IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4759 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2255 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 103.
#801 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I was thinking about getting those too, but waiting for you to buy them and show us how nice they look. That area does look plain without them.

I just bought the set right now also, thanks for the sharer showing the pics of the finished product, look great!

If you head up to post #772, I added the shark in there about 2 weeks ago, I LOVE it there, definitely ads to the space also.

#802 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

is gate mechanism set up properly? In test mode, does the gate open and close correctly?

Yup, works fine in test mode, just won't even attempt to activate during gameplay - whether it's on the skill shot or a lit orbit, the gate won't open. I could actually take the board from my Baywatch and test it in this one, but I'm betting I find a bad transistor when I remove the board and test anyway.

#803 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Interesting upper gate issue on the Baywatch I'm finishing up. Gate works in the coil test but not during gameplay. Probably the transistor?

Is your Adjustment 32 (Coil Pulse Power) set to High? If so, then it will not work in the game. This is a known bug (for now). Set it to Normal.

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Interesting upper gate issue on the Baywatch I'm finishing up. Gate works in the coil test but not during gameplay. Probably the transistor?

What is your Coil pulse set to in the settings? Anything other than normal causes the coil to stop working in gameplay.

Oh didn't see chad's reply

#805 7 years ago

Yup, was hoping it was the coil setting a few weeks ago. It was set to high and I changed it to normal, but still no action during the game. Thought it was going to be a nice easy fix. Getting back to the game after finishing another project now and will pull the board this weekend if I have time.

#806 7 years ago

Well shit, the game is right in the other room so I went and checked the settings and sure enough the coil power was still set to high. I know I changed it, but guess I didn't save it obviously because all my other changes were still saved.

Can't test it now because I have the shooter mech and ball kicker mech out right now and I need to replace the shooter lane switch. Once I replace the switch, which I have, put it back together and test.

#807 7 years ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

What is your Coil pulse set to in the settings? Anything other than normal causes the coil to stop working in gameplay.

I know setting it to High will cause the upper gate to not work. But does setting it to Low also cause it to not work? I don't have a Baywatch so I cannot validate this. Can someone with a Baywatch please test the upper gate on Low and let me know if this causes the gate to stop working?

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I know setting it to High will cause the upper gate to not work. But does setting it to Low also cause it to not work? I don't have a Baywatch so I cannot validate this. Can someone with a Baywatch please test the upper gate on Low and let me know if this causes the gate to stop working?

Just tested it. With the coil power set to Soft, the gate opens properly. Also checked with the coil power set to high: it looks like the coil opened the gate for a brief second... but it could have been the flashing lights...

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Just tested it. With the coil power set to Soft, the gate opens properly. Also checked with the coil power set to high: it looks like the coil opened the gate for a brief second... but it could have been the flashing lights...

Excellent. Thank you for verifying for me.

I'll tell you exactly what the bug is here... this will get a bit technical but some of you might find this interesting.

All the coils have a set value for how long they are to remain energized. When you set Adjustment 32 (Coil Pulse Power) to Low then the amount of time is decreased by a small amount. When you set it to High, the amount of time is increased by a small amount.

All the coils have a different base value for time. To keep this simple, I will give all numbers in decimal.

The upper right coil timing is set to 240 when it is at the default setting. This means that coil will remain energized for 240 units of time.

When you set it to Low, the code subtracts 30 to the timing of this coil. This brings it to 210.

When it is set to High, the code wants to add 30 to the timing of this coil. This brings it to 270. However, the software is running in 8 bit hexadecimal numbers here. The largest number you can represent with 8 bits is 11111111, or 255 in decimal notation. So the number roles over to 0 if you try to go above that (and don't account for it). In this case, it ends up rolling over and winds up being 14.

Setting the coil power to High in this specific instance takes the coil power from 240 to 14. 14 is such a tiny amount. You can see the effect in the game that the gate probably just barely opens and immediately shuts.

Apparently, this was never tested back in the day and this bug slipped out into the production code.

The Upper Right Coil is the only one that has this bug. All the other coils are have a default value that does not roll over when changing power level.

#810 7 years ago

Soooooo....you can fix this?

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Soooooo....you can fix this?

This bug... and several others.

