By dnhayden

4 years ago

Stats

• 1,016 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 minutes ago by maffewl
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 314 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B4B6988E-88F4-4E3D-8345-8D5D450CEB3A-30905-00001724EB3AD4E5 (resized).png
IMG_20170605_075958 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170604_224647 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170604_224654 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170604_224710 (resized).jpg
DSCN1732 (resized).JPG
DSCN2318 (resized).JPG
DSCN2324 (resized).JPG
IMG_1196 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
20170507_222059 (resized).jpg
Post missing (resized).jpg
IMG_5710 (resized).JPG
IMG_5709 (resized).JPG
IMG_3312 (resized).JPG
IMG_1286 (resized).JPG

There are 1016 posts in topic. You are on page 16 of 21.
#751 5 months ago

Just installed my shaker motor. Thanks for your help PTHermes. Anyone considering one of these should hop on it while there still available. Really makes the game more awesome.......as if it weren't awesome enough!

#753 4 months ago

Looking for BW pics of playfields with colored LEDs in GI.

Show us you PF.

Shopping out a BW and looking for ideas.

#754 4 months ago

No color GI but i just installed my brandnew rgb dmd and it looks so nice! shaker is on it's way crossing the atlantic right now so next week my really pimped out Baywatch should be complete
Cheers

IMG_1028 (resized).JPG

#755 4 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

No color GI but i just installed my brandnew rgb dmd and it looks so nice! shaker is on it's way crossing the atlantic right now so next week my really pimped out Baywatch should be complete
Cheers

Is that the dmd from Germany?

#756 4 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Is that the dmd from Germany?

Exactly.
They are on backorder at the moment but he's gathering orders for a second run
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

cheers

#757 4 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Exactly.
They are on backorder at the moment but he's gathering orders for a second run
cheers

How did you power the dmd?

#758 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How did you power the dmd?

Exactly as specified in the manual: came with the power supply unit already pre-wired.
Just had to wire tap after the main switch/before the transformer. Wire tap connectors were included, so no additional stuff required at all.
Cheers

#759 4 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Exactly as specified in the manual: came with the power supply unit already pre-wired.
Just had to wire tap after the main switch/before the transformer. Wire tap connectors were included, so no additional stuff required at all.
Cheers

Which wires after the main switch? I see several black and white wires? Thx

#760 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Which wires after the main switch? I see several black and white wires?

Tap in before the connector to the transformer.
Cheers,
Ben

IMG_1050 (resized).JPG

IMG_1051 (resized).JPG

#761 4 months ago

Also just installed the shaker motor from pthermes
Instructions were so detailed, feels better than a commercial product! Never got lost, took me about 2 hours including the drilling. Every screw you gonna need is included, boards are a perfect fit and well made. Thanks paul, really awesome stuff!
This shaker is absolutely worth its money, so well integrated into the gameplay, love it
Cheers

IMG_1055 (resized).JPG

#762 4 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Tap in before the connector to the transformer.
Cheers,
Ben

Perfect, thank you! does it matter whether L goes to the black or white wire? Same for N, does it go on black or white, or it doesn't matter?

#763 4 months ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Also just installed the shaker motor from pthermes
Instructions were so detailed, feels better than a commercial product! Never got lost, took me about 2 hours including the drilling. Every screw you gonna need is included, boards are a perfect fit and well made. Thanks paul, really awesome stuff!
This shaker is absolutely worth its money, so well integrated into the gameplay, love it
Cheers

Finally got my shaker installed this weekend too! It is indeed cool, very well put together kit, Thanks @pthermes !! It seems to only pulse a slight bit each time it's triggered. Obviously if the ball spends a lot of time in the pop bumpers it can get going a bit more. Normal, or should it stay on longer each time it's triggered? Is that adjustable at all?

#764 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Perfect, thank you! does it matter whether L goes to the black or white wire? Same for N, does it go on black or white, or it doesn't matter?

If you want to prevent your display from blowing up it does!
blue to white, black to black, as in my picture, don't mix it up, polarity is crucial here!
Cheers

#765 4 months ago

In some sets I provided a red instead of a blue cable, but anyways it's that black goes to black.
To be more precise:
L of the power supply goes to white,
N goes to the black wire.
That is the standard for North American AC voltage signage.

