some measurements I can have them ready by the end of the weekend for anyone to print off.

As for the subway, there are quite a few mounting points so ensure you locate them all before you try to move it and also make sure you change a couple of globes under there as well

#80 9 years ago

Another newb question: Everyone used the higher-quality non-ghosting LEDs on the computer-controlled lights, right?
I put in some of the cheaper LEDs and there is some flicker at the computer controlled ones, so want to make sure that isn't just me.

1 month later
#81 9 years ago

It is good to be back in the club. Should never have sold the first one.
10623402_10152275644557331_2273412606548104944_o.jpg10623402_10152275644557331_2273412606548104944_o.jpg

2 months later
#83 9 years ago

I just joined the club a week and a half ago. I really love this game. I was shocked at how good it was for not even knowing it existed.

#84 9 years ago

Any update on those trying to get Cliffy to make a protector for the shark scoop?

Also anyone know where to start looking for this problem? The gate entrance for the tower shot registers the center ramp. So when I make the tower shot im getting 2 characters/registering for 2 modes instead of one. The center ramp doesn't revister shots to it, but makes the trap door open for the tower beside it.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I just joined the club a week and a half ago. I really love this game. I was shocked at how good it was for not even knowing it existed.

The game is excellent, but the music is freaking horrible. That's what eventually drove me away.

#86 9 years ago

Taygeta, man, I have not been able to rouse Cliffy - I was the one pushing for the shark scoop protector, and send him measurements, etc. months and months ago - I think he prioritizes the newer games, but have no idea.

I'm thinking about finding someone else to make these, any ideas who could do so?

Wow, check your microswitches and make sure they are running to the correct spot, seems like they are reversed??

Hey, the music adds to the cheese factor, that and the cool guy saying "Allllllright!" when you get the extra ball!! "I'llllll be rea-dy!!"

-Nate

#87 9 years ago

Maybe try and see how many here would commit to buying?

Then let Cliff know the numbers...

I am in for a set of protectors for BW!

#88 9 years ago

Yeah, I put out a post about it, maybe I'll add a poll - will do tomorrow, I think I had about 15 people interested........

#89 9 years ago

Going to pick up a BW this week, can anyone tell me if the cabinet height (legs off, head folded) is about the same as other cabinets? Or is the backbox deeper because of the larger dmd?

I manage to squeeze newer Sterns like Tron and POTC and Sega's like SST and LiS into my stationwagon, but I thought I read somewhere that these cabinets were a bit different.

These Sega machines have all different design backboxes.

#90 9 years ago

Been playing my BW the past few days and last night finally got to Earth Quake and scored just over 2 billion.

I usually choose the 3rd skill shot - have to shoot the Iron Man ramp for 50 million. I noticed that shooting the tower ramp will score a 25 million point skill shot, which isn't documented. Was able to hit that a few times, so pretty cool.

#91 9 years ago

I also choose the 3rd skill shot, because you can hit the other skill shots (blinking rollover) as well - it widens your options. Never got the Iron Man on the skill shot - when are you shooting the tower ramp for the skill shot - AFTER all the modes associated with that shot have been exhausted?? (multi-ball, GUARD, etc...).

I must sux at pinball in general, barely make the GUARD set on one shot per letter, and hardly ever get to Tourist Season Least it keeps me coming back for more tries!!!

#92 9 years ago

If you hit all three skill shots in one game you get an extra bonus, if you didn't know that...

#93 9 years ago

Hit the shark skill shot and right ramp skill shot and you get a 50 million "variety" bonus.

Hit the guard tower during the 3rd skill shot if the ball doesn't get caught in the upper launcher like it's supposed to. It will then continues down past the shark flipper to the right inlane. Then shoot the tower for 25 million. Also works if you shoot miss the skill shots and the ball doesn't hit anything else. Sometimes I've been able to get the ball back to the right flipper without hitting any switches and then nail the tower ramp for 25 million.

#94 9 years ago

I have been thinking of fixing my cab with this upgrade

baywatch.jpgbaywatch.jpg

#95 9 years ago

Whysnow - yeah! A pin for both sexes!!! Yeeeach!

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from goalzzz:

Going to pick up a BW this week, can anyone tell me if the cabinet height (legs off, head folded) is about the same as other cabinets? Or is the backbox deeper because of the larger dmd?
I manage to squeeze newer Sterns like Tron and POTC and Sega's like SST and LiS into my stationwagon, but I thought I read somewhere that these cabinets were a bit different.
These Sega machines have all different design backboxes.

My Previous pin hauler (Honda Fit) was a very tight fit for all pins, but it could hold all style heads for Segas (Large DMD, Showcase, Standard and that hideous thing for Godzilla/Sharkey's Shootout).

If your car can fit Sterns it should be fine with a Baywatch.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

My Previous pin hauler (Honda Fit) was a very tight fit for all pins, but it could hold all style heads for Segas (Large DMD, Showcase, Standard and that hideous thing for Godzilla/Sharkey's Shootout).
If your car can fit Sterns it should be fine with a Baywatch.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, Sterns fit. SST had the "showcase-style" box and LiS probably had the "hideous thing" then.

Well, can always slide the backbox a bit, so should not be a problem then!

2 weeks later
#98 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

If someone can send me (pm) accurate measurements I will draw up and put them up on here as a file that people can get them made or make your self.
- rectangle size
- radius size
- dividing lines
- triangle size - length of each side
- height of triangle from the bottom

Hey Swinks, curious if anyone ever got you this info and if the drop target decals were ever remade?

I will be starting a full teardown on mine and need decals. I can possibly get a scan of my old ones if that helps

#99 9 years ago

here is a image of the plastic over the drop target that I have attempted to start cleaning up.

I plan to use this to help remake a new plastic for my cracked/missing parts one.

Baywatch plastic.jpgBaywatch plastic.jpg

I would enjoy if someone else could share the drop target sticker images

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

I don't know if you should advertise the fact you own a Baywatch pin. Others may think less of you.

"Some people stand in the darkness, afraid to step into the light."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 5,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.