#812 7 years ago

#813 7 years ago

Sounds awesome
Looking forward so much to bugfixed code

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Did my first small mod on my Baywatch

Send me a link to where I can buy that? All the ones I tried to find on eBay were sold out

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Send me a link to where I can buy that? All the ones I tried to find on eBay were sold out

Here's where I got mine, very inexpensive also, it says 3 sold, 0 available. But might be worth a try messaging them maybe?

ebay.com link: itm

EDIT:

Found more, but more expensive, keep searching "Blue Shark Schleich"

ebay.com link: NEW SCHLEICH 14701 Blue Shark Sea Ocean Animals

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Try Amazon also. They have def had them listed in the past.

#817 7 years ago

This is the one I purchased...

ebay.com link: NEW CollectA 88661 Tiger Shark Model 16 5cm Sealife Ocean

Post #493 shows it in place.

#818 7 years ago

That looks good just ordered it! (Tiger shark)

#819 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

That looks good just ordered it! (Tiger shark)

Awesome. Here's a few pics of how I attached mine. Made a custom plastic and screwed the shark to it. You can also see my custom ramp/wire form mod. If you've ever tried to remove the screw under that ramp flasher, you understand how nice that hole is.

IMG_8159 (resized).JPGIMG_8159 (resized).JPG
IMG_8161 (resized).JPGIMG_8161 (resized).JPG
IMG_8162 (resized).JPGIMG_8162 (resized).JPG
IMG_8160 (resized).JPGIMG_8160 (resized).JPG

#820 7 years ago

Wow that looks awesome.

#821 7 years ago

Here's our man eating shark.

20170223_100149 (resized).jpg20170223_100149 (resized).jpg

20170223_100137 (resized).jpg20170223_100137 (resized).jpg

20170223_100238 (resized).jpg20170223_100238 (resized).jpg

20170223_100225 (resized).jpg20170223_100225 (resized).jpg

#822 7 years ago

Looking for some input from my Baywatch bros......recently scored a good lot of barbie excessories from eBay. Looking for some input on where to place them. Ideas or input is appreciated. Esspesically the dolphin. Visors are cheap and they will soon be on all flashers! The black blob is a boom box but looks better in person.

IMG_2140 (resized).JPGIMG_2140 (resized).JPG

IMG_2141 (resized).JPGIMG_2141 (resized).JPG

IMG_2142 (resized).JPGIMG_2142 (resized).JPG

IMG_2143 (resized).JPGIMG_2143 (resized).JPG

IMG_2144 (resized).JPGIMG_2144 (resized).JPG

IMG_2145 (resized).JPGIMG_2145 (resized).JPG

IMG_2146 (resized).JPGIMG_2146 (resized).JPG

IMG_2147 (resized).JPGIMG_2147 (resized).JPG

#823 7 years ago

Personally I think all the Barbie items look horrible. Except for the red rescue float.

#824 7 years ago

Your input is appreciated but ...... wrong..... lol

#825 7 years ago

I placed the buoy above the laser kick. I also drilled a hole in the bottom and installed a led which I wired into the laser kick insert light. I've found that I look at it more than the light on the playfield now. It makes it easy to know whether the laser kick is ready. Also, my .02, if you are going to do the dolphin, it makes more sense to place it above the spinner. I do agree though that I wouldn't over-do it with the boombox and lifesaver unless it serves a function (such as protecting a plastic, or giving a visual reference to some feature). But I'm also a big proponent of "it's your machine, make it how you like it."

2fe40c0ff4bc516d3725548d44a06dffd5c13bdd (resized).jpg2fe40c0ff4bc516d3725548d44a06dffd5c13bdd (resized).jpg

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Personally I think all the Barbie items look horrible. Except for the red rescue float.

Leave toys in play box, not on pin.
Just don't like the look.

#827 7 years ago

For the followers in Perth Western Australia. I have a very nice example which I have restored too ALMOST original. This is the most most temperamental pin I have EVER worked on. I now need to move on and put money towards DI. Don't get me wrong, this is an uber fun pin, just not for me. If you want a play and possible buy, P.M.me
thankyou. Offers above $3500AUD appreciated
Andy

#828 7 years ago

The Barbie dolphin is way too large for the playfield and the other accessories do not look right either. IMO the only Barbie item that looks good is the red float thing mounted above the laserkick targets with an LED installed.

#829 7 years ago

Wow.......! The masses have spoken. No love for the barbie toys. The dolphin is massive and would be hard to place. I like the visors on the flashers though.