#766 4 months ago

Thanks. My color dmd didn't come with any wires from the power supply to a power source, that's why I am confused, but it's clear now. Thx

#767 4 months ago

I changed that later in the series to make it more easy and convenient for all and these Cents don't hurt

#768 4 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

pthermes !! It seems to only pulse a slight bit each time it's triggered. Obviously if the ball spends a lot of time in the pop bumpers it can get going a bit more. Normal, or should it stay on longer each time it's triggered? Is that adjustable at all?

mavantix - This sounds like it it is acting correctly, the pulses put out by the ROM are very short and only equate to a few revolution of the motor, so on the short pulses, like the Shark kick-out and center ramp it is about 1/2 second, just enough to feel that something happened, the pop bumpers can really get it going if you continue to get hits.

Quoted from Ben1981:

Ben - Thank you for the kind words. After I got Baywatch it I really missed the shaker action from my Last Action Hero during the pop bumpers, and had to figure out a way to make it happen. I lucked out that there was actually coding for the shaker in the newest ROM, otherwise I would have had to tap into each of the pop bumpers.

#769 4 months ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

In some sets I provided a red instead of a blue cable, but anyways it's that black goes to black.
To be more precise:
L of the power supply goes to white,
N goes to the black wire.
That is the standard for North American AC voltage signage.

I would just like to know when mine will actually be showing up.... It has been months now since I paid and I have been told numerous times it is coming.

I am nearing the end of my patience on this one. Please let me know...

#770 4 months ago

You should check your inbox for my shipping notification and track it on dhl and usps!

#771 4 months ago

How much USD are these displays shipped to US?

#772 4 months ago

Did my first small mod on my Baywatch, looks pretty decent and the mount is barely noticeable! I'm Pleased.

IMG_0788 (resized).JPG

IMG_0789 (resized).JPG

#773 4 months ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

How much USD are these displays shipped to US?

Details over here:
Shipping to US is 40,-usd

#774 4 months ago

How does this compare to the Dr. pinball LCD mod?

#776 4 months ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

How does this compare to the Dr. pinball LCD mod?

Did a little video with my DSLR, sorry for the shaking but you get a feel for PTHermes awesome product at work

» YouTube video

Forgive my crappy playing but its quite hard with a camera sitting in the middle of the playfield glass, at least i made it to the jackpot animation
I played around with the color palettes, settled for monochrome.
I don't quite get the PIN2DMD software yet, have not figured out how to modify a palette from a .dat file or create a 4 color one for the sega display.

Some tearing is visible compared to the original DMD but its waaay brighter (configurable). I also like the option to do different colors, like the black and white a lot! In my opinion it's a very nice option, but i don't know if I'd prefer this one if my orginial display wasn't missing some lines.

Also did another little mod that was mentioned some months ago in this thread:
15,99 on amazon bought me a little party light with water ripple effects.
Mounted it underneath the cabinet with one little screw, looks really awesome, feels like standing in the shallow ocean while playing
Haven't finally settled for blue or clear color water:
» YouTube video

Cheers
Ben

IMG_1088 (resized).JPG

IMG_1089 (resized).JPG

#777 4 months ago

Hi Ben, great looking machine you got there!!
I miss her already

#778 4 months ago
Quoted from BasD:

I miss her already

I'll always keep an eye out for here, i promise

1 week later
#779 4 months ago

Just so we are all on the same page.....and I know every machine is different....but what does everyone have there shark flip set at? Can't get mine perfect. Maybe something to think about if you do decide to re write some code chad.

#780 4 months ago

I'm having a weird little issue with my machine where the sound ROM appears to get mixed up and I can tell early on because when I switch it on it begins playing some music rather than the usual Hoff quote. Then during gameplay all the sounds are mixed up.

Switching the game on/off a couple of time seems to clear the issue but I'd prefer if this didn't happen.

It might be coincidence but it seems to happen after some pretty hot weather, the machine is currently sitting in a room that can get quite warm on a hot day.

I remember someone else mentioning a similar issue, i just wanted to know if they'd figured out what was causing it?

#781 4 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just so we are all on the same page.....and I know every machine is different....but what does everyone have there shark flip set at? Can't get mine perfect. Maybe something to think about if you do decide to re write some code chad.

My game setting is '2' and it works 8/10 times.

But my upper gate skill shot doesn't work.. the ball doesn't seem to make it up to the rollovers fast enough to even make it to the gate.. It's either one thing or the other

#782 4 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

#783 4 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

but what does everyone have there shark flip set at?

Set around 50 and it's like a second or so too late everytime
But to be honest i like it that way, sharkflipping is way too dangerous for my taste, i'm never going for the shark awards.
Cheers

#784 4 months ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

My game setting is '2' and it works 8/10 times.
But my upper gate skill shot doesn't work.. the ball doesn't seem to make it up to the rollovers fast enough to even make it to the gate.. It's either one thing or the other

Fairly typical for Sega/DEngames. Make sure the coil bracket hasn't come loose and that the plunger is hitting the ball in the center. If it's off just a little you will get a bad launch. The coil bracket has play to allow it to be adjusted.

#785 4 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

After some research a while back, someone recommended setting '1' ..........which is what I use, it makes it ....'sometimes' :o. I dont think any setting is gonna make this thing very reliable tbh.

#786 4 months ago

I checked my audits and my machine has made 212/254 shark flips. Not bad..

Audit 80/81 for those who want to check.

#787 4 months ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

I'd love to hear everyone's experience with the two gates in the game. How are they behaving for you? I hear that the lower right gate doesn't seem to stay open long enough for many people for the times where the ball is supposed to make it into that kickback. Also I hear that the upper gate sometimes doesn't open quick enough during a fast left orbit shot for scenarios where it is supposed to let the ball pass.

How are your gates acting?

#788 4 months ago

My gates suck!

#789 4 months ago

My gates are perfect, upper gate works fine and i can make the orbit shot when lit and the lower gate also works really well.

For those having issues with the upper gate, when I first got my machine the actuator attached to the coil was on the wrong side of the gate and couldn't put it down so may want to check that if your gate isn't opening. And anything other than normal coil pulse strength will cause the upper gate to not open too.

My ball launcher is loose which is probably why I'm not making the top gate skill shot, looks like a dodgy fix was done at some point which I'll need to get the proper parts to fix.

#790 4 months ago

My gates work fine, but for the skill shot, the lanes are easy and worth a lot of points if you hit it three times.

#791 4 months ago
Quoted from ChadH:

How are your gates acting?

As you said my lower right gate closes very fast when choosing the third skillshot. When the ball makes a perfect turn past the upper lanes everything works but if it gets held up just half a second, the lower gate closes too early and i have to try to go for the shark skillshot.

Sometimes it seems like the upper gate is opening when it should not (when choosing the lanes skillshot) but those are rare occasions and could also be caused by the ball bouncing off the playfield in a strange way when exiting the shooter wireform and making its way under the closed gate somehow.

Upper shootout works 100% on my game

But two other things i noticed:
Sometimes in multiball it seems like the game is not registering when 4 balls drained and keeps the jackpots lit with just one ball left in play. When this ball drains it starts a ballsearch, kicks out another ball and multiball ends.
Also sometimes it seems like the game does not register a ball draining in single ball play, only after a ball search.
Happens only like once every 20 games so i can rule out a bad switch in the trough (checked them too)

Would be stoked if you could somehow work around the given locks after ball 1 when revisiting the code

Thanks for all your efforts!
Cheers

#792 4 months ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I have 4 shaker motor kits for Baywatch, ready to ship!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-shaker-motor-kit-never-had-a-better-day

Thanks Paul, mine arrived today.

#793 4 months ago

Anyone ever tried adding these?

ebay.com link

They really do look neat and would be cool over the 5 Shark targets

#794 4 months ago

I used another version he sold on eBay.
IMG_0012 (resized).JPG

#795 4 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

ebay.com link

I did they look great.

#796 4 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

ebay.com link

I was thinking about getting those too, but waiting for you to buy them and show us how nice they look. That area does look plain without them.

#797 4 months ago

IMG_2132 (resized).JPG

IMG_2133 (resized).JPG

IMG_2134 (resized).JPG

#798 4 months ago

Interesting upper gate issue on the Baywatch I'm finishing up. Gate works in the coil test but not during gameplay. Probably the transistor?

#799 4 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Interesting upper gate issue on the Baywatch I'm finishing up. Gate works in the coil test but not during gameplay. Probably the transistor?

is gate mechanism set up properly? In test mode, does the gate open and close correctly?

#800 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

is gate mechanism set up properly? In test mode, does the gate open and close correctly?

After my Baywatch cleanup recently, I found the upper right gate did not want to open properly. I had to do a tiny adjustment for it to be a c.h. closer and then it would "grab" it perfectly after.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cin, OH
$ 399.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 60.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 12.00
$ 18.99
Boards
PinSound
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1016 posts in topic. You are on page 16 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.