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Your input is appreciated but ...... wrong..... lol

Quoted from V_piscopo:

Looking for some input

Just giving my input. If you like the Barbie toys then that's all that counts.

#831 7 years ago

I know. I was just messing around.

#832 7 years ago

Except for the much too large dolphin I like all the toys. Visors on flashers look great!

#833 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me what triggers the "Collect Shark Awards" located directly above the flippers? I would think it is shooting the shark hole, but even with the glass off I can't get the machine to advance past the first one....

2017-03-04_210147 (resized).jpg2017-03-04_210147 (resized).jpg

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Can anyone tell me what triggers the "Collect Shark Awards" located directly above the flippers? I would think it is shooting the shark hole, but even with the glass off I can't get the machine to advance past the first one....

I think it advances every time you complete the 5 shark targets?

#835 7 years ago

In the club as of today. Great game. Pure fun. The first few times I saw this pin I refused to even try it. The theme was just too much. However, after finally breaking down and playing it, bought one without hesitation. Now, because of the great play, love the theme as well.

#836 7 years ago

went to the movies the other night and saw a preview for the new Baywatch, which caught me by surprise...

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I think it advances every time you complete the 5 shark targets?

No. Completing Shark targets lites the (next to useless) Shark Flip feature.

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Yep ....Shooting The Shark Hole is correct. When the ball feeds to the Shark flipper it triggers the Shark Hole briefly, lamp above should flash, and if you immediately make the shot you'll advance/be awarded a Shark Award.

However, I have found on my game that the time allowed to make the shot is REALLY tight, and often even what seems a quick successful shot wont count. Even doing it manually with the glass off is tough.

I believe chad is looking at the timing of this in his code tweak

#839 7 years ago

PTHermes, yes you have to unbelievably hit all the shark targets then feed the ball to the shark flipper to get it into the scoop. You could try an entire game to get all of these "awards" and probably not be successful. Hopefully a tweak to the code will help this out a bit.

#840 7 years ago

I saw the Baywatch trailer too. The movie looks terrible. Hopefully we see some original cast cameo's that causes our pins to double or triple in value! Lol.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

I saw the Baywatch trailer too. The movie looks terrible. Hopefully we see some original cast cameo's that causes our pins to double or triple in value! Lol.

The television show set the bar pretty low, I'm sure the movie will be right at the same level.

#842 7 years ago

Anyone have anything on this post? The manual says it calls for a small ring.IMG_0063 (resized).PNGIMG_0063 (resized).PNGIMG_0064 (resized).PNGIMG_0064 (resized).PNG

#843 7 years ago

Here's mine

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

#844 7 years ago

Figured I'd also pump the the tires of our EBay seller, liking these target covers a lot! Installed them on the weekend

IMG_0979 (resized).JPGIMG_0979 (resized).JPG

IMG_0980 (resized).JPGIMG_0980 (resized).JPG

#845 7 years ago

Thanks, that's what I found by searching pictures in this thread. But the post doesn't have a groove to hold the rubber ring in place. Maybe that won't be an issue I don't know.

#846 7 years ago

PinRob It's a non issue. You can always check out ours up close & personal if you need anything.

#847 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone have anything on this post? The manual says it calls for a small ring.

I have two Baywatches right now. The one in the workshop does not have a ring. The one I've owned for a few years and shopped myself does have a ring that has slid to the base of the post. But I added that, I remember, because I assumed there was supposed to be one there. I have two versions of the manual (one is different than posted on IPDB) and I'll check them because the other version of the manual I have fixed a wrongly labeled coil, so maybe it updated if a rubber is there or not?

Edit: checked both manuals and they both show a 3/8" OD black rubber ring on the post.

#848 7 years ago

Did anyone else find that that rubber ring needs to be adjusted - either up, or down, or larger or smaller??

It makes for a very predictable skill shot because it always seems to fall into the same slot after hitting that post when the ball is plunged. Haven't really figured out a good "fix" to make it bounce around more..........?.............

#849 7 years ago

I'll play around with the rubber placement on the Baywatch in the workshop. I just have to replace the shooter lane switch and then reinstall the shooter and ball trough coils.

#850 7 years ago

Chad,

Your DESW and TFTC code upgrades unlocked unused callouts. Is Baywatch the same and can you share some callouts you've found interesting? Any other unused assets you've been able to put to good use?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 5,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.